The Wedding Feast/Marriage Supper

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We should be rejoicing that war is now better than its ever been?
i dont know, imo you should be rejoicing that we have objective data to find out, that you for some reason seem reluctant to even access, let alone trust? Why not quote your support for any such perspective, and lets test its validity, maybe i am wrong there? Bc i do not know, and i am...i dont really have a dog in that hunt lol, i am willing to let the objective numbers speak there

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no idea, sorry, and our opinions are irrelevant here imo, we tend to hold opinions based upon emotions, and i am just asking for facts, hard data, to get some link with reality right now. Bc historically i am aware that far fewer ppl die in wars now than have ever historically died in wars, regardless of whether we locally are not exactly experiencing that at the moment, granted

so then hard data for your opinion should be pretty easy to come by right, yet i am not aware of it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist, bam state your case, i might even agree. But near as i can tell no one has ever wiped out as many, percentage wise of the entire pop anyway, as the Romans did, not even Genghis or Hannibal?

Ghengis khan, unsure estimate of 40 million. WW2, 56million+

But you have missed my point.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point was: how is war now better than ever before? Ghengis khan killed 40 million over 65 years of rule. WW2 lasted 6 years, at 56.4 million. That's 615,000 deaths per year versus 9.4 million deaths per year. Allow a ghengis khan to go ape#%@* with nuclear weapons and you will see my point maybe.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i think the world is passing away, and there is a certain amount of anxiety associated with that, that i am also susceptible to at times, yes
But you see it must, everything in time has a beginning and everything in time has an end, this world was created for a time, time was created so that God could set a beginning and an end, We are born live for a time than we die, all life on this earth is bound to that, in Christ our Spirit lives for ever, for where God exists there is no time, that is why He can see our beginning and our end. So since God already know what trouble or blessing will be with us "tomorrow in our time", why should we be troubled, as He has already determined the way out before we see the problems come.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ghengis khan, unsure estimate of 40 million. WW2, 56million+

But you have missed my point.
no, i agree that we have gotten better at killing, but i guess at the same time our proclivity for using the new methods has come under increasing restraint or something? Anyway, as a per capita number our deaths from conflict are apparently way down, some way or other? We're at 7 billion and rising?
How did you say you were using objective data, but then say you do not know...?
well, other data might tell a different story, and i dont expect to have any beliefs here changed maybe, so much as swayed perhaps. If someone believes that the world is actually going to hell in a handbasket, just like countless generations of our ancestors have pretty much all thought, i doubt anything i could say would make a diff anyway tbh
My point was: how is war now better than ever before? Ghengis khan killed 40 million over 65 years of rule. WW2 lasted 6 years, at 56.4 million. That's 615,000 deaths per year versus 9.4 million deaths per year. Allow a ghengis khan to go ape#%@* with nuclear weapons and you will see my point maybe.
and yet we have no, zero, release of nuclear weapons in war virtually since their inception and testing, yeh? We have exactly two almost hundred year old examples?

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, i agree that we have gotten better at killing, but i guess at the same time our proclivity for using the new methods has come under increasing restraint or something? Anyway, as a per capita number our deaths from conflict are apparently way down, some way or other? We're at 7 billion and rising?

I dont know bbyrd, all I can do is keep trying to grasp why your mind assesses war as better or worse depending on what percentage of the world's population dies. My mind does not go there even when I try to force it. The numbers only matter in relation to the number of 7 billion is something i can't grasp. In my mind, 40 million dead people is tragic and 54 million is tragic, but most tragic is being capable of achieving those numbers in 6 years now as opposed to 65 years. And actually, some estimates put the total death toll of ww2 at more like 80 million total. I guess when one bomb wipes out 90% of a cities population, then population records might go up in smoke too, especially before computers...

You might have a point that the proven ability to wipe an entire large city off the face of the earth in seconds restrained men some.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

well, other data might tell a different story, and i dont expect to have any beliefs here changed maybe, so much as swayed perhaps. If someone believes that the world is actually going to hell in a handbasket, just like countless generations of our ancestors have pretty much all thought, i doubt anything i could say would make a diff anyway tbh

and yet we have no, zero, release of nuclear weapons in war virtually since their inception and testing, yeh? We have exactly two almost hundred year old examples?

Yeah well, the dog is still alive and he will escape his chain again at some point.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That time will come, the world is full of idiots who have no idea of the consequences, but the devil certainly does and he has many friends.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'm a bit like you - I am not certain of all the chronology and I don't know where the pauses are. I am not certain about any of it , really. I know more...what I suspect than what I know for certain, when it comes to end times.

But concerning those who have to "get off the fence," I don't think they will be the bride. John the Baptist didn't think of himself as the bride, but as the best man. Maybe. Based on what he said.

A lot is what I suspect but not what I know for sure. Its a lot to try to understand.
Yes, you are seeing a difference between the Church and the Bride. I believe that the Bride comes out of the Church.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, you are seeing a difference between the Church and the Bride. I believe that the Bride comes out of the Church.
Not quiet true, the Bride is the Church, mens church is the counterfeit, children of the harlot.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, what things are we talking about again?

anyway, someone who has left the world, i guess, which is not the earth

but fwiw i think you are invoking exactly why The Rev was written as it was; "who would want to?" or iow our fears about tomorrow are anticipated and played upon, if we are still in the world, reading The Rev with Two Eyes, and divining what may happen tomorrow from it
hard to do not fear when reading The Rev, huh. Fwiw i suggest that a reader's responses reveal where their heart is; the "world" is passing away, yes? So, if you are in the world, you will naturally imo react in fear to The Rev. I guess this is maybe not that pleasant to read, and i dont mean to say i dont get it ok, but i would examine the emotions engendered by reading The Rev, and disregard the divining that ppl bring to it entirely, or at the least note that they are always divining from fear.
It always makes me wonder what world it is that is passing away. Jesus was no longer in the world before he was crucified. Can any of us do that? Alone, certainly not, but by means of the power of God in us? Some, I believe, will indeed be gone from the "world" before physical death.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not quiet true, the Bride is the Church, mens church is the counterfeit, children of the harlot.
While I understand your point, I am not talking about the lost who claim to be part of the Church but are not. I am considering that there are guests at the wedding supper as well as the Bride. The guests are not joined with the Bridegroom but neither are they lost in death.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, we say that, yes, but i mean look i could go back prolly less than a page and dig up some quote, ok, like i just got done doing. Yes, you do have unrealized fears about tomorrow imo
Yes, only someone who has already overcome all of the "world" as Jesus did will have no fear at all. Are there any of those... the ones who have overcome similar to Jesus? I believe so!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
While I understand your point, I am not talking about the lost who claim to be part of the Church but are not. I am considering that there are guests at the wedding supper as well as the Bride. The guests are not joined with the Bridegroom but neither are they lost in death.
Yes there are two lots, those that He invited because they are a part of His church and those whom HE invited because those whom He invited before where too busy, hence

Mat 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
Mat 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
Mat 22:4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
Mat 22:5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
Mat 22:6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.

Mat 22:7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
Mat 22:8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
Mat 22:9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
Mat 22:10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dont think it is a sin to admit that you have some fears about tomorrow sbg
yes, bc you expect m&r to literally manifest in the future via a divined outcome, and you quite likely have a bargain with death? just maybe? that may not stand ok. now i dont know, but i say beware ppl who have a bleak or apocalyptic outlook on the future. things are better now by any measure you care to name, and now is the best time of your life.
Admitting we fear or have had fear of man and the dangers applicable to carnal/mortal man is no more sin than it is to look at a woman who is attractive. But like that simple look at the woman it can of course easily become sin dependent on where we go from there.

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matt 5:28

When it comes us, this fear of man and the things which frighten men of flesh, then remember what Jesus said here:

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matt 10:28

We do need help not to fear, but is not help always available to us?

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matt 7:7