The thief on the cross misconceptions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me, in Scriptures, that we are to observe the Shabbat/Sabbaths--I am not a Jew brother--and many isms and schisms in the soma of Christ re this very topic.

To whom did Moshe talk to? YisraEl, yes? And the zarim among them had to be circumcised or
proselytized to be recognized as YisraEl-ites, as you might be well aware of....
The 7th Day is Christ = He is LORD of the Sabbath = Disobey God's Sabbath Rest/Christ = means death.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The 7th Day is Christ
Are you a 7th Day Adventist?
The 7th Day is Christ = He is LORD of the Sabbath = Disobey God's Sabbath Rest - Christ = means death.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”
I believe these portions of scriptures with my whole heart, do not attempt to ekpeiradzo me brother.
Just answer my question that you are/are not a 7th Day Adventist and we can take it from there.
J.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you a 7th Day Adventist?

I believe these portions of scriptures with my whole heart, do not attempt to ekpeiradzo me brother.
Just answer my question that you are/are not a 7th Day Adventist and we can take it from there.
J.
Why do you feel as if you are being tested?
You asked me a question and i gave you my answer.

i am sharing with you what i know from Scripture about God - that is our joy in Christ and His Holy Spirit

JESUS told His disciples(and us) that Moses wrote about Him, and not only Moses but the 'Volume of the Book' which includes the Prophets.

i do not practice 7th Day Adventist religion but i do believe the Word of Truth

The Sabbath Rest of God is not saturday or sunday = IT is only found in Christ.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Why do you feel as if you are being tested?
Then I apologize, again, show me scripture references that we are to observe the Shabbat, two or three would suffice.
The one you showed me was to YisraEl, and YisraEl only.

Act 15:1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

Act 15:2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.
Act 15:3 And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren.
Act 15:4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.
Act 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
Act 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Act 15:12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.
Act 15:13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
Act 15:14
Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
Act 15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
Act 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
Act 15:18
Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
Act 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
Act 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Act 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Is Shabbath--keeping a salvific issue with you?

Reactions: Jim B

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I apologize, again, show me scripture references that we are to observe the Shabbat, two or three would suffice.

Act 15:1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

Act 15:2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.
Act 15:3 And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren.
Act 15:4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.
Act 15:5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
Act 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Act 15:12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.
Act 15:13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
Act 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
Act 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
Act 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Act 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

AGREE - there is no place in NT Scripture to observe a specific day(24hr) of the 7 day week.

This can only mean One Truth = that Christ is the 7th Day of Rest since God established the 7th Day BEFORE the Law

Christ being the Sabbath Rest of God is specific to Genesis(Gospel), the Law/Torah/Prophets, John chapter 3(Gospel) and Hebrews

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created the 7th day ever before there was the law written on stone hearts.. I mean tablets.
God gave Israel a physical sabbath. For a physical nation.
Now the law is written on our hearts and in our minds. We are God's spiritual Israel.
And we have our being in Him. And in Him is the sabbath.
Mat 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

This IS that rest that God gave to Israel except it's spiritual and eternal.

Heb 4:1
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3
For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Rev 22:17
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Hugs

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created the 7th day ever before there was the law written on stone hearts.. I mean tablets.
God gave Israel a physical sabbath. For a physical nation.
Now the law is written on our hearts and in our minds. We are God's spiritual Israel.
And we have our being in Him. And in Him is the sabbath.
Mat 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

This IS that rest that God gave to Israel except it's spiritual and eternal.

Heb 4:1
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
Heb 4:3
For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Rev 22:17
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Hugs
Hugs received and given back for you said it very well.

Reactions: Ziggy

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You said: "Is Shabbath--keeping a salvific issue with you?"

God established His Day of Rest - It is a Eternal Gospel Commandment found in Genesis that is fulfilled in Christ.

