Three Temptations Of Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
8 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
9 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. - Matthew 4:1,3,5,8-9.

When the devil came to Jesus and tempted him it was a body, soul, and spirit temptation. Or we say it was body and soul and spirit that was tempted. He was tempted during his fast so the first thing the devil tempted Jesus with was food. At the end of a forty day fast Jesus was hungry. I knew a man that fasted 40 days, he lost 80 lbs. I have done short fasts and the body goes through numerous different kinds of cravings.

The second thing the devil did was to tempt Jesus in soul. He took Jesus and sat him on the pinnacle of the temple and told him to jump off and angels would bear him up, or catch him. The temptation in soul to be somebody in yourself. The third temptation was in spirit and this is what I want to talk about. When God created man he was created to be dominated, ruled over by another. Man was never in the plan of God to live life on his own, there is a place (spirit) in man that was to be dominated by another. Man does not live a life on his own, the trick or lie of Satan is "it is you that has caused all your trouble." It was never you, not your creation! It was evil in you that caused your trouble not you. That takes a lifetime of learning because we have always felt we were the evil one. The evil one is Satan not you, look at the scriptures and you see there is nothing wrong with you it was the one dominating you that caused your sin. Where we stumble in seeing these bible truths are; sin is always expressed out of you or in you such as thoughts can be sin. So we feel like it is me, I'm blowing it, I'm a loser or whatever feeling you have had toward your life.

Scripture says he was the murderer from the beginning not you but him Satan. He was the sinner from the beginning not Adam. It was Satan temptation all the way back in the beginning with Adam and Eve. Now when they failed to obey God and ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil they became expressers of good and evil. Their life of innocent changed from innocence to expressers of good and evil by their knowledge. So what happened in spirit now was going to be lived as they were created. Just as today with Christ in you, back then it was Satan as life. Sin life, evil life, death life because what they received separated them from God. The creator God through Satan out of heaven and now he will deal with him through mankind. Did you know Lucifer was called the son of the morning, beautiful to behold with music or pipes come out of him to the glory of God, wonderful creation. And now he would rule and reign over humanity by a nature, his nature, his disobedient rebellious sin death life nature that was thrown out of heaven. He said that he would be God and he would ascend above the most high, but that didn't quite work out like he supposed. He was booted out of heaven and fell to the earth. The scriptures call him "the god this world" and that happens by his nature in humanity.

Just as the unregenerate are still children of the devil by nature so are the born again children of God by his nature or they had a change of nature's the moment they believed because of the cross where Jesus crucified the old man sin death life nature. And now they live by the life of another (even Christ) as they did their old sin nature. Humans are designed to live the life of another, glorious plan and greatly to be praised for the glory of God revealed in his saints. Hallelujah.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A quick word on science; the reason science cannot understand why humans do what they do is because they know nothing of humans living by their nature. If you ever need counseling and we all do, seek out those that have somewhat of an idea that humans are dominated by another. Why is that so important? Because without you being counseled according to the scriptures there is no real cure for what people go through. We patch thing's over with such counseling as "well what was your childhood like. The thing about that kind of counseling is it is fruitless unless you can an pin point the cause and the cause is sin by a nature, and living by that nature of another.