The Unity Thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh , don't get me wrong...this IS one of the best Sites...lots of good people and lots of threads to choose from...enough that we can skip the negative threads..which I mostly do.

Probably T2O is one that you were thinking about on the negative side?
That is far to 'hot' for me to handle...I deregistered long, long ago. :)
Yes that is one of them. I deregistered from there too years ago. There is another one though that I'll probably be deregistering from soon. Maybe I should have already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes T2O is one of them. I deregistered from there too years ago. There is another one though that I'll probably be deregistering from soon. Maybe I should have already.

We haven't seen you on Sit2 for ages...;)

Reactions: truthquest

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh it's gone now..the old guy who was the main Admin pulled the plug on it.
I agree it wasn't "perfect" and I agree we will always get people join who LOVE rude , agro arguments....and join sites just for that reason.
My brother picked it up and dusted it off, but now there are only 6 or seven.
The good old site was a Creataforum , but they crashed...so it was switched to Proboards....peronally I hate navigating proboards.
Plus now it's turned into "what I did in my garden this weekend" and friendly chatter.....like facebook with the occasional scripture discussions between my brother and my hubby.
That is why I am here. :)
Both Butterfly and Amadeus still post on there from time to time.
In it hey-day mjrhealth , Twinc and Pia were on there too.
I still maintain that peaceful discussions do not kill a Site...I can disagree quite strongly with someone ( hubby case in point) ..yet maintain a wholesome atmosphere. I am much more likely to leave a Site when the atmosphere is aggressive and heated.
I guess we are all different , different strokes etc...eh.

My experience on messageboards has taught me that most people do not enjoy talking about doctrine nicely - they either get bored or feel like not bothering because everyone is likeminded - as if doctrine can only serve one purpose ‘to convince another person’

Speculation, curiousity, consideration, uncovering truth together, and personal insight are all fighting words! So nice boards do talk about gardening and a few verses that make them happy while gardening.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We haven't seen you on Sit2 for ages...;)
Can you refresh my memory what Sit2 stands for? Sorry my memory isn't so good sometimes. I'm sure I should know what that means.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can you refresh my memory what Sit2 stands for? Sorry my memory isn't so good sometimes. I'm sure I should know what that means.

Mikes ( last) site, he dumped it and James dusted it off and picked it up. Mike is still on though. Kerry, and the handful... :)
I'll PM it to you.., I'm not sure of the rules here for open posting.... x

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mikes ( last) site, he dumped it and James dusted it off and picked it up. Mike is still on though. Kerry, and the handful... :)
I'll PM it to you.., I'm not sure of the rules here for open posting.... x
I think I know which one you're referring to. I just couldn't remember the name of it.
So much has been going on with me for the last five years or so. It's really been a roller coaster.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh , don't get me wrong...this IS one of the best Sites...lots of good people and lots of threads to choose from...enough that we can skip the negative threads..which I mostly do.

Probably T2O is one that you were thinking about on the negative side?
That is far to 'hot' for me to handle...I deregistered long, long ago. :)
I have never deregistered from any of those old forums. Some, of course, died out from under me. Your mention of T2O caused me to go there just now for a quick visit. It seemed pretty quiet, but our old friend CC is again online regularly. I read his latest posts for this month and he was very mild and Christ-like, at least on the surface. Ped is also still in the running and the administrator seems to have renewed in interest in the forum. It would hardly call anything I saw 'hot'.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have never deregistered from any of those old forums. Some, of course, died out from under me. Your mention of T2O caused me to go there just now for a quick visit. It seemed pretty quiet, but our old friend CC is again online regularly. I read his latest posts for this month and he was very mild and Christ-like, at least on the surface. Ped is also still in the running and the administrator seems to have renewed in interest in the forum. It would hardly call anything I saw 'hot'.

