• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lets see if what you say is true Uh...cording to the scriptures

JUDE 1 [4] For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. [5] I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT, afterward DESTROYED THEM THAT BELIEVED NOT.

So who are these ungodly people who turned the GRACE of God into lasciviousness and who the Lord destroyed due to unbelief? Jude1 and Hebrews 3 and Zeke 20 are speaking of the same event. Alls we gotta do is go look at scripture that tells us why they were destroyed in the wilderness

HEBREWS 3 [12]Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you AN EVIL HEART OF UNBELIEF, in departing from the living God. [13] But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. [14] For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; [15] WHILE IT IS SAID, TO DAY IF YE WILL HEAR HIS VOICE, HARDEN NOT YOUR HEARTS, AS IN THE PROVOCATION. [16] For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came OUT OF EGYPT by Moses. [17] But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, WHOSE CARCASES FELL IN THE WILDERNESS? [18] And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? [19] So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief
Scripture above (out of Egypt - into the wilderness - those that believed not - destroyed them)
Scripture below (out of Egypt - into the wilderness - polluted HIS SABBATHS - destroyed them)

EZEK.20 [10] Wherefore I caused them to go forth OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT, and brought them INTO THE WILDERNESS. [11] And I gave them my statutes, and shewed them my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them.[12] Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.[13] But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and MY SABBATHS THEY GREATLY POLLUTED: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them IN THE WILDERNESS, TO CONSUME THEM.

There it is. They were destroyed in the wilderness because they were not keeping Gods sabbath day. Dont walk with an evil heart of unbelief {Hebrews3v12}.

Well Cooper....you sure did get that backwards
The law, as I said is ended for the believer. You are talking about the unbeliever.

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law, as I said is ended for the believer.

Lets go back to Hebrews

GENESIS 26 [3] Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I WILL PERFORM THE OATH WHICH I SWARE UNTO ABRAHAM thy father; [4] And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; [5] BECAUSE THAT ABRAHAM OBEYED MY VOICE, and kept my charge, MY COMMANDMENTS, my statutes, and MY LAWS.

So why was Abraham observing to keep Gods 10 commandments before they were given to Israel by Moses? He heard and obeyed Gods "voice"

DEUT. 27 [8] And thou shalt write upon the stones all the words of this law very plainly. [9] And Moses and the priests the Levites spake unto all Israel, saying, Take heed, and hearken, O Israel; this day thou art become the people of the Lord thy God . [10] Thou shalt therefore OBEY THE VOICE of the Lord thy God, and DO HIS COMMANDMENTS and his statutes, which I command thee this day.

DEUT. 4 [12] And the Lord spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard THE VOICE of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice. [13] And he declared unto you his covenant, which HE COMMANDED YOU TO PERFORM, EVEN TEN COMMANDMENTS; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

The voice...The 10 commandments. No doubt about it

ZEPHANIAH 3 [1] Woe to her that is filthy and polluted, to the oppressing city! [2] SHE OBEYED NOT THE VOICE; she received not correction; she trusted not in the LORD; she drew not near to her God. [3] Her princes within her are ROARING LIONS; her judges are evening WOLVES; they gnaw not the bones till the morrow. [4] Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have polluted the sanctuary, THEY HAVE DONE VIOLENCE TO THE LAW.

Youll find those lions and wolves mentioned in the new covenant scriptures. The bad guys

JOHN 10 [27] MY SHEEP HEAR MY VOICE, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Also Gods sheep shall also hear His “voice”.

HEBREWS 4 [6] Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:[7] Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, TODAY IF YE WILL HEAR HIS VOICE, harden not your hearts.

Was this prophecied to happen?

DEUTERONOMY 4 [27] And THE LORD SHALL SCATTER YOU AMONG THE NATIONS, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you. [28] And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell. [29] But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. [30] When thou art in TRIBULATION, and all these things are come upon thee, even in THE LATTER DAYS, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be OBEDIENT UNTO HIS VOICE; [31] (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Yup

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lets go back to Hebrews

GENESIS 26 [3] Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I WILL PERFORM THE OATH WHICH I SWARE UNTO ABRAHAM thy father; [4] And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; [5] BECAUSE THAT ABRAHAM OBEYED MY VOICE, and kept my charge, MY COMMANDMENTS, my statutes, and MY LAWS.

