WHAT ALMOST ALL PREMILLENNIALISTS DO NOT NOTICE OR REFUSE TO SEE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus describes Satan here as the “strong man.” He depicts Himself as the One who enters the house the strong man and plunders his goods. But before this happens he must first be incapacitated.
Jesus is using the process of casting out a demon to make a point about those who stubbornly refuse to believe their own eyes. The analogy is between a stubborn demon that refuses to leave and a stubborn idea that refuses to be refuted by reason and facts. In this instance, the house represents the demon-possessed man, not the world at large. Your point concerning a universal defeat of Satan can't be supported with this text.

Besides, the point of Satan being bound is NOT that he is unable to command his demons to possess people. He is bound so that he can't deceive anyone. Since Satan is still able to deceive people, as witnessed by the current madness, then he is not bound.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is using the process of casting out a demon to make a point about those who stubbornly refuse to believe their own eyes. The analogy is between a stubborn demon that refuses to leave and a stubborn idea that refuses to be refuted by reason and facts. In this instance, the house represents the demon-possessed man, not the world at large. Your point concerning a universal defeat of Satan can't be supported with this text.

Besides, the point of Satan being bound is NOT that he is unable to command his demons to possess people. He is bound so that he can't deceive anyone. Since Satan is still able to deceive people, as witnessed by the current madness, then he is not bound.
My last post rebuts this. I refer you back.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isaiah 42:6-7 says, "I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house."

Does that mean all Gentiles will be enlightened? Of course not. It is a general statement like Revelation 20.

Isaiah 58:6-12 asks, “Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward. Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.”

Does that mean all Gentiles will be enlightened? Of course not. It is a general statement like Revelation 20.

Isaiah 60:1-3 says, “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.”

Isaiah 61:1 says, “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound.”

In Matthew 12 we see the religious Jews rejecting Christ. Matthew 12:14-22 records, “Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him. But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; And charged them that they should not make him known: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets. A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory. And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.”

Luke 2:27-32: “And he (Simeon) came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law, Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said, Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.”

Acts 13:46-48: “Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.”

Acts 26:17: "Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me."

Romans 15:8-12 records: "Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust."

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Paul the Apostle said to the Galatians believers in Galatians 3:7-9, “know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham (in Genesis 12:1-3, 17:5-6, 18:18, 22:15-18), saying, in thee shall all nations be blessed. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.”

Galatians 3:13-14 says, Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: that the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

Ephesians 2:11-13 confirms this, saying, “ye being in time past Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] in the flesh, who are called uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.”

Ephesians 3:5 "Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel"

1 John 2:8: the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.”

Does this mean there is no darkness now? Of course not! This is a generality, just like Revelation 20.

2 Peter 1:19 "We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts"

Does this mean there is no darkness now? Of course not! This is a generality, just like Revelation 20.

1 Peter 2:9-10: “ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.”

Revelation 20:2-3 reads: “And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the Gentiles [Gr. ethnos] no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.”

Does that mean all Gentiles will be enlightened? Of course not.

Scripture often makes general sweeping statements in regard to a people or peoples pertaining to their spiritual state in a given era.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20 is Scripture, and it clearly states they lived again. The rest of the dead did not live again.

The word "again" is used in contrast for those who lived again at the start of the Day of the Lord, with those who did not live again at the start of the Day of the Lord. Lazarus lived again, and that was near 2,000 years ago. That was a first resurrection. So the hour of the first resurrection already started back with Lazarus.
If this is to be understood as them coming to physical life AGAIN after they were martyred why do the following translations omit the word 'again'? There is no mention of the martyred saints coming to physical life again after death because none shall be resurrected to physical life AGAIN until the hour coming when the last trumpet sounds and time shall be no longer. John writes only that these martyred living souls before physical death "lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." John is showing us that physical death has no power over those who die in faith. After the physical body of faithful saints breathes its last, faithful saints shall continue to be living souls in heaven, a spiritual body of believers without physical form while in heaven.

Revelation 20:4 (ASV) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as worshipped not the beast, neither his image, and received not the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand; and they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:4 (Bish) And I sawe thrones, and they sate vpon them, and iudgement was geuen vnto them: and I sawe the soules of them that were beheaded for the witnesse of Iesus, and for the word of God, and whiche had not worshipped the beast neither his image, neither had taken his marke vpon their foreheads, or in their handes: and they lyued and raigned with Christe a thousand yeres.

