They will reign with Him a thousand years and making an unknown Greek out of the English New Testament

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see it that way.

Romans 8
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who has subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors in pain together until now.

God gave Adam dominion over all his creation on earth before Adam sinned and began to die. Why would God have given Adam dominion over something that was meant to be temporary?
I've always considered myself to be part of this creation. So when Paul speaks about the futility of this creation, I would include myself in that. And so, in whatever way God releases creation from the bondage of corruption, won't he release me from that same bondage? And what will that look like?

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Since Luke is recording Jesus' statement after he was resurrected, he speaks of his resurrected body when he says, ". . . a spirit has neither flesh or bones as you see that I have." Can't we conclude, therefore, that a resurrected body has flesh and bones? Maybe so.

But since I remain open minded about this, I am compelled to mention what Paul said about our inheritance. Didn't he say that flesh and bones cannot inherit the kingdom of God? There is more to this than meets the eye, I think. Perhaps a resurrection body isn't corporeal. I haven't decided yet. But given what Jesus said, we can definitely conclude that a resurrection body is both tangible and recognizable.
FLESH AND BLOOD:

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit (o. pneuma) is spirit. (o. pneuma)" John 3:6

"And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed are you, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood has not revealed it unto you, but my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 16:17

"But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus." Galatians 1:15-17

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12

"Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage." Hebrews 2:14

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither does corruption inherit incorruption." 1 Corinthians 15:50.

It has to die and then rise again from the dead:

"It is sown a body, natural [Greek: sōma psychikós], it is raised a body, spiritual [sōma pneumatikós]. There is a body, natural [sōma psychikós], and there is a body, spiritual [sōma pneumatikós]." 1 Corinthians 15:44.

"For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." 1 Corinthians 15:50.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though we rise from the dead in the resurrection of our bodies we will never ascend into heaven the way the Son of God has, who also descended from heaven.

In Him we are already ascended, and He will come down again in the clouds and take us up when we have been resurrected bodily, but how far "up" we get taken before coming back to live and reign with Him on earth is not even mentioned, unless we add it into the statement,

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there all of you may be also." (John 14:3).

Though I'm not too sure about adding it to that statement in a physical sense either because Jesus qualified it with,

"And where I go all of you know, and the way all of you know.​

Thomas says unto him, Lord, we know not where you go; and how can we know the way? Jesus says unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me.

If all of you had known me, all of you should have known my Father also: and from henceforth all of you know him, and have seen him.

Philip says unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it satisfies us. Jesus says unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet have you not known me, Philip? he that has seen me has seen the Father; and how say you then, Show us the Father?

It seems to me Jesus is talking more about the indwelling of His Spirit:

"At that day all of you shall know that I am in my Father, and all of you in me, and I in you. He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." John 14:20-21

All of that goes with us being seated with Him where He is after having been raised with Him, at the time we were quickened with Him through birth by the Spirit.
Good point about our destination. I think it is safe to say that we will be taken up into the clouds. But I am also reminded of Revelation 15 where we are pictured standing on a sea of glass. I realize this is a picture image, but it is striking how different that is from floating in clouds. I don't have a point other than to make that observation.

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I've always considered myself to be part of this creation. So when Paul speaks about the futility of this creation, I would include myself in that. And so, in whatever way God releases creation from the bondage of corruption, won't he release me from that same bondage? And what will that look like?
Adam is creature. he was given dominion over God's creation. So whether rightly or wrongly, I read into Paul's statement in Romans 8 that the creation became subject to the same futility of Adam because of Adam's sin, and is therefore subject to the same hope as Adam. Notice how the passage links our resurrection to what it's saying:

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waits for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who has subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the first-fruits of the Spirit, (o. pneuma) even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to know, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man sees, why does he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Good point about our destination. I think it is safe to say that we will be taken up into the clouds. But I am also reminded of Revelation 15 where we are pictured standing on a sea of glass. I realize this is a picture image, but it is striking how different that is from floating in clouds. I don't have a point other than to make that observation.
Sea of glass: And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: Revelation 4:6

Four beasts:
4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits (o. pneuma) of God.