Well , times change..." times and seasons" eh!
Many sites died for me with 'older age'..by forgetting my password or my user name. :D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well , times change..." times and seasons" eh!
Many sites died for me with 'older age'..by forgetting my password or my user name. :D
I made up a little access chart a number of years ago in my computer with the names of the forums and the passwords used. I print a copy for my own use. I update it once in a while as needed. Without it when the computer dies or something goes haywire I have something on which to rely other than my memory to find that which is lost.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus The last time I was at the bank I even forgot my Bank PIN number for as moment..but even that "moment" bothered me. :eek:
But we are told not to write those kind of things down..so I don't.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus The last time I was at the bank I even forgot my Bank PIN number for as moment..but even that "moment" bothered me. :eek:
But we are told not to write those kind of things down..so I don't.
I hear you. When I was still working we were on the computer daily. Once a month we had to change our PIN and it could not even resemble the PINS for previous two months. I developed a little pocket chart of about 6 different PINs that I used in rotation over a six month period. I had to hide it carefully. If you forgot your password a lot of special security procedures were necessary to get you into the system sgsin and your supervisor would be a very unhappy camper.

For our bank PINs my wife and I have a special combination we use of parts of our birthdays. Fortunately we memorized those years ago before our memories became so unreliable.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus, you and I are asking for unity (John 17:21). How do we get there?

Mary

Well.........we won't, that's why it always makes me chuckle when someone claims that there is really this thing called the "body of Christ"
default_rolleyes.gif
. If such unity exists at all, it doesn't exist to the extent God intended, like it was in its inception. As long as Satan is allowed to go on about his business in creating division, there will never be true "unity" to any meaningful degree. To entertain such notions is a sick joke to me.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel like my girl friend , whom I have know since we were 4 and 5 years of age... is my sister !

We lived one house apart , till we got married....... we stood up to each others wedding !

And now we are 81 and 82........ and we do not see each other any more. But we write letters.... she has no computer any more.
Well,

I asked her if she was saved, since I was the one who brought her to my church, she was not going to any .

That was the Catholic church then..... and I told her to bring some money. She did, and as we walked in , back then 1951? The church had
statues of angles holding the holy water you blessed your self with and she put her money in that, I backed her up and told her no.
and took it out.... So after that we went to church together as a lot of other things.

But when our children were older they started to go to other church's, and got us to go and then we became saved... My family !
my husband and I and our 3 children.

Just the last year or two, it hit me that my girl friend was still going [catholic church ] and I asked her if she was saved ! She said yes, and I asked her how ? and it was not good...... so I sent a track from our church she did not mention any thing about it.

Any way I asked her again to explain and now it sounds to me that she is........ What relief that is.

Reactions: forrestcupp

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well.........we won't, that's why it always makes me chuckle when someone claims that there is really this thing called the "body of Christ"
default_rolleyes.gif
?
If such unity exists at all, it doesn't exist to the extent God intended, like it was in its inception.
the Body is alive and well, we are currently arriving at unity over "me too," and several other concepts
As long as Satan is allowed to go on about his business in creating division, there will never be true "unity" to any meaningful degree.
you might contrast this with "Pharaoh was already a scumbag" etc, to discover where satan really is i guess
To entertain such notions is a sick joke to me.
leaving the world is not an easy thing to do, ya. We want to have a foot in both "worlds," and this cannot be done

Last edited:
Reactions: aspen and Helen
B

Butterfly

Yes, most likely you do. :)

Give me a clue - I keep trying to think of past members but I have problems remembering what I did last week , let alone who use to interact on the forums- especially as the forums kept changing.
Rita

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
?
the Body is alive and well, we are currently arriving at unity over "me too," and several other concepts
you might contrast this with "Pharaoh was already a scumbag" etc, to discover where satan really is i guess

leaving the world is not an easy thing to do, ya. We want to have a foot in both "worlds," and this cannot be done

Yes....the Body of Christ is a reality

And

Just like the Jewish people, who thought their Messiah should be a conquering hero.....we mistake doctrinal agreement as the path to unity rather than love.

Doctrinalism is tribal.......love is universal

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Give me a clue - I keep trying to think of past members but I have problems remembering what I did last week , let alone who use to interact on the forums- especially as the forums kept changing.
Rita

Cathey.. :)
she was on Nancy's, also on Kerry's as Heartsong. Other names too, but I forget them all. It;s all I can do to remember my own. :D
Remember she went though some heavy stuff health-wise....so she was off the grid for a bit...

Sorry Cathey, speaking for you!!