This NEEDS to End!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know that there's a bunch of women who make some very illogical claims.
Like the women who think that having an abortion is a woman who is in control of her body and future and making smart choices...but if you ever spank a child you should face life imprisonment.
I won't argue that.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
It is a life.
Scriptures are clear on the subject as well.

If you cause a pregnant woman to miscarry it is considered murder.
That scripture says if the mother dies it's murder and she miscarries it's a fine.
Why do we have birthdays and not conception days?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That scripture says if the mother dies it's murder and she miscarries it's a fine.
I'm referring to the eye for eye, life for life...it's not ambiguous. It's not a fine. LOL

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I'm referring to the eye for eye, life for life...it's not ambiguous. It's not a fine. LOL
You obviously have never read the history of that passage because its very controversial and it's been that way going back 2000 years. The Jews couldn't make a decision on it and had to amend the scripture. Fully formed was life for life, not fully formed was a fine.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You obviously have never read the history of that passage because its very controversial and it's been that way going back 2000 years. The Jews couldn't make a decision on it and had to amend the scripture. Fully formed was life for life, not fully formed was a fine.
Not fully formed and fined was for livestock...not a human pregnancy.

Then there's the the cross carrying incident. Again saying that the sins of abortions were so heavy and many that Jesus couldn't carry them himself to the cross...the abortionist had to do it for him as a fitting punishment.

Reactions: April_Rose

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I hate the thought of abortion. God thinks it is wrong. I think it is wrong as do most Christians. But the majority of women who have abortions are probably not Christian, and they have free will, free choice just as we all do. If the law says they can get abortions they will choose that path. It is not for us to tell them what to think or what to do, although we should where possible try to show them a better way.

This is such an emotive issue and I can understand why Christians get upset about it. Moral standards, God’s standards, have gone out the window and sex before marriage and commitment is perfectly acceptable in today’s world. It is this morality that needs to change. If people didn’t sleep around with no thought to the consequences this wouldn’t be such a massive problem.

Those who make the laws came under pressure from the pro abortionists but if they aren’t Christians they do not have the same mind-set and standards of morality to uphold God’s ways.

We cannot force our thoughts on to others. They need to see the light for themselves.

wip

Dec 29, 2020
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get the part on killing another human being. The confusion is on the killing of an unborn baby, how is that murder?
Your confusion comes from the fact that you do not recognize the unborn baby as a human being.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Your confusion comes from the fact that you do not recognize the unborn baby as a human being.
The baby is a potential human being.
Is a fully built house the same as a concrete slab with no house?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Why does no one want to answer that one?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016

Then there's the the cross carrying incident. Again saying that the sins of abortions were so heavy and many that Jesus couldn't carry them himself to the cross...the abortionist had to do it for him as a fitting punishment.
No they made Rabbi notes in the passage to distinguish between fully formed and not fully formed. Fully formed meant the baby could breath on it's on.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No they made Rabbi notes in the passage to distinguish between fully formed and not fully formed. Fully formed meant the baby could breath on it's on.
Not relevant or pertinent information.

Jesus was extremely clear on abortion....it's murder.

wip

Dec 29, 2020
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't realize that no one wanted to answer that. Anyways, probably one of the main reasons people don't celebrate conception days is that the exact day of conception is not typically known. Day of birth however is very obvious.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how is it murder?

Are you seriously tripping right now?

Yes, it does.

What does what?

How does preventing a child from being conceived (forced sterilization) compare to aborting a fetus?
Does denying one a human right compare to murder?
Is Bill Gates a monster?

Uh that wasn't even the question. :\

I know that there's a bunch of women who make some very illogical claims.
Like the women who think that having an abortion is a woman who is in control of her body and future and making smart choices...but if you ever spank a child you should face life imprisonment.

Agreed, but that's a different topic.

I like that, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the Bible though.

Not sure.

Not relevant or pertinent information.

Jesus was extremely clear on abortion....it's murder.

Again, I agree that He probably would be against it, but is it actually written in the Bible?

I didn't realize that no one wanted to answer that. Anyways, probably one of the main reasons people don't celebrate conception days is that the exact day of conception is not typically known. Day of birth however is very obvious.

Hmm,.. good theory. :)

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
When the baby is born like the bible says.
Gen 4 25 when Eve said the Lord gave her a child, she says this when the baby was born, not when the baby was conceived

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
And when the bible says a generation begins at birth, did the Almighty just not know?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the baby is born like the bible says.
Gen 4 25 when Eve said the Lord gave her a child, she says this when the baby was born, not when the baby was conceived

How do you know that?