Sea of glass: And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had got the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. John 15:2

IF we link the fire to the great tribulation the saints of all nations, tribes and tongues had come out of (Revelation 7:14) and to the beast's war against the saints (Revelation 13:7), then we can understand that the sea of glass is referring to the multitudes of peoples on the earth, which is crystal clear and not hidden in any way from God. It's a sea of glass:

Revelation 7 (notice how the four beats are mentioned in verse 11):

9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and families, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, you know. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sits on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

But I'm just speculating, of course.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I don't understand what a "spiritual" existence will be like. When Jesus was resurrected, he denied being a ghost or a spirit.
I do not think that Jesus raised body is any indication of what our spiritual body will be. 1 John 3:2 seems to me to say just that. Jesus' raised body was not a spiritual body, but rather was the old body brought back to life. I think that was the point He was making with Thomas. In that, He was similar to Lazarus who was raised from the dead. He was not glorified in that physical body, but rather in His ascended body.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, our physical bodies, yes. We go ~ our spirit goes ~ home to be with Jesus... believers, of course... and wait for Christ's return (and ours with Him), and to be reunited with our re-constituted physical bodies, yes. This is what we sometimes call the intermediate state. And unbelievers go... somewhere else... But in this sense, yes, then we are made completely new, as God says He is doing with all things in Revelation 21:5... He is making all things new (not "making all new things"). :) That's a very important distinction. :)

Grace and peace to you, Hobie.
If we are in heaven then what need do we have of Christ, we circumvent Him and have no need of Him to redeem us..

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam is creature. he was given dominion over God's creation. So whether rightly or wrongly, I read into Paul's statement in Romans 8 that the creation became subject to the same futility of Adam because of Adam's sin, and is therefore subject to the same hope as Adam. Notice how the passage links our resurrection to what it's saying:

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waits for the manifestation of the sons of God.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the first-fruits of the Spirit, (o. pneuma) even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to know, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man sees, why does he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
I don't agree with this translation. The word "creature" in this context makes no sense. And it was God, not Adam who subjected the creation to futility.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are in heaven then what need do we have of Christ, we circumvent Him and have no need of Him to redeem us..
Well, we have no need to be… “re-redeemed.” :) Regardless where we are at any point in time, if we are not in Christ, we have no standing before the Father. In which case we… wouldn’t be in heaven at all; we would never get there. Think I would point you to Ephesians 2:4-10 here, among other passages…

Grace and peace to you, Hobie.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
* This is the first "the resurrection" (o anastasis). Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. The second death has no authority over these, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him a thousand years." (Revelation 20:4-6)

According to the Amil view, here is how simple it really is, about Rev. 20:4-6.

Jesus Himself IS THE First resurrection, of which is plainly described of Him being "The FIRSTborn from the dead" [into "a NEW creature"].
"BLESSED and HOLY is he that HAS PART [now, while they have breath] IN the FIRST resurrection [who is Jesus]...."

All born again Christians, since Pentecost, ARE " PARTAKERS of the Divine nature", by having received the Gift of God's Holy Spirit, through faith in the shed blood of Christ, for the forgiveness and removal of sins. John 3:3-8.

The figurative one thousand years began at the Cross of Jesus, and is referencing the Age of God's Grace, through Christ, in which God Himself has set NO time limit on, until HE ALONE determines WHEN it shall end.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb and APAK

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Jesus Himself IS THE First resurrection, of which is plainly described of Him being "The FIRSTborn from the dead" [into "a NEW creature"].
"BLESSED and HOLY is he that HAS PART IN the FIRST resurrection [who is Jesus]...."

All born again Christians, since Pentecost, ARE "partakers of the Divine nature", by having received the Gift of God's Holy Spirit, through faith in the shed blood of Christ, for the forgiveness and removal of sins. John 3:3-8.
The figurative one thousand years began at the Cross of Jesus, and is referencing the Age of God's Grace, through Christ, in which God Himself has set NO time limit on, until HE ALONE determines WHEN it shall end.
We know what the Amil view is :)

You haven't addressed the scriptural problems with the Amil view mentioned in the OP.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I don't agree with this translation. The word "creature" in this context makes no sense. And it was God, not Adam who subjected the creation to futility.
Yes it was God who subjected the creation to futility.

Adam - mankind - are created beings. Creature. Adam was created in the image and likeness of God and given dominion over God's creation.

So whatever the reason is for God giving the creation over to futility/corruption, the creation itself will not be delivered from it until the resurrection of the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve (even though Christ, the last Adam and the Son of man, has already delivered all creation from that bondage through His death and resurrection):

"But each in his own order: Christ the first-fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then comes the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he has put all enemies under his feet." -- 1 Corinthians 15:23-25.​

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Testament was not written in English. It was written in Greek (though many Christians make Greek out of what the New Testament says in English).

Note that the fact that people being killed specifically for refusing to worship the beast or his image, or receiving his mark or the number of his name, is mentioned only twice in the Revelation (Revelation 13:11-18 and Revelation 20:4), makes Revelation 20:4-6 a marker that indicates that Revelation chapter 20 follows Christ's destruction of the beast in the lake of fire (which we read about for the last time in Revelation 19:11-21).

