• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you don't seem to be able to understand what Jesus was saying in the Bread of Life Discourse - I'll approach it another way.

In John 6:66 - many of his disciples LEFT Him that day and returned to their former way of life because they couldn't handle what Jesus was telling them. Jesus didn't stop them - didn't even try to correct what they were thinking.
He just turned to the Twelve and said:
John 6:67
“Do you also want to leave?”

1. WHY did they abandon Him and leave His ministry?
2. WHY did He NOT explain that He was only speaking "symbolically"?
3. WHY did He NOT explain to the Apostles after the crowd left - as He ALWAYS did - what He "really" meant?
I always found that very interesting .
That sadly they did walk away from him . And if notice what does john call an anti christ . I always found it interesting
that if was john chapter SIX verse SIXTY SIXTY .
But let us all heed the warning peter gave . SEEING YE KNOW these things (so you know he is talking to believers )
take HEED lest YOU ALSO be led away with the ERROR of the wicked and FALL from your own steadfastness .
Lambs better continue in JESUS . They better heed the Spirit and not the flesh .
For as pual says , exhort one another daily lest ANY does become hardened through the decietfulness of sin .
They are many warnings in the bible .
SO i leave us with this last one FROM JESUS himself .
BUT he or she who endures TO THE END the same shall be saved . ENDURE to the end . HE is with the lambs but we better HEED and FOLLLOW
HIM . For who we obey IS whose we are .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, how do you know Mary said stuff other than what she said in the Bible? Is there a book of someone hearing her?
Mary believed in the tings Her Son taught.

She was told about Him by the Angel.
She was there the entire time.
She was the catalyst for His first public miracle.
She was there at the cross.
She was there at Pentecost.
What makes YOU think that she stopped believing in Him??

How do YOU know that the Temple was destroyed by the Romans around the year 70AD?
That's not in the Bible, either . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always found that very interesting .
That sadly they did walk away from him . And if notice what does john call an anti christ . I always found it interesting
that if was john chapter SIX verse SIXTY SIXTY .
But let us all heed the warning peter gave . SEEING YE KNOW these things (so you know he is talking to believers )
take HEED lest YOU ALSO be led away with the ERROR of the wicked and FALL from your own steadfastness .
Lambs better continue in JESUS . They better heed the Spirit and not the flesh .
For as pual says , exhort one another daily lest ANY does become hardened through the decietfulness of sin .
They are many warnings in the bible .
SO i leave us with this last one FROM JESUS himself .
BUT he or she who endures TO THE END the same shall be saved . ENDURE to the end . HE is with the lambs but we better HEED and FOLLLOW
HIM . For who we obey IS whose we are .
That's very nice - but it doesn't address anything I asked about John 6:66-67.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The remitting and retaining of sins has to do with church correction .
Paul often delivered some over to destruction of the flesh .
And james speaks about if one is sick and has committed sins , the prayer of faith shall save them and if they have comitted sins
they shall be forgiven . Pray ye one for another that ye may be healed .
Ps , not everytime one is sick the cause is sins , however often it can be .
Ephraphrus was sick , nigh unto death , for the work of JESUS . So it aint always due to sin .
But the remitting and retaining of sins , that was to be used for church correction .
Paul even delievered hymenaues and philetus over to satan , SO that they would LEARN not to blaspheme .
And i dont know what was done to the man at corinth . BUT it sure led him to repentance .
cause by the next letter paul was telling them to welcome him back in . Its for the correction of the church .

Reactions: BarneyFife

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One last thing . never pray to saints , to angels or any other . PRAY TO GOD in JESUS name , all else is blasphemy . JUST saying .

Reactions: BarneyFife

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's very nice - but it doesn't address anything I asked about John 6:66-67.
No . but it was nice .

