• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most likely, it was within a month.
  1. When God created Adam & Eve, He told them to be fruitful and multiply [Genesis 1:28].
  2. Eve didn't have her first pregnancy until AFTER they fell.
  3. That means that
    • they fell before her first ovulation, or
    • she had some number of barren cycles before that time.
Actually, Eve was said to be the mother of all living even before Cain was born...check it out in holy scripture.

Last edited:

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You seem to have a misinterpreted definition for grace. Grace is not a license to sin, but the divine power of God to NOT sin. 2 Peter 1:2-4 shows that grace is divine power. Grace is given to us after our past sins are cleansed so we don't stumble again. Read 2 Peter 1:2-11 to get the whole picture.

No one is advocating A license to Sin I don't know how you see that in that response, You Definitely have a misinterpreted definition for grace. Grace is Unmerited Mery or Favor, Grace it is part of God’s character. God In His Mercy Sent Jesus To Die For Our Sins, By Grace are you saved through Faith, You Remind me of the isralites in exodus, Thought they could keep the whole law you go 100 steps further and think you can go without ever sinning again, Notice they made an idol To baal, You have fallen for Satans Lie In Genesis. You cant Be like God But you can accept His Free Gift through the Shed Blood Of Jesus, Jesus Died For the sins of the world, the Blood Of Jesus cleanses us from all sin. he is the propitiation for our sins. Without him you can do Nothing, Id suggest you stop striving for what you cant acheive And take His Free Gift, That will sort out your Sin Problem

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Id suggest you stop striving for what you can't achieve And take His Free Gift, That will sort out your Sin Problem

The free gift is being made righteous (Romans 5:15-17, Romans 5:19, 1 John 3:7, Matthew 5:6).

My observation is true for a straight reading of the text.

Read it how you want...it's not an essential of the faith...just an interesting tidbit.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Ten Commandments were holy, but they are better when written on your heart, because it doesn't end with just ten, and they become part of your nature. No one has to teach them to you.
You know, I see you guys shifting and shuffling and doing all sorts of fancy footwork to achieve what?? Whatever the Law is written on it is God's Law and is as valid on stone as it is in our hearts.

Those who don't have it written on their hearts, does not invalidate them written on stone and those who really do have them in their hearts will find no objection to those written on stone.....that's gotta be as obvious as a train smash! If there's an objection it reveals a muddled mess in the persons thinking.

orrrr....is it that folk think they can get away with breaking them if they say they are written on stone??.....if they can't, then they are still valid!!

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You know, I see you guys shifting and shuffling and doing all sorts of fancy footwork to achieve what?? Whatever the Law is written on it is God's Law and is as valid on stone as it is in our hearts.

Those who don't have it written on their hearts, does not invalidate them written on stone and those who really do have them in their hearts will find no objection to those written on stone.....that's gotta be as obvious as a train smash! If there's an objection it reveals a muddled mess in the persons thinking.

orrrr....is it that folk think they can get away with breaking them if they say they are written on stone??.....if they can't, then they are still valid!!

2 Corinthians 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

Fancy Footwork indeed You dont Show Love By keeping a list of rules You find it in the person of Jesus, From the overflow of the mouth the heart speaks, Jesus is the word of God and God Said....Let there be Light :)

Love is the fulfilling of the law Romans 13:10. When walking in the Spirit you have the chance to Reflect Gods Love to the world, Real Love Comes from God as God is Love, Satan has a false counter of Love that the world Sees Which is Love for Self (Pride), People Hated Jesus and Paul Said Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? The world doesnt understand God Without covering too many points If you are walking in the spirit you would not break any of the 10 comandments Jesus Elevated things To much higher spiritual principles

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most likely, it was within a month.
  1. When God created Adam & Eve, He told them to be fruitful and multiply [Genesis 1:28].
  2. Eve didn't have her first pregnancy until AFTER they fell.
  3. That means that
    • they fell before her first ovulation, or
    • she had some number of barren cycles before that time.

Just as good a guess as everyone elses! I prefer to say I don't know! Could have been real quick, could have been real long! God being omniscient may have caused them to wait till the fall to have kids. So He wouldn't have to repeat teh test over and over and over and over again! Don't kow!

When God is silent we should seek to be as well! All every "guesstimate" is simply based on circumstantial evidence in Scripture and that is not enough to make a firm foundation to stand on.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CharismaticLady said:
The Ten Commandments were holy, but they are better when written on your heart, because it doesn't end with just ten, and they become part of your nature. No one has to teach them to you.

So yo observe the Saturday Sabbath?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that Doesn't apply to you in your own admission

How do you figure that?

Because I have a dysfunction in my brain that is very well corrected by medicine so that I can function normally with the medicine that I take?

But The one that's important is Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Scripture interprets scripture; and more specifically, immediate context matters.

And I believe that the immediate context of Romans 6:23, in v.22, tells us that the gift of God is being set free from sin; and that the end of that is everlasting life.

The gift of everlasting life, therefore, will not come to you apart from being set free from sin, according to the context.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
How do you figure that?

Because I have a dysfunction in my brain that is very well corrected by medicine so that I can function normally with the medicine that I take?

Scripture interprets scripture; and more specifically, immediate context matters.

And I believe that the immediate context of:23, in v.22, tells us that the gift of God is being set free from sin; and that the end of that is everlasting life.

The gift of everlasting life, therefore, will not come to you apart from being set free from sin, according to the context.

