• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am also not trusting in my own righteousness to save me...so this medicine thing is not something where I have to cease taking my meds in order to measure up.

As a matter of fact, the Lord gave me a vision of Himself in which He told me to take them and that "We're going to make you better."

So, I do not believe that I am sinning by obeying His voice and taking them...

In 1 Timothy 5:23, Paul exhorts Timothy to take a little wine for his frequent stomach ailments.

If a little bit of wine isn't drunkenness, then a little bit of psychiatric medicine isn't witchcraft/sorcery/pharmakeia.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calm down a Minute I pointed out your hypocrisy that was the point I was making, I believe in Sanctification you haven't even asked about that But it is Gods Work in our Life to transform us into the image of his Son, Without him, we can Do nothing, If you push sinless perfection You're trying to Exalt yourself to the highest level I don't think you're humble enough

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
There is no hypocrisy on my part, and I am also perfectly calm.

I also am not pushing "sinless perfection", that is a misnomer.

I am attempting to instruct you in the meekness of the Lord here.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am a hypocrite for taking my meds...maybe I will go off of them one more time to prove that I am no hypocrite...

But I know what that would very likely do...it would take me down from being a minister on these boards, and very likely put me into a mental hospital for an indefinite period of time...these people are not playing around!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I didn't see justifying disobedience in that response I saw a person present the Gospel and Point someone to Jesus, when someone was searching for answers and reassurance of Salvation and you told them to keep the commandments, no one is saved by keeping the commandments, That isn't what saves anyone there is a new covenant, its Jesus Christ and Him crucified which I didn't see at all in your response at all
Consider the 'Everlasting Covenant'....I would ask, how does it fit into your understanding of the Old and New Covenant.
We can talk about this if you wish.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There is no hypocrisy on my part, and I am also perfectly calm.

I also am not pushing "sinless perfection", that is a misnomer.

I am attempting to instruct you in the meekness of the Lord here.

The Last Part was for you, But What exactly are you instructing me on here? Let's change the Direction of the Conversation Who do you say Jesus Is? And How does someone Become saved?

Reactions: mailmandan

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Last Part was for you, But What exactly are you instructing me on here? Let's change the Direction of the Conversation Who do you say Jesus Is? And How does someone Become saved?
Jesus is the Lord (God in the flesh).

A person becomes saved either by calling on the name of the Lord or by believing and being baptized.

To merely believe is iffy...but may also do the trick.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I do feel that you are judging me over the fact that I take medicine for a psychiatric illness.

Also, you, @mailmandan and @Blood Bought 1953.

I think that I will pray that you be afflicted with what I have been afflicted with, so that you will be judged accordingly, according to Matthew 7:1-5.

Abba Father, I pray that you afflict all three of them with a mental illness (as a thorn in their flesh to keep them from being exalted above measure) but that they will overcome it in the end (without being exalted above measure). In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Work it all out for their good, Lord.

Receive them as sons (Hebrews 12:6).

Last edited:

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Consider the 'Everlasting Covenant'....I would ask, how does it fit into your understanding of the Old and New Covenant.
We can talk about this if you wish.

I don't Really Wish But I'm an open book and happy to talk, The Everlasting Covenant God Made After The Flood Fufulled through Jesus Blood, The Old Testament Was shadow Of things to come, Jesus Was The fulfillment The life is in the Blood

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Reactions: mailmandan

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to get some rest...will resume this conversation in the morning if you have anything else to say by then.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being Disobedient to God is stupid . Now that I have a new heart, I derive as much pleasure from Sin as I do sticking my hand in a fire.....now why would anybody want to do that?
Obedience is wisdom....it comes naturally to those that have the Holy Spirit in them....the key to obedience is resting in the Gospel of Grace....that Is what leads to loving God.....love Is the engine that drives obedience.....obeying God out of fear is better than NOT obeying, but it falls short of truly pleasing God ...
I am all for obedience, we just need to understand that it is a result of salvation and not the MEANS of salvation...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being Disobedient to God is stupid . Now that I have a new heart, I derive as much pleasure from Sin as I do sticking my hand in a fire.....now why would anybody want to do that?
Obedience is wisdom....it comes naturally to those that have the Holy Spirit in them....the key to obedience is resting in the Gospel of Grace....that Is what leads to loving God.....love Is the engine that drives obedience.....obeying God out of fear is better than NOT obeying, but it falls short of truly pleasing God ...
I am all for obedience, we just need to understand that it is a result of salvation and not the MEANS of salvation...
Therefore, if you are genuinely saved, you will be obedient.

And therefore, if you are not obedient, it is a sure sign that you are not genuinely saved.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so why argue against the Law of God?
We are not justified through law-keeping but through faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for us on the Cross.

Lack of disobedience to the law is the result of faith in Jesus Christ.

(not in the sense of looking to obey a set of do's and don'ts, in crossing our t's and dotting our i's; but in the sense that we receive the Holy Spirit by faith (Galatians 3:14) and the fruit of the Spirit is love; against which there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23). That also, the love of the Lord is shed abroad in our hearts through the Holy Ghost (Romans 5:5) and that this love is the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within us (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 8:4).

Reactions: CharismaticLady

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore, if you are genuinely saved, you will be obedient.

And therefore, if you are not obedient, it is a sure sign that you are not genuinely saved.

If your second Hog Wash Sentence in your post is correct —— see you next Hell, Friend!

Why are you so Stiff-Necked about accepting God’s Way Of Salvation? Grace. ESPECIALLY for the “ Disobedient” .....like me.....like you.....

