To church or not to church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Study it all you like, without revelation from God, you will never understand it, thats why it is called revelation.

Yes, I certainly will, like Paul told us to do, to show myself approved. If Christians did it more often before they went out among the heathens running their damn mouth, then maybe the faith wouldn't be in the state that its in, as such a joke in the eyes of the world.

(2 Timothy 2:14-16) "Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. {15} Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. {16} But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness."

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should look up what it actually means, and we are approved because of what Jesus did, not our own doing.

You should look up what the verse was referring to in context. God cannot put you in remembrance of his word that you never bothered reading to begin with.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You should look up what the verse was referring to in context. God cannot put you in remembrance of his word that you never bothered reading to begin with.
See and now teh Holy Spirit has being disregarded, my sheep hear my voice, so many learned studied people so few who follow Jesus.

I am teh bread of life, you cant get life from teh bible no matter how much you study it.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See and now teh Holy Spirit has being disregarded, my sheep hear my voice, so many learned studied people so few who follow Jesus.

I am teh bread of life, you cant get life from teh bible no matter how much you study it.

Yeah, I get it, you hate the Bible because it is "mans religion"......its been altered...can't be trusted.....blah blah.....yet you keep quoting from it. I've met many people claiming to have the holy spirit, claiming to have met God "in the spirit", claiming to "know God", yet can't answer the harder philosophical questions concerning their own faith and the meaning of life itself, and why the hell we are even hear. So honestly, I could care less, only you know if you have the holy spirit, good for you if you do. The only way anyone else can know if you do is by your fruits, because it is by the fruits that I can know anyone.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah, I get it, you hate the Bible because it is "mans religion"......its been altered...can't be trusted.....blah blah.....yet you keep quoting from it. I've met many people claiming to have the holy spirit, claiming to have met God "in the spirit", claiming to "know God", yet can't answer the harder philosophical questions concerning their own faith and the meaning of life itself, and why the hell we are even hear. So honestly, I could care less, only you know if you have the holy spirit, good for you if you do. The only way anyone else can know if you do is by your fruits, because it is by the fruits that I can know anyone.
Hate teh bible, never said I hated it, ever. It has its place, but it is not God nor Jesus ,nor does it replace them, Read it if you want, more people know that book than Jesus, wonder why.

A glass filled has no place for anything else, an empty glass has lots of room.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has its place, but it is not God nor Jesus ,nor does it replace them,

Never said it did

more people know that book than Jesus, wonder why.

You also have just as many people claiming to know Jesus, yet will often make a fool of themselves, spreading the most blasphemous rubbish you'll ever hear, who lives in a world where 2 + 2 = 5.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You also have just as many people claiming to know Jesus, yet will often make a fool of themselves, spreading the most blasphemous rubbish you'll ever hear, who lives in a world where 2 + 2 = 5.
Yep no kidding, never thought it would be so, but than when I became a Christian, i never expected much.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hate teh bible, never said I hated it, ever. It has its place, but it is not God nor Jesus ,nor does it replace them, Read it if you want, more people know that book than Jesus, wonder why.

A glass filled has no place for anything else, an empty glass has lots of room.

You've said the Bible (Word of God) is an idol. You've said you use it (the Word of God) only because Christians want you to: from Post #33 in the thread *to church or not to church* you said: "Well the only time I pick up a bible is when I need to respond to christians who demand it..."
That sound like hate to me, since a Christian is supposed to hate idols. What do you tell non-Christians you talk to about Jesus? Should they ask God directly, to talk to Him face to face as you do?
The Bible is not God, for sure, but it contains the very words of God.

Reactions: Dcopymope

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

The Word of God is the Holy Spirit's sword, He wields it to enable us to distinguish what is of the flesh and what is of the spirit, and uses it to wash away the detritus that living in the world each day builds up within each one of us.

It is a vital means of sustenance for the believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, and is the yardstick by which we can measure not only what is said by others, but in determining our own actions. We neglect it to our loss.

I do not attend a place of worship, but God's Word is my delight. Within it's pages God, the Holy Spirit takes me on voyages of discovery, and takes of the things of Christ and makes them mine.

