The Wrath of the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church is not Israel.

1. Definition: The church is the community of all true believers for all time. This definition understands the church to be made of all those who are truly saved. Paul says, "Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her" (Eph 5:25). Here the term "the church" is used to apply to all those whom Christ died to redeem, all those who are saved by the death of Christ. But that must include all true believers for all time, both believers in the New Testament age and believers in the Old Testament age as well. So great is God's plan for the church that he has exalted Christ to a position of highest authority for the sake of the church: "He has put all things under his feet and has made him the head over all things for the church which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all" (Eph 1:22-23).

Jesus Christ himself builds the church by calling his people to himself. He promised, "I will build my church" (Matt 16:18). And Luke is careful to tell us that the growth of the church came not by human effort alone, but that "the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved" (Acts 2:47). But this process whereby Christ builds the church is just a continuation of the pattern established by God in the Old Testament whereby he called people to himself to be a worshiping assembly before him. There are several indications in the Old Testament that God thought of his people as a "church," a people assembled for the purpose of worshiping God. When Moses tells the people that the Lord said to him, "Gather the people to me that I may let them hear my words, so that they may learn to fear me all the days that they live upon the earth..." (Deut 4:10), the Septuagint translates the word for "gather" with the Greek term "to summon an assembly," the verb that is cognate to the New Testament noun "church."

It is not surprising, then, that the New Testament authors can speak of the Old Testament people of Israel as a "church". For example, Stephen speaks of the people of Israel in the wilderness as "the church in the wilderness" (Acts 7:38, author's translation). And the author of Hebrews quotes Christ as saying that he would sing praise to God in the midst of the great assembly of God's people in heaven: "In the midst of the church I will sing praise to you" (Heb 2:12, author's translation, quoting Ps 22:22).

Therefore the author of Hebrews understands the present-day Christians who constitute the church on earth to be surrounded by a great "cloud of witnesses" (Heb 12:1) that reaches back into the earliest eras of the Old Testament and includes Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, Samuel, and the prophets (Heb 11:4-32). All these "witnesses" surround the present-day people of God, and it seems only appropriate that they, together with the New Testament people of God, should be thought of as God's great spiritual "assembly" or "church." Moreover, later in chapter 12 the author of Hebrews says that when New Testament Christians worship we come into the presence of "the assembly (lit. "church,") of the first-born who are enrolled in heaven." This emphasis is not surprising in light of the fact that the New Testament authors see Jewish believers and Gentile believers alike to be now united in the church. Together they have been made "one" (Eph 2:14), they are "one new man" (v. 15) and "fellow citizens" (v. 19), and "members of the household of God" (v. 19).

Therefore, even though there are certainly new privileges and new blessings that are given to the people of God in the New Testament, both the usage of the term "church" in Scripture and the fact that throughout Scripture God has always called his people to assemble to worship himself, indicate that it is appropriate to think of the church as constituting all the people of God for all time, both Old Testament believers and New Testament believers.

(from Systematic Theology, Copyright © 1994 by Wayne Grudem. All rights reserved.)

Israel, as evidenced by the prophets, is largely unrepentant and rebellious.

It is to them that prophecy speaks of the Day of the Lord as foreboding and full of doom and gloom. But not so for the Church.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Marcus O'Reillius said:
The church is the community of all true believers for all time. This definition understands the church to be made of all those who are truly saved.

Israel, as evidenced by the prophets, is largely unrepentant and rebellious.
Correct, and the geography is different also. The church is scattered and located in all nations. Israel is located in Israel. Good post Marcus!

Rev 7:9 NIV After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

Rev 19:1 NIV After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: "Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seeing the difference between two aspects of God's people, the woman Israel and her offspring, is not a false teaching. It is not heresy. It is just another school of theology.

5. The Church and Israel

Several current dispensational theologians, such as Robert Saucy, Craig Blaising, and Darrell Bock, refer to themselves as "progressive dispensationalists," and they have gained a wide following. They would not see the church as a parenthesis in God's plan but as the first step toward the establishment of the kingdom of God. On a progressive dispensational view, God does not have two separate purposes for Israel and the church but a single purpose—the establishment of the kingdom of God—in which Israel and the church will both share.

Progressive dispensationalists would see no distinction between Israel and the church in the future eternal state for all will be part of the one people of God. Moreover, they would hold that the church will reign with Christ in glorified bodies on earth during the millennium.

(from Systematic Theology, Copyright © 1994 by Wayne Grudem. All rights reserved.)

Now I allow others to take a different stance, and that is quite acceptable under the Grace God has bestowed upon us. We need not score a 100% to be saved, nor have the perfectly correct theology or eschatology. But in this battle of wits and half-wits, one side seeks to destroy.

