Timing of Eze 37 and 38 pre Trib?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pretty hard to put "future" armies of Persians, Egyptians, Libyans on horses, wearing body armour, using swords, shields, and bucklers
When did all those nations and Turkey join with a king of the north to attack Israel? Try rereading the OP you seem to be missing something.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did all those nations and Turkey join with a king of the north to attack Israel? Try rereading the OP you seem to be missing something.
What do you think the whole Syrian conflict has been in the last decade? When will it eventually be the means to advance closer to Jerusalem?

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What do you think the whole Syrian conflict has been in the last decade? When will it eventually be the means to advance closer to Jerusalem?
So you think that because the forces are in place for the prophesy to be fulfilled one day possibly soon that means it was not a prophesy and fulfilled already?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think that because the forces are in place for the prophesy to be fulfilled one day possibly soon that means it was not a prophesy and fulfilled already?
Many Old Testament Prophecies have been fulfilled

Isaiah prophesied of Jesus Christ being born into the world "Fulfiled"

Joel prophesied of the coming of the Holy Spirit upon the church "Fulfilled"

Ezekiel prophesied in Chapters 38/39 of a war in Israel that would be fought with wooden weapons of warfare "Fulfilled"

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many Old Testament Prophecies have been fulfilled

Isaiah prophesied of Jesus Christ being born into the world "Fulfiled"

Joel prophesied of the coming of the Holy Spirit upon the church "Fulfilled"
True. Like the hundreds of prophesies Jesus fulfilled in His first coming.

Ezekiel prophesied in Chapters 38/39 of a war in Israel that would be fought with wooden weapons of warfare "Fulfilled"
No. Never happened. It is not the latter days either.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see it as future "Muslim" nations armies surrounding Jerusalem, and the conflict will be over a future conflict with Jews over the temple mount, a "Muslim" holy site
My thinking on that is that the militarized Muslim nations will have been wiped out in Gog/Magog, and so the beast armies will be more Roman than Muslim. I think any idea of a Muslim Caliphate will be over by then.

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, do you believe in a "Future" literal coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens as seen below?

Revelation 1:7KJV
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
Again, I have answered you already.

You do not understand what you are reading.
  • "Future" is only future to those to whom Jesus has not yet appeared...it was "future" when He said it, but began "shortly" thereafter, just as He said, and as Paul said, "each in his own order."
  • "Literal" is what occurs in the presence of God. To the contrary, what you think of as literal is of this world and not of the kingdom of God, nor are the things of this world actually literal, but that which was created in manifest image for revelations, a foreshadowing of that which is actually real before God.
As for the verse-- it is exactly as written, which I do not "believe", but know to be true.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the response, as it stands I see your belief in the camp of "Full Preterism"

You dont believe in a future bodily resurrection of the believer, or a literal return of Jesus Christ in the heavens

"Full Preterism"

Jesus Is The Lord
No--that is not what I believe.

Apparently, you do not even know or understand the definition of that which you call me.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No--that is not what I believe.

Apparently, you do not even know or understand the definition of that which you call me.
Direct Questions:

1.) Do you believe in a future literal bodily resurrection of the believers?

2.) Do you believe in a future literal visible return of Jesus Christ in the heavens?

Those who would answer "No" to the 2 simple questions above, would be in the "Full Preterist" camp

A simple (yes/no) will do, no need to run about the bush

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think most who lived out their fulfilled prophesy accepted it as fulfilled?

The first century Jews literally killed themselves and destroyed Jerusalem to fulfill their prophecy. Yet they still rejected any fulfillment at all. Most of Israel today is still looking for the first arrival of the Messiah. The fulfilment they want, not the one God planned before creation.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you think most who lived out their fulfilled prophesy accepted it as fulfilled?

Explain what year Turkey, Russia ,Iran, Libya, and etc invaded Israel and were wiped out there so that it took months and years to clean up their corpses and remains and debris?
The first century Jews literally killed themselves and destroyed Jerusalem to fulfill their prophecy.
Yet I never heard of that. Insignificant fanatics could never fulfill prophesy such as Eze 38,39
Most of Israel today is still looking for the first arrival of the Messiah.

Since Jesus fulfilled hundreds of prophesies, did miracles no one else ever did, and rose from the dead, and proved His love and reality in the lives and hearts of billions of people since then, they are without excuse. For what if some did not believe, shall their unbelief make the faith of God, or prophesy of no effect? No. God is true, despite the liars. (paraphrased verse)

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now you make yourself clear.

The prophecies were made thousands of years ago -- even 2000 years ago would have been "future."

