The Two Witnesses Will Appear in the Next New Moon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you are referring to by this statement. The field of textual criticism is such a vast topic you can't simply dismiss it all away by a single statement. It is much too complex for that.
It's actually the Greek New Testament that the KJV is based on that was manipulated. It is a fact that Erasmus, who compiled the available manuscripts of the time, who actually had to fill in some of the missing portions of Revelation because his manuscript sources were missing in those particular places.

"Without apology" and it seems with a completely closed mind to any further investigation. What if your entire view of KJVonlyism is wrong? What if it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt? But what if the opposite view is also wrong? What if the entire Western Christianity assumption of Greek primacy could be proven incorrect beyond a shadow of a doubt? And what if a truly accurate understanding of prophetic matters can not be properly interpreted and understood without a modified and corrected view of the manuscript history?

Western Christianity has been under one of the greatest unrealized deceptions for many centuries already.
It's not that I am unaware of the frailty of our human mind (spirit), but rather the extreme limitations of it, in comparison to "the mind (Spirit) of Christ, that is within all born again Christians". 1 Cor. 2:16.
The problem for most is, few are hardly aware of how to access the Lord's mind, and have severe mental road blocks in doing so.

One thing is for certain, our mind, of our own flesh, gets in the way constantly, of which is strictly geared for the purpose of being "the head" of the life of our physical bodies, but seeks to achieve greater things, beyond it's limitations and capabilties. The best that it shall accomplish for results is "human wisdom", of which ultimately to the Lord, is complete failure. 1 Cor. 2:5, Rom.8:9.

Therefore, the Lord's Mind within us, is continually at war with our own fleshly mind, attempting to subdue it. James 4:5, Rom. 8:4-8, specifically verse 7.

After my dilemma of studying eight translations, you will not see me chasing down that "rabbit hole" of thousands of biblical manuscripts.
"It's the KJV for me and thee".

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's not that I am unaware of the frailty of our human mind (spirit), but rather the extreme limitations of it, in comparison to "the mind (Spirit) of Christ, that is within all born again Christians". 1 Cor. 2:16.
The problem for most is, few are hardly aware of how to access the Lord's mind, and have severe mental road blocks in doing so.

One thing is for certain, our mind, of our own flesh, gets in the way constantly, of which is strictly geared for the purpose of being "the head" of the life of our physical bodies, but seeks to achieve greater things, beyond it's limitations and capabilties. The best that it shall accomplish for results is "human wisdom", of which ultimately to the Lord, is complete failure. 1 Cor. 2:5, Rom.8:9.

Therefore, the Lord's Mind within us, is continually at war with our own fleshly mind, attempting to subdue it. James 4:5, Rom. 8:4-8, specifically verse 7.

After my dilemma of studying eight translations, you will not see me chasing down that "rabbit hole" of thousands of biblical manuscripts.
"It's the KJV for me and thee".
And there we go. Evidence of an entirely closed mind. There is no need to continue any discussion.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there we go. Evidence of an entirely closed mind. There is no need to continue any discussion.
As I did say, our fleshly mind is specifically designed to take care of our bodies, as well as the things of the world. IT IS NOT equipped or able to discern the Mind of the Lord. That is why one MUST BE born again of His Holy Spirit (Mind). For when we are, only then can our fleshly mind be subdued by His Mind, that is,... when we LET HIM.

So then, Christians who have a subdued mind, to Christ's Mind within them, often appear to others as being "closed minded". And of course, they literally are, because their own mind HAS BEEN SUBDUED by Christ.

If one were to study all the Greek manuscripts in the world, it still is not enough to grant anyone an entrance into the KoG, that we might know Him.
It's like two different dimensions, of which may actually be the situation between man and God. Jesus did not come from this world, as we do.

In case you didn't know, it's NOT by the wisdom of men (crunching biblical words), but rather by the Spirit (Mind) of the LORD, that we are able to understand His thoughts and His ways. Isa. 55:8-9, all of 1 Cor. ch. 2.

1 Cor. 2
[5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power [Mind] of God.
Zech. 4:6

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As I did say, our fleshly mind is specifically designed to take care of our bodies, as well as the things of the world. IT IS NOT equipped or able to discern the Mind of the Lord. That is why one MUST BE born again of His Holy Spirit (Mind). For when we are, only then can our fleshly mind be subdued by His Mind, that is,... when we LET HIM.

So then, Christians who have a subdued mind, to Christ's Mind within them, often appear to others as being "closed minded". And of course, they literally are, because their own mind HAS BEEN SUBDUED by Christ.

If one were to study all the Greek manuscripts in the world, it still is not enough to grant anyone an entrance into the KoG, that we might know Him.
It's like two different dimensions, of which may actually be the situation between man and God. Jesus did not come from this world, as we do.

In case you didn't know, it's NOT by the wisdom of men (crunching biblical words), but rather by the Spirit (Mind) of the LORD, that we are able to understand His thoughts and His ways. Isa. 55:8-9, all of 1 Cor. ch. 2.

