The Work of Faith: Hope of Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In reading your posts, and hearing your heart-cry toward the Lord, I have no doubt whatsoever that you are saved. I am sure other would witness with that. Your heart is 'toward the lord' therefore He wont give you a stone.
Just sit quietly with Father and allow Him to assure you of His love for you.

Thank you for your witness! Coming from another sister-in-Christ with maturity in-Christ, your witness brings great reassurance and encouragement of Spirit.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If "seek ye first the kingdom of God: and his righteousness" means the kingdom is now and His righteousness has already been added to you, then it comes from an "inheritance incorruptible". Meaning the corruptible cannot sow the incorruptible, nor can the incorruptible be lost.
i would disagree here, bc it is the inheritance that is incorruptible, which does not mean "cannot be lost," but "cannot be corrupted" right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You said that you sometimes doubt if you have salvation or not.
thank God somebody does lol, me too. Although i would not put it that way of course
That is sad..and from the Enemy, that is his job.
that is right out of the Book tho. You say "sad," but "humble" is likely a better frame, at least imo.

Gave save us from ppl who know that they are "saved," imo
i mean who are those who will cry "Lord, Lord?" are crying, i mean. whatever

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I will pray for you..that you receive overwhelming confirmation and confidence and never ever doubt yourself again.
see, alla these guys have that already, right
qh45rgnv3gqz.jpg

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i would disagree here, bc it is the inheritance that is incorruptible, which does not mean "cannot be lost," but "cannot be corrupted" right

Agree, Salvation is sure for us who have believed...it is the inheritance which can be disinherited if we turn away , live our own sad little Christian life and see rewards for the "good and faithful"...We aim for the Best.. ( as "I" see that)..being , as close to the Lord as we can get ( the "many mansions" being the many positions in Glory) And once we have tasted what it is to sit under His anointed Presence in God....then the very thought of not ending up as close to God as possible makes me shiver!
People do not always see this...but even when James and John asked Jesus -
"Grant that we may sit on your right hand and left hand in the Kingdom" .. (showing that they SAW this inheritance) Jesus answered :- "That is not mine to give, but the Fathers to give.."
Notice Jesus did not say -" Oh you silly guys , we are all one happy equal glob in the Kingdom. "

I agree 100% with mjrhealths comment:-
Salvation is granted to all who receive it, an inheritance belongs to a son, God has many children just very few sons. Read the book!!

Ref your other posts.
You need to stop sowing seed of doubt to other people. You may believe what and how you believe, but sowing negative seed is not good...you do the Enemy's work, which is sowing tears among wheat..that is not being kind, neither is it good fruit,(that you are always speaking about.... you say over and over..."we know them by their fruit" ..well, lack of fruit is showing!! ) ..sowing doubts , that is putting a stumbling block in my brothers path. Not cool.

Just saying. ...H

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@bbyrd009
Just saying = the things of doubt that you are posting here in this thread belong on the Non-Christian Boards, not on the Believers boards!!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 11:28-32 KJV
[28] But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. [29] For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. [30] For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. [31] For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. [32] But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Agree, Salvation is sure for us who have believed...it is the inheritance which can be disinherited if we turn away
imo the two are the same thing, salvation is the inheritance
(showing that they SAW this inheritance)
or that they or their mother was blind, at least in a sense, at least at that time

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I agree 100% with mjrhealths comment:-
Salvation is granted to all who receive it, an inheritance belongs to a son, God has many children just very few sons. Read the book!!
ah, what book? not buying it though, but that doesn't mean it isn't true either; it is a perspective, and if it yields fruit then great imo, i don't have to agree with it.
salvation inheritance - Google Search
You need to stop sowing seed of doubt to other people. You may believe what and how you believe, but sowing negative seed is not good...you do the Enemy's work, which is sowing tears among wheat..that is not being kind, neither is it good fruit,(that you are always speaking about.... you say over and over..."we know them by their fruit" ..well, lack of fruit is showing!! ) ..sowing doubts , that is putting a stumbling block in my brothers path. Not cool.
if your brother is here to assure believers--who by definition already have enough problems imo--that they do not have to follow the law, then i am his enemy, yes. The many who cry LordLord will also prolly not like me very much i guess. i am mos def here to sow doubt among these