Revelation 20:4 (DBY) And I saw thrones; and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them; and the souls of those beheaded on account of the testimony of Jesus, and on account of the word of God; and those who had not done homage to the beast nor to his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and hand; and they lived and reigned with the Christ a thousand years:

Revelation 20:4 (GB) And I sawe seates: & they sate vpon them, & iudgement was giuen vnto them, & I saw the soules of them that were beheaded for the witnes of Iesus, and for the word of God, & which did not worship the beast, neither his image, neither had taken his marke vpon their foreheads, or on their handes: and they liued, & reigned with Christ a thousand yeere.

Revelation 20:4 (KJ2000) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:4 (KJV16) And I saw thrones, and they sate vpon them, and iudgement was giuen vnto them: & I saw the soules of them that were beheaded for the witnesse of Iesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had receiued his marke vpon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they liued and reigned with Christ a thousand yeeres.

Revelation 20:4 (KJV) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:4 (Tyn) And I sawe seattes and they sat apon them and iudgement was geven vnto them: and I sawe the soules of them that were behedded for the witnes of Iesu and for the worde of God: which had not worshypped the best nether his ymage nether had taken his marke vpon their forheddes or on their hondes: and they lyved and raygned with Christ a .M. yere:

Revelation 20:4 (WEB) I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as didn't worship the beast nor his image, and didn't receive the mark on their forehead and on their hand. They lived, and reigned with Christ for the thousand years.

Revelation 20:4 (Wyc) And Y say seetis, and thei saten on hem, and doom was youun to hem. And the soulis of men biheedid for the witnessyng of Jhesu, and for the word of God, and hem that worschipiden not the beeste, nether the ymage of it, nethir token the carect of it in her forheedis, nethir in her hoondis. And thei lyueden, and regneden with Crist a thousynde yeeris.

Revelation 20:4 (YLT) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them, and the souls of those who have been beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus, and because of the word of God, and who did not bow before the beast, nor his image, and did not receive the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand, and they did live and reign with Christ the thousand years;

How had they lived and reigned with Christ in time symbolized a thousand years, since it cannot be with physical bodies of flesh? And then continue to have life after physical death? Just as in life believers are spiritually a physical body of saints on earth, since the life we receive through Christ is eternal/never ending life, after physical death we continue to live with Christ in heaven a spiritual body of believers there.

Lazarus was not a bodiless soul that came out of the tomb. Lazarus had a physical body that came out of the tomb, and it was not dead nor smelled like rotten flesh. It was permanent and incorruptible as in all first resurrections that are physical to eternal life. At the point Lazarus came out, it could be said the rest of the dead would not live again until the 3,000 years were over. Then we see at the Cross, the OT redeemed in Christ, were all released from Abraham's bosom. They all received the first resurrection, which was a physical body, just like Lazarus was given.

But Lazarus is now physically dead! If He had been resurrected immortal & incorruptible his flesh could never die. His resurrection to physical life was not immortal & incorruptible as it shall be when he and all faithful saints shall be in the hour coming when the last trumpet sounds and time shall be no longer. Through the physical resurrection of Lazarus back to mortal, corruptible body, Christ proves He has power over death. Though we shall all physically die in this this age, in the age to come when believers shall be physically resurrected in immortal and incorruptible bodies of flesh, physical death cannot defeat us, because death of our flesh means we shall be present with the Lord in heaven a spiritual body of believers there.

That "time no longer" means humans will no longer be born into death. That is the time that is up. No one will have to ever physically die of old age ever again. Revelation 10 does not say all the dead will rise again. Revelation 10 says the mystery will be finished. That being finished is the end for the time the mystery started in the Garden until it ends at the 7th Trumpet.

No, Rev 10 is very clear for those who receive it! Time shall be no longer tells us this age symbolized as a thousand years for building the spiritual Kingdom of God shall be finished, the mystery that Gentiles shall complete the Kingdom of God has been fulfilled. There shall no longer be more time for mankind to turn to Christ for ever lasting life. The only time still remaining is Satan's little season, which shall bring about the end of Satan and all who follow after him.

Davidpt

Dec 6, 2023
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. Of course, the Millennial Period is NOT the NHNE

If it isn't, it simply means, that though Christ has returned to the earth and that He and His saints are governing the entire planet, it is still not a place wherein dwelleth righteousness, which means it has to be the opposite then, a place wherein does not dwelleth righteousness, since you can't have both, it has to be one or the other. It does not seem reasonable to me, that after Christ returns that it would still not be a place wherein dwelleth righteous. Keeping in mind, unless Peter lied to us in 2 Peter 3, you can't have a place wherein dwelleth righteousness without also having a NHNE.

If Peter wakes up from the dead per the 2nd coming involving the first resurrection, which he indeed does, since he couldn't possibly not be among those that sleep in Christ, he still has to wait another thousand years before he finally gets to experience a place wherein dwelleth righteousness?

