The Wedding Feast/Marriage Supper

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SBG, did you not read Hebrews 11:13 of all those afore mention? they all died, unless you're saying that the bible here in hebrews is incorrect.

see SBG, we have been taught wrong for so long, (me included), when the truth hits, it's hard sometimes to accept it. that's just being human, as we all are. and yes we have passions of certian doctrine or beliefs. but all are exposed by the light. I was no different untill the Lord Jesus REVEALED himself to me. and then taught me the truth. yes, it was hard to give up those childhood doctrine that has been told to me and you all of our lives.

well for me the lights came on when I had my road to Damascus experience, all christian will have it. when he told me who he was I was shock to my core. and he gave me a choice to surrender, or stay on this road. so I guess you know by now what I did.

yes, change is hard, but once made oh it so much better.

PICJAG.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SBG, did you not read Hebrews 11:13 of all those afore mention? they all died, unless you're saying that the bible here in hebrews is incorrect.

101G,
I have read Hebrews 11: 13.
Are you going to use it to say Hebrews 11:5 is incorrect?

5 It was by faith that Enoch was taken up to heaven without dying—“he disappeared, because God took him.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101G,
I have read Hebrews 11:3.
Are you going to use it to say Hebrews 11:5 is incorrect?

5 It was by faith that Enoch was taken up to heaven without dying—“he disappeared, because God took him.
SBG, Enoch died a natural death, he was only moved from one part of the planet to another. listen John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven". I'm sure the Lord is not lying here.

PICJAG.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SBG, Enoch died a natural death, he was only moved from one part of the planet to another. listen John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven". I'm sure the Lord is not lying here.

PICJAG.

You have to think more critically. It says he did not die. It says God took him. You are the one who assumes the only places God could have taken him were to either heaven or to a new location on earth.

But if whatever you come up with does not keep that he did not die, then you have not fit it together properly. It says he did not die. You say he did. That's what you have to address and fit together. Measure twice, cut once!

Reactions: amadeus

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to think more critically. It says he did not die. It says God took him. You are the one who assumes the only places God could have taken him were to either heaven or to a new location on earth.

But if whatever you come up with does not keep that he did not die, then you have not fit it together properly. It says he did not die. You say he did. That's what you have to address and fit together. Measure twice, cut once!
The bible clearly states he died. but I'm not got to argue ove it, I'll pray that the Lord God almighty willopen your eyes.

PICJAG.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I take that back. Not only does it say he did not die, It says he was taken up to heaven.

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My translation (NLT), along with a few other translations, including KJV, say: no one has ever gone to heaven and returned. It does not say no one has ever gone to heaven. The ASV, which you quoted from, is much different than the other translations I viewed. I'm glad I looked into this!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the other thing I'm thinking about right now is the many of their dead they saw walking around in one of the gospels, after Jesus resurrected. Where did they go? Have they been wandering the earth? :D

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No...I don't think it strikes me as odd...
It strikes me as sort of the same as removing Noah to safety before Gods wrath and judgement or the removing of Lot before wrath and judgement.
hmm
And there is an odd dream that a lot have had. It involves being somewhere high up and watching great disaster below.
that is actually buried in our psyche i guess, humans never look up, and post-apocalyptic movies and such
And the other thing I'm thinking about right now is the many of their dead they saw walking around in one of the gospels, after Jesus resurrected. Where did they go? Have they been wandering the earth? :D
they dont have to be actual people
Have they been wandering the earth? :D
yes, prolly; even been a recent resurgence in a couple of names, Egyptian something i think

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is actually buried in our psyche i guess, humans never look up, and post-apocalyptic movies and such

Sure. They were recognized as their dead, so somehow they were recognizable as certain people who had died. They looked like those very people who they knew had died. But sure, they could have been cows instead of actual people. Or cactuses... :D

I guess if some people can see Jesus in a pancake then other people can see a dead loved one in a cactus or a cow...

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm

yes, prolly; even been a recent resurgence in a couple of names, Egyptian something i think

Oh yeah, probably they've been wandering around with Elvis. Lol

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tried to answer your new post Bbyrd but it disappeared. Maybe God took it...

