• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Jesus answered your question

John 6:36 (NKJV): But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe.

John 6:64 (NKJV): But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.

jesus knew before he started to talk to them who did not believe. They never believed as Jesus said.

John 6:26 (NKJV): Jesus answered them and said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled.

they were not believers they wanted a free handout

2. he did

John 6:61–63 (NKJV): When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you? 62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before? 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

The flesh prophets nothing it is the words which give life

3. he did not have to. They already understood

John 6:68–69 (NKJV): But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

they understood it is the WORDS of eternal life which were given that gave them life. Even if they did not understand completely. He did not have to explain it to them

now. When are you going to answer why you keep eating food and keep hungering and thirsting that Jesus said you could eat and never die hunger or thirst. Even a child should understand something is wrong with that picture. And question why it does not give what Jesus promised
Your answers are ridiculous.

1. They abandoned Him because they COULDN'T believe.
They thought that they would have to eat the flesh off of His bones - and they grumbled about it (John 6:52, 61). they walked away because they thought He was insane.

2. "63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life."
Since WHEN does HIS flesh profit "nothing"?? It profits us EVERYTHING because without the sacrifice of His flesh - we cannot be saved.
Jesus wasn't talking about HIS flesh - he was talking about THEM thinking with fleshly, carnal minds instead of having the faith to listen to him and believe.

He wasn't talking about chewing on His arm or leg. That's what THEY were thinking. He was talking about consuming Him SACRAMENTALLY. And at the Last supper - He showed His Apostles what He was talking about because they DIDN'T walk away.

YOUR understanding of "The flesh profits nothing" is perverse . . .

The apostles had NO idea what Jesus was talking about. They stayed because they TRUSTED Him.
John 6:68-69
Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God.”

Little did they know that they would get that answer at the Last Supper when Jesus said:
"This IS my body", and, "This IS my blood" . . .

Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I DID NOT KNOW THIS WHEN I WAS A CATHOLIC.........

Eph.2;

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

SURE WISH I KNEW THIS,,, WHEN I WAS CATHOLIC..........................

WONDER HOW MANY KNOW IT NOW .>>>>>???????????????????????????
very true, only by God's grace will you be saved. But, it does state that you can lose that state of grace by doing evil. That's why St James says, faith without works is dead and the Martin Luther's cannon originally excluded St James from the Bible. his followers added it back. Doing evil is doing bad works. Doing good is doing good works.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is impossible to explain, with intellect alone, the biblical Sacrament of Reconciliation to Christians who have abolished the sacrificial New Testament Priesthood.
You could easily explain it if it could be found in Gods word, and if it agreed with what god said concerning justification and redemption (the forgiveness of sin)

but since you can not, all we have is the word of some man who calls himself Gods vicar or whatever you call him that made up this teaching

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your answers are ridiculous.

1. They abandoned Him because they COULDN'T believe.
They thought that they would have to eat the flesh off of His bones - and they grumbled about it (John 6:52, 61). they walked away because they thought He was insane.

2. "63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life."
Since WHEN does HIS flesh profit "nothing"?? It profits us EVERYTHING because without the sacrifice of His flesh - we cannot be saved.
Jesus wasn't talking about HIS flesh - he was talking about THEM thinking with fleshly, carnal minds instead of having the faith to listen to him and believe.

He wasn't talking about chewing on His arm or leg. That's what THEY were thinking. He was talking about consuming Him SACRAMENTALLY. And at the Last supper - He showed His Apostles what He was talking about because they DIDN'T walk away.

YOUR understanding of "The flesh profits nothing" is perverse . . .

The apostles had NO idea what Jesus was talking about. They stayed because they TRUSTED Him.
John 6:68-69
Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God.”

Little did they know that they would get that answer at the Last Supper when Jesus said:
"This IS my body", and, "This IS my blood" . . .
This answer is ridiculous

as is our discussions

Believe what you want, you still have not answered why Jesus promised eternal life to ALL who eat, and told them NOT to,seek,food which perishes, (that you eat weekly) and you call my answers ridiculous

good day sir,

Status
Not open for further replies.