I am reminded of a recent cultural more where if you don't agree that black lives matter, or you disagree with homosexual marriage, or you complain about the literal invasion of young military-aged men seeking "refuge" - that you're called a bigot. Those calling others bigot will not allow a difference of opinion. However, the true bigots are those one throwing the label around if you disagree with them.

Bigot: n. A prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from their own.

The attempt to destroy any notion of a Rapture, or to wholly equate unbelieving natural Israel with the true believers in the Church, smacks of just such intolerance.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I am judged intolerant by a person who demonstrates his intolerance in every post he makes.

Isn't 78 scriptures that prove the Church is Israel and what will happen in the last days, sufficient?

ATP, you say Israel is located in Israel. It is the Jewish people who live there and only about half of the total worldwide Jews have made alyiah. Thinking they are all of Israel, violates 2 truths; First the Jewish people are just 2/12ths of all the Israelite peoples. Ezekiel 37 has not happened yet, as a normal read of that chapter will prove. Secondly, God caused the House of Israel to be dispersed and the blessings promised to the 10 tribes have been fulfilled in the Western nations. So the truth is WE are Israelite by descent and doubly so if we have become Christian.
Many prophesies say how the Jews will be judged and punished for their apostasy and their sins. Ezekiel 24:9-14, Isaiah 6:11-13, Jeremiah 21:14 But after this cleansing of the holy Land, we will be gathered and judged. Ezekiel 20:34-38 Those Israelites by descent, who rebel against the Lord will die in the wilderness.
THIS is the truth of God's plan, it is reiterated many times by the prophets. Disbelief of what is written in our Bibles, shows how deceived some are.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us say that your complaint falls on deaf ears. You are the one without much credibility when you malign Isaiah 30;26 as you do - so anything you point to is immediately suspect. You will not take correction when it is right in front of you. You are the one who is on a jihad to destroy any notion of a Rapture. That is an earmark of a bigot.

I tolerate you very well; I just counter your take on Scripture by actually quoting it and showing where you have gone off the deep end. I do not cry to the moderators with every post you make... unlike you rabbi keras of me.

A progressive dispensational approach reconciles the very abrupt and apparent difference between Jew and Christian just as it is shown in the New Testament in Revelation 12:17 -

17 So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

While Jew and Gentile are united in Christ, as happened in the first century; the majority of the Jews of even Paul's time did not convert to Christianity. They rebelled. It was the Jews who killed Jesus. The Church does not rebel. The Church believes.

Out of these rebellious children, God will refine them, as Isaiah says, killing two-thirds in the process according to Zechariah. It is the woman Israel whom is sheltered in the wilderness starting at the midpoint abomination. Thus, she is sheltered for 1260 days.

The Church, meanwhile, who is not in Judea as Jesus asked that they be let to go in the Olivet Discourse, suffers the Great Tribulation - which is a backlash from Satan on not being able to crush the Jews when the Ezekiel invasion of Israel takes place which results in the King of the North surrounding Jerusalem on the eve of that same midpoint abomination when a talking image of him is set up by the false prophet in the newly reconstructed Jewish Temple.

We are not to suffer like rebellious Israel at the Hand of God. We are not rebellious. There are some foolish virgins who will not be saved when Jesus comes, but by and large: we are justified in Christ Jesus and we are not to incur God's Wrath. Paul stated that as a fact too. We are to suffer from our enemies like Christ Jesus. Jesus said that too.

The Millennium is the time when Israel will have what the Church has now. We will be united with the woman Israel, however, she does not enter into the newness of immortality we will receive when we exchange our bodies for the "new rooms" Jesus is building for us - until the second Resurrection. And it will be the twelve Apostles who judge the twelve Tribes of Israel, and those who are in the Book of Life, will join the Elect, who are from both OT believers and NT believers.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes Marcus, I know my posts fall on deaf ears. You and all who believe in false theories have had their ears stopped and their eyes blinded, by God because you have chosen to believe unscriptural ideas like the rapture to heaven.

