Thought on Nero (Spirit of the Antichrist - Man of lawlessness - The Beast?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello Marty Fox,

While I believe that today there can still be many people whom are antichrist in general whom either reject the reality that he came in the flesh, or simply be against openly against Christ in general, due to unbelief that God exist.

What are some of the things that you could point me to in your findings?
Hello Matthew here is a study that I did on the antichrist which is much different from the beast in two parts
so that it will fit

Who and what is the antichrist?

There are only four verses in the entire bible that uses the word antichrist

1 John 2:18
18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22
22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

2 John 1:7
I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Many Christians believe that the antichrist will be the future evil world ruler of the book of Revelation who will rule the world during the end times but is that what the bible actually teaches?

It is interesting that John the disciple who wrote the four verses mentioning the word antichrist was the same John who wrote the book of Revelation. It is also interesting that John didn’t use the word antichrist in the book of Revelation. Why would this be? Could it be that the antichrist John wrote about in his epistles is different from the one most Christians believe to be the antichrist in the book of Revelation?

John used the word beast to describe the evil persecuting world leader in the book of Revelation and its description and character is much different from the description and character of the antichrist. The beast is described symbolically as a ten horned seven headed creature who rules the world and persecutes the saints.

Let’s look at who and what John says is the antichrist.

1 John 2:18-27
18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.[e] 21 I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son. 23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

24 As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is what he promised us—eternal life.

26 I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

John is showing us that the antichrist isn’t just one person but many people. John is also stating that the antichrist was present before, after and during his day. John also states that the antichrist is the opposite of truth and John tells us in the verse below that Jesus is truth

John 14:6
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Thus this antichrist who John says is a liar is antichrist because it is the opposite of truth which is Jesus who is the Christ.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello Marty Fox,

While I believe that today there can still be many people whom are antichrist in general whom either reject the reality that he came in the flesh, or simply be against openly against Christ in general, due to unbelief that God exist.

What are some of the things that you could point me to in your findings?
Part 2
Let’s look at what else John says is the antichrist.

1 John 4:1-6
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

Once again John tells us that this antichrist is not just one but many. John tells us again that the antichrist was present in his day and John also tells us that the antichrist is not just people but it is actually a spirit. Let’s take a look at the last time that John mentions the word antichrist.

2 John 1:4-11
4 It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. 5 And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. 6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.

John tells us once again that the antichrist isn’t just one but many. John then goes on to say that this antichrist is the deceiving spirit who denies that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. Jesus Christ coming in the flesh means that the Man Jesus is the Christ the anointed one the Messiah the son of God.

When we read all four verses that uses the word antichrist it seems that he was meaning apostate Israel in his day. Apostate Israel was active when John wrote these words and they denied that Jesus was the Christ by denying Jesus they also denied the Father. Antichrist is not complete in apostate Israel but they do fit the description John gave in his day.

The antichrist is much different from the sea beast in the book of Revelation. The sea beast purpose is to rule the earth to be worshipped as god, destroy Babylon the great and to try to wipeout the church. The antichrist purpose to deceive and to divert people away from the Messiah Jesus the Christ. The antichrist is more like the land beast from the book of Revelation also known as the false prophet.

In conclusion John teaches in the bible that the antichrist is not a future evil world leader but a deceiving spirit within many people who was present in John’s day and whose purpose was to divert people away from the true Messiah Jesus the Christ. John used different titles for the beast and the antichrist for a reason and John showed us what those reasons were.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is interesting that John the disciple who wrote the four verses mentioning the word antichrist was the same John who wrote the book of Revelation. It is also interesting that John didn’t use the word antichrist in the book of Revelation.

Every book that writes of the end times GT ruler uses different names and terms for the person, including John. John didn't write "the beast" in his epistles. He used "antichrist shall come" which is a future arrival of a singluar person called antichrist.

Why would this be? Could it be that the antichrist John wrote about in his epistles is different from the one most Christians believe to be the antichrist in the book of Revelation?

John used the word beast to describe the evil persecuting world leader in the book of Revelation and its description and character is much different from the description and character of the antichrist.

Not different at all. Paul used "man of sin" and "that wicked". Same person.

John is showing us that the antichrist isn’t just one person but many people.

No. John spoke of many ACs and also spoke one a singular and future AC.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every book that writes of the end times GT ruler uses different names and terms for the person, including John. John didn't write "the beast" in his epistles. He used "antichrist shall come" which is a future arrival of a singluar person called antichrist.

Not different at all. Paul used "man of sin" and "that wicked". Same person.

No. John spoke of many ACs and also spoke one a singular and future AC.
Will you show me where this future anti-christ is mention in the bible?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you show me where this future anti-christ is mention in the bible?

1Jn_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part 2
Let’s look at what else John says is the antichrist.

1 John 4:1-6
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

Once again John tells us that this antichrist is not just one but many. John tells us again that the antichrist was present in his day and John also tells us that the antichrist is not just people but it is actually a spirit. Let’s take a look at the last time that John mentions the word antichrist.

2 John 1:4-11
4 It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. 5 And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. 6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.

