• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on JBF you are smarter than this. Christ did not teach the elementary levels of morals. The moral standards that Christ taught are mountains compared to the moral mounds of the law. And in spirit, mounds of manure! Don't teach Christians to look at the morality of the law....it only takes away from the perfect teachings of Christ.
Jesus Himself, in the Sermon on the Mount, said that you will be counted great in the kingdom if you do and teach the least of these commandments which are found in the law; of which not one jot or tittle shall be removed from it until heaven and earth pass away (Matthew 5:17-20). This teaching is one of many of "the perfect teachings of Christ."

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got that right

Psalm 119:97-98 (KJV)
97 O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.

I hope you are not promoting “ Law Keeping” as God’s Rescue Plan.....That would be as UnBiblical as one could be...It would mean that Christ died for nothing....

Reactions: CharismaticLady

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Himself, in the Sermon on the Mount, said that you will be counted great in the kingdom if you do and teach the least of these commandments which are found in the law; of which not one jot or tittle shall be removed from it until heaven and earth pass away (Matthew 5:17-20). This teaching is one of many of "the perfect teachings of Christ."

And this is one of the reasons why you have so many denominations and confusion. People get lost in the timeline of the scriptures and put them all in the blender and hit puree. Christ did not come to abolish the law. The law will remain until all things are complete. It is sacrilegious to add anything, take away anything, change anything, and the most of all dissecting the law and follow some of it. If you look to the law to follow them, just one, you are obliterated to follow all 613 Mosaic Laws, and if you don't you are guilty of transgressing all of them all at once.

The Jews are still under the Old Covenant with God...the Jews are still obligated to follow the law....they can't but that is a different story. Christian are not obligated to follow the law and you cannot be in both Covenants. If you look to the law for righteousness you are severed from Christ and have fallen from grace.

This is what people do not get, in most instances in the Gospels, Christ is talking to Jews about Judaism, about the Mosaic Law. The Jewish leaders and scribes are not coming to Christ to ask Him...test Him....about Christianity. He is not telling them that He is the Son of God and they should believe in Him and be baptized, They are asking Him about Jewish laws.

In rare cases when they came to Him alone He would give them indirect answers about salvation. Even the rich man, he did not tell him to believe in Him and be baptized. And Nicodemus...we do not even know what question he asked Christ, Christ just started talking about being born again and it is clear he found it confusing and there is no evidence that he understood what Christ said. Ergo the fact that many are still confused about it today. Christ ministry in the Gospels was first to the Jews...the Gentiles turn would come with Paul.

After the first Council in Jerusalem~~Paul and Peter and John understood. James took on the leadership role of what came to be known as Jewish-Christians. The Jewish-Christians worshiped on the Sabbath and maybe on Sunday too. And they did dabble with the law. This is one of the reasons that the Judaizers were harassing Paul. This particular sect of Christianity died out with the Jewish-Christian Apostles. As time went on Paul made it clear that Christians were not under the law nor should they follow the law...none of them. Because if he did, he would be in violation of the law...it is all or nothing. no exceptions.

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have spoken of this before. The Hebrew word yome means a period of time, anything from a few hours to eternity. This is particularly relevant at creation before the planets had settled into their present orbits around the sun. To give an idea of the immensity of the universe, it takes millions of years for light to reach us from distant planets. Light travels at something like 600,000 million miles a second, please forgive me if my memory has failed me it is a long time since I did physics.

The stars did not appear until day four, and seeing as light travels so fast, billions of years will have elapsed between day one and the light from the stars appearing here on earth by day four.

I'm going back to bed, it is 2 am here.

You and I have not spoken of this. Personally, I don't believe He made the stars, and galaxies during creation week. Just the earth, sun, moon and firmament. It just mentions that the stars were also made by Him, not that they were made that week. It is still a 7 day week. The specifics show that each day was a 24 hour period. The evening and the morning.

Just like in Daniel 8. The 2,300 days were specified as evening and morning. So instead of "prophetic" years, it turns out to be a little less than 7 years, the exact amount of time that the little horn of that chapter defiles the temple in the middle of that time period around 64 BC before that little horn died, during the Jewish revolt from 67 BC to 60 BC when Jacob Maccabees cleansed the temple.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law will remain until all things are complete.

For clarification, for Christians are you talking about the eternal laws of God (which I would agree), or the Old Covenant Ten Commandments? Exodus 34:28

I don't believe the Jews today are under the Ten Commandments as they broke that covenant. Jeremiah 31:31-34. There were other promises that God keeps with National Israel.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For clarification, for Christians are you talking about the eternal laws of God (which I would agree), or the Old Covenant Ten Commandments? Exodus 34:28

I don't believe the Jews today are under the Ten Commandments as they broke that covenant. Jeremiah 31:31-34.

What are you calling "eternal laws?" There is nothing in the Old Covenant that Christ did not surpass.

