Time to move on

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
www.solutionslifecoaching.ca
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Decided that this is probably the wrong place for me to hang out. As a Progressive & Post Modernist Christian" I've been saddened that so many on this forum appear unable to embrace different views without bombarding people with Bible verses.

Shalom

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Decided that this is probably the wrong place for me to hang out. As a Progressive & Post Modernist Christian" I've been saddened that so many on this forum appear unable to embrace different views without bombarding people with Bible verses.

Shalom
Unless you consider this the end of the world with nothing more to be learned, you might want to not just go where you find it comfortable, but do a little less pushing your own agenda and a little more listening with the idea of seeking "all truth" as it was appointed to the Holy Spirit for our time.

I would say go with God...but it doesn't sound like that is your intention.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Shalom
different views you obviously never read BOLS posts. Nah you came promoting another religion, Christians seek after the truth and our Truth is in Jesus.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shalom
Really sorry to see you go, but if you want anyone to pay more attention to you and your way of seeing things, you really need to yield a little to their way. You believe you are correct, but most everyone here also believes they are correct. People can learn from each other but communication is necessarily involved. You only want to communicate your way...which is very one-sided. Perhaps we are also very one-sided, but some are willing to discuss if our point of view isn't completely thrown aside before proceeding.

To myself and many others here what is written in the scripture is quite important when we are talking about what we do and do not believe. You want to step way outside of such a place... or you have already stepped way outside. You really shouldn't expect us to follow you because you say you have found something worthwhile. You say you were once where we are, but I really do not believe that and you have given me no reason to change my mind.

If you are really going, Go in peace..

Reactions: GodsGrace and Helen

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shalom

If by "progressive" you mean you have the right to drop theological bombs on a message board while refusing to substantiate your assertions, then yes you certainly are "progressive."

Reactions: GodsGrace

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shalom

There is a great variety in the Christian fold. There is no way we can design a site to meet the needs of a select few.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shalom
good bye

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shalom
evotell:

There are parts I enjoy listening to and some I even agree with, like the insertion and modification of scripture by men with their own agenda...

I believe there are many on this site that do not even want to go there, or believe that anyone would change scripture. I don't care if they do or not. I know I'm correct on this subject.

I'm confident in my faith. There are most here that believe in the trinity, I don't. Now talk about being a revisionist, eh?

Again I don't care if they do or not.

Up to you though, although I believe you do contribute if you think you don't.

The 'shock' treatment some experienced and their reactions are understandable. Again, you might not be popular, although you can still learn a few things and give your mind.

If this is just popularity or group-think cultic site or a 'luv me' site I would also be moving on....

Think it over, again.

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: Willie T

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is diversity in thought??
You mean a Christian could believe whatever he wants to?
Good point.
No matter what I say and do, you should always be able to tell I love Jesus more than anything.
Someone who questions Jesus questions Christianity
Unless he takes a stand that he wants to learn the truth, he really is not serving a positive purpose here.
He is an agent of the devil trying to bring us down.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Good point.
No matter what I say and do, you should always be able to tell I love Jesus more than anything.
Someone who questions Jesus questions Christianity
Unless he takes a stand that he wants to learn the truth, he really is not serving a positive purpose here.
He is an agent of the devil trying to bring us down.
Progressive Christianity and emerging churches will be our ruin.
God does not change.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is diversity in thought??
You mean a Christian could believe whatever he wants to?

I hope so! God gave us magnificient brains, made for thinking. He also allows us the freedom to think.

Now, if you were asking if Christians can love in any distorted way they want and still follow Jesus, i would have to say absolutely not.