The war in Iraq

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
Do you think the war in Iraq has hurt this Nation? Do you think it has hurt Christianity or Americas relationship with Israel?Regardless of the original reason the public was given for going over there I think it is better that we fight our enemies on their soil rather than ours. Of course I would rather that noone had to be killed but it would appear this is ours and our enemies common language. How do you convince your enemy to stop fighting when they are intent on killing you?

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Of course it has hurt this nation. What good do you think has come out of it?We overthrew a dictator that could have run his country just fine, we could have established relations with him, and he didn't have any WMD's. He was doing his job, and we shouldn't have overthrown the government.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
This is just the begining. The muslims (radicle) have been working to take over the world for a long time. We will see them here in US probably soon. We are going to be a different country since 9-11. They hate the US because we have protected Isreal. They will try to destroy from within.

Lunar

Nov 23, 2007
I think the war in Iraq was a terrible mistake. I would advocate staying over there longer if there was some conceivable way in which things wouldn't fall apart the instant we left, regardless of the circumstances, but the ideological rifts there are much too great to be quelled by force. As it is, we're simply causing needless death on both sides and causing a tremendous drain on our budget to boot.It boggles my mind to think of all the problems we could solve, both within the United States and around the world, if we weren't spending so much money on Iraq. The annual cost is $456 billion. Think of how much we could help people by improving health care and welfare programs, developing alternate sources of energy, and sending aid to impoverished nations with that kind of money. Those are the sorts of issues Jesus really cared about - not fighting ideology with violence.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(crooner;26922)
This is just the begining. The muslims (radicle) have been working to take over the world for a long time. We will see them here in US probably soon. We are going to be a different country since 9-11. They hate the US because we have protected Isreal. They will try to destroy from within.
Can you please explain how Muslims are able to occupy this nation and force us all to Bow towards Mecca? 6 years, 1 Trillion Dollars, 3,500 dead, 30,000 wounded, no end in sight, and the self proclaimed most powerfull Army in the World has yet to subue a nation the size of California and another the size of Texas. If we cannot subdue a nation the size of just one of our states, how can they subdue all 50 armed with onoly AK's, RPG's and IEDS?(crooner;26922)
Since the end of WW2, WE have toppled government we didnt like and imposed ones who promised to sell us all the oil we wanted as cheaply as possible. During the CLinton years, we tried to impose abortion, homosexuality, and other acts of godless decadence disguesed as "Human rights" upon the Middle East.In order to get the Saudis permission to use thier country during Desert Storm, Bush 41 made a solem promise that we would not establish a permanet presence in Saudi Arabia. In 1993, Clinton renegged on this promise and declared that we are staying In Saudi Arabia forever. THIS is when Osama turned on us. THIS is why most of the 9-11 Hi Jackers were Saudi.It is no us they hate, it our policies.(crooner;26922)
A far larger threat to us:- Our own abortion clinics kill more of our babies than any terrorist organization.- Our own drug dealers poison more of us than anybodies chemical weapons- Our own left wing militias (Street gangs) shoot more of us than any Enemy Army.- Our own sexual imorality infects more of us than any biological weapons program.There is a far greater threat from within(crooner;26922)
Any threat Islam can pose is from within. As Western society becoms ever more godless, the spiritual vacume will take its toll. The lukwarm churches fail to fill that void. One study claims that if current trends continue, in ten years the image of a Black man will shift from the baggy pants wearing Hip Hopper to a Bow tie Tuxedo wearing Black Muslim. When asked who is joining thier ranks, one replied:- Men who are tired of having 2 or more child support payments to tow or more women.- Women who are tired of having two or more babies from just as many men- People who are sick and tired of the ravages of drugsThe Chrurches have been impotent, either refusing to address the subject, paying lip service against it, or even excusing it assuring them that Grace makes it ok. Currently, only Islam offers a strong rebuke against these things.The truth is that people want guidence and leadership. In the Book of Judges:Jdg 17:6 In those days Israel had no king; l everyone did as he saw fit. m Once fed up with the lawlessness, the peoples response was:1Sa 8:5 They said to him, “You are old, and your sons do not walk in your ways; now appoint a king y to lead z us, such as all the other nations a have.” 1Sa 8:6 But when they said, “Give us a king b to lead us,” this displeased c Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD. 1Sa 8:7 And the LORD told him: “Listen d to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, e but they have rejected me as their king. f This story continuosly repeats its self throughout history. People will submit to the wrong ruler every time.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(crooner;26922)
They're like a cancer and are going to spread through the US. Weird analogy isn't it.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Very true Wakkabut this has been going on sense the beginning And Jacob I loved Easu I hatedEsau married Ishmael's daughter Ishmael is the father of the Arabs, Easu (and his wifeand children)became Edomites who were later scattered some going to what is now Russia they have over time taken control over Russin government The other part of the Edomites returned to Ishmaels tribe and became the arab(muslim)nations so we see that in prophecy Russia and Arabs came from the same fathers/tribe. The Edomites (in the form of Modern day Russia and Arabs) will again reunite and come against Israel and any country with her.Jacob in the form of the Chistain nations and IsraelSo we see here the battle of Jacob and Esau continues.Note* Easu means hairy (arabs?) Edom means Red (Russia is the Red nation)

