This really grabbed me today!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also miss gathering with them just, cannot get past a couple things but, I love them dearly. And yes, I DO remember John saying that :)
So, guess they don't want to make the road trip, lol. They are a bit further I guess.

Oh, I wouldn’t have room for more than one person and I wouldn’t ever like…arrange things. I’m open but…I just try not to arrange stuff heavily. I’d rather be more hands off and let God do any arranging. He’s pretty good at it!

As for things bothering me, they either bother me as in, get me the heck out of here these people are nuts, or they bother me because I’m just not ready to accept or bear them yet. But neither was the case for me with the zoom meetings. I didn’t want to leave them at all. John has helped me more than any other man on this whole earth. As soon as I can, if I can, I’m very eager to resume them. I’ll try to explain it to you when you visit, God willing. I’m very much looking forward to it. :)

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mean to interrupt but can I ask a quick question related to what you said? I make videos for Christians but I am a bit discouraged lately. Would you watch a shorter video, say 15 minutes? Shorter or longer? Just asking. I want to make edifying videos that people will watch. Thanks.

I have a suggestion. I usually do, whether I’m asked or not! :rolleyes::D
If your intent is to help build up the trust of others (edify), which I believe is the reason FOR teaching, people need very, very practical help toward that. So it would be a phenomenal ministry to not try to “teach” about the Bible or doctrine, (we have an over abundance of that, it’s coming out of our ears, in fact) but to START with the goal of helping others to trust more. What I’ve seen so far in your videos is the goal of “teaching.” But your own words are that you want to build up the trust of others (edify). If that’s what your heart is, it’s sorely needed. We are very weak and without power because of our lack of trust and we’ve stalled out as a whole.

So begin always with the question: what can I say by what I’ve struggled through in my trust that might encourage and build the trust of others?

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't mean to interrupt but can I ask a quick question related to what you said? I make videos for Christians but I am a bit discouraged lately. Would you watch a shorter video, say 15 minutes? Shorter or longer? Just asking. I want to make edifying videos that people will watch. Thanks.

Hello CadyandZoe,

Having a little experience in some video teachings, not so sure what direction you are desiring to go.

There are many teachings in the Bible, and so many differing subjects, a recommended bible from someone who taught me a lot about the Bible suggested any version of the Thompson Chain Bible, in which many subjects are brought up in an organized fashion similar to looking at a phone book; yet a list of topics that is nearly endless roughly 8,000.

Depending on which way you are leaning towards: if you are desirous of teaching verse by verse an introduction to each book will be help to start off with, I do like the Holman NKJV study bible that was sent to me by mistake and I ended up keeping it. The introductions are solid and useful for one to learn from and introduce to an audience.

When it comes to teaching and you are being lead from your heart to do so and you desire to lift God, up and the Lord Jesus, it would be good to lead with a prayer, and perhaps a song that deals with the scripture at hand if you have the ability to do.

Final word of it all: people will judge you, and one must understand if you are doing it for God and out of love for people don’t become overwhelmed. Just trust Him and May you be encouraged from this.

God bless, May the grace and peace of God be with you.

Reactions: CadyandZoe

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your intent is to help build up the trust of others (edify), which I believe is the reason FOR teaching, people need very, very practical help toward that. So it would be a phenomenal ministry to not try to “teach” about the Bible or doctrine, (we have an over abundance of that, it’s coming out of our ears, in fact) but to START with the goal of helping others to trust more. What I’ve seen so far in your videos is the goal of “teaching.” But your own words are that you want to build up the trust of others (edify). If that’s what your heart is, it’s sorely needed. We are very weak and without power because of our lack of trust and we’ve stalled out as a whole.

So begin always with the question: what can I say by what I’ve struggled through in my trust that might encourage and build the trust of others?
Thanks. I'll consider your words carefully and prayerfully. :)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello CadyandZoe,

Having a little experience in some video teachings, not so sure what direction you are desiring to go.

There are many teachings in the Bible, and so many differing subjects, a recommended bible from someone who taught me a lot about the Bible suggested any version of the Thompson Chain Bible, in which many subjects are brought up in an organized fashion similar to looking at a phone book; yet a list of topics that is nearly endless roughly 8,000.

Depending on which way you are leaning towards: if you are desirous of teaching verse by verse an introduction to each book will be help to start off with, I do like the Holman NKJV study bible that was sent to me by mistake and I ended up keeping it. The introductions are solid and useful for one to learn from and introduce to an audience.

When it comes to teaching and you are being lead from your heart to do so and you desire to lift God, up and the Lord Jesus, it would be good to lead with a prayer, and perhaps a song that deals with the scripture at hand if you have the ability to do.

Final word of it all: people will judge you, and one must understand if you are doing it for God and out of love for people don’t become overwhelmed. Just trust Him and May you be encouraged from this.