Reactions: Zao is life

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that's how Premillennialists derive their doctrine. They read the text and believe what it says.

You're not accepting what the text says! Why do you not believe what John has written when writing of the martyred saints he says, "they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years"? How could the thousand years be literally one thousand years since for these martyred saints a thousand years are past, but there are others who are not mentioned with the martyred for Christ called "blessed and holy" who have part in the first resurrection, and overcome the second death "but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years"? Explain how a thousand years can be literally one thousand years since it is both past for these martyred saints, but shall also be future for the blessed and holy saints of God who have part in the first resurrection who shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years?
No, John first indicates that they were beheaded. Then he mentions that they came back to life. .

I realize some translations write they came to life again. But that makes zero sense! Explain how that makes sense in light of the fact that none shall be physically alive again before the hour that is coming when the last trumpet sounds and time shall be no longer? The only way to make sense of what John is saying is as many translations have written, simply that "they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." See post #225 for several translations that have translated the verse without bringing a bias of Premillennialism into the text.

That's right. The first resurrection is in our future. The Father will raise all those in Christ at the command of Jesus Christ. 1Thessalonians 4:13-18

NO! The first resurrection is the resurrection life of Christ that man must partake of when he/she is born again before physical death to live forever. Paul isn't writing of the first resurrection here. He is writing of the one and only bodily resurrection of those who have died in Jesus. As the spiritual body of Christ they shall return with the Lord to give physical immortal & incorruptible life to our body of flesh that had physically died. Then believers that are still alive when Christ comes again will be caught in immortal & incorruptible bodies of flesh to meet the Lord in the air. Where we shall be with Christ until the fiery wrath of God that is coming upon all the earth shall be over.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (KJV) But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Right.

A = the rapture
B = general resurrection

A --->> Thousand year interval --->> B

Wrong!

When the seventh angel begins to sound this time symbolized a thousand years shall be no longer. There will NOT be another ONE thousand more years of time given this earth.

John doesn't mean to say that time no longer exists. He means that there will be no further delay. What is the "Mystery of God?" The mystery in view is the idea that the suffering servant and the triumphal servant would be located in the same person. At the sound of the Seventh Trumpet, Jesus puts down his robe of the suffering servant and takes up the mantle of the triumphal servant.

There is no difference in time being no longer and no more delay. When the mystery of God is finished the Kingdom of God is complete and because time will be no more there shall be no more delay.

Prove what you allege! Where can I find your opinion of the mystery of God? Scripture tells us the mystery that had been hidden in past ages is that Gentiles too shall have eternal life through Christ, the Messiah through the message of the Gospel. And that when the complete number of Gentiles has come into the Kingdom of God the mystery once hidden, but through Christ is now revealed unto the whole world is that Gentiles/nations will complete the Kingdom of God.

Romans 11:25 (KJV) For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Romans 16:25-26 (KJV) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Ephesians 3:1-7 (KJV) For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:8-9 (KJV) Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Colossians 1:26-27 (KJV) Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

1 Timothy 3:16 (KJV) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

I see two resurrections mentioned.

There is the first resurrection that is Christ's resurrection from death to life again because He is the resurrection and the life. And there shall be a bodily resurrection of ALL of the physically dead to resurrection life, or to condemnation.

The first resurrection is not symbolic but a literal raising from the dead of all those in Christ.

The first resurrection to life from the dead to die no more is the resurrection of Christ mankind MUST have part in before physical death to have everlasting life. No, it is not symbolic, the resurrection of Christ was literal, and believers have part in His resurrection life when we are born again through His Spirit within us. NONE shall be physically raised from the dead to die no more before the hour that is coming when the last trumpet sounds and time/delay shall be no longer.

Born again is not a resurrection; it is a rebirth.

EXACTLY! It is by being born again of the Spirit of Christ within that believers partake of the resurrection life of Christ.

Why would I do that?

Because you follow the doctrine of deception called Premillennialism. Your vision is on all that is physical, so you cannot understand that Christ has already come in His Kingdom that now in this age of time is not a physical Kingdom on this earth, nor shall it ever be. His Kingdom now is spiritual and only those who have been born again shall be able to know and enter into the spiritual Kingdom of God.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this is to be understood as them coming to physical life AGAIN after they were martyred why do the following translations omit the word 'again'? There is no mention of the martyred saints coming to physical life again after death because none shall be resurrected to physical life AGAIN until the hour coming when the last trumpet sounds and time shall be no longer. John writes only that these martyred living souls before physical death "lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." John is showing us that physical death has no power over those who die in faith. After the physical body of faithful saints breathes its last, faithful saints shall continue to be living souls in heaven, a spiritual body of believers without physical form while in heaven.

