To church or not to church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep , that is indeed the attitude these days...it makes a person weep.
"They" run the church with no thought for God's will or leadership.
I hate man's legalism... with very bone in my body.

I have been accused of trying to please God, And I confess that I do try to please God, for He is the only one worth pleasing!!! Gods Word, God is Right, and His Son Came In His name to do His Will, and we need to look to God and His will to find Favor in His Sight. In Revelation it says that those that keep His Commandments, Will have the Right to the Tree Of Life!

Reactions: FHII

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds good...but I don't agree with it :)

Jesus went to the bars, and rubbed shoulders with publicans and sinners...He did not go to the Synagogue to find the "sinners"!!! He stood in boats or on hills and in fields..
It used to puzzle me in my early christian days when we all gathered in the Sunday evening gospel meeting and the dear old Pastor preached his gospel message every single week to the same group of well saved christians!!! :rolleyes:

John Wesley, George Whitfield and the great evangelists rode many miles from one town to the next town and "amazingly" could preach to thousands while standing on a hill, to a huge crowds who had walked for sometimes days...to gather in a field to hear them. No pews, no microphones, but with a mighty anointing...and hundreds upon hundreds getting saved....
That was "God at work."

So, at one time the preachers would go to the people...these days they just stand in their man made pulpits, in fancy buildings and wonder why the people don't come to them!!o_O

No, I do not go "to church".
Amen! I sure hope there are preachers and pastors reading this.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES MY FRIEND, God Chose Abraham, Because He,[God] Knew that Abraham would pass on the Word Of God to, Not only His Family, BUT to all those that were in His Flock, everyone in His Assembly, so to speak, those that traveled with Him. so anyone one that comes together to admonish God, Savior, and the word, can come to understandings by Discussions, to find the Meat of the word.

I've heard it said that the penitent bring the blessings from Heaven into the world. and old school English "meat" can be bread, basically "meat" was anything food in general that was a solid not liquid. and if you remember in the Torah most of the time the translators of KJV didn't use "meat" for offerings like lambs and heifers. they used "meat" when it was the bread and how the bread was to be prepared.

and Jesus always referred to himself as the bread, and also the living water.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When in England this is what we had...this is our church conducted itself...an open forum..and Spirit lead, everyone who spoke was in order and done with respect for one another. If two stood to their feet at the same time..one would just defer to the other to go first. Our meeting were about three hours , which seemed like 45 mins...none of us ever wanted to go home.
Moved to Canada and never ever found a church which comes close.
So...we do not "church" now. :)

hello............... you are doing it right now.

your complaint maybe warranted, but now you may speak freely about the Lord, and respond to any dissention if it please you.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! I sure hope there are preachers and pastors reading this.

most likely their not, and if they are they don't want to hear it, sights like this if taken more seriously continue they would loss their jobs their income their way of supporting their families. and rest assured they don't like it and will do what ever they can to not let it take their jobs from them.

and the proof that its true is they are always pandering the public and appeasing those who contribute financially, and getting members to fulfill agendas that waist the availability of the laborer, giving the lay the false sense of working for God, therefore they become corrupt.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
most likely their not, and if they are they don't want to hear it, sights like this if taken more seriously continue they would loss their jobs their income their way of supporting their families. and rest assured they don't like it and will do what ever they can to not let it take their jobs from them.

and the proof that its true is they are always pandering the public and appeasing those who contribute financially, and getting members to fulfill agendas that waist the availability of the laborer, giving the lay the false sense of working for God, therefore they become corrupt.
:(

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

its ok Scott, Jesus loves you. LOL

sorry couldn't help it.

anyway the Lord always takes care of His own, you can bet when things changed for the Christians in Israel in 70 AD they were despondent at first. or when the protestants made their grievances known or when England started the church of England, Catholics were of some despair as in the ones who cared. when one field is wore out, the farmer goes to the next to get his yield.

and as you well know Israel being reestablish is truly a sigh of the times that the day of the Gentiles is just about over.

Reactions: ScottA

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When in England this is what we had...this is our church conducted itself...an open forum..and Spirit lead, everyone who spoke was in order and done with respect for one another. If two stood to their feet at the same time..one would just defer to the other to go first. Our meeting were about three hours , which seemed like 45 mins...none of us ever wanted to go home.
Moved to Canada and never ever found a church which comes close.
So...we do not "church" now. :)
Where I attend now we do try to have an open forum in all of our services where anyone can get up and preach or teach or testify or sing a song as the Spirit him. It has worked better than other places where I've attended with their rigid pre-programmed services. The ones who preach or teach [including me at times] stand and speak as God give them scriptures and words. Rarely have I seen anyone use any written outline or notes of any kind. No one has been to a Bible school or seminary and even the pastor has no certificate of completion to confirm that a man or men have ordained him. He has been a minister for close to 80 years. [He is 92] Perfect? No, but it allows for the Holy Spirit to lead in a way that most places with their man-made rules would never permit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisteuo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I guess I am stepping into dangerous waters here. Not wanting to offend anyone.
But NO, tried that. There are many here...even dear old Quakers..
But that is not the type of meetings I was speaking about...
We will disagree I know...because I am talking about a Holy Spirit lead meeting...and most people will just presume that any "christian" meeting is Spirit lead.
Best I just shut up now. lol
NO, sister, you are telling how it should be everywhere. Everywhere, including the place I worship, has men either controlling or working to gain control [this last being my present situation as my pastor move slowly toward the end of his course].