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
(Wakka;27006)
They're like a cancer and are going to spread through the US. Weird analogy isn't it.
Actually there is some truth to this as crazy as it sounds. Islam is a major religion in the U.S. and by 2020 it will be large enough that the U.S. cannot ignore it. Islam is attractive to people who like a black and white world. They want clearly defined laws. The problem with Christianity from their point of view is that it is not rule oriented. People like rules because it sets limits. Of course the downside of Islam is that it does not allow them to know God's love, grace, and mercy. Mercy is almost unknown in the Muslim world and is always equated with weakness.I disagree that the object of Islam is to take over the world. Like all religions they want to spread their faith. Like some Christians, Muslims view other religions as inferior and apostasy to varying degrees.However, Islam itself is deeply divided along several lines. It is divided along ethnic lines. The Arabs are different from the Turks who are different from Iranians who are different from the Afghans, etc. They are deeply split along religious lines. Shiites hate Sunni, for example. This goes back to the beginning of Islam and goes to the heart of who controls the faith. There are several other splits.What Islam needs is a common threat or enemy and the U.S. has played into their hands on this. Old rivalries and hatreds can be forgotten temporarily to face a common threat. They will of course resume in time.The middle east conflict between Palestinian and Israeli is something that we can learn from. The extreme right in Israel have more in common with the extremists on the Palestinians than with their own countrymen. They have the same objective, obliteration of the other side, winner take all. It is in the best interests of extremists on both sides to keep the conflict going.I am one who believes there was more to 9/11 that meets the eye. If it was an inside job then right wing extremists in the U.S. have much in common with both Israeli and Palestinian extremists as well.Blessings,Dunamite

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Dunamite;27488 said:
Actually there is some truth to this as crazy as it sounds. Islam is a major religion in the U.S. and by 2020 it will be large enough that the U.S. cannot ignore it.

Islam is attractive to people who like a black and white world. They want clearly defined laws. The problem with Christianity from their point of view is that it is not rule oriented. People like rules because it sets limits.

Of course the downside of Islam is that it does not allow them to know God's love, grace, and mercy. Mercy is almost unknown in the Muslim world and is always equated with weakness.

I disagree that the object of Islam is to take over the world. Like all religions they want to spread their faith. Like some Christians, Muslims view other religions as inferior and apostasy to varying degrees.(Quote)

The biggest lie today is that Christianity has no rules.

Ro 3:31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Ro 6:15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? x By no means!
Ro 6:16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey y —whether you are slaves to sin, z which leads to death, a or to obedience, which leads to righteousness

Ro 7:7 What shall we say, then? c Is the law sin? Certainly not! d Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. e For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “Do not covet.” f
Ro 7:8 But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, g produced in me every kind of covetous desire

By claiming Grace abolishes the Law rater than reconciling us to it, We have created a moral vacume which Islam is more than willing to fill.

Ironically, or best ministry against Islam is the same Ministry Christ used against the Scribes and Pharasees.