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's a very good question. where did they go? NO WHERE. just like Lazarus. a restored life is not a resurrected one. and no, they have not been wondering the earth. the Lord Jesus raised many people from their ... get this "SLEEP" .
Matthew 27:52 "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Matthew 27:53 "And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

the key word is "APPEARED" just as Moses and Elijah "APPEARED" on the mount of tranfiguration.

lets show scripture for this as was with the Lord Jesus before he "MANIFESTED" in a body as the "Christ".
Hosea 12:10 "I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.

now even in a vision it appeared real, just as our brother Ezekiel. in the visions he had, not only did he hold conversations, but was physically moved in the visions.

as in Matthews 27:52 it was the EVIDENCE of what the prophets spoke of is true.

so a restored life is not a resurrected life. so many, not "EVERY" body rose, just an example, or sample of what's the come.

Hoped that helped.

PICJAG.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The bible clearly states he died
Does not, @stunnedbygrace is correct,

Heb_11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death

even Elijah was taken up end never tasted death..

2Ki_2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are such an odd bunch. Sometimes I just have to laugh at us all. Its a wonder He ever gets any of us settled down.
How He puts up with us Ill never know. If I was God I would of put us into the recycle bin and tried rev3, but im not so sure that woudl have come out any different. I dont think He has a delete key.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does not, @stunnedbygrace is correct,

Heb_11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death

even Elijah was taken up end never tasted death..

2Ki_2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
GINOLJC, to all.
Please listen to your bibles.
Genesis 5:24 "And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him".
Where in these verses it say Enoch went to Heaven? God took him where? don't add to the word of God nor subtract from it. you was told this, "That God took him to heaven". you was told in ERROR. let's see what happen to Enoch according to the bible.

Hebrews 11:5 "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hebrews 11:7 "By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Hebrews 11:8 "By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Hebrews 11:9 "By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Hebrews 11:10 "For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Hebrews 11:11 "Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

Hebrews 11:12 "Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

Hebrews 11:13 "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

all these? who? all these mention above.

the Hebrew word "translate" is
G3346 μετατίθημι metatithemi (me-ta-tiy'-thee-miy) v.
1. to transfer.
2. (literally) to transport.
3. (by implication) to exchange.
4. (reflexively) to change sides.
5. (figuratively) to pervert.
[from G3326 and G5087]
KJV: carry over, change, remove, translate, turn
Root(s): G3326, G5087

there is nothing that indicate Enoch went to heave, second as the definition states, #2. Transport, this is what happen. God moved Enoch to another part of the planet. Just as us christian who sit in heavenly places. but also he has .. let the bible speak,
Colossians 1:13 "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son".

OK if you're translated into his Kingdom, so where are you at? where did you Go? I;ll tell you NO WHERE, physically. are you grasping this? as said we suggest you study this subject more.

PICJAG.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
Please listen to your bibles.
Genesis 5:24 "And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him".
Where in these verses it say Enoch went to Heaven? God took him where? don't add to the word of God nor subtract from it. you was told this, "That God took him to heaven". you was told in ERROR. let's see what happen to Enoch according to the bible.

Hebrews 11:5 "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hebrews 11:7 "By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Hebrews 11:8 "By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Hebrews 11:9 "By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Hebrews 11:10 "For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Hebrews 11:11 "Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

Hebrews 11:12 "Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

Hebrews 11:13 "These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

all these? who? all these mention above.

the Hebrew word "translate" is
G3346 μετατίθημι metatithemi (me-ta-tiy'-thee-miy) v.
1. to transfer.
2. (literally) to transport.
3. (by implication) to exchange.
4. (reflexively) to change sides.
5. (figuratively) to pervert.
[from G3326 and G5087]
KJV: carry over, change, remove, translate, turn
Root(s): G3326, G5087

there is nothing that indicate Enoch went to heave, second as the definition states, #2. Transport, this is what happen. God moved Enoch to another part of the planet. Just as us christian who sit in heavenly places. but also he has .. let the bible speak,
Colossians 1:13 "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son".

OK if you're translated into his Kingdom, so where are you at? where did you Go? I;ll tell you NO WHERE, physically. are you grasping this? as said we suggest you study this subject more.

PICJAG.

Hi 101,

Let me ask you . . . which is correct, that Enoch was translated so that he should not see death, Hebrews 11:5, or that "all these died"? Or is it that the one who is stated to not have died is excepted?

All these died, except, of course, the one said didn't . . .

Where have we been translated to? No where? Or into heaven? The Bible says we are seated in the heavenlies, hid with Christ in God.

Much love!