So why was Abraham observing to keep Gods 10 commandments before they were given to Israel by Moses? He heard and obeyed Gods "voice"

DEUT. 27 [8] And thou shalt write upon the stones all the words of this law very plainly. [9] And Moses and the priests the Levites spake unto all Israel, saying, Take heed, and hearken, O Israel; this day thou art become the people of the Lord thy God . [10] Thou shalt therefore OBEY THE VOICE of the Lord thy God, and DO HIS COMMANDMENTS and his statutes, which I command thee this day.

DEUT. 4 [12] And the Lord spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard THE VOICE of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice. [13] And he declared unto you his covenant, which HE COMMANDED YOU TO PERFORM, EVEN TEN COMMANDMENTS; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

The voice...The 10 commandments. No doubt about it

ZEPHANIAH 3 [1] Woe to her that is filthy and polluted, to the oppressing city! [2] SHE OBEYED NOT THE VOICE; she received not correction; she trusted not in the LORD; she drew not near to her God. [3] Her princes within her are ROARING LIONS; her judges are evening WOLVES; they gnaw not the bones till the morrow. [4] Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have polluted the sanctuary, THEY HAVE DONE VIOLENCE TO THE LAW.

Youll find those lions and wolves mentioned in the new covenant scriptures. The bad guys

JOHN 10 [27] MY SHEEP HEAR MY VOICE, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Also Gods sheep shall also hear His “voice”.

HEBREWS 4 [6] Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:[7] Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, TODAY IF YE WILL HEAR HIS VOICE, harden not your hearts.

Was this prophecied to happen?

DEUTERONOMY 4 [27] And THE LORD SHALL SCATTER YOU AMONG THE NATIONS, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you. [28] And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell. [29] But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. [30] When thou art in TRIBULATION, and all these things are come upon thee, even in THE LATTER DAYS, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be OBEDIENT UNTO HIS VOICE; [31] (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Yup
What is your question? In both the Old and New Testaments people are required to follow God under penalty of death according to the law. However under Christ the redeemed shall have eternal life.

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However under Christ the redeemed shall have eternal life.

ISAIAH 48 [17] THUS SAITH THE LORD, THY REDEEMER, THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.[18] O THAT THOU HADST HEARKENED TO MY COMMANDMENTS! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

OK. So what does our Redeemer say about keeping the 10 commandments? Are you listening to Him?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ISAIAH 48 [17] THUS SAITH THE LORD, THY REDEEMER, THE HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.[18] O THAT THOU HADST HEARKENED TO MY COMMANDMENTS! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

OK. So what does our Redeemer say about keeping the 10 commandments? Are you listening to Him?
The Ten Commandments were given specifically to the Israelite nation.

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on justbyfaith, have faith in Christ, not in the law.

REV.14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND THE FAITH OF JESUS.

Dont listen to him Jbf. Believe the Word

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Ten Commandments were given specifically to the Israelite nation.

Yup. And we were strangers from the covenants. BUT NOW!

EPHES. 2 [11] Wherefore remember, that ye being IN TIME PAST GENTILES in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; [12] That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANTS OF PROMISE, having no hope, and without God in the world: [13] BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. [14] For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

We {gentiles}were once STRANGERS from Gods covenants of promise, having no hope. BUT NOW in Christ, should we take hold of those covenants, we have hope

ISAIAH 56 [6] Also the sons of THE STRANGER, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one THAT KEEPETH THE SABBATH from polluting it, and TAKETH HOLD OF MY COVENANT; [7] EVEN THEM WILL I BRING TO MY HOLY MOUNTAIN, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for ALL PEOPLE.

Even them (us gentile STRANGERS mentioned in Ephes.2) will He bring to His holy mountain, if we should take hold of His sabbath covenant. Jesus will bring us to the 1000yr period of rest

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
REV.14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND THE FAITH OF JESUS.

