Timing of the abomination of desolation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I don't believe any of that. I believe the Israeli goverment in Jerusalem today is reigning over Israel in Christ's place. Remember Christ is king of Israel.
I believe the Muslim nations want Jerusalem for thier own though and will take it for a very short time before they are destroyed.

Your ideas are a HUGE JOKE. Wasting my time with you not making sense.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
You just lost me. I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Jesus' teaching about the event of the "abomination of desolation" is for the LAST GENERATION on this earth, NOT for the time of His crucifixion.

That message was to someone else. Look at who I quoted and that was my response to them.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Your ideas are a HUGE JOKE. Wasting my time with you not making sense.

No, it's no joke. The ten Muslim nations that attack Jerusalem want to process it. In fact they are Instructed to in the Quran. No one in the EU want Jerusalem and no one there will try to take it from the Israeli goverment.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said when they people in Judea would see the abomination of desolation, that they would flee as fast as they could to the mountains. I don't believe a single person did that when they saw a cross. I do remember John taking marry home though.
Did you not see the dead in Christ rise with Him, of whom Christ was the Last? Did you not see salvation come unto the gentiles, of whom Christ was the First?

Of course you didn't--you don't even see it now. But this is Armageddon, which is spiritually the gathering and the harvest of the hills--the crowds, the gentiles.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said "For then".

From Strong's, "then" means "when the thing under discussion takes place (or shall have taken place)", referring to the Judean Christians' flight, and the following events of AD70.
"Then" just means it was yet to occur. Which was indeed before His crucifixion, that greatest tribulation and abomination which brings forth desolation and the End, which is Christ.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Then" just means it was yet to occur. Which was indeed before His crucifixion, that greatest tribulation and abomination which brings forth desolation and the End, which is Christ.

The "thing under discussion" was the Judeans' flight, which occurred over 30 years after the crucifixion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "thing under discussion" was the Judean's flight, which occurred over 30 years after the crucifixion.
That is the account of the history, true enough. But that was not the act itself, but only the confirmation about the time of the end of that evil generation.

The act itself was rather the dead in Christ rising up with Him in His ascension, the first who were last. And the fleeing to the mountains, was the remnant scattered to the gentiles: Armageddon.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe Daniel got his own prophecy wrong when he said it's the armed forces who place the abomination of desolation?

No you have placed the timing wrong! Teh AOD you are referring to is when Greece conquered the Medeo/Pertsian empire as I already said. Then Alecxander dying and the four generals battling for the kingdom.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dan. 8:9 shifts from Alexander the Great to the Anti-Christ, just like Daniel 11:21-34 SKIPS from Antiochus to the Anti-Christ in verse 36.

I don't GUESS, I have the Holy Spirit and this is my calling, I leave the guessing to others.

Satan does not physically have a son. Judas was also a son of perdition.

No they don't! god does not mess around like that without giving us grammatic clues to tell us so. He did not in Daniel 8 or Daniel 11.

Daniel 8:9 is fully connected with verse 8 Here:
8 Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven.

9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

When Alexander died in verse 8 (the great horn) four horns grew up in its place: Lysimachus, Cassander, Antigonus and Ptolemy. And from the lineage of one of them (Seleucius from teh Lysimachus line) came Antiochus!

When I get teh time, I will show you that Daniel 11 is also a prophecy of the four kings battling.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus the time of "great tribulation" is the LATTER HALF of the 7 years "one week". What's HALF of 7 years??

It is 1260 days, or 42 months, or a time, times, and half a time.
This cannot work. Matthew 24:15-20 is one event 42 months:

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand) . Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:"

The colon separates that last event from an event that has to happen first. Matthew 24:21-28:

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together."

The days of the GT will be shortened. The days of desolation from the AoD are 42 months and cannot be shortened.

There is not a GT after the 42 months. The GT is not the 42 months. The GT happens first and is shortened.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Jesus said "For then".

From Strong's, "then" means "when the thing under discussion takes place (or shall have taken place)", referring to the Judean Christians' flight, and the following events of AD70.

Yet you don't see a problem with this.You say Jesus's referring to Daniels time of great distress took place in 70 AD, but you say Daniel's time of great distress is yet to take place.

Seems to me the only way you could be right is if one of them is wrong and the only way they both could be right is if you are wrong.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Did you not see the dead in Christ rise with Him, of whom Christ was the Last? Did you not see salvation come unto the gentiles, of whom Christ was the First?

Of course you didn't--you don't even see it now. But this is Armageddon, which is spiritually the gathering and the harvest of the hills--the crowds, the gentiles.

Armegeddon is actually a place. It is the plain at the base of Mt Megido in Israel.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
No you have placed the timing wrong! Teh AOD you are referring to is when Greece conquered the Medeo/Pertsian empire as I already said. Then Alecxander dying and the four generals battling for the kingdom.

I don't have the timing wrong. Jesus showed me the timing in the gospel and it makes perfect sense. I'm glad he revealed it to me.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet you don't see a problem with this.You say Jesus's referring to Daniels time of great distress took place in 70 AD, but you say Daniel's time of great distress is yet to take place.

Seems to me the only way you could be right is if one of them is wrong and the only way they both could be right is if you are wrong.

Jesus refers to Daniel 9:26(b)-27. That's 70 AD.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
Jesus refers to Daniel 9:26(b)-27. That's 70 AD.

No, Jesus was referring to Daniel's time of great distress here. A time of great distress, the likes have never happened.

Matthew 24:21 NIV: For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now--and never to be equaled again.

You said Jesus's referring to Daniel's time of great distress was in 70 AD but you also say Daniel's time of great distress has not happened.This is the time of Daniel's great distress.

Daniel 12:1 NIV: "At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people--everyone whose name is found written in the book--will be delivered.

Like I said, the only way you could be right is if one of them is wrong and the only way they could both be right is if you are wrong.
There could only be one time of distress,, such as has not happened since the beginning of the nations until then or one of them is wrong. Which one do you say is wrong?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, Jesus was referring to Daniel's time of great distress here. A time of great distress, the likes have never happened.

Matthew 24:21 NIV: For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now--and never to be equaled again.

You said Jesus's referring to Daniel's time of great distress was in 70 AD but you also say Daniel's time of great distress has not happened.This is the time of Daniel's great distress.

Daniel 12:1 NIV: "At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people--everyone whose name is found written in the book--will be delivered.

Like I said, the only way you could be right is if one of them is wrong and the only way they could both be right is if you are wrong.
There could only be one time of distress,, such as has not happened since the beginning of the nations until then or one of them is wrong. Which one do you say is wrong?

I pointed out the meaning of "then" Matthew 24:21 referring to 70 AD.

Both Daniel 9 and Daniel 12 also refer to 70 AD.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said "For then".

Luke delt with the Roman armies 3 years prior to 70AD. Matthew is dealing with the last 42 months prior to the battle of Armageddon, which is still future.

Most here combine Scripture that was already divided between 2 different books of the NT. These 2 events did not and will not happen in the same century.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have the timing wrong. Jesus showed me the timing in the gospel and it makes perfect sense. I'm glad he revealed it to me.

Ah Yes, Teh special revelation form god. Do you know you are about the hundredth person on these threads who claim that special revelation that goes contrary to plain normal readings?

why should you be accepted any more than the hundred others who claim God showed them and they all disagree with you and the bible as written?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Luke delt with the Roman armies 3 years prior to 70AD. Matthew is dealing with the last 42 months prior to the battle of Armageddon, which is still future.

Most here combine Scripture that was already divided between 2 different books of the NT. These 2 events did not and will not happen in the same century.

Luke 21:20 is the synoptic clarifying parallel to Matthew 24:15, identifying the abomination of desolation.

Both referring to 70 AD.