To church or not to church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zechariah 8:23- thus says the Lord of Hosts; In those days, 10 men from every nation will take hold of the Garment of a Jew, and say let us go with you, for we know that God is with You!
Jeremiah 17:19-21 - O lord my strength and my fortress; My refuge in the day of affliction, The Gentiles shall come to you From the ends of the Earth and Say, Surly our fathers have Inherited Lie's, Worthlessness and unprofitable things." 20 - Will a man make gods for himself, Which are not gods?- Therefore behold, I [God] will this once cause them to know, My hand and My might; And they shall know that My Name is?
I do not believe that any Church is giving Us the wholeness of understanding! Consider this the Apostles were commanded to go and teach what our Savior taught them! Right! and they were to go and do what our Savior did! Right! The book of Acts shows us that they were doing what they were Instructed to do! Right! Mathew 5: 17 is where Our Savoir began to Teach them, first the Beatitudes, Read 5: 1, He saw the multitudes, then went up on the Mountain, Right! AND HIS Disciples came to Him, Then He Opened His Mouth and TAUGHT THEM! are we doing what He taught! I have found more Truth outside of Church

well if you remember Paul teaches to not abandon the body (meaning the church) so what is this? then when Paul was evangelizing just what was the church? and wasn't it that they would gather at each others homes like friends do today? and for what wouldn't it to be to share in a common Life and its experiences like people do today in other life styles, trades, businesses and industries?

that could be done anywhere where people can communicate, isn't that true?

its the guilt and shame of not attending the universal church (catholic) has perverted that for their own purposes and the protestants have retained the same for the same.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well if you remember Paul teaches to not abandon the body (meaning the church) so what is this? then when Paul was evangelizing just what was the church? and wasn't it that they would gather at each others homes like friends do today? and for what wouldn't it to be to share in a common Life and its experiences like people do today in other life styles, trades, businesses and industries?

that could be done anywhere where people can communicate, isn't that true?

its the guilt and shame of not attending the universal church (catholic) has perverted that for their own purposes and the protestants have retained the same for the same.

Rightly said<But where were we Instructed to go to a Place of worship, and sit for an Hour or more and stand up and pray, and sit down and then stand up and sing and sit down again, and listen to someone talk about what kind of activities are going to be put forth to draw in the younger people, and so on, and then hear a Sermon on Salvation, in hopes that maybe a non-believer might except our Savior. Wheres the Meat. In the time that Our Savior walked among us, at the Synagogue, they would read the Torah, then there was an open forum, so people could express, and reason with each other, and then the Scriptures were the deciding factor! Try standing up in Church and begin to ask questions, only to gain a better understanding, of what might be being taught!!! Again wheres the Meat.

Reactions: amadeus and ScottA

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rightly said<But where were we Instructed to go to a Place of worship, and sit for an Hour or more and stand up and pray, and sit down and then stand up and sing and sit down again, and listen to someone talk about what kind of activities are going to be put forth to draw in the younger people, and so on, and then hear a Sermon on Salvation, in hopes that maybe a non-believer might except our Savior. Wheres the Meat. In the time that Our Savior walked among us, at the Synagogue, they would read the Torah, then there was an open forum, so people could express, and reason with each other, and then the Scriptures were the deciding factor! Try standing up in Church and begin to ask questions, only to gain a better understanding, of what might be being taught!!! Again wheres the Meat.

well to be honest with you, the Meat can be given and shared in places like this, note "can be". but we should also take into consideration what the Lord Jesus said to the same situation as far as place of worship:

Joh 4:19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. 21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

therefore the worship part is resolved, were ever you are, 24/7 worship is appropriate, because the Lord our God wants to be worshiped in Spirit and Truth. as far as God's approval is concerned.

as far as man's approval, who cares.

but the Meat as you know my blessed friend in Christ, can be shared and given any time two or more are together in the Lord.

anyways, In-n-Out beats out Wendy's hands down any day of the week, twice on Sundays.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, but imo it is in There, too. Scripture is alive, to a live ear at least, even if It is not Word, It is descended from Word

If scripture was of no effect, or just dead letters on a piece of paper, then why bother meditating on it?

(1 Timothy 4:13-16) "Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. {14} Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery. {15} Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. {16} Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee."

(Psalms 1:1-2) "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. {2} But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night."

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the time that Our Savior walked among us, at the Synagogue, they would read the Torah, then there was an open forum, so people could express, and reason with each other, and then the Scriptures were the deciding factor! Try standing up in Church and begin to ask questions, only to gain a better understanding, of what might be being taught!!!