No, Because you admit that you still sin. You did try and blame the Medication tho, Been Set free from the Consequence of Sin that is Death, But I do think When resurrected The new body will be free from Sin in the meantime there is Santification. Your right about Scripture interprets scripture So Read the end of Romans 5 And the Rest of Romans 6 And you should get a better context

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Think about the Greatest Comandment to love God with all your heart, and with your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength, He is worthy of This all the time,if you say you do this your a Liar, When you fall Short of this your breaking the Greatest Comandment

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Because you admit that you still sin.

And, the fact that I have recently sinned does not mean that I will necessarily still sin in the future.

And also, the fact that I "still sin" does not in any way preclude that a man cannot come to the place where he will "go and sin no more."

Your right about Scripture interprets scripture So Read the end of Romans 5 And the Rest of Romans 6 And you should get a better context

I can't read your mind.

What is it that you think is borne out by the context that contradicts what we find in Romans 6:22?

Think about the Greatest Comandment to love God with all your heart, and with your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength, He is worthy of This all the time,if you say you do this your a Liar, When you fall Short of this your breaking the Greatest Comandment

I certainly cannot love the Lord my God with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength, in my own strength.

However, in Romans 5:5 we find a very important principle: that the love of the Lord is shed abroad in the hearts of those who truly believe in Jesus...even the fulness of His love (Ephesians 3:19-20, 1 John 4:8, 1 John 4:16).

Therefore...through faith in Jesus Christ, we can receive the Holy Ghost (Galatians 3:14) and the love of the Lord via the Holy Ghost (Romans 5:5)...even the fulness of God's love (Ephesians 3:19-20, 1 John 4:8, 1 John 4:16).

And therefore, it is not out of the question that a man might even fulfill the righteousness of the law as he walks not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:4, Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 5:5).

Last edited:

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
And, the fact that I have recently sinned does not mean that I will necessarily still sin in the future.

And also, the fact that I "still sin" does not in any way preclude that a man cannot come to the place where he will "go and sin no more."

I can't read your mind.

What is it that you think is borne out by the context that contradicts what we find Romans 6:22?

I certainly cannot love the Lord my God with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength, in my own strength.

However, in Romans 5:5 we find a very important principle: that the love of the Lord is shed abroad in the hearts of those who truly believe in Jesus...even the fulness of His love (Ephesians 3:19-20, 1 John 4:8, 1 John 4:16).

Therefore...through faith in Jesus Christ, we can receive the Holy Ghost (Galatians 3:14) and the love of the Lord via the Holy Ghost (Romans 5:5)...even the fulness of God's love (Ephesians 3:19-20, 1 John 4:8, 1 John 4:16).

And therefore, it is not out of the question that a man might even fulfill the righteousness of the law as he walks not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:4, Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 5:5).

Nothing Contradicts Scripture, But I am saying your interpretation is wrong, I have trouble taking you serious anymore, You are been a hypocrite by pushing a standard you cant live up to, You preach another Gospel when you say people can stop sinning and wont need a Savior for that, when the Gospel is that Jesus Died for our sins

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I am saying your interpretation is wrong,

Let the reader decide:

Rom 6:22, But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
Rom 6:23, For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I have trouble taking you serious anymore, You are been a hypocrite by pushing a standard you cant live up to,

How am I being a hypocrite?

In that, I take medicine for a psychiatric illness?

I believe that the medicine that I take does indeed have an aphrodisiac element to it; because I have in fact lived up to this standard for a full year of my life; but after that year I was placed on these meds and have not been able to get the victory over the lusts of the flesh ever since; while I had what I would call perfect victory previous to that. So yes, I attribute my failure to the medicine that I take.

You preach another Gospel when you say people can stop sinning and wont need a Savior for that, when the Gospel is that Jesus Died for our sins

What I am preaching is a biblical gospel (Matthew 1:21, Titus 2:14, 1 John 1:7, 1 John 3:9, 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17).

And I will say also unequivocally that those who stop sinning still need the Saviour; for He is the vine and we are the branches.

Our very freedom from sin (John 8:31-36) and victory over sin (1 Corinthians 15:57) is given to us because we abide in the vine, Jesus Christ (see John 15:1-8, 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17); so yes, we need Him: He is the very source of holiness through whom we have the power to gain victory over sin...the Holy Spirit is the only way that any of us can walk in freedom (John 8:31-36) and victory (1 Corinthians 15:57)...just read Romans chapter 8.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The free gift is being made righteous (Romans 5:15-17, Romans 5:19, 1 John 3:7, Matthew 5:6).

Read it how you want...it's not an essential of the faith...just an interesting tidbit.

How much “ made righteous “ was the Saved man who was a Born-Again member of Pauls church who had sex with his Mother or maybe, to be kind, his Stepmother ?
Only God is Righteous..... Abraham and we Believers are “ counted” as ” Righteous” because Of our Faith in The Promises Of God.....Actual Perfection and Righteousness will become Real “ Over There”

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How much “ made righteous “ was the Saved man who was a Born-Again member of Pauls church who had sex with his Mother or maybe, to be kind, his Stepmother ?
He was not saved (1 Corinthians 6:9-11). And it was his stepmother.

Walking into a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than walking into a McDonald's makes you a hamburger.

Also, are you in some way, shape, or form, denying the message of Romans 5:19?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN
Whatever the Law is written on it is God's Law and is as valid and of value as it is written in our hearts.
As it is written in stone, it condemns the unbeliever as a standard that they cannot keep.

The believer is not under the law (Romans 6:14) is dead to the law (Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19) and is delivered from the law (Romans 7:6) as it is written on stone (2 Corinthians 3:3).

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1-a, John 5:24 (kjv)).

Reactions: BloodBought 1953