Revelation 20:4 (ASV) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as worshipped not the beast, neither his image, and received not the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand; and they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:4 (Bish) And I sawe thrones, and they sate vpon them, and iudgement was geuen vnto them: and I sawe the soules of them that were beheaded for the witnesse of Iesus, and for the word of God, and whiche had not worshipped the beast neither his image, neither had taken his marke vpon their foreheads, or in their handes: and they lyued and raigned with Christe a thousand yeres.

Revelation 20:4 (DBY) And I saw thrones; and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them; and the souls of those beheaded on account of the testimony of Jesus, and on account of the word of God; and those who had not done homage to the beast nor to his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and hand; and they lived and reigned with the Christ a thousand years:

Revelation 20:4 (GB) And I sawe seates: & they sate vpon them, & iudgement was giuen vnto them, & I saw the soules of them that were beheaded for the witnes of Iesus, and for the word of God, & which did not worship the beast, neither his image, neither had taken his marke vpon their foreheads, or on their handes: and they liued, & reigned with Christ a thousand yeere.

Revelation 20:4 (KJ2000) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:4 (KJV16) And I saw thrones, and they sate vpon them, and iudgement was giuen vnto them: & I saw the soules of them that were beheaded for the witnesse of Iesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had receiued his marke vpon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they liued and reigned with Christ a thousand yeeres.

Revelation 20:4 (Tyn) And I sawe seattes and they sat apon them and iudgement was geven vnto them: and I sawe the soules of them that were behedded for the witnes of Iesu and for the worde of God: which had not worshypped the best nether his ymage nether had taken his marke vpon their forheddes or on their hondes: and they lyved and raygned with Christ a .M. yere:

Revelation 20:4 (WEB) I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as didn't worship the beast nor his image, and didn't receive the mark on their forehead and on their hand. They lived, and reigned with Christ for the thousand years.

Revelation 20:4 (Wyc) And Y say seetis, and thei saten on hem, and doom was youun to hem. And the soulis of men biheedid for the witnessyng of Jhesu, and for the word of God, and hem that worschipiden not the beeste, nether the ymage of it, nethir token the carect of it in her forheedis, nethir in her hoondis. And thei lyueden, and regneden with Crist a thousynde yeeris.

Revelation 20:4 (YLT) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them, and the souls of those who have been beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus, and because of the word of God, and who did not bow before the beast, nor his image, and did not receive the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand, and they did live and reign with Christ the thousand years;

How had they lived and reigned with Christ in time symbolized a thousand years, since it cannot be with physical bodies of flesh? And then continue to have life after physical death? Just as in life believers are spiritually a physical body of saints on earth, since the life we receive through Christ is eternal/never ending life, after physical death we continue to live with Christ in heaven a spiritual body of believers there.

But Lazarus is now physically dead! If He had been resurrected immortal & incorruptible his flesh could never die. His resurrection to physical life was not immortal & incorruptible as it shall be when he and all faithful saints shall be in the hour coming when the last trumpet sounds and time shall be no longer. Through the physical resurrection of Lazarus back to mortal, corruptible body, Christ proves He has power over death. Though we shall all physically die in this this age, in the age to come when believers shall be physically resurrected in immortal and incorruptible bodies of flesh, physical death cannot defeat us, because death of our flesh means we shall be present with the Lord in heaven a spiritual body of believers there.
Then according to you no one lived after the thousand years either.

Why do you need the word "again"? If they are dead, what does it mean to live? Is living, just remaining dead?

Did Lazarus not live again either?

So if you physically die, you expect to be raised back into a corruptible dead body? That is what you think Lazarus and his sisters thought.

Lazarus is not physically dead. Lazarus is enjoying physical Paradise in an incorruptible permanent physical body. His soul dissolved the union with Adam's dead corruptible flesh when it entered Abraham's bosom. There is no going back to that body ever, and certainly not for Lazarus. Jesus showed every one that day, what a body looked like in Paradise. Looking at the chronological aspect, Lazarus would ascend with the rest of the OT redeemed within 2 or 3 weeks, on resurrection Sunday. Why would Lazarus be any different than those a few days later? The resurrection of Lazarus with a permanent incorruptible physical body was the last straw for the scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees that led to the Cross. There is no Scripture saying they all just hopped back into the grave and entered Abraham's bosom again. They were in Christ, the firstfruits according to Paul in 1 Corinthians 15. They ascended when Jesus ascended on Sunday morning and were presented to God as the firstfruits. That is the entire purpose of Jesus and redemption.

