"The word was a god"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
You're denying the person who is the Father and God of Jesus, that person is YHWH God, and you're calling Jesus Christ a liar, because he said, even after his resurrection, that he has a Father and God, that is his apostles and disciples Father and God, that person is YHWH God. YHWH God has an only begotten son that he sent to the world of mankind as a human to pay the ransom price to buy back what the first Adam lost for his offspring. That only begotten son was given the name Jesus when he became human.
Let's understand something clearly, we all go to hell when we die. Hell when used in the scriptures is an English word that translates the Greek word Hades which was used to translate the Hebrew word Sheol. Sheol was a word that represents the place of the dead, where both the righteous and unrighteous went to sleep in death until the resurrection. So Sheol, Hades, and Hell represent the same place, the place of he dead, where both righteous and unrighteous go when they die, to sleep in death until the resurrection. So as I said, we all go to hell when we die, It's not some place of fiery torment where only the unrighteous go.

Just letting you know, I didn' read.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well folks, I didn't mean to start an all out attack by JW's on the Bible. Sorry! I simply wanted to know how Jesus can be a god. I think I joined a JW forum mistakenly.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well folks, I didn't mean to start an all out attack by JW's on the Bible. Sorry! I simply wanted to know how Jesus can be a god. I think I joined a JW forum mistakenly.
No worries you are on the side of the truth and can expect opposition. Jesus promised that for His followers who confess that he is Lord ( YHWH ).

Reactions: dhh712 and Jack

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, what I said was Scripture.The scriptures are very clear that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God. It's those that deny that it was the Only Begotten Son of God that the True God sent to mankind who will not be saved.
Those who believe Jesus is God are not Christians?

Reactions: ChristisGod

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did you get "a" god. There is no "a" in John 1:1. He IS God, just as the Father and Spirit is God. They are one God. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Just like I am one human being, I still have three parts to me that coexist together and are inseparable. My body, my mind, and my emotions/heart. My mind is my spirit, and my emotions/conscience is my heart or soul. My mind and heart are with my body. Get it? We are one. I am a triune being. Without a mind or heart my body would be dead.
Some English translations say "a god".

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures have always taught that God sent his only begotten son to mankind. That those who exercise faith in this truth, that Jesus is the Christ the son of the living God will be saved.
So you are really saying that all who believe that Jesus is God are not Christians? So tell us, how is Jesus "a god".

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it interesting that speaking the truth is now considered an attack.
Are you JW? Do you believe JW's will rule the world? Are JW's gods? Are you equal with Jesus? Please elaborate. Since this is a JW forum my questions are for all JW's here.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Huh?

Matthew 5:22
22 Whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.
This is what the churches never tell you. The Bible does not teach that humans have an immortal soul that goes somewhere else at death...that is a satanic lie which was first told in the garden of Eden. The devil told Eve that she would not die, so when the humans did die he manufactured the lie that they go on living in another realm. If there was such a realm, God never warned Adam about it. He simply told him that he would die and return to the dust out of which he was created. (Genesis 3:19) There was no mention of any "life after death" to humans.

The Jews were never taught such a thing as immortal souls flitting off to heaven or hell. The only options that God gave them was "life or death"...nothing more. (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)

Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10..."For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.. . .Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going."

He also wrote....
Ecclesiastes 3:19-20..."for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. 20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust."

So if there is no immortal soul that survives death, there is no reason to invent places for them to go. "Hell" in the Bible is translated from the words "sheol", "hades" or "gehenna"...to Jews, none of them are destinations where people are alive. They are in an unconscious state and have no knowledge of the passing of time and are unable to think or to feel or do anything.

What is translated "hellfire" is "gehenna" which was the city of Jerusalem's garbage dump, where fires were kept burning day and night to consume the rubbish. The carcasses of dead animals were thrown into the flames and so were the bodies of executed criminals for disposal, not conscious punishment or torment. If there are no immortal souls, then there are no places for them to go. "Sheol and hades" mean the grave.
To a Jew, being cast into "gehenna" was tantamount to saying that these would not be resurrected in God's Kingdom, which they believed would be under a human Messiah on earth. It was a symbol of eternal death, which is the opposite of eternal life.

As I have said...in a world ruled by the devil, nothing is as it seems. By misinterpretation, God's word has been manipulated to infer what Christ never taught.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what the churches never tell you. The Bible does not teach that humans have an immortal soul that goes somewhere else at death...that is a satanic lie which was first told in the garden of Eden. The devil told Eve that she would not die, so when the humans did die he manufactured the lie that they go on living in another realm. If there was such a realm, God never warned Adam about it. He simply told him that he would die and return to the dust out of which he was created. (Genesis 3:19) There was no mention of any "life after death" to humans.

The Jews were never taught such a thing as immortal souls flitting off to heaven or hell. The only options that God gave them was "life or death"...nothing more. (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)

Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10..."For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.. . .Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going."