I will show again how the one holy people of God are separated at the beginning of the Great Tribulation, as per Rev 12:17. Daniel 11:32 explains it. Those who go to live in Beulah, Isaiah 62:1-5, are all who believe in God and Jesus. They are Christians from every tribe [of Israel], race and language. Each person, or family, will be assigned to one of the 12 tribes. Isaiah 66:21
When the Anti-Christ comes to Beulah and negotiates a 7 year peace treaty, about half of the people will violate the Covenant and the other half will stay faithful. Zechariah 14:2 also mentions these two half's of the people. Pray to keep faithful and be taken to safety, or become victim to the sword and fire, by captivity and pillage....Daniel 11:33

I am disappointed that the moderators haven't thrown you off the forum for all your totally unacceptable comments. It makes it hard to have a reasoned discussion with anyone when you push in with all your rude name calling and sneering remarks.
You grip onto a rapture to heaven notion, when not one Bible verse says that will happen. What the Bible DOES say will happen, you scoff at and denigrate. I [almost] pity you on the Day you will stand before the Lord and He asks you why you failed to take note of what His prophets told us.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to agree with keras on this one....the Church is true Israel. Although, I do not agree with either of you about the Great Tribulation and end times discussion. Either way, I hope everyone he can recognize that these are debatable issues and, according to Romans 14, we should not pass judgment on each other over such issues:

“Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God;” (Romans 14:10, ESV)

I am not a moderator over this particular section, so I cannot lock it or block comments. However, I urge everyone here to treat one another as they would Christ. This is what the Lord would have us do. What good is it to be right about the end times events if we do it wickedly and in a way that dishonors the Lord who is coming for us?

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I hope Wormwood will answer too, but it is the prophet Amos who gives the best answer:
Note in Amos 1 & 2; The Lord will roar from Zion.....and the Land will be dried up.....I will send fire to Damascus.....Gaza....Tyre.....Edom....Ammon....Judah. Then Amos 2:6-8 mentions the judgement of the House of Israel. [the ten Northern tribes] NO fire is prophesied for them, but Amos 4:12 says; Israel prepare to meet your God....... Amos 5:6 If you want to live, make your refuge the Lord or He will break out against Joseph's descendants like fire.... Very telling that Joseph, not Jacob is quoted here, Joseph; the father of Ephraim and Manasseh. Now Britain and America respectively.

There is a lot of very interesting prophecy in Amos and he ends with Amos 9:13-15 A time is coming......that My people, Israel will rebuild the devastated cities and dwell in them....they will live in prosperity, never again the be uprooted..... AGAIN; any rapture removal to heaven totally refuted!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
keras said:
Yes Marcus, I know my posts fall on deaf ears. You and all who believe in false theories have had their ears stopped and their eyes blinded, by God because you have chosen to believe I am disappointed that the moderators haven't thrown you off the forum for all your totally unacceptable comments. It makes it hard to have a reasoned discussion with anyone when you push in with all your rude name calling and sneering remarks.
You grip onto a rapture to heaven notion, when not one Bible verse says that will happen. What the Bible DOES say will happen, you scoff at and denigrate. I [almost] pity you on the Day you will stand before the Lord and He asks you why you failed to take note of what His prophets told us.
I agree with Marcus. The throne is in heaven along with the great multitude, the 24 elders and four living creatures. Jesus hasn't returned to earth yet in Revelation 7..

Rev 7:9 NIV After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
ATP, Do you agree that Revelation 7:1-8 happens on earth? Read verses 1-3 carefully; that is an earthly scene for the selection of the 144,000.

Rev 7:9 After this, I looked and saw a great multitude .....standing before the Throne.....in white robes and holding palm branches.
There doesn't seem to be a change of venue here, unless because of wrong teaching, it must be construed to be somewhere else. Palm branches in heaven? Maybe, but more likely on earth.

I have already pointed out how heaven, a spiritual entity, can be anywhere. We think heaven is somewhere in space, but the astronomers have yet to find it. One day, God will set His Throne in Elam [Iran] and will destroy them there. Jeremiah 49:38

Marcus has by now discarded 90% of the Bible as unsuitable for his beliefs. His opinion is as worthless as a warm icey-pole.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
keras said:
StanJ, I have written plenty about God's plans for our future. I have spent years carefully studying all of the Prophetic Word. Would you like me to post a million words here? I try to keep the message short and if verses I use don't seem to you to prove my point, maybe that is because you view them from another perspective.
Remember Daniel said: only a few would understand the prophesies in the last days. And we must clear our minds of any unscriptural teachings for the 'light to shine like a lamp in a dark place'. 2 Peter 1:19
So do you have a clear understanding of what God has planned for our future?