Salvation is God's Sabbath Rest from Genesis = John 3:16-18

He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Thru the LORD Jesus Christ, God invites all to enter into His REST

i have worked on saturdays, sundays and all days while RESTING in Salvation thru the LORD of the Sabbath.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Christ being the Sabbath Rest of God is specific to Genesis(Gospel), the Law/Torah/Prophets, John chapter 3(Gospel) and Hebrews
Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

And I will give you rest; spiritual rest here, peace of conscience, ease of mind, tranquillity of soul, through an application of pardoning grace, a view of free justification by the righteousness of Christ, and full atonement of sin by his sacrifice; and eternal rest hereafter, in Abraham's bosom, in the arms of Jesus, in perfect and uninterrupted communion with Father, Son, and Spirit.

The Jews say (y), that מנוחת תורה, "the law is rest"; and so explain Gen_49:15 of it: but a truly sensible sinner enjoys no rest, but in Christ; it is like Noah's dove, which could find no rest for the soles of its feet, until it returned to the ark; and they themselves expect perfect rest in the days of the Messiah, and call his world מנוחה, rest (z).
(y) Tzeror Hammor, fol. 39. 3. (z) Tzeror Hammor, fol. 150. 2.

I would say Yeshua is our rest, and IN Him we rest, the Strong Ox and us in the yoke, yet Christ bearing our load, yet we are to yield obedience to the Imperatives of Messiah, the nomos/entole of the Ruach and Yeshua.

Heb 3:11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
they shall not enter into my rest; into the land of Canaan, called God's rest, because he promised it, and gave it to the Israelites as their rest; and where he himself had a place of rest; and where he gave the Messiah, the author of peace and rest; and which was a type of heaven, that rest from toil and labour, which remains for the people of God; and into which it is said this generation did not enter;

for the Jews say (f),

"the generation of the wilderness have no part in the world to come:''
but this seems too harsh, for doubtless there were many who died in the wilderness, that went safe to heaven, notwithstanding all their sins and provocations.

(f) Tzeror Hammor, fol. 118. 1.
Gill

Heb_4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Do enter (eiserchometha).
Emphatic futuristic present middle indicative of eiserchomai. We are sure to enter in, we who believe.
Robertson

For we which have believed do enter into rest (εἰσερχόμεθα γὰρ εἰς τὴν κατάπαυσιν οἱ πιστεύσαντες)
I say by faith, for, we believers, who embraced the Christian faith when it was offered to us (note the aorist participle), do enter into the rest. Ἐισερχόμεθα categorical; not are entering or are on the way to, but entering into the rest is a fact which characterizes us as believers.
Vincent.

Heb_4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

For if Jesus had given them rest,.... That is, Joshua; for Hosheah, Joshua, and Jesus, are one and the same name; or Jesus himself, as two of Stephens's copies read; and so Joshua is called Jesus by the Septuagint interpreters on Exo_17:10 and other places where he is mentioned; and also, by Josephus (h), and Philo (i) the Jew.

The Syriac version, lest any should mistake this for Jesus Christ, adds, "the son of Nun": who is certainly the person designed, as the apostle's reasoning shows; who was an eminent type of Jesus Christ: there is an agreement in their names, both signify a saviour, Joshua was a temporal saviour, Christ a spiritual one; and in their office they were both servants; and in their qualifications for their office, such as wisdom, courage, faithfulness, and integrity.

Joshua was a type of Christ in many actions of his life; in the miracles he wrought, or were wrought for him; in the battles he fought, and the victories he obtained; in saving Rahab and her family; in receiving the Gibeonites, who came submissively to him; and in leading the children of Israel into Canaan's land, which he divided to them by lot: but though he brought them into a land of rest, into the typical rest, where they had rest for a while from their temporal enemies, yet he did not give them the true spiritual rest: had he,
then would he not afterward have spoken of another day; that is, God, in David's time, and by him, would not have so long after appointed another day of rest; meaning,
not any particular day of the week, but the whole Gospel dispensation, in the times of the Messiah; wherefore the apostle concludes as follows.
(h) Antiqu. Jud. l. 4. c. 7. sect. 2. c. 8. sect. 46, 47, 48. & l. 5. c. 1. sect. 1. & passim. (i) De Charitate, p. 698, 699, 700.
Gill

But I concur how our sister @Ziggy explained it, simple, and I am way too technical and can go deeper.
Suffice to say, yes, Yeshua HaMashiach is our rest

J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You said: "Is Shabbath--keeping a salvific issue with you?"