1 Cor. 2
[5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power [Mind] of God.
Zech. 4:6
churchianity gobbleydegook. All of that has absolutely NOTHING to do with what is being discussed. Makes you sound so puffed up, though. Was that your intention?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
churchianity gobbleydegook. All of that has absolutely NOTHING to do with what is being discussed. Makes you sound so puffed up, though. Was that your intention?
If what I said has no meaning to you or for you, then why pursue the discussion about which Greek text is the most accurate, unless you are only interested in the historical?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, don't change what has already been proven. The bible says a singular antichrist "shall come". No preacher or church invented that. It is scripture. He will be recognized by performing miracles to prove to people he is a god.
Yes, it is scripture, but their perception and discernment is through the mind of the "natural man", and not by the mind of Christ.

Yes, many have come to the Lord for the forgiveness of sins through His shed blood, but they don't go forward. They stay in that situation, some all their lives. Some even go off to Bible College to find a Career among the Clergy.

The problem? They neglect "to make their calling and their election SURE", WHICH IS TO INVITE the Lord Jesus and God the Father, who DWELLS within HIM, INTO THEIR VERY BEING. It's called being "born again". John 3:3-8, Rev. 3:20, Rom. 8:8-9, 1 John 5:12-13.

In brief, many do not have the Spirit of Christ, but rather have only "a form of godliness", aka "church-ianity".

Last edited:

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If what I said has no meaning to you or for you, then why pursue the discussion about which Greek text is the most accurate, unless you are only interested in the historical?
Nothing what you say is on topic. Nothing even makes sense. You keep digging yourself deeper and deeper.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing what you say is on topic. Nothing even makes sense. You keep digging yourself deeper and deeper.
The OP is about the two witnesses appearing in the next new moon.
In this thread, I have for detail provided my understanding of who the two witnesses WERE (edit: in post #308). So far, I have not heard anything from you of what your thoughts are about it.
Maybe I missed it. Do you have a post # that I can reference?

Last edited:

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The OP is about the two witnesses appearing in the next new moon.
In this thread, I have for detail provided my understanding of who the two witnesses WERE. So far, I have not heard anything from you of what your thoughts are about it.
Maybe I missed it. Do you have a post # that I can reference?
The whole point of this has been to show how there is no evidence of having an open mind. Until that happens, it's not worth discussing.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole point of this has been to show how there is no evidence of having an open mind. Until that happens, it's not worth discussing.
It appears that your thoughts are just a product of "circular reasoning", and all I'm doing is chasing you around in circles, attempting to locate a ricochet rabbit.

You vaguely talk about the Greek manuscripts and the numerous bibles translated into English, but you provide no references, except to comment in disdain against those who hold to the TR Greek manuscripts and the KJV specifically.

I agree. Until our discussion changes for the better, there is no point for it's continuance.
Thanks for listening.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It appears that your thoughts are just a product of "circular reasoning", and all I'm doing is chasing you around in circles, attempting to locate a ricochet rabbit.

You vaguely talk about the Greek manuscripts and the numerous bibles translated into English, but you provide no references, except to comment in disdain against those who hold to the TR Greek manuscripts and the KJV specifically.

I agree. Until our discussion changes for the better, there is no point for it's continuance.
Thanks for listening.
A typical slippery non-answer by someone of the KJVonly who doesn't even realize there is no such thing as TR Greek manuscripts. Have you even done any research into this topic?
This is another great debate - a very recent one. I am continually amazed at what little evidence the KJVonly people have to try and prove there position.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the Lord, I learned my lesson to stay with one Bible. For me to know the Lord, it's the KJV and nothing else.
A typical slippery non-answer by someone of the KJVonly who doesn't even realize there is no such thing as TR Greek manuscripts. Have you even done any research into this topic?
This is another great debate - a very recent one. I am continually amazed at what little evidence the KJVonly people have to try and prove there position.
Yout site of debate is a prime example of
what I have pointed to: 1 Cor. 2:5. The wisdom of men is about "word crunching", expecting that our human "words" that the Lord uses, are to be precise and exact in meaning, according to OUR mind of the "natural man".
The Strongs Concordance (and others) do reveal, that there are numerous nuances of human word meanings to choose from.
God's thoughts are not our thoughts, especially if His Holy Spirit is not within us.

However, having said that, one should NEVER neglect the Mind of Christ within us, who has HIS OWN meaning, through HIS use of OUR own words of language. (Isa. 55:8-9). That is exactly what Zech. 4:6 is saying and meaning:
"...NOT by might (extreme internal human fortitude of study),
NOT by power (external religious persuasion),
but [rather] by MY Spirit, saith the LORD of hosts."
So says Paul, the very same thing: 1 Cor. 2[13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but [that] which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

If what I have just described is all foreign to you, then you might want to re-read KJV Rev. 3:20 and compare that to John 3:3-8 and John 14:23.

Thanks for allowing and sharing the view of that debate. Unfortunately, there was nothing of the LSB to convince me TO LEAVE the KJV.
In the verses presented, I already well understood the Lord's meaning of His Mind about them, and therefore a need for correction, did nothing for me.

Last edited:

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
With the Lord, I learned my lesson to stay with one Bible. For me to know the Lord, it's the KJV and nothing else.

