...they follow the lamb wherever he goes...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
...they follow the lamb wherever he goes... Revelation 14:4
how would you understand this?....don't answer too quickly

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To understand the meaning wouldn't you need to read the full passage and not just a small part of a verse?

Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. 5 No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless. Revelation 14:1-5

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To understand the meaning wouldn't you need to read the full passage and not just a small part of a verse?

Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. 5 No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless. Revelation 14:1-5
does it matter and if so why?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those anointed Christians do sir, wherever their Lord and Master goes, there they will be also. Verse 3 shows how they even leave the earth to reside with him in heaven.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those anointed Christians do sir, wherever their Lord and Master goes, there they will be also. Verse 3 shows how they even leave the earth to reside with him in heaven.
The passage says they are all virgins.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QT: They => all the saints, those who are saved, those who are faithful to Christ and do not worship other gods or idols of whatever kind from self or of the world. They are all redeemed AND saved.

They follow the lamb wherever he goes => because they cannot help it. They are being like/as the lamb/Christ in their lives. They carry their cross as Christ. They separate from family and friends if necessary for Christ's sake. They, if required and necessary for Christ's sake, will lay down their lives for others. They produce the fruit(s) of the Spirit as Christ did. They follow Christ because they have the spirit of Christ within them.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe not but a pure and undefiled in spirit.
so its metaphor?....We can then look at the rest of the description as metaphor also I think. The question is, what is it a metaphor for or of?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
so its metaphor?....We can then look at the rest of the description as metaphor also I think. The question is, what is it a metaphor for or of?
I've no idea. I'm not clever enough to debate that.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think you are Pearl ...and you can do it; I believe in you.....ohhh, and its not about debate; it's about discovery :)
I join in with threads only to have somebody make me feel stupid or out of my depth so I tend to try to stay away from the 'deep' stuff. Perhaps I need another cup of coffee. :)

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I join in with threads only to have somebody make me feel stupid or out of my depth so I tend to try to stay away from the 'deep' stuff. Perhaps I need another cup of coffee. :)
Oh Pearl, don't underestimate yourself....you are far from stupid....you are the King's precious Princess and when you ask, he will show you.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Corinthians 11:2 helps (I think) in asking who was Paul speaking to where he said “that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.” Was he speaking in a sexual content?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but virgins from what maam?

I get the question wasn’t to me but it is said so often “the ones who have not been defiled with women”

but considering “that I might present you a pure virgin in Christ” …pure in Christ is the the only way I can think of “not defiled”.

you asked virgins from what? just important as “pure among women” is “And no lie was found in their mouth; they are blameless.”

1)first fruits to God and the Lamb (present you a pure virgin to Christ)
2)purchased
3)blameless

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We are ALL out of our depth. We are ALL stupid when it comes to God. The stupidest are those who don’t realize it and don’t see any of the spirit of the words, yet think they can instruct others.

Concerning the 144k virgins, I agree God was not talking about sex. It’s like when Paul said, was God thinking only about oxen when He said this? Or when he talked about the verse on two becoming one and said it was a mystery but was an illustration of Christ and the church.