Timothy and the Church of Ephesus - Revelation 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Church history has Timothy in the position of Bishop at the Church in Ephesus. It also tells us that he was stoned to death for preaching against the goddess Diana sometime between 95-98 AD.

In Revelation 2 we find God is not pleased with the Church in Ephesus due to its loss of love for God, its first love.

In Ephesians 1:15 Paul is pleased with the Church for its faith in God and love of Saints. Ephesians is said to be written between 60 and 66 AD. The Church had to fall out of favor with God between Paul's death in 67 AD and the time of Revelation 2. Most fall into the camp of Revelation being written by John between 95-97 AD. The error in the Church looks to have taken place between 67 AD and 97 AD.

Do we think that the Church started to err under Timothy's watch as Bishop or after his death?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we think that the Church started to err under Timothy's watch as Bishop or after his death?
I don't think this is something we can know for certain, and I'm not comfortable speculating. I don't see edification.

Much love!