Ro 2:17 Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and brag about your relationship to God; k
Ro 2:18 if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the law;
Ro 2:19 if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark,
Ro 2:20 an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of infants, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth—
Ro 2:21 you, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal? l
Ro 2:22 You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? m
Ro 2:23 You who brag about the law, n do you dishonor God by breaking the law?

Replace "Jew" With "Muslim" And you have the same case.

Likewise:

Mt 5:21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not murder, e and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’
Mt 5:22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry f with his brother will be subject to judgment. g Again, anyone who says to his brother, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the Sanhedrin. h But anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell. i
Mt 5:23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you,
Mt 5:24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.
Mt 5:25 “Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison.
Mt 5:26 I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

Adultery

Mt 5:27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ j
Mt 5:28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. k
Mt 5:29 If your right eye causes you to sin, l gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
Mt 5:30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, m cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Divorce

Mt 5:31 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ n
Mt 5:32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery. o

Oaths

Mt 5:33 “Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, p but keep the oaths you have made to the Lord.’ q
Mt 5:34 But I tell you, Do not swear at all: r either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; s
Mt 5:35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. t
Mt 5:36 And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black.
Mt 5:37 Simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No’; u anything beyond this comes from the evil one. v

An Eye for an Eye

Mt 5:38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ w
Mt 5:39 But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. x
Mt 5:40 And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.
Mt 5:41 If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.
Mt 5:42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. y

Love for Enemies

Mt 5:43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor z and hate your enemy.’ a
Mt 5:44 But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, b
Mt 5:45 that you may be sons c of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. d
Mt 5:46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? e Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
Mt 5:47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
Mt 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. f

Does not Islam claim the same works through the Law as the Jews of the OT did?

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
The late Dr. J Vernon McGee once preached:"The Lord punished this nation in Southeast Asia because we went in there with bombs instead of Bibles. There is no Gospel of bombs & Bullets."

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
(BernieEOD;27510)
The biggest lie today is that Christianity has no rules.
We live by the Holy Spirit not a set of laws. Legalism is dead because the law is no longer in effect. Read Hebrews and Galatians for more on this.Hebrews 8: 10This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 11No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. 12For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."[c] 13By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.Obsolete is quite clear. The tablets of stone have been replaced. We are subject to the Holy Spirit.Galatians 3: 10 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse[/B], for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." 12The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, "The man who does these things will live by them." 13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us24So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. 25Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.Galatians 4: how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? 10You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! 11I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.Galatians 5: 1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.In the last paragraph Paul says that living by the Holy Spirit is enough. It will keep us from sin, not the law.In many ways it would be better if we (Gentiles) were ignorant of the law. Then we would be free to live by the Holy Spirit, but as with the Galatian church and the Hebrew audience that the letter of Hebrews was written to people feel comfortable with a set of rules and not comfortable with living by the Holy Spirit.Legalism leads to pride and condemnation of others. It can produce no good. This is not to say that the law is bad. It isn't, but we are. As long as a standard exists we will fall short, but still point at our neighbors and condemn them for their weakness while ignoring our own.The law served its purpose and continues to be in effect for Jews. Once we have the Holy Spirit, he is more than enough to keep us from sin. We do not need the law and in fact it is an encumbrance for us as Paul pointed out. The Holy Spirit is God and knows the mind of the Father and the heart of Jesus. By following him we are automatically following the law without ever having to know the specifics of it.Freedom means just that. We are free of the law and sin which comes as a result of the law. There is no asterisk with that. Many Christians feel uncomfortable with the idea of freedom because they do not understand it. They think that with freedom we will sin. But this is a misunderstanding of what Paul means by freedom. We do not need the law to tell us that we have sinned because the Holy Spirit does it for us. He convicts us of sin, not the law. He leads us to confession and forgiveness.Blessings,Dunamite

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
As the vices of the world are the same inside our Churches as they are omong those on the outside, we have people claiming Grace as license. How often do you hear "Do not Judge" as a defence against rebuke and correction? Or "The Holy Spirit told me is was ok?" Paul preached that although the Law is no longer over us, it stnds as a light warning us as to what is sin.