"And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the Word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast nor his image, nor had received his mark on their foreheads, nor in their hands.
There are two groups described in verse 4 of chapter 20. It is not the souls of " who had not worshiped the beast nor his image, nor had received his mark on their foreheads, nor in their hands." It is just those who had not worshiped the beast..... The contrast here is between souls, i.e., the dead, and the living, The first group are dead, the second group are living.

A better translation is perhaps the ESV: Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

In that second group, "those who had not worshiped....", those is not the object of the preposition modifying souls. They came to life and reigned with Christ is describing living beings. John referred to such in John 5:24-25.

Joh 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
Joh 5:25 "Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

They are the Christians, regenerated and reigning with Christ even now.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"BLESSED and HOLY is he that HAS PART [now, while they have breath] IN the FIRST resurrection [who is Jesus]...."

All born again Christians, since Pentecost, ARE " PARTAKERS of the Divine nature", by having received the Gift of God's Holy Spirit, through faith in the shed blood of Christ, for the forgiveness and removal of sins. John 3:3-8.

No, that is not quite the Amil view. The first resurrection is that described by Jesus in John 5:24-25. It is the resurrection of the dead in trespasses and sins as described in several other passages in the NT, e.g., Romans 6:3-6; Ephesians 2:4-6; and Colossians 2:11-13.

Clearly it is they who have no fear of the second death.

Reactions: rwb

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Testament was not written in English. It was written in Greek (though many Christians make Greek out of what the New Testament says in English).

Note that the fact that people being killed specifically for refusing to worship the beast or his image, or receiving his mark or the number of his name, is mentioned only twice in the Revelation (Revelation 13:11-18 and Revelation 20:4), makes Revelation 20:4-6 a marker that indicates that Revelation chapter 20 follows Christ's destruction of the beast in the lake of fire (which we read about for the last time in Revelation 19:11-21).

"And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the Word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast nor his image, nor had received his mark on their foreheads, nor in their hands.

And they lived [záō]
and reigned with Christ * a thousand years. *

* This is the first "the resurrection" (o anastasis). Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. The second death has no authority over these, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him a thousand years." (Revelation 20:4-6)

* Linked with this passage are the thrones that John saw, and the judgment (in the sense of ruling as judges) given to the souls mentioned in Revelation 20:4-6.

Not one New Testament verse employing any of the words associated with The Resurrection (ho anástasis) is not talking about the resurrection of the body. Not one (list of verses to follow).

I agree that to be resurrected means being raised to life again physically. But what does it mean when we read of those who are dead in trespasses and sins, but not physically dead being raised to life again? (Eph 2:5-6) Why doesn't John say the souls he saw in heaven after they physically died were 'resurrected' from the dead? John writes only that they "have lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years" and were faithful unto death. How can John see souls alive after physical death who have not been physically resurrected? Isn't it because in life they had part in "the first resurrection" that is the physical resurrection of Christ?
Mankind was created to live on earth, in a body. We were not created to "go to heaven when we die and live forever in heaven". The Greek noun used in the New Testament for bodily resurrection from death is ho anástasis: ("The Resurrection"). Without exception, each and every time the word anástasis appears in the New Testament, it's referring to (the) resurrection of the body (which is an integral part of the gospel):-

Yes, mankind was created to live on earth in a body of flesh & bone, but man is made of more than mere flesh & bone. They also have breath of life that is our spirit, and according to Solomon when our flesh & bone dies our spirit returns to God who gave it. (Ecc 12:7) If we believe Christ, man who lives and believes in Him shall NEVER die. Christ says the life we have in Him shall never die knowing that human flesh & bone is destined to physically die. Clearly death of our flesh & bone is not death of our spirit that returns to God. Otherwise Christ would not have said that all who are in Him shall "never die." (Jo 11:26)

John cannot be seeing physically resurrected souls after they had been physically martyred in life. Because none shall be physically resurrected before an hour coming (Jo 5:28-29) when the last trumpet sounds (1Cor 15:51-58) that time given this earth shall be no longer (Rev 10:5-7). What are the souls John writes are alive after physical death if not the spiritual body of believers in heaven who lived and died in faith? They are spirits of just men made perfect (Heb 12:23), after physical death alive in heaven waiting for the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven to be complete. Then the spiritual body of believers in heaven will return with the Lord (1Th 4:14) and give life to a new resurrected body changed from mortal to immortal and corruptible to incorruptible, fit for physical life on the new earth, because as you've said mankind was created to live in flesh & bone on earth.

Revelation 20:4-6 is talking about people who had been literally beheaded for refusal to worship the beast, who had literally risen from the dead with spiritual bodies, reigning with Christ a thousand years. Nothing else. Anything else is making an unknown Greek of the English.