Jews and Covenants...lol How many did they break? The Jews...historically have done everything they can to damn themselves. Still yet, I do not think that God has given up on them and has a plan. The reality of it all, whether you are Christian or Jew, today, no one can follow the Mosaic laws because they would either end up in prison or an insane asylum. But the Jews of today do dabble with the law and observe the Jewish holidays.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you calling "eternal laws?" There is nothing in the Old Covenant that Christ did not surpass.

Jews and Covenants...lol How many did they break? The Jews...historically have done everything they can to damn themselves. Still yet, I do not think that God has given up on them and has a plan. The reality of it all, whether you are Christian or Jew, today, no one can follow the Mosaic laws because they would either end up in prison or an insane asylum. But the Jews of today do dabble with the law and observe the Jewish holidays.

No, the laws of Jesus are equal to the eternal law of God to "Love God (Jesus) with all your heart, mind and body, and love your neighbor as yourself." 1 John 3:23. The Ten Commandments were weak in comparison, holy as they were. You could hate, but didn't break the commandment to not murder. Not so, in the eternal law.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God made the New Covenant with National Israel, but not all of them entered in. They are still trying to keep the Old Covenant. But the promises of God He will keep. They are partially blinded as in Romans 11, but 2 Corinthians 3:14 says,

But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the laws of Jesus are equal to the eternal law of God to "Love God (Jesus) with all your heart, mind and body, and love your neighbor as yourself." 1 John 3:23. The Ten Commandments were weak in comparison, holy as they were. You could hate, but didn't break the commandment to not murder. Not so, in the eternal law.
Well, like I said....Christ and the Apostles reiterated them. Love God and love one another...
Christ was the total package....like Purina puppy chow complete....ya don't need anything else....lol

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And this is one of the reasons why you have so many denominations and confusion. People get lost in the timeline of the scriptures and put them all in the blender and hit puree. Christ did not come to abolish the law. The law will remain until all things are complete. It is sacrilegious to add anything, take away anything, change anything, and the most of all dissecting the law and follow some of it. If you look to the law to follow them, just one, you are obliterated to follow all 613 Mosaic Laws, and if you don't you are guilty of transgressing all of them all at once.

The Jews are still under the Old Covenant with God...the Jews are still obligated to follow the law....they can't but that is a different story. Christian are not obligated to follow the law and you cannot be in both Covenants. If you look to the law for righteousness you are severed from Christ and have fallen from grace.

This is what people do not get, in most instances in the Gospels, Christ is talking to Jews about Judaism, about the Mosaic Law. The Jewish leaders and scribes are not coming to Christ to ask Him...test Him....about Christianity. He is not telling them that He is the Son of God and they should believe in Him and be baptized, They are asking Him about Jewish laws.

In rare cases when they came to Him alone He would give them indirect answers about salvation. Even the rich man, he did not tell him to believe in Him and be baptized. And Nicodemus...we do not even know what question he asked Christ, Christ just started talking about being born again and it is clear he found it confusing and there is no evidence that he understood what Christ said. Ergo the fact that many are still confused about it today. Christ ministry in the Gospels was first to the Jews...the Gentiles turn would come with Paul.

After the first Council in Jerusalem~~Paul and Peter and John understood. James took on the leadership role of what came to be known as Jewish-Christians. The Jewish-Christians worshiped on the Sabbath and maybe on Sunday too. And they did dabble with the law. This is one of the reasons that the Judaizers were harassing Paul. This particular sect of Christianity died out with the Jewish-Christian Apostles. As time went on Paul made it clear that Christians were not under the law nor should they follow the law...none of them. Because if he did, he would be in violation of the law...it is all or nothing. no exceptions.

While we are no longer condemned by the law, since we are forgiven of past, present, and future sins; nevertheless we are in fact governed by it.

We are not under the law (Romans 6:14), are dead to it (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19) and are delivered from it (Romans 7:6).

But that we are governed by it is evident in such scripture passages as Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, and 2 John 1:6; w/ Romans 5:5.

We have a righteousness apart from the law which is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:21).

This is because we have received the Holy Spirit by faith (Galatians 3:14); and therefore we bear the fruit of love; against which there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).

We obtain this righteousness, not by attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts (crossing our t's and dotting our i's); but rather we receive this righteousness through faith in His blood (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29, 1 John 1:7).

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You and I have not spoken of this. Personally, I don't believe He made the stars, and galaxies during creation week. Just the earth, sun, moon and firmament. It just mentions that the stars were also made by Him, not that they were made that week. It is still a 7 day week. The specifics show that each day was a 24 hour period. The evening and the morning.

Just like in Daniel 8. The 2,300 days were specified as evening and morning. So instead of "prophetic" years, it turns out to be a little less than 7 years, the exact amount of time that the little horn of that chapter defiles the temple in the middle of that time period around 64 BC before that little horn died, during the Jewish revolt from 67 BC to 60 BC when Jacob Maccabees cleansed the temple.
I showed you early humans in England similar to this Prehistoric England

and remember it was a long, long time before people reached England from Africa.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has everything to do with creation week once we understand that a day in the sight of the Lord is as a thousand years, meaning Gods time is not earthly time

Not when the word of God specifies the time. evening and morning is 24 hours. And in Daniel 9, it is one year.