Dont listen to him Jbf. Believe the Word
Revelation 14:12 is about the end days when Christians will be made to worship either the false messiah or worship idols. Obviously we should do neither.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yup. And we were strangers from the covenants. BUT NOW!

EPHES. 2 [11] Wherefore remember, that ye being IN TIME PAST GENTILES in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; [12] That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANTS OF PROMISE, having no hope, and without God in the world: [13] BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. [14] For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

We {gentiles}were once STRANGERS from Gods covenants of promise, having no hope. BUT NOW in Christ, should we take hold of those covenants, we have hope

ISAIAH 56 [6] Also the sons of THE STRANGER, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one THAT KEEPETH THE SABBATH from polluting it, and TAKETH HOLD OF MY COVENANT; [7] EVEN THEM WILL I BRING TO MY HOLY MOUNTAIN, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for ALL PEOPLE.

Even them (us gentile STRANGERS mentioned in Ephes.2) will He bring to His holy mountain, if we should take hold of His sabbath covenant. Jesus will bring us to the 1000yr period of rest
Isaiah is pre-Christ.

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah is pre-Christ.

So?

2PETER1 [20] Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.[21] For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were MOVED BY THE HOLY GHOST.

Seems the old testament was written by men as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. Its not wise to ignore the Holy Spirit

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, thanks for your opinion but i will believe whats written in the bible rather than you. Have a wonderful sabbath day.

Actually, you are not understanding what you are reading. You must understand the writer.

In his travels, Lord Byron, English romantic poet of the early 1800’s, walked into a German pub and sat down at a table by the fire. Sitting at the table next to him he overheard the heated conversation of two gentlemen discussing the meaning of a poem – one written by the poet himself. He listened with amusement as they debated over the meaning of the poem, both completely missing the point. Finally, he chimed in with the true meaning of the poem, introducing himself as the author. Even so they stood their ground preferring their own German interpretations, and both argued with Lord Byron over the meaning of the poem.

It is important to know and respect the author, especially when the author is God. And God chose Jewish apostles to write His Word, so it is important to see the Scriptures from a Jewish perspective knowing their writing styles and even Jesus used Hebrew idioms that when known allows true understanding. Every denomination has started with an argument over interpretation and private theories of man, mainly when reading with a “western” mindset, rather than with the “eastern” mindset of the apostles.

God does not contradict Himself. Therefore, test your interpretation or that of your denomination. Does it contradict other scripture? We are all responsible to study God’s Word for ourselves to show ourselves approved, not just allow ourselves to be spoon-fed from the pulpit. When you know the Scriptures, seeming contradictions you hear jump out at you and should be cause for concern. Not only that the speaker may be in error, but that our own interpretation should be rechecked and confirmed or corrected. Always stay humble and keep an open mind to the leading of God’s Spirit.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
COL.2 [14] Blotting out THE HANDWRITING OF ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;[15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.[16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:[17] Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Don't you know that the handwriting of ordinances were in the Old Covenant, which included old covenant requirements such as clean and unclean foods, feasts, and sabbaths, including the weekly Sabbath, Leviticus 23. And yet here you are keeping them. They were part of the Old Covenant, and the whold Old Covenant was nailed to the cross. We are in the New Covenant, not the Old. Catch up! And the New Covenant is not after the covenant given to Israel when God took them out of the land of Egypt.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's pretty sick. And the 613 figure has been thoroughly debunked.

Paul speaking in regard to the Commandments....... “ A burden we, nor our fathers could keep....”

The number “ 613 “ is irrelevant ......it could have been 256..... the point is we can’t keep them— break just one and you have broken them all.....A wise man will latch onto God’s Rescue Plan.....Resting in the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, you are not understanding what you are reading. You must understand the writer.

In his travels, Lord Byron, English romantic poet of the early 1800’s, walked into a German pub and sat down at a table by the fire. Sitting at the table next to him he overheard the heated conversation of two gentlemen discussing the meaning of a poem – one written by the poet himself. He listened with amusement as they debated over the meaning of the poem, both completely missing the point. Finally, he chimed in with the true meaning of the poem, introducing himself as the author. Even so they stood their ground preferring their own German interpretations, and both argued with Lord Byron over the meaning of the poem.