In your on- going harangue about “Obedience”, why do you and all of the other weak and ignorant , so-called “ christians” neglect they two VITAL requirements of “ obedience” ......Newbies to the Faith , please take note—- Paul talks about “ The OBEDIENCE to the Gospel”......THAT is the #1 Obedience you need be concerned with ( read all about it in 1Cor15:1-4), because if you don’t Believe it you are Lost.....if you “ DO” Believe it you are Saved. It is a Promise from Jesus.Case closed.
The #2 VITAL Obedience you never hear about from those that preach a False Gospel ( Jesus Saves IF you can prove it by your Performance ) is this one—- If you do not REST in the True Gospel Of Grace, God says you are guilty of Two things...UNBELIEF and , guess what?......DISOBEDIENCE!
There are two clear examples of “ obedience” that one's very Salvation May hinge upon—- yet you never hear either one discussed by these silly, confused Law Lovers......They always Major in the Minors......
We all have a choice—- show our “ Obedience to the Gospel” by RESTING in that Gospel as God orders in Hebrews 3 and 4 ....or show our Lack Of Obedience , which God sees as “ UNBELIEF by NOT Resting in the Gospel......worrying and fretting about whether you are Saved or not is how “UNbelief “ manifests itself.....Resting in your Salvation , putting your COMPLETE TRUST in the Gospel and the Finished Work Of The The Cross That the Gospel represents , is the “ Obedience” that will Save you or damn you .....How about all of you out there that want to harp on Obedience all of the time ( instead of the Grace and Love that DRIVE True Obedience), why not Key in on RESTING in the Gospel an “ Obedience” that could Save or Damn......
Newbies.....rest in the Gospel, God will put His Spirit in you, Change you from the inside out and you will “ Find” yourself becoming Obedient as God “ Transforms” you into “ the image of His Son. We can change our outward appearances and satisfy the religionists we witness in here every day or we can can let God do what only HE can do.....Transform Us......Do your Part, which is to Trust and God will do His Part — Transform you. Watch the True Obedience That follows.....one based on Love. God bless...

Reactions: HisLife

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your second Hog Wash Sentence in your post is correct —— see you next Hell, Friend!

Why are you so Stiff-Necked about accepting God’s Way Of Salvation? Grace. ESPECIALLY for the “ Disobedient” .....like me.....like you.....

In your on- going harangue about “Obedience”, why do you and all of the other weak and ignorant , so-called “ christians” neglect they two VITAL requirements of “ obedience” ......Newbies to the Faith , please take note—- Paul talks about “ The OBEDIENCE to the Gospel”......THAT is the #1 Obedience you need be concerned with ( read all about it in 1Cor15:1-4), because if you don’t Believe it you are Lost.....if you “ DO” Believe it you are Saved. It is a Promise from Jesus.Case closed.
The #2 VITAL Obedience you never hear about from those that preach a False Gospel ( Jesus Saves IF you can prove it by your Performance ) is this one—- If you do not REST in the True Gospel Of Grace, God says you are guilty of Two things...UNBELIEF and , guess what?......DISOBEDIENCE!
There are two clear examples of “ obedience” that one's very Salvation May hinge upon—- yet you never hear either one discussed by these silly, confused Law Lovers......They always Major in the Minors......
We all have a choice—- show our “ Obedience to the Gospel” by RESTING in that Gospel as God orders in Hebrews 3 and 4 ....or show our Lack Of Obedience , which God sees as “ UNBELIEF by NOT Resting in the Gospel......worrying and fretting about whether you are Saved or not is how “UNbelief “ manifests itself.....Resting in your Salvation , putting your COMPLETE TRUST in the Gospel and the Finished Work Of The The Cross That the Gospel represents , is the “ Obedience” that will Save you or damn you .....How about all of you out there that want to harp on Obedience all of the time ( instead of the Grace and Love that DRIVE True Obedience), why not Key in on RESTING in the Gospel an “ Obedience” that could Save or Damn......
Newbies.....rest in the Gospel, God will put His Spirit in you, Change you from the inside out and you will “ Find” yourself becoming Obedient as God “ Transforms” you into “ the image of His Son. We can change our outward appearances and satisfy the religionists we witness in here every day or we can can let God do what only HE can do.....Transform Us......Do your Part, which is to Trust and God will do His Part — Transform you. Watch the True Obedience That follows.....one based on Love. God bless...

You might want to check out my post in this forum about the word "COVER"

You seem to have a misinterpreted definition for grace. Grace is not a license to sin, but the divine power of God to NOT sin. 2 Peter 1:2-4 shows that grace is divine power. Grace is given to us after our past sins are cleansed so we don't stumble again. Read 2 Peter 1:2-11 to get the whole picture.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It could have been centuries for all we know before Adam and Eve fell.
Most likely, it was within a month.
  1. When God created Adam & Eve, He told them to be fruitful and multiply [Genesis 1:28].
  2. Eve didn't have her first pregnancy until AFTER they fell.
  3. That means that
    • they fell before her first ovulation, or
    • she had some number of barren cycles before that time.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am definitely saved by grace through faith, friend. God has made me into a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17 (kjv)).

Here is what Jesus said on the matter:

Mat 7:21, Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22, Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23, And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mat 7:24, Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25, And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26, And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27, And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

He is referring to the moral teachings that He has set forth in the Sermon on the Mount...and these are aspects of the gospel that we are to be obedient to.