He also wrote....
Ecclesiastes 3:19-20..."for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. 20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust."

So if there is no immortal soul that survives death, there is no reason to invent places for them to go. "Hell" in the Bible is translated from the words "sheol", "hades" or "gehenna"...to Jews, none of them are destinations where people are alive. They are in an unconscious state and have no knowledge of the passing of time and are unable to think or to feel or do anything.

What is translated "hellfire" is "gehenna" which was the city of Jerusalem's garbage dump, where fires were kept burning day and night to consume the rubbish. The carcasses of dead animals were thrown into the flames and so were the bodies of executed criminals for disposal, not conscious punishment or torment. If there are no immortal souls, then there are no places for them to go. "Sheol and hades" mean the grave.
To a Jew, being cast into "gehenna" was tantamount to saying that these would not be resurrected in God's Kingdom, which they believed would be under a human Messiah on earth. It was a symbol of eternal death, which is the opposite of eternal life.

As I have said...in a world ruled by the devil, nothing is as it seems. By misinterpretation, God's word has been manipulated to infer what Christ never taught.
Even the JW Bible says "they will be tormented day and night forever and ever". I really don't think that believing in Hell is required for residency therein "forever and ever".

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then you don't believe scripture.
I wonder if you have ever really read or studied scripture.....
What you quote does not answer your points....you have misunderstood who Jesus said he was.....show me please where he ever claimed to be God or his Father's equal....?

Then your sins remain on you according to scripture.

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he , ye shall die in your sins.
John 8:24 KJV
Read it again....."for if ye believe not that I am he".....who was he claiming to be? Not God, but their promised Messiah....
Who was Jesus addressing there?
The Pharisees had said to Jesus...
“Where is your Father?” Jesus answered: “You know neither me nor my Father. If you did know me, you would know my Father also.”
So he said to them again: “I am going away, and you will look for me, and yet you will die in your sin. Where I am going, you cannot come.”
He went on to say to them: “You are from the realms below; I am from the realms above. You are from this world; I am not from this world. 24 That is why I said to you: You will die in your sins. For if you do not believe that I am the one, you will die in your sins.” 25 So they began to say to him: “Who are you?” Jesus replied to them: “Why am I even speaking to you at all? 26 I have many things to speak concerning you and to pass judgment on. As a matter of fact, the One who sent me is true, and the very things I heard from him I am speaking in the world.” 27 They did not grasp that he was talking to them about the Father. 28 Jesus then said: “After you have lifted up the Son of man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me, I speak these things. 29 And the One who sent me is with me; he did not abandon me to myself, because I always do the things pleasing to him.”

Reading verses in context will reveal what you do not want to see if you bothered to do your research. Is that why you don't?
There is so much just in that short passage that needs understanding. You cannot comprehend what Jesus is saying or why he is saying it.

Stop blindly condemning just because someone disagrees with your chosen beliefs.....you might actually learn something....but you have to want to learn, just as the Jews had to learn something new when Jesus arrived the first time. He taught them how to "worship the Father in spirit and truth".....something the Pharisees had never given to them...so we need to learn to do that too.
What has been taught for centuries is not necessarily the truth....at least examine the evidence with an open mind.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Even the JW Bible says "they will be tormented day and night forever and ever". I really don't think that believing in Hell is required for residency therein "forever and ever".
You have to be alive in order to be tormented forever.....only the righteous are promised everlasting life.
The wicked are not promised a fiery hell, but eternal death. Why would God require more? "The wages sin pays is death", not eternal suffering.

The 'torment' has to be suffered before death, contemplating what awaits them. The lake of fire is never destroyed, unlike hades, this place lasts forever as a destination for those who may abuse their free will in the future. Jehovah has allowed the abuse of free will to be taken to its nth degree so there is nothing more to prove. Once the devil and all whom he is able to mislead are gone from existence, (which is all that Christ ever said) God's worshippers on earth can be glad that God's purpose can be restored. (Revelation 12:7-12)

In his coming judgment, the King Christ Jesus will rid the earth of all who pollute God's worship and who fail to render assistance to Christ's "brothers".....

“When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.
34 Then the King will say to those on his right: ‘Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world". . . .“Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels". . . ."These will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”
(Matthew 25:31-46)
Then God can get on with what he planned for his material creation....whatever that may prove to be....we will have forever to find out".

Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That He's not the Father is not disputed, JohnPaul. That Jesus is the Son of God is not disputed. But Jesus is also, JohnPaul, the Son of Man, as He Himself said. So, the question(s) then is (are), is He neither God nor man, and thus... something else? Or is He both? :)

Grace and peace to you.
Jesus is not God or part of some three Godhead figure, but the Son Of God Jehovah, there is only one God and his name is Jehovah.