The Wicked One Exposed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
upload_2022-7-20_13-54-36.png

Careful reading of the Word is so important and I keep stressing why finding the right Biblical context is essential for a right interpretation - Scripture often answers Scripture.

Facts:
Same author
Jesus / Word
Wicked One / Overcoming the World
Being strong / Believing in Jesus
Overcome the Wicked One Personified for / Overcoming the World i.e 1 John 2:16 "Everything in it!"

Just in case some of you automatically think wicked one is a fallen angel.

:)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
upload_2022-7-20_14-2-40.png

Here we see how evil one is likened again to the world and not being defiled by those things within the world.

Keep himself unspotted from the world
keep them from the evil one

Again you can clearly see the personification!

I do enjoy the creative use of language.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do enjoy the creative use of language.
I do enjoy your flights of fancy.

Now kindly get back to Bible truth and Bible reality. You have been playing Devil's Advocate on this forum for a while, but it's time to stop this nonsense, and stop misleading the gullible.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do enjoy your flights of fancy.

Now kindly get back to Bible truth and Bible reality. You have been playing Devil's Advocate on this forum for a while, but it's time to stop this nonsense, and stop misleading the gullible.
That's it...disappointing!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 24464

Careful reading of the Word is so important and I keep stressing why finding the right Biblical context is essential for a right interpretation - Scripture often answers Scripture.

Facts:
Same author
Jesus / Word
Wicked One / Overcoming the World
Being strong / Believing in Jesus
Overcome the Wicked One Personified for / Overcoming the World i.e 1 John 2:16 "Everything in it!"

Just in case some of you automatically think wicked one is a fallen angel.

Correct translation is indeed important but even that won't give you wisdom, knowledge and understanding of His Word without the Holy Spirit revealing it to you.
How can God keep His Wisdom hidden from ungodly wise men and (they learn His ways, laws, principles and hidden wisdom) if it is made plain for everyone to know and understand even without salvation.
The mysteries that are revealed at the appointed time....parables that religious people can never understand because their mind is carnal and ours is spiritual.
Bottom line is our Father knows how to take us into His Word and learn by it....line upon line, precept upon precept.

Reactions: Rita

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Correct translation is indeed important but even that won't give you wisdom, knowledge and understanding of His Word without the Holy Spirit revealing it to you.
How can God keep His Wisdom hidden from ungodly wise men and (they learn His ways, laws, principles and hidden wisdom) if it is made plain for everyone to know and understand even without salvation.
The mysteries that are revealed at the appointed time....parables that religious people can never understand because their mind is carnal and ours is spiritual.
Bottom line is our Father knows how to take us into His Word and learn by it....line upon line, precept upon precept.
Very true but without setting your heart and mind to learning His ways all that's left is James 1:1-3
The Holy Spirit won't reveal a thing if you don't look into the mirror! James 1:23

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very true but without setting your heart and mind to learning His ways all that's left is James 1:1-3
The Holy Spirit won't reveal a thing if you don't look into the mirror! James 1:23
I don't think my heart would receive the Truth of.His Word if it wasn't born again and baptized by water and the Holy Spirit.
I know when I have grieved the Holy Spirit in my past because I couldn't feel His presence, His anointing.
This would lead me to repentance and asking forgiveness.
I would rather judge my own heart before He has to...and leave judging others hearts to Him.:)
God Bless

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't think my heart would receive the Truth of.His Word if it wasn't born again and baptized by water and the Holy Spirit.
I know when I have grieved the Holy Spirit in my past because I couldn't feel His presence, His anointing.
This would lead me to repentance and asking forgiveness.
I would rather judge my own heart before He has to...and leave judging others hearts to Him.:)
God Bless
@Heart2Soul According to Romans 8.9, all truly born again believers have indwelt by the Holy Spirit; and this is truly why we follow the Lord, rather than by any supposed merit on our part.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is really interesting.

We all know the Lord's prayer and we also would have seen how "evil one", with the word "one" being in italics"

Matthew 6:13 for reference. (notice how the ASV has the word in brackets?)

Now take a look at the translators notes on this word.

The term πονηροῦ (ponērou) may be understood as specific and personified, referring to the devil (false accuser), or possibly as a general reference to evil. It is most likely personified since it is articular (τοῦ πονηροῦ, tou ponērou). Cf. also “the evildoer” in Matthew 5:39, which is the same construction.

Of course Matt 5:39 is speaking to the evil performed by humans.

Now you can see the word one which is often in italics is not found in the original text and while I personally don't mind the idea of evil being personified it has caused Christians no end of grief.

As we have aptly shown, there is no pure evil creature of darkness, only all that which is in the world.

Last edited: