Timing of Eze 37 and 38 pre Trib?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not just random people. Those nations mentioned have been waging a war for at least a decade as Ezekiel claimed.
Those nations were together under a leader referred to as Gog. They came to invade Israel and etc etc. Not to pick mushrooms in fields or whatever you think they were doing.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those nations were together under a leader referred to as Gog. They came to invade Israel and etc etc. Not to pick mushrooms in fields or whatever you think they were doing.
Verse please.

You seem to be looking for your version of this prophecy, not God's. No one is going to keep attacking Israel multiple times. They are going to wage war. Then at some point that comes to a boiling point, and Jesus steps in per Zechariah 14.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Verse please.

You seem to be looking for your version of this prophecy, not God's. No one is going to keep attacking Israel multiple times. They are going to wage war. Then at some point that comes to a boiling point, and Jesus steps in per Zechariah 14.
Verse please that says Israel will only be attacked once? While you are at it, show us when that battle of all those countries mentioned that attacked Israel happened? The OP tried to avoid time wasting exchanges with unbelievers in bible prophesy by making it clear the thread was not people that tried to place most prophesy of the end time in the past. Did you miss that?

One cannot fine tune the details of prophesy with people who spend all their time denying them. Instead of iron sharpening iron, that is more like - hamster, meet wheel.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verse please that says Israel will only be attacked once? While you are at it, show us when that battle of all those countries mentioned that attacked Israel happened? The OP tried to avoid time wasting exchanges with unbelievers in bible prophesy by making it clear the thread was not people that tried to place most prophesy of the end time in the past. Did you miss that?

One cannot fine tune the details of prophesy with people who spend all their time denying them. Instead of iron sharpening iron, that is more like - hamster, meet wheel.
The war in Syria is ongoing, just waiting for that last nudge. Not sure why you cannot see it is God Who is doing the hook, and Second Coming maneuver? You think God is waiting on Satan or some human's whim for the Second Coming to happen?

I ask again, "How many times at the last moment does Israel get attacked?". How many times does Jerusalem not get destroyed? You seem to be the one stuck on current carnal Israel, instead of God's promises to Abraham's Israel.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
This is a thread to discuss the invasion of Israel by the forces led by the Northern power. This thread is not for people that view Revelations and most prophesies as history or present. So here is the question, and it is from a standpoint of asking rather than knowing it all.

Ezekiel 38:18
And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord God , that my fury shall come up in my face.

So could this be the start of the Tribulation, where the Rapture occurs? The start of God's wrath!?
This great war sounds like it is not the final war, where nations gathered (again in Israel) just when He returns to earth and destroys them all. The final in Rev 19 battle is similar in that birds are called to dispose of the dead people. Are these 2 different battles?
If so, why? If not, why?

Ezekiel 38 :18 is when Russia attacks America . Revelation 19 is that same battle .
Two battles will be happening at the same time

This starts the Day of the Lord, ie, the millennium . There is no rapture in between.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So rather than not respond with posts trying to place prophesy in the past you desire to cluck up another thread with endless unbelief spam that is offered as something else. Not good manners.
I can stop at any time. The loss would not be mine--I have done more than enough already.

But no, God would raise up another less reasonable than me, and you would realize the fate you deserve.

Better for you, if you invite me to stay...and pray I do.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The war in Syria is ongoing, just waiting for that last nudge. Not sure why you cannot see it is God Who is doing the hook, and Second Coming maneuver? You think God is waiting on Satan or some human's whim for the Second Coming to happen?
A civil war next to Israel is not the prophesy. Not sure why you are so desperate to wave it away and cannot conceive of prophesy as real.
I ask again, "How many times at the last moment does Israel get attacked?".

We would need to discuss whether Eze has just the one attack or if the prophesy said it did as you seem to suggest. Another poster gave an actual reply and layed out how in his opinion there are 2 wars. All you seem to do is try to cast doubt and muddy the water.

The time when God brings Gog down to Israel is what you should focus on if addressing the topic.

Last edited:

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ezekiel 38 :18 is when Russia attacks America . Revelation 19 is that same battle .
Two battles will be happening at the same time

This starts the Day of the Lord, ie, the millennium . There is no rapture in between.
I never viewed the US as the mountains of Israel myself.

Last edited:

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can stop at any time. The loss would not be mine--I have done more than enough already.

But no, God would raise up another less reasonable than me, and you would realize the fate you deserve.

Better for you, if you invite me to stay...and pray I do.
No one needs worry about the fate they deserve since Jesus fixed it.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Squirm, squirm. :(
Your absence of a direct response to the questions below, will lead me to believe your answer is "No" to the two questions

Direct Questions:

1.) Do you believe in a future literal bodily resurrection of the believers?

2.) Do you believe in a future literal visible return of Jesus Christ in the heavens?

Those who would answer "No" to the 2 simple questions above, would be in the "Full Preterist" camp

A simple (yes/no) will do, no need to run about the bush

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I never viewed the US as the mountains of Israel myself.

Ezekiel 38:7 "Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them."

This is a message from God to Russia and all the nations and peoples that support her. "Be thou prepared", get ready, for it is God that will teach them a lesson that will never be forgotten.

Ezekiel 38:8 "After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them."

the United States paid seven million dollars for the land that these mighty armies of Russia and her allies will be killed. I'm talking about Seward's Folly, and the purchase of Alaska for the United States. We are the House of Israel mentioned here, and the "mountains" are the nations and peoples of today which are the offspring from that old "House of Israel". We are referring to the Christian nations of today.

ezekiel38 (theseason.org)

Reactions: Davy

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ezekiel 38:7 "Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them."

This is a message from God to Russia and all the nations and peoples that support her. "Be thou prepared", get ready, for it is God that will teach them a lesson that will never be forgotten.

Ezekiel 38:8 "After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them."

the United States paid seven million dollars for the land that these mighty armies of Russia and her allies will be killed. I'm talking about Seward's Folly, and the purchase of Alaska for the United States. We are the House of Israel mentioned here, and the "mountains" are the nations and peoples of today which are the offspring from that old "House of Israel". We are referring to the Christian nations of today.

ezekiel38 (theseason.org)
So to clarify then, Alaska is the mountains of Israel of which the prophesy refers in your opinion.You also posit that the house of Israel really means 'christian nations'. I doubt that would even pass for humour.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your absence of a direct response to the questions below, will lead me to believe your answer is "No" to the two questions

Direct Questions:

1.) Do you believe in a future literal bodily resurrection of the believers?

2.) Do you believe in a future literal visible return of Jesus Christ in the heavens?

Those who would answer "No" to the 2 simple questions above, would be in the "Full Preterist" camp

A simple (yes/no) will do, no need to run about the bush
I have answered you many times on many threads.

But your accusations, and not receiving my answer of reconciling all scripture, is very telling.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

But your accusations, and not receiving my answer of reconciling all scripture, is very telling.
One could post the link to the reply if one felt typing a few sentences was too mush in answering a simple question.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm not accusing you of anything

It's my observation after conversation and questions that you deny a literal future bodily resurrection of the righteous believers, and a literal future coming of the Lord in the heavens, that will be seen by human eyes upon this literal earth

It's my opinion that your belief would be in agreement with (Gnosticism) and (Full Preterism) "My Opinion"

You can argue your belief is scriptural all you want, that fact as I see it, denial future bodily resurrection and literal visible return of Jesus in the heavens

Closely related to (Gnosticism) (Full Preterism) "My Opinion"

Jesus Is The Lord

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A civil war next to Israel is not the prophesy. Not sure why you are so desperate to wave it away and cannot conceive of prophesy as real.

We would need to discuss whether Eze has just the one attack or if the prophesy said it did as you seem to suggest. Another poster gave an actual reply and layed out how in his opinion there are 2 wars. All you seem to do is try to cast doubt and muddy the water.

The time when God brings Gog down to Israel is what you should focus on if addressing the topic.
The civil war was just one hook to get Russia into the area. Why or how would Russia get their troops into the promised land? You think these chapters give a long time after a certain point, but it has already been that long time, is my point.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The civil war was just one hook to get Russia into the area. Why or how would Russia get their troops into the promised land? You think these chapters give a long time after a certain point, but it has already been that long time, is my point.
So did they bury the dead and clean up seven years? The set up for the coming fulfillment has been happening for years, but the prophesy is not about a set up.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So did they bury the dead and clean up seven years? The set up for the coming fulfillment has been happening for years, but the prophesy is not about a set up.
Longer than that. They are still cleaning up the mess.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Longer than that. They are still cleaning up the mess.
There was no invasion of Israel by the powers named so there was nothing to clean up yet. Once again you are trying to slide posts in a thread about future prophesy that try to portray it as history. Why be sneaky?