God bless, May the grace and peace of God be with you.
Thanks Matthew. I know you make videos also and I appreciate your advice. Keep going brother.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@stunnedbygrace @MatthewG @Lambano
stunnedbygrace, the following video is close to what you suggest. what do you think of this one?

I am reading the scripture. My pastor, mentor and friend allowed me to use a clip from his Sunday sermon.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I chose to offer you what I thought was a sound reason why I can't accept your and others ideas of Jesus first existence beginning at Bethlehem.
Whoah! That's the first time that I've heard that. Am I, or you, getting confused by reading and responding to more than one thread? I was just arguing against the statement that "Jesus is God".

He is the Creator. He was an individual being when He created. Which means He was God's Son at that time also. We know this because we are told by Jesus Himself that God sent His only begotten Son into the world that man might be saved. That tells me God had a Son to send.
Adam want begotten. The angels weren't begotten. The only begotten Son is Jesus. Begotten, not made. Begotten, not created. All things were created by Him and for Him. He came forth from the Father. God begotten from God. What else would God beget if not God?
I agree with all that you have written there - except your use of the word God! Perhaps this is the source of our confusion. God is a title, like lord, it's not a name of a type of being. Christians are begotten again by God, but we will not become God.

When I see the word God (with a capital G) I consider that to be referring to the one and only Almighty God, YHWH. I don't see it as a name for a type of being, like angel, man, cherubim, horse, etc.. When someone states Jesus is God, I understand them to be reiterating the Trinity belief that Jesus is part of or wholly Almighty God, not that Jesus is a being of the race known as God, as Moses was a being of the race known as human. Jesus could be considered a god (lowercase G), and perhaps a God (uppercase G), but definitely not "is God".

Jesus is the only begotten son of God, but he didn't used to have the same divine nature as God, because God is immortal and Jesus wasn't, otherwise he could not have become the God's sacrificial lamb for mankind. Jesus died, and when God resurrected him to life again he then gave him the divine nature, similar to what God is, so that Jesus is now immortal.

Revelation 1:18 (WEB):
(18) ... I was dead, and behold, I am alive forever and ever. ...​

It's the same divine nature that is promised to Christians, but we will not become God - at best we could be considered to become part of the race of divine beings, part of God's household and family, adopted as sons, but there will always only ever be one Almighty God YHWH.

1 Corinthians 15 (WEB):
(38) But God gives it a body even as it pleased him, and to each seed a body of its own.
(42) So also is the resurrection of the dead [Christians]. The body is sown perishable; it is raised imperishable.
(44) It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body and there is also a spiritual body.
(53) For this perishable body must become imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.​

Isaiah 45 (WEB):
(18) For Yahweh who created the heavens, the God who formed the earth and made it, who established it and didn’t create it a waste, who formed it to be inhabited says: “I am Yahweh; and there is no other.​
Isaiah 45:21-22 (WEB):
(21) Declare and present it. Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has shown this from ancient time? Who has declared it of old? Haven’t I, Yahweh? There is no other God besides me, a just God and a Savior; There is no one besides me.
(22) “Look to me, and be saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.​
Isaiah 46:9 (WEB):
(9) Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is no other. I am God, and there is none like me.
1 Corinthians 8:4,6 (WEB):
(4) Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that no idol is anything in the world, and that there is no other God but one.
(6) yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we live through him.​

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, not interested in that thread really. You have some really long posts, there, maybe if you summarize?
I wasn't suggesting that you read the whole thread! The link is directly to one of my posts in the thread, which I thought was relevant to this thread's discussion. It seemed better to link to it rather than cut and paste it. Reading the whole thread is too much effort, and a different subject, but surely it's not too much effort to just click on the link and read the one (or 2) posts?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
stunnedbygrace, the following video is close to what you suggest. what do you think of this one?

I am reading the scripture. My pastor, mentor and friend allowed me to use a clip from his Sunday sermon.

Hah! I had to stop before it really began to say when the word forgiveness comes on screen and the music starts, you picked music that really fits the word/concept - upbeat, hopeful. It’s an artistic win.
Okay, I’m going to listen to it now!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As your pastor says, God wants your (her) heart to win it over and be forgiven in true love. This woman evidently was previously stirred within herself to the message of Jesus. God opened her heart to his Son as she sat later at his feet. She demonstrated spontaneous love of God through her Son indeed as her heart must have leapt out of her at the first sight of Jesus. And she is surely forgiven. This is the way we come to know God today, as he draws us to him and through the works of his Son. Most respond to the holy call although some decline the offer.

Great clip and message.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
33% of the world is Christian? Wow…where’d you get that number? I have seen the number 666 as a…percentage of those who take the mark, which is roughly 666 of a thousand, 66% of a whole. Which would leave roughly 33% who wouldnt take the mark.