Ephesians 4:8-10, Paul explained what happened to Lazarus and those from Abraham's bosom:

"Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) "

No, Rev 10 is very clear for those who receive it! Time shall be no longer tells us this age symbolized as a thousand years for building the spiritual Kingdom of God shall be finished, the mystery that Gentiles shall complete the Kingdom of God has been fulfilled. There shall no longer be more time for mankind to turn to Christ for ever lasting life. The only time still remaining is Satan's little season, which shall bring about the end of Satan and all who follow after him.

Why do you have Satan's little season just after the Second Coming? I agree but that contradicts your whole thesis.

The Second Coming at the 6th Seal is the end of being able to choose Christ. The next event is the final harvest. No one has a choice. Jesus either redeems them or casts them into the LOF. That is Jesus' choice, not theirs. But those beheaded are after the final harvest.

The only escape from the mark of God's time stamp, that signifies time is over, is to chop one's head off.

Then those in Satan's little season of 42 months who are beheaded, are those who then live on earth in permanent incorruptible physical bodies for the Day of the Lord. They live on the earth with the sheep and the wheat of the final harvest. The church remains in Paradise for another thousand years or so.

Those beheaded were not beheaded in the time that is up, between the Cross and the Second Coming. Nor were they beheaded after the Second Coming during the final harvest. They were beheaded after the 7th Trumpet during those 42 months after time is over. Those 42 months are an extension so people can chop their heads off. Those who do not, will be given the mark and their names removed from the Lamb's book of life. No one is currently getting the mark, nor being beheaded, because time is not up until the Second Coming. Those two things go hand in hand after time is up.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The regeneration of the creation is linked in many places and many ways to the resurrection of the saints in Christ.
That resurrection has been ongoing directly into Paradise, since the Cross. Jesus told the thief, that he would enter Paradise, that day. One does not enter Paradise a naked soul, but clothed in God's permanent incorruptible physical body, per 2 Corinthians 5:1.

All those in Paradise will be physically coming with the physical Jesus at the 5th Seal. The 5th Seal is the church glorified in that meeting in the air. Glorified symbolized by the putting on of the robe of white. The church is told to then wait in Paradise until the final harvest is over. Then we see that they actually wait until the Day of the Lord is over and the New Jerusalem in the NH, replaces Paradise from current creation.

The earth is regenerated at the Second Coming when the 7th Trumpet stops sounding. That starts the Day of the Lord with a new heaven and earth per Isaiah 65. Not the NHNE per Revelation 21.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
How could the thousand years be literally one thousand years since for these martyred saints a thousand years are past
The text does not say "and they had lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years".

The necessary imaginary insertion into the text of the word had in order to make what you say above true, is another example (of many examples) of rwb's own illegitimate liberty with the text of scripture by inserting imaginary words that are not there in order to change the meaning in order to get the text to comply with your false doctrine.

You expose Amillennialism for what it is every time you do this, and you have done this over and over again with other texts also - such as changing the meaning of the Lord telling the Pharisees that no one can enter into a strong man's house unless he first bind the strong man into the imaginary words, "No one can cast a demon out of this house unless He first bind Satan in the whole world and make him unable to deceive the nations for a thousand years".

Now I have given only two examples of how you take your Amil religion and interpret scripture by it by twisting and bending scripture to comply with your false doctrine. There are many more examples in your posts.

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My last post rebuts this. I refer you back.
It doesn't. But okay. The fact that your points are only one post deep indicates that your posts are not your own. Do you copy and paste other people's work?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try to examine the text at hand and use common sense. According to common sense, what makes an individual to be a "particular" individual?" Particularity is defined according to three major categories: 1) A person's name, 2) where the person lives, 2) and when the person lives/lived.

Name; Location; Time

Examine Revelation 20:1-2 to find a particular individual.

Revelation 20:1-2 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;

The text above indicates a particular individual called Satan. It locates him in the Abyss and specifies the duration in that location as a thousand years.

Name: Dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan.
Time: One Thousand Years.

So, this is not a general statement as you suppose.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture often makes general sweeping statements in regard to a people or peoples pertaining to their spiritual state in a given era.
How is your conclusion related to the topic at hand?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The regeneration of the creation is linked in many places and many ways to the resurrection of the saints in Christ.
I agree. Timing is the question, though. The following passage is a prime example, supporting your statement. Here Paul links the regeneration of creation to the resurrection of the saints. He compares the suffering of this present age to the glory that will be revealed to us. Along with us, the creation itself hopes to be set free from its slavery to corruption.

Romans:8:18-25 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.