".. BUT .. " the argument goes, ".. it's talking about a spiritual resurrection. There is first a spiritual resurrection (when we are born of the Spirit), then a resurrection of the body."

Well, if that's been your argument, then please consider the following questions:

1. Bearing in mind that all the words used in reference to resurrection in the New Testament are talking only about the resurrection of the body from the dead, when did you die spiritually?,

2. Where are the New Testament verses that use any one of the words used in reference to the resurrection that talk about a spiritual resurrection?

The answer is really simple. The first resurrection speaks of having part in the physical resurrection of Christ SPIRITUALLY, not physically. This can only happen when man is born again through the Spirit of Christ within us. When man is born again of the Spirit of Christ, we possess eternal life through His Spirit and though our physical body will die, our spirit through the Spirit of Christ can NEVER die! We read of the spiritual resurrection in various passages of Scripture. The Son of God has been given the power to give life to all who hear His Word (Gospel) and believe on Him, and that life He gives through His Spirit Christ tells us is "EVERLASTING LIFE" because in Him we have passed from death (spiritual) to life.

John 5:24-26 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Now is the time, before the hour that is coming when Christ comes again, that mankind must have part in the first resurrection that is the resurrection life of Christ. And all who do need have no more fear of death of our body of flesh & bone because when believers die we go as spiritual body of believers to heaven to be where Christ is.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived (zao) and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

This is a resurrection from the dead because to be alive after having died is a resurrection.

But none shall be physically resurrected immortal & incorruptible before an hour coming when the last trumpet sounds. Yes these, according to John have lived and reigned with Christ before they were physically martyred. That time they lived and reigned with Him is symbolized a thousand years.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't a clue about what a spiritual body is. And neither does anyone else, not even Jesus' apostles.

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

Co 15:35 But someone will ask, "How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?"
1Co 15:36 You foolish person! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.

1Co 15:37 And what you sow is not the body that is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain.

Yes, I tend to agree. Trying to discern a spiritual body is difficult because spirit has no form and cannot be seen. I'm not speaking of the angels of God that are seen in Scripture having human form.

I believe the breath of life given man at creation is the spirit within man. The spirit in mankind is IMO who we are, trapped in bodies of flesh & bone destined to die, mind, heart, emotions the control center of our flesh. It seems Paul understood well what it means to be a man of flesh & bone + spirit that became a living soul. Because he longed to put off his body of death and be with the Lord in heaven. He could only be there with the Lord a spiritual body, because mortal flesh and corruptible cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. And no man shall be made immortal & incorrptible before an hour coming when the last trumpet sounds. Clearly both Paul and John understood what Christ meant when He says that whoever lives and believes in Him shall NEVER die. They know that when their body of flesh & bone breathes its last, they would belong to a spiritul body of believers in heaven to wait for the spiritual Kiingdom of God to be complete. Then all who die in Christ shall be bodily resurrected immortal & incorruptible fit for life on the new earth.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
There are two groups described in verse 4 of chapter 20. It is not the souls of " who had not worshiped the beast nor his image, nor had received his mark on their foreheads, nor in their hands." It is just those who had not worshiped the beast..... The contrast here is between souls, i.e., the dead, and the living, The first group are dead, the second group are living.

A better translation is perhaps the ESV: Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

In that second group, "those who had not worshiped....", those is not the object of the preposition modifying souls. They came to life and reigned with Christ is describing living beings. John referred to such in John 5:24-25.

Joh 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.
Joh 5:25 "Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

They are the Christians, regenerated and reigning with Christ even now.
Separating the one group in the passage into two different groups as you have done above is just eisegesis masquerading as exegesis IMO. Sounds really desperate to me. There is no legitimate reason for doing so.

The words "and I saw" or "then I saw" as many translations translate it, begin in Rev.19:11, 17, 19, Rev.20:1, 4 & 11 show a continuation of what John is saying about the destiny of the beast & false prophet and the dragon that deceived them, all of whom we also read about in Revelation 13.

There is no legitimate reason to divide Revelation 20:4 into two separate groups of people. The first resurrection that is mentioned in verse 5 is Christ's resurrection. He IS the resurrection and the life (John 11:25), and none of those who are in Him have been resurrected from the dead yet:

"But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first-fruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first-fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming." 1 Cor.15:20-23.

The context of Revelation 20:4-6 is those who had been beheaded for refusal to worship the beast. You have added your own context to the text (eisegesis) in order to make it fit a different period for the thousand years it's speaking about. You may not see it, but your eisegesis is very clear in what you said above.​