God established His Day of Rest - It is a Eternal Gospel Commandment found in Genesis that is fulfilled in Christ.

Salvation is God's Sabbath Rest from Genesis = John 3:16-18

He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Thru the LORD Jesus Christ, God invites all to enter into His REST

i have worked on saturdays, sundays and all days while RESTING in Salvation thru the LORD of the Sabbath.
And I rest in Christ 24/7

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

And I will give you rest; spiritual rest here, peace of conscience, ease of mind, tranquillity of soul, through an application of pardoning grace, a view of free justification by the righteousness of Christ, and full atonement of sin by his sacrifice; and eternal rest hereafter, in Abraham's bosom, in the arms of Jesus, in perfect and uninterrupted communion with Father, Son, and Spirit.

The Jews say (y), that מנוחת תורה, "the law is rest"; and so explain Gen_49:15 of it: but a truly sensible sinner enjoys no rest, but in Christ; it is like Noah's dove, which could find no rest for the soles of its feet, until it returned to the ark; and they themselves expect perfect rest in the days of the Messiah, and call his world מנוחה, rest (z).
(y) Tzeror Hammor, fol. 39. 3. (z) Tzeror Hammor, fol. 150. 2.

I would say Yeshua is our rest, and IN Him we rest, the Strong Ox and us in the yoke, yet Christ bearing our load, yet we are to yield obedience to the Imperatives of Messiah, the nomos/entole of the Ruach and Yeshua.

Heb 3:11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
they shall not enter into my rest; into the land of Canaan, called God's rest, because he promised it, and gave it to the Israelites as their rest; and where he himself had a place of rest; and where he gave the Messiah, the author of peace and rest; and which was a type of heaven, that rest from toil and labour, which remains for the people of God; and into which it is said this generation did not enter;

for the Jews say (f),

"the generation of the wilderness have no part in the world to come:''
but this seems too harsh, for doubtless there were many who died in the wilderness, that went safe to heaven, notwithstanding all their sins and provocations.

(f) Tzeror Hammor, fol. 118. 1.
Gill

Heb_4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Do enter (eiserchometha).
Emphatic futuristic present middle indicative of eiserchomai. We are sure to enter in, we who believe.
Robertson

For we which have believed do enter into rest (εἰσερχόμεθα γὰρ εἰς τὴν κατάπαυσιν οἱ πιστεύσαντες)
I say by faith, for, we believers, who embraced the Christian faith when it was offered to us (note the aorist participle), do enter into the rest. Ἐισερχόμεθα categorical; not are entering or are on the way to, but entering into the rest is a fact which characterizes us as believers.
Vincent.

Heb_4:5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

For if Jesus had given them rest,.... That is, Joshua; for Hosheah, Joshua, and Jesus, are one and the same name; or Jesus himself, as two of Stephens's copies read; and so Joshua is called Jesus by the Septuagint interpreters on Exo_17:10 and other places where he is mentioned; and also, by Josephus (h), and Philo (i) the Jew.

The Syriac version, lest any should mistake this for Jesus Christ, adds, "the son of Nun": who is certainly the person designed, as the apostle's reasoning shows; who was an eminent type of Jesus Christ: there is an agreement in their names, both signify a saviour, Joshua was a temporal saviour, Christ a spiritual one; and in their office they were both servants; and in their qualifications for their office, such as wisdom, courage, faithfulness, and integrity.