As we noted above, Paul compares this present age of suffering to the glory that is to be revealed to us. Let's diagram this concept below

Age of Suffering --->> Age of Glory

How does the Millennial age fit into this? I understand that the Millennial period is a time of transition known as The Day of the Lord, when Yahweh vindicates his holy name. This will be a time when God demonstrates his power over the heavens, the earth, and all so-called gods who blaspheme God's name, saying, "Yahweh is the God of Israel, and yet her people were taken into captivity." The purpose of the Millennial Period is to allow God one thousand years to prove himself to the nations. What does proof look like?

Proof that God is Holy:
a. Bring the Jewish people back to the land.
b. Restore his rule over the Jewish people through Jesus, the apostles, and the prophets.
c. Maintain his rule for at least a thousand years.
d. Teach his people great wisdom and knowledge in the manners of living a fulfilling life.
e. Create a situation whereby Israel can worship God in peace from her enemies.
f. Remove Satan, her accuser from the earth
g. Maintain the peace for over a thousand years.

Thus, we must change our diagram slightly.

Age of Suffering --->> God vindicates his name --->> Age of Glory

The saints experience regeneration first. Then God vindicates his name. Finally, God restores creation.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it isn't, it simply means, that though Christ has returned to the earth and that He and His saints are governing the entire planet, it is still not a place wherein dwelleth righteousness, which means it has to be the opposite then, a place wherein does not dwelleth righteousness, since you can't have both, it has to be one or the other.
The purification of the World takes place in stages. The prophets reveal that Jerusalem, which was once a place of righteousness, will be restored to righteousness again. From there, his righteousness will spread over the entire earth.

It does not seem reasonable to me, that after Christ returns that it would still not be a place wherein dwelleth righteous. Keeping in mind, unless Peter lied to us in 2 Peter 3, you can't have a place wherein dwelleth righteousness without also having a NHNE.
Yes, Peter is talking about the Day of the Lord, which is also known as the Millennial Period. Peter describes this as a thousand-year period inaugurated by Jesus Christ's second coming.

2 Peter 3:8-9 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Here, the simile serves Peter's teaching about how God might measure a "delay." We measure delay in terms of time, but we also tacitly think of "delay" in terms of obstacles to be avoided. What are the kinds of things in our everyday experience that might cause a delay? Heavy traffic, unforeseen circumstances, missed flights, heavy weather, children not ready for school, and things such as these cause delays in our schedule. Peter tells us that nothing can thwart God in his effort to keep a schedule and time is not a factor in his schedule. Events take place precisely when he wishes it.

It is interesting that Peter would choose to compare a day to a thousand years. Why not a hundred years? Why not a thousand generations? So how do we interpret a long period of time when nothing seems to be happening? According to Peter, God sets aside times of apparent inactivity to give mankind ample opportunity to repent. God doesn't wish that any should perish, but that all might come to faith and be saved.

Does Peter teach that the entire world will be destroyed?

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

It is interesting to note that although God destroyed everything on earth with water, the deluge didn't destroy the planet. Only living creatures were affected by the deluge.

In addition, Peter's meaning of "the elements" is much different that ours. We think of the periodic table of the elements, which catalogs the various types of atoms found in nature, such as hydrogen and oxygen. But in Peter's culture, the "elements" were the organized practices of society, religion, and government. If God were to set fire to the earth today, we would no longer have any roads, buildings, churches, congressional houses, hospitals, schools, residential neighborhoods, religious services or any other type of human organization.

Since Peter is speaking to his own kinsmen, I understand that Peter is speaking about fires that will come upon the land of Israel as specified by the prophets Malachi and Joel among others.

If Peter wakes up from the dead per the 2nd coming involving the first resurrection, which he indeed does, since he couldn't possibly not be among those that sleep in Christ, he still has to wait another thousand years before he finally gets to experience a place wherein dwelleth righteousness?
The purification of the World takes place in stages. Peter will rule one of the twelve tribes. The apostles will bring about righteousness wherever they rule.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not accepting what the text says! Why do you not believe what John has written when writing of the martyred saints he says, "they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years"? How could the thousand years be literally one thousand years since for these martyred saints a thousand years are past, but there are others who are not mentioned with the martyred for Christ called "blessed and holy" who have part in the first resurrection, and overcome the second death "but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years"? Explain how a thousand years can be literally one thousand years since it is both past for these martyred saints, but shall also be future for the blessed and holy saints of God who have part in the first resurrection who shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years?
First question: for these martyred saints a thousand years are past?
I know, right? Sometimes we get faked out by past tense verbs. In English, John says that the martyrs "lived" (past tense) and "reigned" (past tense) for a thousand years. But John is writing Greek and the verbs are actually "aorist" tense, indicating a future action that is certain to happen.