Ps . i noticed this a lot in the bible .
JESUS didnt pander to men to win men . IF they rejected HIM , HE moved on .
Look atwhat he tells his own desciples .
They came to him and said , BUT LORD , dont you know that saying OFFENDED THEM .
DID JESUS say , hey peter , woah i was a bit rough , why dont you go ask them what I can do to get them to beleive in me .
NOPE .
HE said this , LEAVE THEM BE , they BLIND leaders of the blind , EVERY plant my Father has not planted willl be
ROOTED UP , as in DESTROYED .
ALL we need to do is speak truth . IF folks do not like the truth of the glorious gosple , MOVE ON
even shaking the dust off as a testimony against them .
I got bad news , that seeker friendly hype stuff , KILLED what was left of many churches . if we fish for men
with wordly bait , we catch only wordly fish .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now lets preach the real gosple . Whoever comes amen and whoever rejects its on them .
But never water down truth to catch men , for those fish will be cast out at the end .
Preach JESUS and all HIS sayings and the teachings of the apostels . GOD will add to the church who will be saved .
ALL we need to do is sound out the truth .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I better head out to work now . BUT let all praise and rejoice in the GLORIOUS LORD and be reading those bibles daily .
For the scriptures do indeed make one wise unto salvation , THROUGH our faith in CHRIST . Feast on them beautfiful holy words in that bible .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you're just being purposely obtuse because you can't argue the point.
And as usual, your arrogance is shown that you are unable to discuss anything without these foolish comments

you can’t understand is not my problem. I argued the point and showed passages which prove my point.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you don't seem to be able to understand what Jesus was saying in the Bread of Life Discourse - I'll approach it another way.

In John 6:66 - many of his disciples LEFT Him that day and returned to their former way of life because they couldn't handle what Jesus was telling them. Jesus didn't stop them - didn't even try to correct what they were thinking.
He just turned to the Twelve and said:
John 6:67
“Do you also want to leave?”

1. WHY did they abandon Him and leave His ministry?
2. WHY did He NOT explain that He was only speaking "symbolically"?
3. WHY did He NOT explain to the Apostles after the crowd left - as He ALWAYS did - what He "really" meant?

1. Jesus answered your question

John 6:36 (NKJV): But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe.

John 6:64 (NKJV): But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.

jesus knew before he started to talk to them who did not believe. They never believed as Jesus said.

John 6:26 (NKJV): Jesus answered them and said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled.

they were not believers they wanted a free handout

2. he did

John 6:61–63 (NKJV): When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you? 62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before? 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

The flesh prophets nothing it is the words which give life

3. he did not have to. They already understood

John 6:68–69 (NKJV): But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

they understood it is the WORDS of eternal life which were given that gave them life. Even if they did not understand completely. He did not have to explain it to them

now. When are you going to answer why you keep eating food and keep hungering and thirsting that Jesus said you could eat and never die hunger or thirst. Even a child should understand something is wrong with that picture. And question why it does not give what Jesus promised

Reactions: amigo de christo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Catholicism, is a deception.
Now, for the benefit of the deceived Catholic, who yesterday, on my "Jesus isn't a Catholic" Thread, posted that """"EVERYBODY in Heaven besides God and the angels is Catholic"""" . . .... So, I wanted to write a Thread dedicated to this false idea.
-------

The Catholic religion is based on the worship of Mary, and it includes the heresy of "water baptism" = Salvation. (Baptismal Regeneration).
It also includes the bizarre demonic idea that "Priests" have the power to change a cookie and juice into the literal body and blood of Jesus.
Catholics will be found as all cultists are found, totally obsessed with their cult's doctrine.
Catholics will be found trying to work their way into heaven.

For the benefit of the deceived Catholics who will read this Thread there are 5 things you need to know.

1. The Pope is not God's mouth, as found on earth.
2. Mary is no longer a Virgin.
3. Mary is not the Queen of Heaven
4. Water Baptism, Sprinkling, and confirmation, did not save you, and cannot.
5. There is no Literal Blood in that Cup that you drink every week.
6. Confessing your sins to a priest, is not going to get rid of them, and doing penance for them, also cannot get rid of them.

Now, the reason there are no Catholics in Heaven, is because there are no denominations in heaven.
1.) All denominations are man made religious products.
2.) The Body of Christ is a God/Cross/Blood of Jesus created Living Spirituality that exists as God's temple of the Holy Spirit, with each of us being a Spiritual part of the whole Body of Christ.

These 2 are NOT the Same.

So, just as you will never find a Lost Catholic in heaven, you will never find a Baptist, or a Mormon, or a Assembly of God or a Methodist, or whatever your denomination happens to be., it wont be found in Heaven.