Joshua was a type of Christ in many actions of his life; in the miracles he wrought, or were wrought for him; in the battles he fought, and the victories he obtained; in saving Rahab and her family; in receiving the Gibeonites, who came submissively to him; and in leading the children of Israel into Canaan's land, which he divided to them by lot: but though he brought them into a land of rest, into the typical rest, where they had rest for a while from their temporal enemies, yet he did not give them the true spiritual rest: had he,
then would he not afterward have spoken of another day; that is, God, in David's time, and by him, would not have so long after appointed another day of rest; meaning,
not any particular day of the week, but the whole Gospel dispensation, in the times of the Messiah; wherefore the apostle concludes as follows.
(h) Antiqu. Jud. l. 4. c. 7. sect. 2. c. 8. sect. 46, 47, 48. & l. 5. c. 1. sect. 1. & passim. (i) De Charitate, p. 698, 699, 700.
Gill

But I concur how our sister @Ziggy explained it, simple, and I am way too technical and can go deeper.
Suffice to say, yes, Yeshua HaMashiach is our rest

J.
They couldn't enter in because of their unbelief.
Here's this tent in the middle of the wilderness and God himself is living among you.
So now he's going to try them. To see if they would keep His word. He hadn't given them the stone tablets yet.
They had to rely on his words coming from his mouth.
Pick twice as much on the sixth day but none on the seventh day.
Problem was they didn't trust that the provisions God supplied on the 6th day would be enough. So many went out on the 7th looking for more.
This was the sin. Not believing in God and His word.
That's why they couldn't enter in.
They questioned Him all the time. Can God provide water or a banquet table or meat in the desert?
And God did. But their lack of faith was astounding.

God got mad at them because they wouldn't trust him. So he sent serpents among them to bite them.
And the people repented and asked Moses to pray to God to take away the serpents, and Moses made the pole with the brazen snake on it.
All they had to do was look at it and believe that God said if you look at it, snake bites won't kill you.
But many died because they had no faith.
Then they started to bow down and worship the thing for like 700 years until one of the kings had to destroy it. It had become an idol that they worshipped instead of God himself.

They couldn't find rest because they were too busy worrying about everything and not trusting God.
So now breaking the sabbath became a curse. Because it was a sign of rebellion and their lack of faith in God.
And if you were caught working on the Sabbath they got killed.
This is the condemnation of the law. This is it's judgement for sin.

When Jesus came God wiped the slate clean. All sins forgiven. It is finished.
Now, we can do what Israel did and provoke the Lord by not trusting in His rest. And miss out on this eternal promise we have been given.
Or we can keep God's sabbath holy, which is IN Jesus Christ his son, by trusting that He will provide for us for he knows what we have need of daily.
Give us this day our daily bread. Don't say nothing about only six days, it says daily.
We need to trust that God will provide for all our needs without griping or unbelief.

If anyone chooses to set aside one particular day to give God the glory and thanks, that's fine.
But I believe in order to be "obedient" to the spirit of the law, this should be everyday we have breath in us.

The sermon on the mount works good here.
I posted it in the Barista a couple days ago.

Hugs

Reactions: Jim B and Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Here's this tent in the middle of the wilderness and God himself is living among you.
So now he's going to try them. To see if they would keep His word. He hadn't given them the stone tablets yet.
Problem was they didn't trust that the provisions God supplied on the 6th day would be enough. So many went out on the 7th looking for more.
They questioned Him all the time. Can God provide water or a banquet table or meat in the desert?

God got mad at them because they wouldn't trust him. So he sent serpents among them to bite them.
And the people repented and asked Moses to pray to God to take away the serpents, and Moses made the pole with the brazen snake on it.
All they had to do was look at it and believe that God said if you look at it, snake bites won't kill you.
Then they started to bow down and worship the thing for like 700 years until one of the kings had to destroy it. It had become an idol that they worshipped instead of God himself.

They couldn't find rest because they were too busy worrying about everything and not trusting God.
So now breaking the sabbath became a curse. Because it was a sign of rebellion and their lack of faith in God.