But since you don't care, by the same measure you shall receive.
Since you either ignored or missed it, here is the instructions for the thread-
"This thread is not for people that view Revelations and most prophesies as history or present"

This means you

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain what year Turkey, Russia ,Iran, Libya, and etc invaded Israel and were wiped out there so that it took months and years to clean up their corpses and remains and debris?
Yet I never heard of that. Insignificant fanatics could never fulfill prophesy such as Eze 38,39

Since Jesus fulfilled hundreds of prophesies, did miracles no one else ever did, and rose from the dead, and proved His love and reality in the lives and hearts of billions of people since then, they are without excuse. For what if some did not believe, shall their unbelief make the faith of God, or prophesy of no effect? No. God is true, despite the liars. (paraphrased verse)
Explain what attacking Israel entails.

"Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured. Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord God."

Sounds about right that many have died between the Euphrates and the Nile, especially just south of Turkey, the northern boundary, in what is currently Syria. Where do these verses state any in Israel called of Jacob are even mentioned?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you either ignored or missed it, here is the instructions for the thread-
"This thread is not for people that view Revelations and most prophesies as history or present"

This means you
You not hearing or understanding me correctly, does not make that true-- It's not true. That is not what I said.

On the contrary, I believe and know that it is exactly as John was told to write:

Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this. Revelation 1:19 --past, present, and future.
Does this mean that in your thread you intent to take away what is written there? Because you seem very hostile.

Last edited:

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Explain what attacking Israel entails.

"Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured. Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord God."

Sounds about right that many have died between the Euphrates and the Nile, especially just south of Turkey, the northern boundary, in what is currently Syria. Where do these verses state any in Israel called of Jacob are even mentioned?
So random people die somewhere in the hills near the middle east and you think that is prophesy fulfilled. So those 'many' that 'golly gee must have died' somewhere near a river--were they under the orders of Gog?
Was that as verse 8 says 'in the latter years'?
Were they on their way to the land of 'land of unwalled villages' to take a prey From 'the people that are gathered out of the nations'?
Was that in the time when 'In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely'?
Was the leader of those random dead 'he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets'?
When those supposed people who 'must have died' was there a great shaking in the land of Israel"
Etc

Because people who disrespect and disbelieve prophesy cannot intelligently debate or discuss specifics of a future prophesy, the OP made it clear who was to not reply here.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You not hearing or understanding me correctly, does not make that true-- It's not true. That is not what I said.

On the contrary, I believe and know that it is exactly as John was told to write:

Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this. Revelation 1:19 --past, present, and future.
Does this mean that in your thread you intent to take away what is written there? Because you seem very hostile.

So do you view Eze 38 and 39 as future events of prophesy? Yes or no? It is also a canard and dishonest to pretend that the present aspects of Revelation are what were being referred to.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So do you view Eze 38 and 39 as future events of prophesy? Yes or no? It is also a canard and dishonest to pretend that the present aspects of Revelation are what were being referred to.
Yes, but only because some have not come into them as yet. But for those to whom it has come already, the answer would be, No.

The problem here, is that you do not understand the circumstances or the context.

For example: If I started a thread that asked the question: "When was the Lamb of God slain?" Would it be appropriate for me to exclude you if you said, "Before the foundation of the world?"

You have asked a similar question.

So...just what is your intention here--what kind of thread is this? Do you not want to include "all truth"--the very thing that was appointed to us during these times?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So random people die somewhere in the hills near the middle east and you think that is prophesy fulfilled. So those 'many' that 'golly gee must have died' somewhere near a river--were they under the orders of Gog?
Was that as verse 8 says 'in the latter years'?
Were they on their way to the land of 'land of unwalled villages' to take a prey From 'the people that are gathered out of the nations'?
Was that in the time when 'In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely'?
Was the leader of those random dead 'he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets'?
When those supposed people who 'must have died' was there a great shaking in the land of Israel"
Etc

Because people who disrespect and disbelieve prophesy cannot intelligently debate or discuss specifics of a future prophesy, the OP made it clear who was to not reply here.

Not just random people. Those nations mentioned have been waging a war for at least a decade as Ezekiel claimed.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, but only because some have not come into them as yet. But for those to whom it has come already, the answer would be, No.

The problem here, is that you do not understand the circumstances or the context.

For example: If I started a thread that asked the question: "When was the Lamb of God slain?" Would it be appropriate for me to exclude you if you said, "Before the foundation of the world?"

You have asked a similar question.

So...just what is your intention here--what kind of thread is this? Do you not want to include "all truth"--the very thing that was appointed to us during these times?
So rather than not respond with posts trying to place prophesy in the past you desire to cluck up another thread with endless unbelief spam that is offered as something else. Not good manners.