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
@bbyrd009
Just saying = the things of doubt that you are posting here in this thread belong on the Non-Christian Boards, not on the Believers boards!!
so you say, but i know what "it is the members of a man's own household" means, ty. these things of certainty that ppl who cannot possibly know are posting are pretty much crap imo, and the more certain one is, the more crap is generally flying i guess.
Agree, Salvation is sure for us who have believed
or iow briefly, a pox on those who believe, believers are in the very worst state possible imo.

Many will cry "LORD, LORD."

it was "believers" assured me that a guy in a red suit was going to come down the chimney and leave me presents on Jesus' birthday, see; it was believers who bought me bunnies and candy eggs for Passover, and called it "Easter," like the pagans they are.

if a believer tells me it is daylight, i assume it is dark until i find a window!

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are so right, which means the LORD would not add that which is corrupt to that which is incorruptible to begin with. How are we added? Based off our own goodness or based off the "faith of Christ"? What Son spent his inheritance on a harlot(the world) and returned home to full restoration?

I continue to hold to: Salvation can not be lost. Question is, and was; during "Hope" in Salvation, can one turn away? Still, I hold tight to NO because those that are His, those places in the kingdom of God, are reserved by the power of God. Why did only two lead the children into the land? Why these two?

This thread was not meant to be about Salvation...but about the "work of Faith" ; one of the fruits of the Spirit of God.

1 Thessalonians 1:3 KJV
[3] Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

2 Thessalonians 1:11 KJV
[11] Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

James 1:3-4 KJV
[3] Knowing this , that the trying of your faith worketh patience. [4] But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Question is, and was; during "Hope" in Salvation, can one turn away?
i see very little "turning to" tbh, i mostly see ppl who spent an hour on a few or several Sundays (the day of the sun) in a mortgaged building getting indoctrinated into, and then publicly professing that they wanted to escape hell, too, out of fear, and then basically pretty much all died from that moment on, and started talking religious gibberish, and speaking it in tongues, too, just like Paul says, wadr

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i continue to wonder why we debate this, when Scripture asks "who then, can be saved?"

and we can observe that only 2 out of like 1000000 made it into the Promised Land.

"who then, can be saved"

Only one. Joshua: Yeshua
And the second: Numbers 14:24
[24] But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.

Seed: children.

Many name books / websites list the meaning of CALEB as "Dog". ... CALEB is actually a compound word in Hebrew - something that is quite common in ancient Hebrew. Col (Cuf + Lamed) = all or whole. Lev (Lamed + Vet) = heart. Therefore, CALEB (or COLEV as pronounced in Hebrew) actually means "whole hearted

How are we "whole hearted"....there is only one way.

Luke 18:26-27 KJV
[26] And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved? [27] And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Reactions: Richard_oti

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Many name books / websites list the meaning of CALEB as "Dog". ... CALEB is actually a compound word in Hebrew - something that is quite common in ancient Hebrew. Col (Cuf + Lamed) = all or whole. Lev (Lamed + Vet) = heart. Therefore, CALEB (or COLEV as pronounced in Hebrew) actually means "whole hearted

How are we "whole hearted"....there is only one way.
"The Bible's common word for dog, כלב (keleb)"

from Abarim, but he does go on to verify yours too. Funny that dogs are always portrayed as bad in Scripture, isn't it? Despite our impressions of dogs?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The Bible's common word for dog, כלב (keleb)"

from Abarim, but he does go on to verify yours too. Funny that dogs are always portrayed as bad in Scripture, isn't it? Despite our impressions of dogs?

Dogs eat from the Master's table.

Don't forget Saul passed through the eye of a needle and became Paul, who counted it all "dung" that He might win Christ. The impossible, possible with God.