Men do not trust God enough to let go of the reins. This is true for individuals and it is true for groups.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Try standing up in Church and begin to ask questions, only to gain a better understanding, of what might be being taught!!! Again wheres the Meat.
It is still both allowed and encouraged where I attend, but fewer and fewer people take advantage of the opportunity given to stand and ask a question any more during a service and even to interrupt in the middle of someone's message to ask a question about the message. Are believers losing something or have many of them actually already lost it? Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: Truth and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus ..excellent post .
We know the Enemy is a thief and liar from the beginning...he has sure robbed and continues to rob God people.
I believe we have already 'lost it'.
Fear as usual ( *which I have always felt was the fruit which was offered and accepted in the Garden) fear is ruling the day... People fear to be different, fear to stand up and follow the Holy Spirit, fear that they are wrong, fear of losing their reputation, fear those who are in charge ..and fear to rock the boat.
That is why I got out of that boat a long time ago. :)
But, it is so sad...all the "what could have been's".
Fear is ruling the day, the churches... Fear of the hierarchy saying they have not added enough new members... fear of the hierarchy being in a younger "bible schooled" smooth Pastor. and...fear of the congregation and fearing to not preach what is acceptable to those who give the biggest offering to the church! Now the last one I have seen over and over...
Once I walked into a meeting ( one that we were a part of...but one here in Canada...not back in England where it was free..)
..And people were hushed and whispering...( NOT reading their bibles or praying, or I would not have done it) I just felt deep in my spirit the smothering of fear and religiosity ..( not reverence) So I turned toward them all and in a big loud voice I said.. " Good morning everyone...what a glorious day to be alive...how good our God is! "
One of the elders scowled at me..and said " Why did you do that?"
( Dave and I were also leadership there too) So I said.." I did that because I hate demons..and when I walked into this room I smelt the spirits of fear, oppression and most of all "religion"....I will not ever bow to or be controlled any filthy religious spirits. "
John, you are probably very thankful that we are not in the same fellowship as me...I would probably make you cringe. :D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know the Enemy is a thief and liar from the beginning...he has sure robbed and continues to rob God people.
Fear as usual ( *which I have always felt was the fruit which was offered and accepted in the Garden) fear is ruling the day... People fear to be different, fear to stand up and follow the Holy Spirit, fear that they are wrong, fear of losing their reputation, fear those who are in charge ..and fear to rock the boat.
As you know, I really want out the boat I am in... even though on the surface it seems better than the others. This "seems better" also get me into trouble at times with God, because I find myself wanting to take sides. Oh yes, the sides exist and too often both sides are missing God, at least in a measure. I know that God wants me to remain in this particular boat for now even though He has also let me know that it too is leaking and sinking. The thing is that there are a few within who sincerely love God and refuse to take sides.

Fear is ruling the day, the churches... Fear of the hierarchy saying they have not added enough new members... fear of the hierarchy being in a younger "bible schooled" smooth Pastor. and...fear of the congregation and fearing to not preach what is acceptable to those who give the biggest offering to the church! Now the last one I have seen over and over...
Ah, yes, membership decline and money to do God's work and money to line my pockets, etc. I love to attend some of the large gatherings of people to hear some really gifted ministers preach and teach, but they cannot seem to stop someone who is of course in the know about the shortage of finances to stand and talk a good talk of what is needed [money!]. They do it better here [really, what does that mean?] but they do it nonetheless.

Once I walked into a meeting ( one that we were a part of...but one here in Canada...not back in England where it was free..)
..And people were hushed and whispering...( NOT reading their bibles or praying, or I would not have done it) I just felt deep in my spirit the smothering of fear and religiosity ..( not reverence) So I turned toward them all and in a big loud voice I said.. " Good morning everyone...what a glorious day to be alive...how good our God is! "
( Dave and I were also leadership there too) So I said.." I did that because I hate demons..and when I walked into this room I smelt the spirits of fear, oppression and most of all "religion"....I will not ever bow to or be controlled any filthy religious spirits. "

All of this makes understand better why God made me so naive. If I had understood more, as the world understands, I could not have done what I did do and likely would have quit trying many things years ago. My wife was always given to know long before me when the time to leave a place [read church group] was upon us. I dragged my feet even though I also saw the writing on the wall. I have come to understand with regard to all of those places we have been, why it was the "Jesus wept". You spoke the words that my wife spoke even as I dragged my feet one more time.

Why indeed did you do that? Has no one heard? "Man never spake like that man!"

John, you are probably very thankful that we are not in the same fellowship as me...I would probably make you cringe. :D
NO, Helen, I was there, but in different geographic locations with different specific details and I continued to drag me feet at the end of each. But God held me and brought on to the next one. Growing, growing all of the time even though at time it was really like a yo yo, my own pathway that is when I failed to grasp the details of my own walk.

Consider 40 years in the wilderness. Who is rebelling against God 10 times?

Give God the glory!

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

well as you probably know, people seek the approval of others, and in this case its no different. Jesus the Beloved Son of God walks into a synagogue and restores someone's limb by nothing other than the Power of God, and they didn't approve. so, that's the way it goes, if you walk with the Lord then seek His approval in all things pertaining to life and living, leave the rest to the already dead.