Yout site of debate is a prime example of
what I have pointed to: 1 Cor. 2:5. The wisdom of men is about "word crunching", expecting that our human "words" that the Lord uses, are to be precise and exact in meaning, according to OUR mind of the "natural man".
The Strongs Concordance (and others) do reveal, that there are numerous nuances of human word meanings to choose from.
God's thoughts are not our thoughts, especially if His Holy Spirit is not within us.

However, having said that, one should NEVER neglect the Mind of Christ within us, who has HIS OWN meaning, through HIS use of OUR own words of language. (Isa. 55:8-9). That is exactly what Zech. 4:6 is saying and meaning:
"...NOT by might (extreme internal human fortitude of study),
NOT by power (external religious persuasion),
but [rather] by MY Spirit, saith the LORD of hosts."
So says Paul, the very same thing: 1 Cor. 2[13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but [that] which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

If what I have just described is all foreign to you, then you might want to re-read KJV Rev. 3:20 and compare that to John 3:3-8 and John 14:23.

Thanks for allowing and sharing the view of that debate. Unfortunately, there was nothing of the LSB to convince me TO LEAVE the KJV.
In the verses presented, I already well understood the Lord's meaning of His Mind about them, and therefore a need for correction, did nothing for me.
And again the twisting goes on. Who said anything about leaving the KJV. Totally irrelevant and not even the point. And didn't even address the elephant in the room that there is NO such thing as Greek Textus Receptus manuscriptS - with an 's'. That the irrefutable FACT of history is that there was no such thing as the Textus Receptus before the end of the 1800s.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And again the twisting goes on. Who said anything about leaving the KJV. Totally irrelevant and not even the point. And didn't even address the elephant in the room that there is NO such thing as Greek Textus Receptus manuscriptS - with an 's'.
I may have missed a letter "s", but you are missing the phrase: "Our faith should not stand in the wisdom of men...."

I don't strain at a gnat, but then swallow a camel.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's hard to determine anything you believe. It's all gobbledegook and verbal diarhea.
Come to think of it, for a person who is so myopic over "jots and tittles" of grammar and specific words, you haven't referenced or quoted any scripture to me from the LSB, but from the KJV, I have done so for you.

The "wisdom of men" operate by "textual criticism".
Born again Christians operate by the "power" of the Holy Spirit of God.

As Paul said in 1 Cor. 2:12-14 we get our teaching from the Lord's Holy Spirit (the mind of Christ within us), no matter what Bible we favour and cling to.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Come to think of it, for a person who is so myopic over "jots and tittles" of grammar and specific words, you haven't referenced or quoted any scripture to me from the LSB, but from the KJV, I have done so for you.

The "wisdom of men" operate by "textual criticism".
Born again Christians operate by the "power" of the Holy Spirit of God.

As Paul said in 1 Cor. 2:12-14 we get our teaching from the Lord's Holy Spirit (the mind of Christ within us), no matter what Bible we favour and cling to.
You continue to hurl insults and misrepresentations. You won't even answer simple and direct questions. Just pointless drivel meant to sound pompous and puffed up. I don't care for that type of behaviour. It becomes ever more clear how useless it is to engage someone like this.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You continue to hurl insults and misrepresentations. You won't even answer simple and direct questions. Just pointless drivel meant to sound pompous and puffed up. I don't care for that type of behaviour. It becomes ever more clear how useless it is to engage someone like this.
There are no insults from me.
But, if all I hear in your words is "the wisdom of men", then I am perceiving that you are a "religionist", "holding to a form of godliness, but having denied its power. Keep away from such men as these." 2 Tim. 3:5

Personally, we don't know each other at all.
As a born again Christian, I am to beware of people who appear to be Christians. Therefore, I shall respond with scripture to try/test the spirits.
"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1

If you read that being "myopic" is an insult, then try looking at what your words focus on. They lack scripture.
To me, all you seem to want to do is dinegrate the KJV and move the LSB in it's place.
I don't care for that type of behavior.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so now that we all know who believes what about the antichrist and bible versions among the various other items. Did we figure out who the two witnesses are?
Enoch and Elijah;
The Bible says...it is appointed unto man once to die.
Neither have died a physical death.......i am inclined to conclude.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Textus Receptus (Latin: "received text") refers to the succession of printed editions of the Greek New Testament from Erasmus's Novum Instrumentum omne (1516) to the 1633 Elzevir edition.[1]

The text originated with the first printed Greek New Testament, published in 1516, a work undertaken in Basel by the Dutch Catholic scholar, priest and monk Desiderius Erasmus.
In actual fact, the Textus Receptus as is UNDERSTOOD by KJVonlys was only in existence in actual fact at the end of the 1800's. Scrivener published a Greek text after backtranslating the 1611 KJV so that all the decisions made by the translators existed in Greek. Before that, there was no Greek text that reflected the actual english result that was the KJV.

What destroys the KJVonly foundation is the FACT that the 1611 KJV was a result of multiple Greek printed editions, existing English translations and the Latin Vulgate. It was a product itself of textual criticism and NOT based on a single text called the Textus Receptus.