Now, we can do what Israel did and provoke the Lord by not trusting in His rest. And miss out on this eternal promise we have been given.
Or we can keep God's sabbath holy, which is IN Jesus Christ his son, by trusting that He will provide for us for he knows what we have need of daily.
Give us this day our daily bread. Don't say nothing about only six days, it says daily.
We need to trust that God will provide for all our needs without griping or unbelief.

If anyone chooses to set aside one particular day to give God the glory and thanks, that's fine.
But I believe in order to be "obedient" to the spirit of the law, this should be everyday we have breath in us.

Hugs
Hugs to you as well Ziggy and I fully concur with your post.
Really good to hear from you and your thoughts.
Shalom to you and family
[hugs]
J.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I rest in Christ 24/7
Amen - and we should

Christ fulfilled the righteous requirements of the Law and then He nailed them to His Body on the Cross = "It is Finished"

And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us.
And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
Colossians 2:13-16

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hugs
The reason why there is a death penalty(still in effect today) upon breaking the Sabbath is because it is Christ.
You cannot work for salvation.
God's Sabbath Rest is not saturday and it is not sunday - It is Christ and Christ alone.

If we do not believe Gospel, which is the Bread of LIFE that came down from the Father = we have no Eternal Rest for our sin laden soul.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Amen - and we should

Christ fulfilled the righteous requirements of the Law and then He nailed them to His Body on the Cross = "It is Finished"

And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us.
And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
Colossians 2:13-16
Tetelestai!
Beautiful and powerful words from the lips of our Messiah, still reverberating in the hearts of the born from above saints in Christ.
Shalom
J.

Reactions: David in NJ

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! That's what ONE scripture says. Ignor the rest that add more. Erase the rest of the scriptures that say something additional is required. Goodbye, you don't know what you're talking about.
I cut a portion of the chapter to reiterate the point for the OP. And, as the reminder the full chapter insured the entire household described in the chapter were saved first by faith. Then they were baptized.
Though immersion is not a mandate.

The water that saves us is Jesus. He is living water. And, when here on earth Holy Spirit.
Saved by the water and the spirit.

You're incredibly angry. :(
The peace of Christ insures your rage doesn't impact me the way you hope.

It does insure you remain blind to the truth.

I hope it isn't goodbye unless or until Holy Spirit calls your name. If it be God's will and plan .

Reactions: Jim B

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No commandments required to be forgiven all sin.
Behold, teaching salvation with no commandments is ANTI - gospel.

If no commandments are required by God, then salvation is unconditional as John Calvin taught.

Behold, it is contradictory to Jesus' gospel and impossible to be saved with no commandments involved.

1John 3:23-24,
- And this is Jesus' commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another as He gave us  commandment.

Faith/Believing in Jesus is a commandment that we must obey to recieve Gods merciful gift of grace, His cleansing redeeming blood.

Behold, no one is saved without obeying Gods commandments.
The Faith that saves is the faith that obeys.

No commandments to be saved Behold is ANTI - gospel!
2Thessalonians 1:8,
-in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

If no commandments are required by God, then salvation is unconditional as John Calvin taught.

Behold, it is contradictory to Jesus' gospel and impossible to be saved with no commandments involved.

- And this is Jesus' commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another as He gave us  commandment.

Faith/Believing in Jesus is a commandment that we must obey to recieve Gods merciful gift of grace, His cleansing redeeming blood.

Correct.

Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

1Jn_2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1Jn_3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

1Jn_5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1Jn_5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

J.

Reactions: Titus

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7:4, "So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God".

If, as a Christian, you put yourself under the law you deny Christ and everything He died for.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No commandments to be saved Behold is ANTI - gospel!
2Thessalonians 1:8,
-in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ
Very good post.

Always keep in mind that the commandments are not the Law but that which we see and hear in the Gospel and Forward.

There are commandments that continue from Genesis and thru the Prophets unto JESUS and the New Covenant.