The Church is Israel, the one people of God:
[SIZE=11pt]Those believers who love the Lord and keep His commandments, that is: the true Christian Church are designated by God to be Israelites. The New Testament writings are clear: there is only one Israel, only one Church, only one elect, whether they be Jew or Gentile by birth.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]1/ Israel, the chosen people of God: Exodus 15:13, Deut. 33:3, Ezra 3:11 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] Christians, chosen of God: Rom. 9:25, Eph. 5:1, Col. 3:12, 1 John 3:1, Rev. 7:9[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]2/ Israel, the children of God: Deut. 14:1, Isa.1:2-4, Isa 63:8, Hosea 11:1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] Christians, the children of God: John 1:12, Rom. 8:14-16, Gal. 4:5-7, 1 John 3:1[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]3/ Israel, the scattered sheep of God: Psalm 78:52, Isa. 40:11, Jer. 23:1-4, Eze 34:12[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] Christians, His sheep: among the nations: John 10:14-16, Heb. 13:20, 1 Peter 2:25[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]4/ Israel, God’s household: Hebrews 3:5, 1 Chron. 29:14-18[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] Christians are God’s household: Hebrews 3:6, Heb. 10:20-21, I Tim. 3:15, 1 Cor.3:9[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]5/ Israel are the priests of God: Exodus 19:6, Deut. 27:9[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] Christians are the priests of God: Isa. 66:21, 1 Peter 2:5-9, Rev. 1:6, Rev. 5:10[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]6/ Israel is the bride of God: Isaiah 54:5-6, Jer. 2:2, Eze. 16:32, Hosea 1:2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] Christians are the bride of Christ: Isaiah 62:4-5, 2 Cor. 11:2, Ephesians 5:29-32[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]7/ Israel is the vine and the olive tree: Isaiah 5:7, Hosea 9:10, Hosea 14:6-7[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] Christians are the vine and the olive: Luke 20:16, Romans 11:24[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]8/ Israelites are the circumcised: Genesis 17:9-14, Judges 15:18[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] Christians are the ‘circumcised’: Romans 2:25-29, Phil. 3:3, Col. 2:11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]9/ Israelites are the children of Abraham: [/SIZE] 2 Chron. 20:7, Psalm 105:5-6, Isa. 41:8
[SIZE=11pt] Christians are the spiritual children of Abraham: Rom. 4:13-18, Gal. 3:7& 29, John 4:23[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]10/ The Covenant is with Israel: Deut. 4:31, 2 Kings 17:34-36, Psalm 105:7-10[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] The New[/SIZE] [SIZE=11pt]Covenant is with Christians: 1 Cor. 11:25, Hebrews 8:6-10, Eze. 34:25[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The above 10 proofs totally negate any argument that the Church and Israel are 2 separate entities. That premise is held and promoted by the pre-trib rapture exponents, who must have 2 groups; one removed to heaven, [themselves] and the Jews, [Israel] who remain on earth to face the Great Tribulation. The Jewish remnant eventually accept Jesus as Messiah. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The truth is proven by how it is true Christian believers of every nation and language, Rev. 7:9, who gather in the holy Land soon after the Sixth Seal judgement/punishment of the nations. Hab. 3:12 They will be assigned to an appropriate Israelite tribe, according to each family’s characteristics. Then the 144,000 will be selected, 12,000 from each tribe, to go out and proclaim the coming Kingdom of Jesus. Rev 14:1-7, Isa 66:19[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]This new nation in the Middle East, will be called Beulah; Isaiah 62:1-5 They will live in peace and prosperity and when a large army comes down from the North, God will destroy them. Ezekiel 38-39, Joel 2:20[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Sometime later, the President of the One World Government will come to Beulah and convince ‘many’ of them to sign a seven year treaty of peace. Daniel 11:27, Isaiah 28:14-15 This marks the commencement of the final seven years of this age and is the 70[/SIZE]th year of Daniel 9:24, then at the mid-point, the O.W.G. dictator will invade and conquer Beulah. Zech. 14:1-2, Daniel 11:30-32, which triggers the Great Tribulation of the seven Trumpet and seven Bowl punishments. Rev. 12:7-13 But those Israelites who ‘faithful to their God’, will be taken to a place of safety, as described in Revelation 12:14. Then at the Return of Jesus, those faithful ones, the righteous ‘woman’ of Israel will experience a ‘rapture’ as they are gathered by the Lord’s angels ‘from the four winds’. Matthew 24:31 They will join the resurrected saints and will enjoy the great blessings of the Millennium. Isaiah 65:17-25 [78 scriptures quoted]