Because the apostles often spoke of future events as if they were already true using aorist tense verbs, this suggests that God's promises and predictions are fixed and definite, and will never fail to come true. That is, in order to express surety, they adopt the aorist tense. The apostles aren't saying that they DID happen (past tense); They are saying that the promises or predictions will never fail to happen (aorist tense.)

So John is not saying that the martyrs already lived and reigned with Christ (past tense); he is saying that none of them will fail to live and reign with Christ (aorist tense.) Their reign begins immediately after they are raised, which is certain to happen.

Second question: but shall also be future for the blessed and holy saints of God
I asserted that John employed aorist tense verbs when talking about martyrs who "lived and reigned" with Christ, in order to express his confident expectation that God's promises and predictions never fail. Raising them from the dead is inevitable because God never fails to keep his promises. Their resurrection is assured because the promise is solid.

John mentions others who were also under persecution who didn't die but suffered the same oppression and trials that all followers of Jesus and lovers of God experience from rebels. Paul expresses this duality in 1 Thessalonians 4 where he speaks of those "who have died in Christ" and those "who remain." Both groups will be caught up together to meet the Lord and forever be with him.

I realize some translations write they came to life again. But that makes zero sense! Explain how that makes sense in light of the fact that none shall be physically alive again before the hour that is coming when the last trumpet sounds and time shall be no longer? The only way to make sense of what John is saying is as many translations have written, simply that "they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." See post #225 for several translations that have translated the verse without bringing a bias of Premillennialism into the text.
I'm not certain I fully understand your objection. I don't see where the Bible says that "none shall be alive again before the hour that is coming when the last trumpet sounds . . ."
NO! The first resurrection is the resurrection life of Christ that man must partake of when he/she is born again before physical death to live forever.
Who taught you that? That is not a Biblical teaching.
We must not confuse concepts. The term "resurrection" always refers to rising from physical death. It NEVER refers to a spiritual state of being.

We understand the terms "first" and "second" from the immediate context. John is comparing those who were raised from the dead to live with Christ and serve him, with those who will be raised from the dead to be judged by Christ.
Wrong!

When the seventh angel begins to sound this time symbolized a thousand years shall be no longer. There will NOT be another ONE thousand more years of time given this earth.
Where do you read that? I don't see that said anywhere. In order to accept your view, one must believe that John was speaking symbolically when he wrote Revelation 20:4. One must also accept your proposal that Revelation chapters 10 and 20 deal with the same issue. But I have no evidence to support either one.

Revelation 20:4 contains no parts of speech or vocabulary associated with figurative language, which means that it is highly unlikely that John meant for his readers to understand the passage symbolically. Secondly, Revelation 10 says nothing about resurrection at all and John is not talking about the cessation of time. He is talking about reaching a goal.

Revelation 10:6-7 . . . and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things in it, and the earth and the things in it, and the sea and the things in it, that there will be delay no longer, but in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, then the mystery of God is finished, as He preached to His servants the prophets.

Our understanding of the phrase "time no longer" is informed by the phrase "the mystery of God is finished." Is John saying that history itself is finished? Surely he is not saying that time itself ceases to exist is he? No. John means to say that the "mystery of God" has played out. Everything that God wished to accomplish concerning "the mystery" has been completed.

Prove what you allege! Where can I find your opinion of the mystery of God? Scripture tells us the mystery that had been hidden in past ages is that Gentiles too shall have eternal life through Christ, the Messiah through the message of the Gospel.
You are partially correct. Paul explains the "mystery" in his epistle to the Ephesians. You are correct to point out one element of the mystery is that God has placed the Gentiles into the house of God through the message of the Gospel. That is one element. However, it was already possible for Gentiles to enter into the house of God, as Ruth did, by marriage or conversion to Judaism. The "mystery" is that both are united together in Christ by the cross of Christ. The idea that the Messiah would die for his people and for the Gentiles was a well-kept secret. The final element of the Mystery is the "stewardship" of the Holy Spirit and the Apostles to bring every believer who ever existed down through time -- past, present, and future -- all under Christ. Paul refers to all of us as "the pleroma" -- the fulness.

Revelation 10 pictures the messiah standing with one foot on the sea and another foot on the land. The "sea" represents the nations and the "land" represents the people of Israel. Symbolically, this represents the inauguration of Jesus as king over the pleroma (the fulness); both Jews and Gentiles all gathered together under his rule.

Some suggest this is currently the case, but John locates the completion of the pleroma at the Seventh Trumpet.