What will be found in Heaven? God, Christ, The Host of Heaven, and All the Born Again.
Hi Behold,

You have an interesting theory that we will never find a person who belongs to a denomination in Heaven.

How do you know this?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Now, for the benefit of the deceived Catholic, who yesterday, on my "Jesus isn't a Catholic" Thread, posted that """"EVERYBODY in Heaven besides God and the angels is Catholic"""" . . .... So, I wanted to write a Thread dedicated to this false idea.
-------

The Catholic religion is based on the worship of Mary, and it includes the heresy of "water baptism" = Salvation. (Baptismal Regeneration).
It also includes the bizarre demonic idea that "Priests" have the power to change a cookie and juice into the literal body and blood of Jesus.
Catholics will be found as all cultists are found, totally obsessed with their cult's doctrine.

For the benefit of the deceived Catholics who will read this Thread there are 5 things you need to know.

6. Confessing your sins to a priest, is not going to get rid of them, and doing penance for them, also cannot get rid of them.

Now, the reason there are no Catholics in Heaven, is because there are no denominations in heaven.
2.) The Body of Christ is a God/Cross/Blood of Jesus created Living Spirituality that exists as God's temple of the Holy Spirit, with each of us being a Spiritual part of the whole Body of Christ.

So, just as you will never find a Lost Catholic in heaven, you will never find a Baptist, or a Mormon, or a Assembly of God or a Methodist, or whatever your denomination happens to be., it wont be found in Heaven.

What will be found in Heaven? God, Christ, The Host of Heaven, and All the Born Again.
If we will never find a person who belongs to a denomination in Heaven why is the title of this thread "There are no Catholics in Heaven"?

If we will never find a person who belongs to a denomination in Heaven then why did you say that "Catholicism, is a deception."? Based on your statements wouldn't all denominations be a deception?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
-------

If a born again Christian believes in the Real Presence will they go to Heaven?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the same passage as Acts 2:38, Peter said "save yourself".
It does not mean what you say. We cannot
John 20:23

Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
It does not mean what you say. We cannot forgive someone's sins in God's stead. As has been stated in great detail in another member's post, John 20:23 addresses church discipline, not general atonement

I'll leave the arguing to those who enjoy engaging in futility. Conviction is best served by the Holy Ghost. And those who are convinced of error will not hear His voice.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The remitting and retaining of sins has to do with church correction .
Paul often delivered some over to destruction of the flesh .
And james speaks about if one is sick and has committed sins , the prayer of faith shall save them and if they have comitted sins
they shall be forgiven . Pray ye one for another that ye may be healed .
Ps , not everytime one is sick the cause is sins , however often it can be .
Ephraphrus was sick , nigh unto death , for the work of JESUS . So it aint always due to sin .
But the remitting and retaining of sins , that was to be used for church correction .
Paul even delievered hymenaues and philetus over to satan , SO that they would LEARN not to blaspheme .
And i dont know what was done to the man at corinth . BUT it sure led him to repentance .
cause by the next letter paul was telling them to welcome him back in . Its for the correction of the church .
The practice of telling our sins directly to the Church is based in Scripture. Three times in the Gospels (Matt. 16:19, 18:18 and John 20:23), we read where Jesus gave the Apostles the power to forgive sins or to hold them bound. This is not a something that Jesus took lightly.
In John 20:21-23, Jesus (who is God) breathes on the Apostles as he is giving them this power:

(Jesus) said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you."
And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained."

The fact that Jesus breathed on the Apostles when entrusted them with this ministry is highly significant because he doesn’t do this anywhere else in the New Testament. In fact, there are only two times in ALL of Scripture where God breathes on man:
The first is when he breathed life into Adam.
The second is here in John’s Gospel when he is giving them the power to forgive or retain sins.

Paul makes no small case for this Ministry of Reconciliation in 2 Cor. 5:18-20:

“And all this is from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Christ and given US the ministry of reconciliation, namely, God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting their trespasses against them and entrusting to US the message of reconciliation. So WE are ambassadors for Christ, as if God were appealing through US. WE implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.”

In 2 Cor. 2:10, he states, “Whomever you forgive anything, so do I. For indeed what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for you in the presence of Christ

The Greek word used here for “Presence” is “Prosopone”, which means “PERSON. Paul was forgiving sins in the PERSON of Christ.
In Latin, this term is called In Persona Christi. In other words – with the full Authority of Christ in His name, per John 20:21-23.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 6:68–69 (NKJV): But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

What are the words of eternal life that Peter is referring to?

