The Upward Path

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Launch out into the deep Luke 5:4.

How deep He does not say. The depth into which we launch will depend upon how perfectly we have given up the shore, and the greatness of our need, and the apprehension of our possibilities. The fish were to be found in the deep, not in the shallow water.

So with us; our needs are to be met in the deep things of God. We are to launch out into the deep of God's Word, which the Spirit can open up to us in such crystal fathomless meaning that the same words we have accepted in times past will have an ocean meaning in them, which renders their first meaning to us very shallow.

Into the deep of the Atonement, until Christ's precious blood is so illuminated by the Spirit that it becomes an omnipotent balm, and food and medicine for the soul and body.

Into the deep of the Father's will, until we apprehend it in its infinite minuteness and goodness, and its far-sweeping provision and care for us.

Into the deep of God's purposes and coming kingdom, until the Lord's coming and His millennial reign are opened up to us; and beyond these the bright entrancing ages on ages unfold themselves, until the mental eye is dazed with light, and the heart flutters with inexpressible anticipations of its joy with Jesus and the glory to be revealed.

Into all these things, Jesus bids us launch. He made us and He made the deep, and to its fathomless depths He has fitted our longings and capabilities.
~ . Soul Food . ~
Let us all dive deep!! Nice share ♥

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks you... @Stranger loved it...great verses.

24 "These see the works of the Lord, and his wonders in the deep.
25 For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.
26 They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble.
27 They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wit's end.
28 Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses.
29 He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.
30 Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven.
31 Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! "

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God has a “to do” list concerning us, so we can just trust Him to do it.
“The Lord will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O Lord is everlasting" Psalm 138:8.

Lord, thank You for caring about the details of our lives.
Help us to lay down the pen and trust You to write our stories!

Ps 73. 26 "My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all Thy works."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
< Childish faith, then, isn't really worship of God at all, as it turns out. It's worship of some material payoff that God is supposed to make. And when God doesn't pay off, he's dropped as the provider of what we really worship. God is just a means to this material end, the material end being our real god. A childish faith knows exactly how God is supposed to act. It will tell us for instance that "God tempers the wind to the shorn lamb." But this naïve thought is from a sentimental eighteenth-century English novel, 40 not from the Bible. The Bible is a supremely realistic book. It knows that this is very often not the way things work out.

Childlike faith, on the other hand, actually trusts in God and not in those things we want God to give us. It is childlike precisely because of this element of simple trust that goes beyond material payoffs and appearances. And, rather than being turned away from God by evil, childlike faith is turned to God by evil. Childlike faith says, "I've got to trust in God. Everything else has either failed me or is in the process of failing me. God is the only hope I have." But this childlike hope, this "faith no bigger even than a mustard seed" (Matt. 17:20, NEB ), finally is infinitely more satisfying to the human heart than all of the so-called "good things" we can accumulate in a life without hope in God. >

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks you... @Stranger loved it...great verses.

24 "These see the works of the Lord, and his wonders in the deep.
25 For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.
26 They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble.
27 They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wit's end.
28 Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses.
29 He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.
30 Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven.
31 Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! "
What a cool analogy with crashing waves being in distress and God calming the waters. Great to meditate on when anxious!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God. - O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land where no water is; to see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. - The Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. - Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. - My blood is drink indeed.

Eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly, O beloved.

JOHN 7:37. Psa. 84:2. -Psa. 63:1,2. Isa. 55:1. -Rev. 22:17. -John 4:14. John 6:55. Song 5:1.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
" Martin Luther, when he walked in the woods, used to raise his hat to the birds and say, ‘Good morning, theologians—you wake up and sing, but I, old fool, know less than you and I worry over everything, instead of just simply trusting in the heavenly Father’s care.”

― Richard Wurmbrand.

“I found that joy can be acquired like a habit, in the same way as a folded sheet of paper falls naturally into the same fold.”

― Richard Wurmbrand,

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
" Martin Luther, when he walked in the woods, used to raise his hat to the birds and say, ‘Good morning, theologians—you wake up and sing, but I, old fool, know less than you and I worry over everything, instead of just simply trusting in the heavenly Father’s care.”

― Richard Wurmbrand.

“I found that joy can be acquired like a habit, in the same way as a folded sheet of paper falls naturally into the same fold.”

― Richard Wurmbrand,
That quote is something I have experienced and thought the same exact thing. When I take my dogs to the park...and this was the beginning of my walk-once we got to the park, the dogs would become very animated and, well, joyful! I noticed how they always looked up when first getting there. Then I notices the birds and squirrels and then all of His glorious creation. What hit me most is that animals AND trees, plants...seem to naturally somehow know and love our Creator. Yes, these are thoughts that flit through my mind, not anything from Scripture that I can find except where "all creation cries out..." Either way, it immediately brings me into a praise/worship and prayers of thanksgiving mindset. It is very up lifting.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen...that reminds me of Ps 148

"Beasts, and all cattle; creeping things, and flying fowl......
Let them praise the name of the Lord: for His name alone is excellent; His glory is above the earth and heaven.
He also exalteth the horn of His people, the praise of all His saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him.
Praise ye the Lord.
"

And if we don't praise Him...even the stone will cry out!! :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen...that reminds me of Ps 148

"Beasts, and all cattle; creeping things, and flying fowl......
Let them praise the name of the Lord: for His name alone is excellent; His glory is above the earth and heaven.
He also exalteth the horn of His people, the praise of all His saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him.
Praise ye the Lord.
"

And if we don't praise Him...even the stone will cry out!! :)
AMEN!!! Those were the Scripts. I was thinking about, thank you Helen ♥

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Watchman Nee was asked what effect the deeper work of the cross has on a brother in Christ. What did a broken man in Christ look like?

In response brother Nee took a cookie from the table and broke it in half. Then, he pushed the pieces back together...saying...this cookie, like such a brother, will never be the same.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
.............. ~ Love’s Goal ~

All that love is, God is, for God is love. As the negative side of love is unselfish - seeketh not her own - so her positive side is concern for others, a deep, ardent, all consuming concern: dauntless, self-sacrificing, invincible. “Love never faileth.” Such is the divine essence and this it is that is imparted to the creature.

There can be no self-complacency with God, neither could He provide a self-satisfied salvation. Divine joy is in the fullness of love, and love is all-embracing. To speak of a happy shepherd with an incomplete flock, or even of a happy flock with comrades missing, would be to malign both sheep and shepherd.

Heaven’s joys will be full only when sin’s sorrow cease. “Tis of mine” will be the yearning cry of the Good Shepherd spirit in the bosom of both saint and Saviour until the last of all the lost has been gathered home. Love cannot omit; His soul travail was for all. Neither can love abandon or forget. His purpose, as His promise, is “until He find it”. Thus it is that He is yet to “see of the travail of His soul and be satisfied.” And surely we too shall be satisfied when conformed to this likeness. Oh, the fullness of heaven’s joy when sin’s sorrows shall have ceased!

........ ~ D. Buchanan ~

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.............. ~ Love’s Goal ~

All that love is, God is, for God is love. As the negative side of love is unselfish - seeketh not her own - so her positive side is concern for others, a deep, ardent, all consuming concern: dauntless, self-sacrificing, invincible. “Love never faileth.” Such is the divine essence and this it is that is imparted to the creature.

There can be no self-complacency with God, neither could He provide a self-satisfied salvation. Divine joy is in the fullness of love, and love is all-embracing. To speak of a happy shepherd with an incomplete flock, or even of a happy flock with comrades missing, would be to malign both sheep and shepherd.

Heaven’s joys will be full only when sin’s sorrow cease. “Tis of mine” will be the yearning cry of the Good Shepherd spirit in the bosom of both saint and Saviour until the last of all the lost has been gathered home. Love cannot omit; His soul travail was for all. Neither can love abandon or forget. His purpose, as His promise, is “until He find it”. Thus it is that He is yet to “see of the travail of His soul and be satisfied.” And surely we too shall be satisfied when conformed to this likeness. Oh, the fullness of heaven’s joy when sin’s sorrows shall have ceased!

........ ~ D. Buchanan ~
Sacrificial Love...ah, and there is never a shortage of those who need this ♥

Reactions: Helen