I also, at the time the thought came to me about 666, remembered learning in a Sociology class about Stanley Milgrams experiment and how one third of the test subjects refused to do what the authority figure in the white coat told them they had to do. They are commonly referred to as “Milgrams third.”
The thing none of us knew at the time was that the professor had a similar test going, from beginning of class, (not with perceived electric shocks, but a cloaked and hidden experiment of some similarity, in essence). On the very last day of class, I finally saw it, as I was, unknowingly, one of the six test subjects. When I saw, with horror, that only one classmate did what was promised and stood with me, I became so vociferous I was berating the other four and saying, you did it even though it would have made NO DIFFERENCE to you to have done what you promised to the whole class you would do?! It made no difference, yet you took what you did not need that could have helped some of them?? I was so shocked at suddenly seeing what the teacher had done that I yelled out, oh my gosh it’s Milgrams Third!
Big mouth, sorry, back to the video.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
33% of the world is Christian? Wow…where’d you get that number? I have seen the number 666 as a…percentage of those who take the mark, which is roughly 666 of a thousand, 66% of a whole. Which would leave roughly 33% who wouldnt take the mark.

I also, at the time the thought came to me, remembered learning in a Sociology class about Stanley Milgrams experiment and how one third of the test subjects refused to do what the authority figure in the white coat told them they had to do. They are commonly referred to as “Milgrams third.”
The thing none of us knew at the time was that the professor had a similar test going, from beginning of class, (not with perceived electric shocks, but a cloaked and hidden experiment of some similarity, in essence). On the very last day of class, I finally saw it, as I was, unknowingly, one of the six test subjects. When I saw, with horror, that only one classmate did what was promised and stood with me, I became so vociferous I was berating the other four and saying, you did it even though it would have made NO DIFFERENCE to you to have done what you promised to the whole class you would do?! It made no difference, yet you took what you did not need that could have helped some of them?? I was so shocked at suddenly seeing what the teacher had done that I yelled out, oh my gosh it’s Milgrams Third!
Doing some past calculations based on my own set criteria, I'm guessing, at best, 3-8 % are true Christians destined for immortality. I'm very conservative and not liberal when it comes to these things of the heart that count

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just saw something else…a THIRD of the angels fell. It’s uh…in reverse. A third of the angels fell, in the end a THIRD of mankind on earth at the time will refuse the mark…just interesting.

Reactions: APAK

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As your pastor says, God wants your (her) heart to win it over and be forgiven in true love. This woman evidently was previously stirred within herself to the message of Jesus. God opened her heart to his Son as she sat later at his feet. She demonstrated spontaneous love of God through her Son indeed as her heart must have leapt out of her at the first sight of Jesus. And she is surely forgiven. This is the way we come to know God today, as he draws us to him and through the works of his Son. Most respond to the holy call although some decline the offer.

Great clip and message.
Thanks APAK,
I very much appreciate both your summary and your feed back. I was discouraged before, but perhaps I will carry on and not give up.

I will try to make more of this kind, and I am also going to finish my videos on the parables. Lord willing.

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just saw something else…a THIRD of the angels fell. It’s uh…in reverse. A third of the angels fell, in the end a THIRD of mankind on earth at the time will refuse the mark…just interesting.
Interesting numbers...and I guess the last generation, living, right when Christ returns is then your focus for these numbers and not the average generation before that time. So maybe from this 33% given in that clip, 11% would be a 'better' number percentage of the true and faithful?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks APAK,
I very much appreciate both your summary and your feed back. I was discouraged before, but perhaps I will carry on and not give up.

I will try to make more of this kind, and I am also going to finish my videos on the parables. Lord willing.
Excellent...let me know if I can contribute along the way. I believe you have this one anyway...you are not discouraged it's just an adjustment on a mental level. Your heart is in the game I wager and you will keep on keeping on...:)

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I also, at the time the thought came to me about 666, remembered learning in a Sociology class about Stanley Milgrams experiment and how one third of the test subjects refused to do what the authority figure in the white coat told them they had to do. They are commonly referred to as “Milgrams third.”
Wow. I heard about the experiment but I never knew anyone who experienced it, or something like it. I might use this, (not mentioning you) in a video -- something about keeping our integrity and keeping our awareness. I have to think about it.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, the scene where the woman cries and wipes His feet with her hair, there is faint background noise of talking and dishes clanking. Also very artful and artistic, it draws you in even though most wouldn’t notice it, it’s a layer that puts you there, in the story. You are artistic.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, the scene where the woman cries and wipes His feet with her hair, there is faint background noise of talking and dishes clanking. Also very artful and artistic, it draws you in even though most wouldn’t notice it, it’s a layer that puts you there, in the story. You are artistic.
@stunnedbygrace
@APAK @Lambano
Well, if you like that one, here is another short video that is also artistic in nature. My heart is very moved by the story of Mary and Martha and Lazarus. I am getting choked up as I type this out. I thought that if I was a movie maker, I would love to film this scene.

Hear birds?

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite