Thought on Nero (Spirit of the Antichrist - Man of lawlessness - The Beast?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Roman emperor Nero is considered one of history's greatest criminals. His name has become synonymous with evil, as historic accounts have accused him of killing his stepbrother, his wife and his mother, as well persecuting Christians and instigating the devastating Great Fire of Rome.

He exalted himself above God. Even claimed to dubb himself the Son of God, reports after his death was the “He was gonna come back again”

He was one mentioned by the number 666.

Just like the promises of Jesus, in that time period, does anyone have any thoughts on it?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Roman emperor Nero is considered one of history's greatest criminals. His name has become synonymous with evil, as historic accounts have accused him of killing his stepbrother, his wife and his mother, as well persecuting Christians and instigating the devastating Great Fire of Rome.

He exalted himself above God. Even claimed to dubb himself the Son of God, reports after his death was the “He was gonna come back again”

Just like the promises of Jesus, in that time period, does anyone have any thoughts on it?
Well, in thinking about Nero in terms of the beast of the Revelation, did he fulfill all the prophecies? I'm wondering about the mark of the beast, for one thing. Calling fire from heaven? There are some more things that come to mind related to the beast, but just for an example.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not aware of such history, myself. Calling fire from heaven would be a pretty big deal, wouldn't they all be writing about it?

But then someone could have said that about Nero, I don't know. The mark of the beast, where do you see that in history? I'm not familiar with it.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and I saw out of the sea a beast coming up, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon its horns ten diadems, and upon its heads a name of evil speaking, and the beast that I saw was like to a leopard, and its feet as of a bear, and its mouth as the mouth of a lion, and the dragon did give to it his power, and his throne, and great authority. And I saw one of its heads as slain to death, and its deadly stroke was healed, and all the earth did wonder after the beast, and they did bow before the dragon who did give authority to the beast, and they did bow before the beast, saying, ‘Who [is] like to the beast? who is able to war with it?’ And there was given to it a mouth speaking great things, and evil-speakings, and there was given to it authority to make war forty-two months, and it did open its mouth for evil-speaking toward God, to speak evil of His name, and of His tabernacle, and of those who in the heaven tabernacle, and there was given to it to make war with the saints, and to overcome them, and there was given to it authority over every tribe, and tongue, and nation. And bow before it shall all who are dwelling upon the land, whose names have not been written in the scroll of the life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world; if any one hath an ear — let him hear: if any one a captivity doth gather, into captivity he doth go away; if any one by sword doth kill, it behoveth him by sword to be killed; here is the endurance and the faith of the saints. And I saw another beast coming up out of the land, and it had two horns, like a lamb, and it was speaking as a dragon, and all the authority of the first beast doth it do before it, and it maketh the land and those dwelling in it that they shall bow before the first beast, whose deadly stroke was healed, and it doth great signs, that fire also it may make to come down from the heaven to the earth before men, and it leadeth astray those dwelling on the land, because of the signs that were given it to do before the beast, saying to those dwelling upon the land to make an image to the beast that hath the stroke of the sword and did live, and there was given to it to give a spirit to the image of the beast, that also the image of the beast may speak, and [that] it may cause as many as shall not bow before the image of the beast, that they may be killed. And it maketh all, the small, and the great, and the rich, and the poor, and the freemen, and the servants, that it may give to them a mark upon their right hand or upon their foreheads, and that no one may be able to buy, or to sell, except he who is having the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is the wisdom! He who is having the understanding, let him count the number of the beast, for the number of a man it is, and its number [is] six hundred and sixty six.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭13‬:‭1‬-‭18‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

4:45 common weaponary at the time.

Fire from heaven(the sky)?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark

χάραγμα, χαράγματος, τό (χαράσσω to engrave);
a. a stamp, an imprinted mark: of the mark stamped on the forehead or the right hand as the badge of the followers of Antichrist, Revelation 13:16; Revelation 14:9, 11; Revelation 15:2 Rec.; (πυρός, the mark branded upon horses, Anacreon () 26 (55), 2).

b. thing carved, sculpture, graven work: of idolatrous images, Acts 17:29. (In various other senses in Greek writings from Sophocles down.)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark

stamp, mark.
From the same as charax; a scratch or etching, i.e. Stamp (as a badge of servitude), or scupltured figure (statue) -- graven, mark.

see GREEK charax

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont think you being honest with me @marks but there is some ideas to get you going. You been around for a lot longer than me, i suspect.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks. Its a thought.

What do you think about the information? Of revelation 13 and what do you make out of it?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is some more information concerning revelation 13

“‘Here [is] the mind that is having wisdom; the seven heads are seven mountains, upon which the woman doth sit, and there are seven kings, the five did fall, and the one is, the other did not yet come, and when he may come, it behoveth him to remain a little time; and the beast that was, and is not, he also is eighth, and out of the seven he is, and to destruction he doth go away.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭17‬:‭9‬-‭11‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont think you being honest with me @marks but there is some ideas to get you going. You been around for a lot longer than me, i suspect.
I'm asking when these things happened in history. If the fire from heaven were a trebuchet, would it be a miracle? I'm thinking it would just be a common part of warfare.

I haven't seen historical reports of someone calling fire from heaven except in the Bible, Elijah. I'm not aware of the beast's mark being given as a means to control buying and selling. I've studied Revelation 13 a fair amount, so I'm familiar with what it foretells, I'm just not aware of these things being fulfilled in the past. So I'm thinking it's still future.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jewish writings sometimes are exaggerated.
They also use hyperbole. A fireball in the sky could be seen as “calling fire out of the sky.”

Did you know that?

However in the past:

They also killed by the sword.

They also used horses and chariots.

They use weapons like a buttram and like the one in the youtube.

Today the world doesnt fight like that anymore. They use guns and threaten nuke, and use planes.

There is a series called left behind that modernizes the things founds in revelation, so many have been influenced by that media.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Nero was the apostate papacy's preterist choice for antichrist in its attempts to defeat the Reformation.

Thankfully, it failed.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nero was the apostate papacy's preterist choice for antichrist in its attempts to defeat the Reformation.

Thankfully, it failed.
Guess then it must be a personal choice, thank you for confirming covenantee.

Reactions: covenantee

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still makes you wonder

Who was the man that is refered to as 666.

Today its said to be Donald Trump, or it was Ronald Regan, or its Hillary Clinton.

Not joking, i have heard when DT and HC, this one guy thought it was all right around the corner…

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes MatthewG; however, would you rather base your choice on the apostate papacy, or on the Reformation?
Coventantee i would rather get to as close to truth as i could get to.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed; so would the apostate papacy be closer to the truth, or would the Reformation be closer to the truth?
Who is the number of 666? 1 john Paul?

I dont choose neither of your suggestions.