The Upward Path

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
-~ . Rev. Henry W. Frost . ~ -

Nothing so pleases God in connection with our prayer as our praise, and nothing so blesses the man who prays as the praise which he offers.
I got a great blessing once in China in this connection. I had received bad and sad news from home, and deep shadows had covered my soul. I prayed, but the darkness did not vanish. I summoned myself to endure, but the darkness only deepened.
Just then I went to an inland station and saw on the wall of the mission home these words:- "Try Thanksgiving."
I did, and in a moment every shadow was gone, not to return.
Yes, the Psalmist was right, "It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“Behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it.” Rev. 3:8

“Behold, a door was opened in heaven; and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither.” Rev. 4:1

In the many cycles of God’s dealings with man, we are often brought to a new circumstance, a bend in the road with a new direction, a fresh start with a change of jobs, or just another measurement of time called a new year. The attitude in which we face these challenges is vital in respect to the progress to be made, and the victories to be experienced. I John 4:18 says, “Fear hath torment”. The Greek word translated here as ‘torment’ literally means, ‘restraint’. It also holds within it the meaning of ‘a pruning’ which signifies a holding back, a restriction of growth. Fear prohibits one from going on to perfection, for it draws back from the unknown, and confines us to the limitations of that which we have already experienced. Therefore we must gird up our minds, knowing that “God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind”, (II Timothy 1:7). And His love in us will “cast out all fear”.

~Ray Prinzing~

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one, shall many be made righteous.” (Romans 5:19)

While we have our word ‘obedience’ in this verse, we also have it in its negative form, as ‘disobedience’, so that rather than having a SUBMISSIVE HEARKENING, the negative is A HEARING AMISS, or, a wrong hearing. Since obedience is a right hearing and then correct action thereto, disobedience is simply a wrong hearing, or a hearing amiss, and then acting in kind. But disobedience can also include listening to a wrong voice, the voice of a stranger, so that the action, or obedience then rendered is to the wrong source. This Paul explained when he wrote, “Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves as servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness,” (Romans 6:16).

For by one man’s disobedience, by his listening to the voice of a stranger, many were made sinners. Adam and Eve listened to the voice of the bestial system of this world, as represented by the serpent, and found that sin was at the door, and death by sin.

But, by the obedience of One, our Lord Jesus Christ, shall many be made righteous. Yet, not as by one that sinned, so the gift – for there is a MUCH MORE quality and quantity in the obedience unto life. “For since by man came death, by man also the resurrection of the dead. For as by Adam all die, even so by Christ shall all be made alive.” (I Corinthians 15:21-22).

~Ray Prinzing ~

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Most of us don’t praise and rejoice in the low places. It sure is not easy and it’s not 'natural'. But, in the Bible, we read how the prophet Habakkuk did. And, it was because God had become his strength.

Low places remind us of our high God. Low places point to our weakness and illuminate God’s strength.
We can praise Him from the pit when we rightly name Him as our high tower and strong place. So, even in the low places, you and I can trust Him and keep walking by faith.

“Yet I will exult in the Lord,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.
The Lord God is my strength”
~Habakkuk 3:18-19 ~.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of us don’t praise and rejoice in the low places. It sure is not easy and it’s not 'natural'. But, in the Bible, we read how the prophet Habakkuk did. And, it was because God had become his strength.

Low places remind us of our high God. Low places point to our weakness and illuminate God’s strength.
We can praise Him from the pit when we rightly name Him as our high tower and strong place. So, even in the low places, you and I can trust Him and keep walking by faith.

“Yet I will exult in the Lord,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.
The Lord God is my strength”
~Habakkuk 3:18-19 ~.

Ah, those low places :( . My devotional was about this kind of thing, it's titled- Through Every Season today (David Jeremiah) Talks about being careful to never make a negative decision, or important decisions during a "low" time. But, to simply wait on the Lord as He is ever present. It is easy to say this but at times, seems almost impossible.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ah, those low places :( . My devotional was about this kind of thing, it's titled- Through Every Season today (David Jeremiah) Talks about being careful to never make a negative decision, or important decisions during a "low" time. But, to simply wait on the Lord as He is ever present. It is easy to say this but at times, seems almost impossible.

Amen..good thoughts.
That reminds me of what I heard about those who climb Mt Everest.
They make all their decisions before they start their climb.
Then , when the air is thin as the elevation is high...they never deviate from the decision that they first made. Even though their brain was telling them to do or try 'such and such' they knew that they could not trust themselves at that point, but stick with the plan.

That speaks volumes in the spirit ....

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen..good thoughts.
That reminds me of what I heard about those who climb Mt Everest.
They make all their decisions before they start their climb.
Then , when the air is thin as the elevation is high...they never deviate from the decision that they first made. Even though their brain was telling them to do or try 'such and such' they knew that they could not trust themselves at that point, but stick with the plan.

Great analogy!
"That speaks volumes in the spirit" For sure!
Did you go to the wedding yet? Cannot remember which day it was :oops:. I decided to do some reading last night...Surprised By Joy by C.S. It is kind of like his biography.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Great analogy!
"That speaks volumes in the spirit" For sure!
Did you go to the wedding yet? Cannot remember which day it was :oops:. I decided to do some reading last night...Surprised By Joy by C.S. It is kind of like his biography.

The Wedding Rehearsal Dinner is tonight...and wedding is tomorrow!!! Yay! Can't wait. :D

My hubby and grandson are out...so I had time to sneak on here and nose around some posts :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Was worth the login just to say, Glad you can see,

Joh 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
Joh 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Joh 6:34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
Joh 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

and so we learn from Him when we eat of Him,

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

David...PLEASE COME BACK to the Site...we miss you!! :(

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“And be renewed in the spirit of your mind.” Ephesians 4:23

"The negative forces seek to control with all their propaganda and brainwashing. Many a battle is being fought and won in the mind, making it a vital necessity that we “put out of the way once for all everything that would impede the free action of your mind, be calm and collected in spirit, and set your hope perfectly, wholly, unchangeably, without doubt and despondency, upon the grace that is being brought to you upon the occasion of the revelation of Jesus Christ,” (I Peter 1:13, Wuest).

We rejoice in the truth, “Christ in you, the hope of glory,” Col. 1:27, because it is His Spirit dwelling within. Yet, because of the trappings of the carnal mind it has been difficult to give expression of this INNER LIFE OF CHRIST. Now, the more we are “renewed in the spirit of our mind”, the more we can LIVE OUT that which HE is BECOMING in us.
This is more than just the mental gymnastics of our own self-efforts. It is the energizing of His Spirit upon our human spirit, which in turn takes dominion over our mind and brings our mind into subjection to the Spirit of Truth. May it become the ‘norm’ of our life to just be thinking HIS thoughts, that we might- “shew forth the praises of Him who hath called us out of darkness into His marvelous light,” I Peter 2:9.

~ Prinzing ~

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ten things that are true about you:

1. You are accepted in the beloved (Ephesians 1:6).
2. You are capable (Philippians 4:13).
3. You are complete (Colossians 2:10).
4. You are more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37).
5. You are a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17).
6. You are dearly loved (Colossians 3:12).
7. You are free (John 8:36).
8. You are God’s workmanship (Ephesians 2:10).
9. You are wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14).
10. You are an overcomer (Revelation 12:11).

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are just some things we can’t fix... we can’t change.. we can’t manage. But we sure do try, don’t we?
We wrestle against our situations when God wants us to rest in Him. Rest is what we experience when we stop trying to fix our problem and fix our eyes on God instead.

Oh, Lord, that is what we need.
Help us to fix our eyes on You and trust You to fix any problem we face.
May Your will be done on earth, in our lives, as it is in heaven. Amen.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's a good day to be alive, it's a good day to begin again, it's a good day to believe , hope , love and trust that we are safe ad all is always well because we are always held.
No matter how loud and crazy and broken the world is today.. Let our actual joy in our salvation live loud in our souls.

Believe that we are His beloved ... it’s only when we trust that He loves us that we really begin to live.
Really, count our many blessings more, never stop.