Didn't think you did know.
What you've done above is eisegete, not show that your POV is supported in scripture. It doesn't really matter WHAT or how much you've written, if it is based on a false premise, it is ALL wrong.
I can't really show someone the truth that they refuse to see based on THEIR presumptions.
The book of Acts clearly shows the CHURCH and ISRAEL are two SEPARATE entities under God. You obviously advocate a form of Remnant theology, with a bit of Replacement Theology thrown in for good measure, which is NOT supported in scripture, based on sound hermeneutical exegesis. That Hebrews teaches the OC became obsolete and that Paul taught the LAW was not God's plan under the NC, spiritual Israel ONLY exists as far as it is part of the over arching Body of Christ, under the NC.
I personally don't subscribe to any of these distinct theologies, but do believe God WILL honour both his covenants to those who were under each, thus making two separate dispensations.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
Marcus has by now discarded 90% of the Bible as unsuitable for his beliefs. His opinion is as worthless as a warm icey-pole.
With your track record on credibility on Bible exegesis, your personal attack is noted and it is completely worthless as a true judgment.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marcus O'Reillius said:
Do you agree that the Wrath of God is going to fall on the Church then as it does onto Israel in the OT?
No. In my opinion, the difference between the Israel of the OT and the NT Israel is that Christ is the perfect Israel (Matthew 2:15). He succeeded in fulfilling the law where national Israel failed and those who are "in Christ" (and thus, in true Israel), are imputed the righteousness of God in Christ by grace and apart from Law. It was Israel's failure to keep the Law that brought God's wrath. However, in the new covenant in Christ, we receive a righteousness by grace, apart from Law.

I do think there is danger for those who are part of the Church to fall from faith and incur the wrath of God. However, those who are in Christ are under grace and are free from the law of sin and death.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
keras said:
ATP, Do you agree that Revelation 7:1-8 happens on earth? Read verses 1-3 carefully; that is an earthly scene for the selection of the 144,000.

Rev 7:9 After this, I looked and saw a great multitude .....standing before the Throne.....in white robes and holding palm branches.
There doesn't seem to be a change of venue here, unless because of wrong teaching, it must be construed to be somewhere else. Palm branches in heaven? Maybe, but more likely on earth.
Yes I do agree the 144,000 happens on earth. There does seem to be a change of venue. The angels, 24 elders and four living creatures are in heaven...

Rev 4:1-2 NIV After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” 2At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it.

Rev 14:2-3 NIV And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.

Rev 19:1-4 NIV After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: "Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, 2 for true and just are his judgments. He has condemned the great prostitute who corrupted the earth by her adulteries. He has avenged on her the blood of his servants." 3 And again they shouted: "Hallelujah! The smoke from her goes up for ever and ever." 4 The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne. And they cried: "Amen, Hallelujah!"

keras said:
Marcus has been biblically accurate so far. You? I don't really know what you're doing. You see the church and Israel as the same, and I think that is distorting your view.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What I am doing is the task of a messenger, to point out the truth of the Prophetic Word. My name means messenger or herald in Hebrew and Greek.
If what I post doesn't suit your beliefs, then it's your prerogative to disagree, but I have done my job and for all who hold to false teachings, only as the end time events unfold, will understanding come.

See you in the Holy Land; THATS going to be interesting!

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keras said:
My name means messenger or herald in Hebrew and Greek.
Every time I check your declarative statements about meaning, you're consistently wrong.

Sorry, you are deluded; your name literally cannot mean the same thing in those two, very different languages.

Your name is not malak or even related to that - so your name doesn't mean that in the Hebrew.

When we look at how "messenger" is conveyed in the Greek, we get aggelos, or one time the NT authors use apostolos.

Your name does not mean messenger or herald in Hebrew and Greek.

While you can find an obscure reference in the Greek for keryx being a messenger, that coincidence of wording does not denote special diagnostic evidence bestowing upon you as being God's messenger.

No, you're just delusional.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wormwood said:
No. In my opinion, the difference between the Israel of the OT and the NT Israel is that Christ is the perfect Israel (Matthew 2:15). He succeeded in fulfilling the law where national Israel failed and those who are "in Christ" (and thus, in true Israel), are imputed the righteousness of God in Christ by grace and apart from Law. It was Israel's failure to keep the Law that brought God's wrath. However, in the new covenant in Christ, we receive a righteousness by grace, apart from Law.

I do think there is danger for those who are part of the Church to fall from faith and incur the wrath of God. However, those who are in Christ are under grace and are free from the law of sin and death.
Well, Israel has continued to fail, and the OT prophecies about Israel incurring the Wrath of God on the Day of the Lord separates them from the spiritual Israel of the Church.

Likewise, I agree that people can fall from faith. There is a distinct undercurrent in Paul's addresses to the Church which points to not all being truly saved. Likewise, foolish virgins can toe the line right up to the end, and slip up at the last minute, and so also be excluded from the marriage feast of the Lamb.

Because of the fact that Israel and the Church are separate now, but will be united later; I favor a progressive dispensational view of end-time prophecy concerning "Israel".