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The practice of telling our sins directly to the Church is based in Scripture. Three times in the Gospels (Matt. 16:19, 18:18 and John 20:23), we read where Jesus gave the Apostles the power to forgive sins or to hold them bound. This is not a something that Jesus took lightly.
In John 20:21-23, Jesus (who is God) breathes on the Apostles as he is giving them this power:

(Jesus) said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you."
And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained."

The fact that Jesus breathed on the Apostles when entrusted them with this ministry is highly significant because he doesn’t do this anywhere else in the New Testament. In fact, there are only two times in ALL of Scripture where God breathes on man:
The first is when he breathed life into Adam.
The second is here in John’s Gospel when he is giving them the power to forgive or retain sins.

Paul makes no small case for this Ministry of Reconciliation in 2 Cor. 5:18-20:

“And all this is from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Christ and given US the ministry of reconciliation, namely, God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting their trespasses against them and entrusting to US the message of reconciliation. So WE are ambassadors for Christ, as if God were appealing through US. WE implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.”

In 2 Cor. 2:10, he states, “Whomever you forgive anything, so do I. For indeed what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for you in the presence of Christ

The Greek word used here for “Presence” is “Prosopone”, which means “PERSON. Paul was forgiving sins in the PERSON of Christ.
In Latin, this term is called In Persona Christi. In other words – with the full Authority of Christ in His name, per John 20:21-23.
It is impossible to explain, with intellect alone, the biblical Sacrament of Reconciliation to Christians who have abolished the sacrificial New Testament Priesthood.

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is a "Real Presence?"
The opposite of Real Absence.

There are other hungers- for love, for immortality for life, for affection, for being cared, for forgiveness, for mercy. This hunger can be satiated only by the bread that comes from above. Jesus himself is the living bread that gives life to the world (John 6:51). His body offered for our sake on the cross, his blood shed for the pardon of the sins of humanity is made available to us in the bread and wine to the Eucharist transformed in the consecration.

But the Eucharist does not end with the partaking of the bread and blood of the Lord. It leads us to solidarity with others. The communion with the Lord is necessarily a communion with our fellow brothers and sisters. And therefore the one who is fed and nourished by the very body and blood of Christ cannot remain unaffected when he sees his brothers suffering want and hunger.

Therefore the Eucharistic Celebration is much more than simple banquet: it is exactly the memorial of Jesus’ Paschal Sacrifice, the mystery at the centre of salvation. “Memorial” does not simply mean a remembrance, a mere memory; it means that every time we celebrate this Sacrament we participate in the mystery of the passion, death and resurrection of Christ. The Eucharist is the summit of God’s saving action: the Lord Jesus, by becoming bread broken for us, pours upon us all of his mercy and his love, so as to renew our hearts, our lives and our way of relating with him and with the brethren. . . . the bread that is the Body of Jesus Christ who saves us, forgives us, unites us to the Father.

In the Eucharist Jesus does not give just any bread, but the bread of eternal life, he gives Himself, offering Himself to the Father out of love for us.

The Eucharist is Jesus who gives himself entirely to us. To nourish ourselves with him and abide in him through Holy Communion, if we do it with faith, transforms our life into a gift to God and to our brothers… eating him, we become like him. . . . [the Eucharist] is not a private prayer or a beautiful spiritual experience . . . it is a memorial, namely, a gesture that actualizes and makes present the event of the death and resurrection of Jesus: the bread is truly his Body given, the wine is truly is Blood poured out.

It’s not just a memory, no, it’s more: It’s making present what happened twenty centuries ago. . . . This is Mass: entering in this Passion, Death, Resurrection, and Ascension of Jesus, and when we go to Mass, it is as if we go to Calvary. Now imagine if we went to Calvary—using our imagination—in that moment, knowing that that man there is Jesus. Would we dare to chit-chat, take pictures, make a little scene? No! Because it’s Jesus! We would surely be in silence, in tears, and in the joy of being saved…
Mass is experiencing Calvary, it’s not a show.
Pope Francis

Status
Not open for further replies.