When in England this is what we had...this is our church conducted itself...an open forum..and Spirit lead, everyone who spoke was in order and done with respect for one another. If two stood to their feet at the same time..one would just defer to the other to go first. Our meeting were about three hours , which seemed like 45 mins...none of us ever wanted to go home.
Moved to Canada and never ever found a church which comes close.
So...we do not "church" now. :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If scripture was of no effect, or just dead letters on a piece of paper, then why bother meditating on it?
i guess the replies would vary, depending upon whom we asked, ya. And not only vary between mjr and Amadeus, but everyone i guess. The Law is not evil, but ppls perspectives seem to vary there also

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When in England this is what we had...this is our church conducted itself...an open forum..and Spirit lead, everyone who spoke was in order and done with respect for one another. If two stood to their feet at the same time..one would just defer to the other to go first. Our meeting were about three hours , which seemed like 45 mins...none of us ever wanted to go home.
oh they're around, we got em too

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
oh they're around, we got em too

Well my friend then you are well blessed.
Every church we have tried here in 25 years has the hand of man firmly at the helm, not God's.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hmm, Mennonites maybe don't like the cold so much lol, dunno

Oh I guess I am stepping into dangerous waters here. Not wanting to offend anyone.
But NO, tried that. There are many here...even dear old Quakers..
But that is not the type of meetings I was speaking about...
We will disagree I know...because I am talking about a Holy Spirit lead meeting...and most people will just presume that any "christian" meeting is Spirit lead.
Best I just shut up now. lol

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i guess the replies would vary, depending upon whom we asked, ya. And not only vary between mjr and Amadeus, but everyone i guess. The Law is not evil, but ppls perspectives seem to vary there also

Well, they have a lot of nerve calling the ordinances of God evil, the very thing that Jesus had to fulfill for us to be saved. I'm sure God will have some choice words with them when the time comes.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Oh I guess I am stepping into dangerous waters here. Not wanting to offend anyone.
But NO, tried that. There are many here...even dear old Quakers..
But that is not the type of meetings I was speaking about...
We will disagree I know...because I am talking about a Holy Spirit lead meeting...and most people will just presume that any "christian" meeting is Spirit lead.
Best I just shut up now. lol
lol, well i guess every church is different, ya

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well, they have a lot of nerve calling the ordinances of God evil, the very thing that Jesus had to fulfill for us to be saved. I'm sure God will have some choice words with them when the time comes.
ha. Strangely enough, right in there is where i would be asserting the judgement that is eternal, and that has already been given lol

but ya, more or less.

Last edited:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If only we could, there is so much we could learn from one another, personally I have never experienced this! I asked a preacher once if It would be except-able to stand and ask for better understanding, and was told that that would be out of line, or order. do not interrupt a message!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If only we could, there is so much we could learn from one another, personally I have never experienced this! I asked a preacher once if It would be except-able to stand and ask for better understanding, and was told that that would be out of line, or order. do not interrupt a message!

Yep , that is indeed the attitude these days...it makes a person weep.
"They" run the church with no thought for God's will or leadership.
I hate man's legalism... with very bone in my body.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right.....

The answer to church is knock it down and creating a real church........

Next we’ll get started on fixing our school by creating school

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds good...but I don't agree with it :)

Jesus went to the bars, and rubbed shoulders with publicans and sinners...He did not go to the Synagogue to find the "sinners"!!! He stood in boats or on hills and in fields..
It used to puzzle me in my early christian days when we all gathered in the Sunday evening gospel meeting and the dear old Pastor preached his gospel message every single week to the same group of well saved christians!!! :rolleyes:

John Wesley, George Whitfield and the great evangelists rode many miles from one town to the next town and "amazingly" could preach to thousands while standing on a hill, to a huge crowds who had walked for sometimes days...to gather in a field to hear them. No pews, no microphones, but with a mighty anointing...and hundreds upon hundreds getting saved....
That was "God at work."

So, at one time the preachers would go to the people...these days they just stand in their man made pulpits, in fancy buildings and wonder why the people don't come to them!!o_O

No, I do not go "to church".

But Jesus always went to the synagogues.

Nothing wrong with outdoor preaching. Nothing wrong with churches and pulpits on Sunday.

The people of the Churches do go out to the people and witness. And the Church offers a place for a non-believer to go if he is interested in God and Christ.

Stranger

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well to be honest with you, the Meat can be given and shared in places like this, note "can be". but we should also take into consideration what the Lord Jesus said to the same situation as far as place of worship:

Joh 4:19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. 21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

therefore the worship part is resolved, were ever you are, 24/7 worship is appropriate, because the Lord our God wants to be worshiped in Spirit and Truth. as far as God's approval is concerned.

as far as man's approval, who cares.

but the Meat as you know my blessed friend in Christ, can be shared and given any time two or more are together in the Lord.

anyways, In-n-Out beats out Wendy's hands down any day of the week, twice on Sundays.

YES MY FRIEND, God Chose Abraham, Because He,[God] Knew that Abraham would pass on the Word Of God to, Not only His Family, BUT to all those that were in His Flock, everyone in His Assembly, so to speak, those that traveled with Him. so anyone one that comes together to admonish God, Savior, and the word, can come to understandings by Discussions, to find the Meat of the word.