It is important to know and respect the author, especially when the author is God. And God chose Jewish apostles to write His Word, so it is important to see the Scriptures from a Jewish perspective knowing their writing styles and even Jesus used Hebrew idioms that when known allows true understanding. Every denomination has started with an argument over interpretation and private theories of man, mainly when reading with a “western” mindset, rather than with the “eastern” mindset of the apostles.

God does not contradict Himself. Therefore, test your interpretation or that of your denomination. Does it contradict other scripture? We are all responsible to study God’s Word for ourselves to show ourselves approved, not just allow ourselves to be spoon-fed from the pulpit. When you know the Scriptures, seeming contradictions you hear jump out at you and should be cause for concern. Not only that the speaker may be in error, but that our own interpretation should be rechecked and confirmed or corrected. Always stay humble and keep an open mind to the leading of God’s Spirit.

Tons of Wisdom in this Post......thanks for sharing....

Reactions: CharismaticLady

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you know that the handwriting of ordinances were in the Old Covenant, which included old covenant requirements such as clean and unclean foods, feasts, and sabbaths, including the weekly Sabbath.....

2 KINGS 17 [36] But the LORD, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt with great power and a stretched out arm, him shall ye fear, and him shall ye worship, and to him shall ye do sacrifice.[37] And the statutes, AND the ordinances, AND the law, AND the commandment, which he wrote for you, ye shall observe to do for evermore; and ye shall not fear other gods.

The ordinances include the sabbath? Im pretty sure the sabbath is the 4th commandment of God which HE wrote in stone.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many believe that the phrase “New Testament” means New Text or New Book, when in fact the phrase “New Testament” means “New Covenant.” And there is a reason why the Old Testament is called the OLD Testament. Because it is the portion of the Bible that tells of the time when God’s people “ONCE” lived under the Laws of the OLD Covenants….the Old Agreements. As it is we are not living under two Covenants, two sets of Laws, or two religions. Christianity did not merge with Judaism.

Obviously Christ understood that as He explained that trying to do that would harm both religions. Mark 2:21-22 “No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; otherwise the patch pulls away from it, the new from the old, and a worse tear results. No one puts new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the wine will burst the skins, and the wine is lost and the skins as well; but one puts new wine into fresh wineskins.”

Further more Paul made distinctions between those that are under the Law and those who are not under the Law, but rather faith. (Romans 3:19-21 & 4:14, 16, Galatians 4:21, 1 Cor. 9:20-21) The Old Covenants revealed the Holiness of God in the righteous standard of the Law. God promised his people that compliance to the Law would insure many Earthly rewards and his blessings. The New Covenant reveals the Holiness of God in His righteous Son. The New Testament contains those writing that reveals the Son of God and the New Covenant between God and Man. The New Covenant promises very few Earthly rewards but offers Forgiveness, Grace, Justification, Sanctification, Adoption, Glorification, Reconciliation with God, and Eternal Life.

Under the terms of the Old Covenant no flesh could be Justified. (Acts 13:38-41, Romans 3:20, Galatians 2:16-21, 3:11) Because the Law itself brought about the wrath of God. But for those that have entered into the New Covenant with God….where there is NO Law, neither is there violation, (Romans 4:15) Christians are not under the Law but under grace. (Romans 10:4 Galatians 5:18) Because apart from the Law Sin is dead. (Romans 7:8) As Christians we serve God in the newness of spirit and not in the oldness of the letter of the Law. (Romans 7:6) Because Christ, our savior was the end of the Law for righteousness to everyone that believes in Him. (Romans 10:4, Eph. 2:15) We are Justified by faith apart from the Law. (Romans 3:28, 5:1)

The Apostle Paul referred to the Old Covenant and the Ten Commandments as a ministry of death and condemnation. Stating that the letter of the Law kills, but the spirit gives life, (2 Corinthians 3:1-9) and said that Jesus freed us from the curse of the Law. (Galatians 3:12-13) And said that the Law was only a shadow of the good things to come. (Hebrews 10:1) The Old Law was set aside because of its weakness and uselessness. Jesus being the mediator for us, in a better Covenant with God. (Hebrews 7:18-22 & 8:1-13 & 10:9) In Ephesians 2:15&16, Paul had this to say; “….by abolishing in his flesh the ENMITY, which IS the LAW OF COMMANDMENTS contained in ordinances, that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace, and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to DEATH THE ENMITY.