John tells us once again that the antichrist isn’t just one but many. John then goes on to say that this antichrist is the deceiving spirit who denies that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. Jesus Christ coming in the flesh means that the Man Jesus is the Christ the anointed one the Messiah the son of God.

When we read all four verses that uses the word antichrist it seems that he was meaning apostate Israel in his day. Apostate Israel was active when John wrote these words and they denied that Jesus was the Christ by denying Jesus they also denied the Father. Antichrist is not complete in apostate Israel but they do fit the description John gave in his day.

The antichrist is much different from the sea beast in the book of Revelation. The sea beast purpose is to rule the earth to be worshipped as god, destroy Babylon the great and to try to wipeout the church. The antichrist purpose to deceive and to divert people away from the Messiah Jesus the Christ. The antichrist is more like the land beast from the book of Revelation also known as the false prophet.

In conclusion John teaches in the bible that the antichrist is not a future evil world leader but a deceiving spirit within many people who was present in John’s day and whose purpose was to divert people away from the true Messiah Jesus the Christ. John used different titles for the beast and the antichrist for a reason and John showed us what those reasons were.
Perhaps that was the spirit that drove Nero to do what he had done. He deemed himself the Son of God after all. Thank you for your research.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
Perhaps that was Nero who was influenced by that Spirit of the antichrist, he after all was deemed “the son of God”.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could be wrong about that, maybe my mind is protrying something i heard.

Anyway more information on how the number of 666 or 616 relates to nero.

(all with cited sources)

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John identified it as hearsay: "...ye have heard that antichrist shall come..."

He then corrected their misapprehension by informing them that many antichrists were already present.

The only future antichrist is the fabrication of the apostate papacy's counter-reformation Jesuit Francisco Ribera, the father of the futurism embraced by dispensational dementia.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps that was Nero who was influenced by that Spirit of the antichrist, he after all was deemed “the son of God”.

He didn't do the things the AC is written to do so he was merely one of many ACs of the past not the future one that will fulfill all prophecies of the AC.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could be wrong about that, maybe my mind is protrying something i heard.

Anyway more information on how the number of 666 or 616 relates to nero.

(all with cited sources)

666 is the correct number. 616 is a false number to lead people away from the true number and thus the real AC.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He didn't do the things the AC is written to do so he was merely one of many ACs of the past not the future one that will fulfill all prophecies of the AC.
All the best my friend.

May the God of all comfort be with you.

Im someone who believes people should think and choose for themselves; and there is no reason to try to fight with ones reasoning.

666 is the correct number. 616 is a false number to lead people away from the true number and thus the real AC.
616 was in Latin and still comes out to Nero.

Just so you know,

I guess people have to decide for themselves like i said.

All the best my friend the internet is filled with all kinds of people of different beliefs and ideas, ands best to seek peace with all men.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
616 was in Latin and still comes out to Nero.

It is a false number. There aren't two numbers of the beast. 600, 60 and 6 is the correct one. Nero was not the final AC nor did he fulfill the prophecies of that AC.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ewq1938,

616 (number)

616 (six hundred [and] sixteen) is the natural number following 615 and preceding 617. ... the number to 616 under influence from the Latin form of the name Nero

Have you ever read this before or heard of it?

Its fine if you dont believe Nero is the antichrist.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ewq1938,

616 (number)

616 (six hundred [and] sixteen) is the natural number following 615 and preceding 617

Oh? Can you prove that?

. ... the number to 616 under influence from the Latin form of the name Nero

Have you ever read this before or heard of it?

Obviously since I was able to correctly identify it as fake.

Its fine if you dont believe Nero is the antichrist.

He was an ac, not THE AC. Her did not fulfill any prophecy regarding the final AC.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay @ewq1938.

Thank you for your replies.
There may be others who see differently.

All the best and may the God of all comfort be with you.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps that was the spirit that drove Nero to do what he had done. He deemed himself the Son of God after all. Thank you for your research.
Do you see how Nero could be the beast but is not the antichrist?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marty fox,

No. He did some pretty radical things, and perscuted Christians for a fire he made. In Rome you worship any god you wanted to, and Christians could worship freely. Then all of sudden you have a mass killing, even after Nero killed himself he was rumored that he was gonna come back from the “dead” or something like that.

He almost resembles a complete antichrist, cause he was suppose to perform “miracles” as well…

I havent read about nero in awhile. I have a book called the great fire of rome. And there are cited sources in this book, and there is Tacticus, Suetonius, that talk about nero and the history of Rome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 2

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then from there you have the Roman Jewish War, i have that book too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 1

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Marty fox,

No. He did some pretty radical things, and perscuted Christians for a fire he made. In Rome you worship any god you wanted to, and Christians could worship freely. Then all of sudden you have a mass killing, even after Nero killed himself he was rumored that he was gonna come back from the “dead” or something like that.

He almost resembles a complete antichrist, cause he was suppose to perform “miracles” as well…

I havent read about nero in awhile. I have a book called the great fire of rome. And there are cited sources in this book, and there is Tacticus, Suetonius, that talk about nero and the history of Rome.
Yes I have read Tacticus book the madness of Nero.

What makes you think that Nero isn’t human forum of the beast?