To hell with me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed.
He said:

Lord make me an instrument of your peace
Where there is hatred let me sow love
Where there is injury, pardon
Where there is doubt, faith
Where there is despair, hope
Where there is darkness, light
And where there is sadness, joy

O divine master grant that I may
not so much seek to be consoled as to console
to be understood as to understand
To be loved as to love
For it is in giving that we receive
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned
And it's in dying that we are born to eternal life
Amen
Ha! I just read this very same thing yesterday when I read Reggies post. I had to look him up because all I really knew of him was his love for animals. I learned lot's. He grew up in opulence, indulging in fine foods and, drink and partying. "Consequently, he abandoned his life of luxury and became a devotee of the faith, his reputation spreading all over the Christian world."
There is something about a vision he had during a 1 year jail term, and a voice telling him to live a life of poverty...lot's of stuff on this man.

Hawkins

Jan 16, 2007
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why does hell have to be painful? Is God not satisfied with just separating the wicked, he has to inflict pain on those subjects.

Why I ask.

Because in such a separation without God, heat is the nature. We can enjoy our climate simply because earth is God-made environment. The "nature" in our concept is not actually a nature. A true nature without God's maintenance is full of heat and energy. So separation from God simply means returning to the true nature.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Ha! I just read this very same thing yesterday when I read Reggies post. I had to look him up because all I really knew of him was his love for animals. I learned lot's. He grew up in opulence, indulging in fine foods and, drink and partying. "Consequently, he abandoned his life of luxury and became a devotee of the faith, his reputation spreading all over the Christian world."
There is something about a vision he had during a 1 year jail term, and a voice telling him to live a life of poverty...lot's of stuff on this man.
Find out why he was called Francesco.
Read about the voice he heard from God telling him to "build his church".
Which church did God mean??

(and forget about the dumb story about the wolf).

Reactions: Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You mentioned it, so I knew that would make people want to hear about it.
You funny.

As long as everybody understands that it's MYTH.
Children like to hear about this...I never told it to the ones I had. At ANY age!
(the nuns agreed with me, they thought it was pretty dumb too.)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Find out why he was called Francesco.
Read about the voice he heard from God telling him to "build his church".
Which church did God mean??

(and forget about the dumb story about the wolf).
"the Wolf" Ahhaha! Yes, I read all of the above...His mom was from France, dad Italian...His real name is...I forgot but Francesco somehow means "French"? And the nickname stuck!

Oh yes, and the stigmata supposedly from the dream/voice/vision? he had in prison...i wonder about that one.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does hell have to be painful? Is God not satisfied with just separating the wicked, he has to inflict pain on those subjects.

Why I ask.
God does not "inflict pain." It is people who inflict pain, and God who judges righteously, saying "Amen", meaning: So be it.

In other words, God says "I am." But it is people who choose and say for themselves who they are.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The distinction here is made between faith based upon the Word of God, which we have proven for ourselves and “blind faith” which is something commonly practiced by the majority of professed Christians most of whom tend to believe anything stated, which is held by the majority (orthodoxy), and or which their friends and peers believe (especially if it comes from their Minister), this without any sure evidence, facts (biblical facts) in support, facts which they themselves have proven by the word of God. That is not faith that’s just blind credulity, gullibility, and...

"Without faith (true faith) it is impossible to please God."

Reactions: Nancy