In Galatians Paul had a warning for those that seek to live under the Law or look to the Law as a moral guide. “You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by the Law; you have fallen from grace.” (Galatians 5:4) For those that look to the Laws for righteousness and thereby Sin under the Law, Hebrews has this to say; “For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain terrifying expectation of judgement, and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES ……IT IS A TERRIFYING THING TO FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE LIVING GOD. (Hebrews 10:26-31) Jesus also pointed this out in John 15:22. In Philippians, Paul called those people that still preached adherence to the Old Laws, dogs, evil workers and warned against false circumcision. (Phil. 3:2-14) In Titus, Paul warned against paying attention to those that preached Jewish myths and commandments of men. (Titus 1:13&14)

In John 8:17, When addressing the Jews, Jesus indirectly implies that the Mosaic Law was not His Law saying, “Even in your law it has been written…”

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The law is ended for the believer"

yes it is...it no longer condemns the believer; for the believer is forgiven of all of his sins.

We are not under the law (Romans 6:14), are dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19), and are delivered from the law (Romans 7:6).

(see also Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14, Hebrews 7:18-19).

This means that the law does not condemn us from the outside, as written on tablets of stone.

However, this does not mean that it doesn't govern us from the inside (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6; Romans 5:5) as being written on flshy tables of human hearts (2 Corinthians 3:3).

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 KINGS 17 [36] But the LORD, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt with great power and a stretched out arm, him shall ye fear, and him shall ye worship, and to him shall ye do sacrifice.[37] And the statutes, AND the ordinances, AND the law, AND the commandment, which he wrote for you, ye shall observe to do for evermore; and ye shall not fear other gods.

The ordinances include the sabbath? Im pretty sure the sabbath is the 4th commandment of God which HE wrote in stone.

The Ten Commandment ARE the Old Covenant. Exodus 34:28. We are not under the Ten Commandments, nor the Sabbath law.

Jeremiah 31:
31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The law is ended for the believer"

yes it is...it no longer condemns the believer; for the believer is forgiven of all of his sins.

We are not under the law (Romans 6:14), are dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19), and are delivered from the law (Romans 7:6).

(see also Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14, Hebrews 7:18-19).

This means that the law does not condemn us from the outside, as written on tablets of stone.

However, this does not mean that it doesn't govern us from the inside (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6; Romans 5:5) as being written on flshy tables of human hearts (2 Corinthians 3:3).

Salutations JBF...

However, this does not mean that it doesn't govern us from the inside....

I take exception to that statement. I kindly ask you, what does the Law offer us in any way that Christ's Words and teachings do not cover much more superbly?

Hebrew 8:7
For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. (KJV just for you)

That ministry of death written in letters in stone....It was not just the Law that was faulty, it was the spirit of the Law that deserves no place in Christianity....

We do not need 5 wives....or concubines...Mosaic Law....we should not sell our daughters into concubinage....Mosaic Law. We do not kill our disobedient children....Mosaic Law. Life for a life....Mosaic Law. If we divorce our wife we can reconcile....the Israelites could not....Mosaic Law. Divorcing your wife in this culture was more or less a death sentence. That is one of the reasons Christ objected to it. Our wives are not our property....Mosaic Law. We do quarantine our women during their time of the month....Mosaic Law. When Christians go to war it is not....Kill all that breaths and don't forget the babies. We do not kill people for adultery.... Mosaic Law.

Laws are like a dam full of holes...static...civil or religious they fail....the law of Christ...do all things in love...does not.

It is not only the Mosaic Law that is faulty, it is its spirit and its cruelty. That is why Paul called it a ministry of death, a ministry of death that provided no salvation.

Reactions: CharismaticLady