Why wouldn’t we want joy? Sing to no one and everyone ...count the stars...smell the flowers...
Because really, none of us knows how long we have.
A whole life can be lost in minutes wasted… in the small moments missed.
That’s why it is amazing grace.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent."

"The Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turn-ing." - "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, and today, and for ever."

"His truth shall be thy shield and buckler."

"If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small."

"He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength." - "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." - " He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him." - "The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee."
" ... though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; and being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him." - "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows. "

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
.........By Jennifer Rothchild.

Sometimes we get soul tired, don’t we?
Often it comes when we’ve strayed from what is most precious to us— like our beliefs, our identity in Christ or our time with the Lord. Emotionally, we can start to crumble. Mentally, we can become deceived. Our spirits become depleted and our souls take a hit.

Thankfully, we have a compassionate Shepherd. He doesn’t just bring us back from our wanderings, He gives us back what our wanderings have taken from us.

Through His living and active Word, He brings restoration to our whole person.

So, if you are soul tired today, spend time in Scripture. Through it, your Shepherd will faithfully restore your soul and lead you in His paths of righteousness.

~ . J. R. . ~

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ten things that are true about you:

1. You are accepted in the beloved (Ephesians 1:6).
2. You are capable (Philippians 4:13).
3. You are complete (Colossians 2:10).
4. You are more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37).
5. You are a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17).
6. You are dearly loved (Colossians 3:12).
7. You are free (John 8:36).
8. You are God’s workmanship (Ephesians 2:10).
9. You are wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14).
10. You are an overcomer (Revelation 12:11).

Excellent scripture reminders of who we REALLY are in Christ ♥

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Launch out into the deep Luke 5:4.

How deep He does not say. The depth into which we launch will depend upon how perfectly we have given up the shore, and the greatness of our need, and the apprehension of our possibilities. The fish were to be found in the deep, not in the shallow water.

So with us; our needs are to be met in the deep things of God. We are to launch out into the deep of God's Word, which the Spirit can open up to us in such crystal fathomless meaning that the same words we have accepted in times past will have an ocean meaning in them, which renders their first meaning to us very shallow.

Into the deep of the Atonement, until Christ's precious blood is so illuminated by the Spirit that it becomes an omnipotent balm, and food and medicine for the soul and body.

Into the deep of the Father's will, until we apprehend it in its infinite minuteness and goodness, and its far-sweeping provision and care for us.

Into the deep of God's purposes and coming kingdom, until the Lord's coming and His millennial reign are opened up to us; and beyond these the bright entrancing ages on ages unfold themselves, until the mental eye is dazed with light, and the heart flutters with inexpressible anticipations of its joy with Jesus and the glory to be revealed.

Into all these things, Jesus bids us launch. He made us and He made the deep, and to its fathomless depths He has fitted our longings and capabilities.
~ . Soul Food . ~

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Launch out into the deep Luke 5:4.

How deep He does not say. The depth into which we launch will depend upon how perfectly we have given up the shore, and the greatness of our need, and the apprehension of our possibilities. The fish were to be found in the deep, not in the shallow water.

So with us; our needs are to be met in the deep things of God. We are to launch out into the deep of God's Word, which the Spirit can open up to us in such crystal fathomless meaning that the same words we have accepted in times past will have an ocean meaning in them, which renders their first meaning to us very shallow.

Into the deep of the Atonement, until Christ's precious blood is so illuminated by the Spirit that it becomes an omnipotent balm, and food and medicine for the soul and body.

Into the deep of the Father's will, until we apprehend it in its infinite minuteness and goodness, and its far-sweeping provision and care for us.

Into the deep of God's purposes and coming kingdom, until the Lord's coming and His millennial reign are opened up to us; and beyond these the bright entrancing ages on ages unfold themselves, until the mental eye is dazed with light, and the heart flutters with inexpressible anticipations of its joy with Jesus and the glory to be revealed.

Into all these things, Jesus bids us launch. He made us and He made the deep, and to its fathomless depths He has fitted our longings and capabilities.
~ . Soul Food . ~

See (Psalm 107:24-31)

Stranger