1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Upward Path

Discussion in 'Christian Devotions and Inspiration' started by "ByGrace", Dec 31, 2017.

1. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Our walk of faith is to grasp that which seems impossible. Being willing to looks like fools for Christ’s sake in the eyes of the world. 1 Cor 4:10
    Placing one foot firmly on the Immovable Rock , and on the solid word of God.

“ For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus , has made me free from the law of sin and death ..for what the law could not do, through the weakness of the flesh, God “..did..
    Romans 8

pia likes this.
  2. "ByGrace"

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    I don't believe that we have really begun to understand the marvellous power there is in being still. We are in such a hurry ~ we must always be doing...so much so that we are in danger of not giving God a chance to work.
    We may depend upon it, God says to us, "Stand still," or "Sit still," or "Be still," when He is getting ready to do something.
    This is our trouble regard to our Christian life; we want to "do something" to be a better Christian when we need to let Him work in us.

We know how still we have to be when your photo is being taken.
    Now God has one eternal purpose concerning us, and that is that we should be like His Son; and in order that this can be so, we must be passive and quiet in His hand.
    We hear so much about activity, may be we need to know what it is to be still.
    .........~ ~ Crumbs ~ ~

Pisteuo and pia like this.
  3. "ByGrace"

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    "We don't fight for our victory, we fight from our victory!! "

pia likes this.
  4. "ByGrace"

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    ~ Grace is the key to holiness. That is why it is so important for every child of God to become established in His perfect love and anchored in His unconditional grace toward them.
    Grace imparts to us the power to perform and to live a life above defeat.~

pia likes this.
  5. pia

pia Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Amen to that ! :)

6. "ByGrace"

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    ~ By Albert Finch ~

Humanity without Christ at the center is satanic in nature. When you've been given the Spirit of God, you lose the privilege of claiming, "I'm only human." Paul rebukes the church at Corinth for behaving like mere men (1 Corinthians 3:3).
    The gate of hell is in our minds any time we agree with a man-centered perspective or natural wisdom that does not know God. We empower demonic forces and become a gate to release his power to kill, steal, and destroy our lives.

================
    Very well put.

7. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin; .... The contest has been maintained but feebly, for no blood has flowed in their struggle with temptation and sin; they have not deserted the arena, but have shrunk from the suffering which a determined struggle would have caused.

"ByGrace" likes this.
  8. "ByGrace"

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Good one! And true...a way to go yet!!

9. "ByGrace"

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    No chance hath brought this ill to me;
    'Tis God's own hand, so let it be,
    He seeth what I cannot see.
    There is a need-be for each pain,
    And He one day will make it plain
    That earthly loss is heavenly gain.
    Like as a piece of tapestry
    Viewed from the back appears to be
    Naught but threads tangled hopelessly;
    But in the front a picture fair
    Rewards the worker for his care,
    Proving his skill and patience rare.
    Thou art the Workman, I the frame.
    Lord, for the glory of Thy Name,

Perfect Thine image on the same.
    . ~ Anon ~ .

pia and bbyrd009 like this.
  10. "ByGrace"

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    He has kept us safe up to now.
    So we will hold His loving hand tightly, and He will lead us safely through all things. And when we cannot stand, He will carry us in His arms.

We do not look ahead to what may happen tomorrow. The same everlasting Father who cares for us today will take care of us tomorrow and every day.

Either He will shield us from suffering or He will give us His unwavering strength that we may bear it.
    Be at peace, then, and set aside all anxious thoughts and worries.

. . . . ~ . Francis de Sales . ~ . . . .

11. truthquest

truthquest Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Lamentations 3:21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. 22 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning: great is your faithfulness.

"ByGrace" likes this.
  12. "ByGrace"

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Did you know that the words we speak to ourselves..the thoughts we dwell on, receive, and personalize affect who we are?
    Everything we do flows from them. That’s why it’s so important for us to guard our hearts from allowing any junk to enter.

Be diligent to guard our hearts today. And, as we do, centre our thoughts on God. As a result, our love for Him will become a part of all we do, say, think, and perceive!

amadeus and Pisteuo like this.
  13. "ByGrace"

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    • John did no miracle, but Jesus said that among those born of women there had not appeared a greater than he.

John’s main business was to bear witness to the Light, and this may be yours and mine. John was content to be only a voice, if men would think of Christ.

Be willing to be only a voice, heard but not seen; a mirror whose surface is lost to view, because it reflects the dazzling glory of the sun; a breeze that springs up just before daylight, and says, “The dawn! the dawn!” and then dies away.

We are doing more good than we know, sowing seeds, starting streamlets, giving men true thoughts of Christ, to which they will refer one day as the first things that started them thinking of Him; and, of my part, I shall be satisfied if no great mausoleum is raised over my grave, but that simple souls shall gather there when I am gone, and say,

“He was a good man; he wrought no miracles, but he spake words about Christ, which led me to know Him for myself.”

• ..................... ~ George Matheson ~ ...............

amadeus, bbyrd009 and Pisteuo like this.
  14. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    nice :)
    we say John did no miracles, but we revile Colin K for taking a knee lol
    not realizing that John's statement was way more seditious