And that when the complete number of Gentiles has come into the Kingdom of God the mystery once hidden, but through Christ is now revealed unto the whole world is that Gentiles/nations will complete the Kingdom of God.
Paul is talking about the complete number of believers, both Jews and Gentiles, who have ever existed. He calls this group "the fulness:pleroma." The mystery is that the central unifying feature of this group is the Spirit and the Death, Burial, Resurrection, and Ascension of Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:8-14

EXACTLY! It is by being born again of the Spirit of Christ within that believers partake of the resurrection life of Christ.
No, being born again qualifies someone to be raised from the dead with the rest of the pleroma.
Because you follow the doctrine of deception called Premillennialism. Your vision is on all that is physical, so you cannot understand that Christ has already come in His Kingdom that now in this age of time is not a physical Kingdom on this earth, nor shall it ever be. His Kingdom now is spiritual and only those who have been born again shall be able to know and enter into the spiritual Kingdom of God.
I don't subscribe to the philosophical concept that the only things that are real are in our minds.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then according to you no one lived after the thousand years either.

Those who are resurrected from the graves and those who are of faith in Christ and still living when Christ comes again in an hour coming when the last trumpet sounds and time for this earth shall be no longer shall all have physical, immortal & incorruptible body of flesh to live forever with Christ on the new earth. Those who died in unbelief and those who are still alive but in unbelief when the last trumpet begins to sound will all be destroyed and will stand before God to give account according to what is written in the books and the book of life, then all who are in unbelief will be cast into the lake of fire that is the second death.
Why do you need the word "again"? If they are dead, what does it mean to live? Is living, just remaining dead?

They are not physically alive AGAIN! Because only their bodies physically died, while they as spiritual body NEVER died, but as John shows us they are living souls in heaven without physical form (beheaded). Man of faith doesn't need to be made to live AGAIN because they NEVER die even though their body returns to dust. The spirit of those having eternal life through Christ whose body returns to dust when it breathes its last returns to God in heaven a spiritual body to wait for the hour that shall come when the last trumpet begins to sound that time for this earth shall be no longer.

You're fixated on the physical so you appear not to understand that the physical body of mankind is not the man he/she is within. Our flesh is that which gives man life, because without physical form we are spirit that has not physical form and cannot be physically seen. God created mankind with physical body for physical life on the earth. When man's body ceases to have life, the life of the spirit within of all who die in Christ NEVER dies. Because Christ has given us His promise that whosoever lives and believes in Him SHALL NEVER DIE!

Lazarus is not physically dead. Lazarus is enjoying physical Paradise in an incorruptible permanent physical body.

Lazarus is not physical, but since Christ came and defeated death, he, like all who live and die in Christ is now with Christ in heaven a spiritual body of believers there. For to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord in heaven. Lazarus, in fact no man, shall have a physical, immortal and incorruptible body of flesh again before the hour coming when the last trumpet begins to sound and time (symbolized a thousand years) for this earth shall be no longer.

Ephesians 4:8-10, Paul explained what happened to Lazarus and those from Abraham's bosom:

"Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) "

Yes, all who died in faith before Christ came and defeated death by His cross and resurrection waited in that place of Old called Abraham's bosom. Before Christ ascended to heaven, He first descended into the place of Old of the faithful dead to set the captives free. Christ took them a spiritual body of believers to heaven to be with Him there. Paul, knowing he would still be a living soul as spiritual body after his physical death, longed to be rid of his mortal, corruptible body destined to die so he could be with his Lord in heaven.

2 Corinthians 5:6-8 (KJV) Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Philippians 1:20-24 (KJV)
According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

Why do you have Satan's little season just after the Second Coming? I agree but that contradicts your whole thesis.

Satan is given a little season AFTER the thousand years have expired. The thousand years symbolizes TIME given the churches on earth to build the spiritual Kingdom of God as the Gospel is proclaimed in the power of the Holy Spirit and people from throughout all the nations of the world, according to grace through faith enter into the spiritual Kingdom of God. When the Kingdom of God is complete and no more shall be saved, Satan is given this little season to gather together Gog & Magog to come against Christ and His body of believers. When the masses are gathered together the saints of Christ shall be caught up to meet the Lord in the air, and the fire of God's wrath shall be poured out upon this whole earth. The only purpose for Satan's little season is for him and all who follow after him to be finally, utterly, and completely destroyed. If you notice when Satan and his minions (Gog & Magog) gather together to fight against Christ and Christians after he is set free, there is no physical battle. Before Satan can wage a physical war to try to destroy what remains on earth of Christians, believers are caught up to Christ in the air and the fire of God destroys them all.