Praise His Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've said the Bible (Word of God) is an idol. You've said you use it (the Word of God) only because Christians want you to: from Post #33 in the thread *to church or not to church* you said: "Well the only time I pick up a bible is when I need to respond to christians who demand it..."
That sound like hate to me, since a Christian is supposed to hate idols. What do you tell non-Christians you talk to about Jesus? Should they ask God directly, to talk to Him face to face as you do?

I would really like to know what he tells unbelievers about Jesus since he apparently doesn't even use the words written in the Bible or even so much as refer to it. When they start asking him tough questions, and he is telling them to just "go ask God", then I'm not surprised, because that is one typical response they get as well. It sums up the terrible state the faith is really in when they really believe just telling someone to go "talk to God" about something is a real answer. Imagine if Paul, when contending for the faith with the great philosophers of his day in Rome and Greece gave the same half-baked responses. I don't think God would be too pleased with him.
default_no.gif

Reactions: tabletalk

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and teh devil and man and pharisees and teh religious, can you tell which is which??

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello there,

The Word of God is the Holy Spirit's sword, He wields it to enable us to distinguish what is of the flesh and what is of the spirit, and uses it to wash away the detritus that living in the world each day builds up within each one of us.

It is a vital means of sustenance for the believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, and is the yardstick by which we can measure not only what is said by others, but in determining our own actions. We neglect it to our loss.

I do not attend a place of worship, but God's Word is my delight. Within it's pages God, the Holy Spirit takes me on voyages of discovery, and takes of the things of Christ and makes them mine.

Praise His Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Very good. :D

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason for church is for helping the lost ! If there is no one going who will help the lost ?

In other words maybe some one passing a church see how crowded it is and want to go to see what is so good ! ?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yes, I certainly will, like Paul told us to do, to show myself approved. If Christians did it more often before they went out among the heathens running their damn mouth, then maybe the faith wouldn't be in the state that its in, as such a joke in the eyes of the world.
Acts 17:11 "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so".
they "received the Word," and then they "searched the Scriptures daily," we might notice.
Iow they did not "receive the Word, and search It daily," bc they could not.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The reason for church is for helping the lost ! If there is no one going who will help the lost ?
those under Grace, not that any lost can actually be "helped" in the manner perceived anyway; as the following statement shows--

"Grams, i see you are comfortable in legalism, in your church, where legalism is practiced, and Scripture is worshipped; i am here to help you."

just lemme know how much of my help you need, ok? :)
(iow i am jerking you around on purpose, to make a point, ok, i don't really believe that up there per se)

(not saying don't go to church, understand, church is great imo, perfect even)

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

In other words maybe some one passing a church see how crowded it is and want to go to see what is so good ! ?

Sounds good...but I don't agree with it :)

Jesus went to the bars, and rubbed shoulders with publicans and sinners...He did not go to the Synagogue to find the "sinners"!!! He stood in boats or on hills and in fields..
It used to puzzle me in my early christian days when we all gathered in the Sunday evening gospel meeting and the dear old Pastor preached his gospel message every single week to the same group of well saved christians!!! :rolleyes:

John Wesley, George Whitfield and the great evangelists rode many miles from one town to the next town and "amazingly" could preach to thousands while standing on a hill, to a huge crowds who had walked for sometimes days...to gather in a field to hear them. No pews, no microphones, but with a mighty anointing...and hundreds upon hundreds getting saved....
That was "God at work."

So, at one time the preachers would go to the people...these days they just stand in their man made pulpits, in fancy buildings and wonder why the people don't come to them!!o_O

No, I do not go "to church".

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again,

I can see the value of believers meeting together, either in small groups or large. To speak 'Truth' one to another. Singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, making melody in their hearts to the Lord, for their mutual edification. It was for this purpose that the provision of hospitality was rated so highly.

Since coming out of the denominations, the Lord has always provided someone with whom I can fellowship, usually in one's or two's, I have not been left entirely alone. He has also given me teaching. He is faithful!

Praise His Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Regarding worship: that is the constant act of the Spirit of Christ within us. It is in Spirit and in truth. All else is of the flesh and goes no further than the volume of sound can travel.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited: