To the pure, all things are pure...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 1:15 (NASB)
To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“To the pure, all things are pure”

i.e. ‘To the singleminded in heart, all things are of a single focus’

For when one is singleminded in heart their eyes are on God, which brings forth the doing of righteousness, righteousness being that thing that is pure...

To that one, all things are pure... For they are not seeking their own will, but God’s...

Not that one is perfect, but with a will and a desire to be made so.... Though the stumbling may come, it will be a pure stumbling, a honest and pure one... With no hiding or shrinking back from God, but a whole hearted admission of the falling short they find in themselves....

So the honesty and the single-mindedness, which is the purity of the heart, it remains before God... For the purity spoken of is not sinlessness but the singleness of the heart after God...

For in this single-mindedness; in this purity, if one perseveres in this faith, which faith, is in the salvation offered in Christ, which is their death in Him, that one may be raised to live in newness of life in the remaining time in the body, is the Knowledge of the Holy One to be found.... Which is experienced by Him growing His life in one, thereby, being conformed unto Him...

“but to the defiled and unbelieving”

i.e. ‘but to the impure and unbelieving’

These are impure by not being steadfast in their ways, because they are not singleminded in their desire and faith in their death in Christ, which is where this steadfastness of purity of salvation comes through....

For faith is the purity which comes from a desire towards it... For faith in God is a free gift of single-mindedness to the heart that would hunger, thirst and desire after it... To those, all things are pure, for they live by faith in their death in Christ, and than, by that free gift of faith, does that faith grab unto the newness of life promised in Christ....For that which is not of faith, defiles the conscience makes it not pure, i.e. sin....

~Fear not little flock, for it is the Father’s good pleasure to give you the Kingdom~...

Be blessed in the growing up and into and towards Him...

A fellow believer, Not me

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Titus 1:15 (NASB)
To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“To the pure, all things are pure”

i.e. ‘To the singleminded in heart, all things are of a single focus’

For when one is singleminded in heart their eyes are on God, which brings forth the doing of righteousness, righteousness being that thing that is pure...

To that one, all things are pure... For they are not seeking their own will, but God’s...

Not that one is perfect, but with a will and a desire to be made so.... Though the stumbling may come, it will be a pure stumbling, a honest and pure one... With no hiding or shrinking back from God, but a whole hearted admission of the falling short they find in themselves....

So the honesty and the single-mindedness, which is the purity of the heart, it remains before God... For the purity spoken of is not sinlessness but the singleness of the heart after God...

For in this single-mindedness; in this purity, if one perseveres in this faith, which faith, is in the salvation offered in Christ, which is their death in Him, that one may be raised to live in newness of life in the remaining time in the body, is the Knowledge of the Holy One to be found.... Which is experienced by Him growing His life in one, thereby, being conformed unto Him...

“but to the defiled and unbelieving”

i.e. ‘but to the impure and unbelieving’

These are impure by not being steadfast in their ways, because they are not singleminded in their desire and faith in their death in Christ, which is where this steadfastness of purity of salvation comes through....

For faith is the purity which comes from a desire towards it... For faith in God is a free gift of single-mindedness to the heart that would hunger, thirst and desire after it... To those, all things are pure, for they live by faith in their death in Christ, and than, by that free gift of faith, does that faith grab unto the newness of life promised in Christ....For that which is not of faith, defiles the conscience makes it not pure, i.e. sin....

~Fear not little flock, for it is the Father’s good pleasure to give you the Kingdom~...

Be blessed in the growing up and into and towards Him...

@Not me I like also how Hebrews 9.13-14 fit in to the subject:

"For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You just blew me away. Singleness of Heart is a phrase that I don't recall hearing, and it certainly seems to support the Doctrine of Circumcised Hearts that I've discovered. You have also mentioned the state of being wholehearted, which I often refer to. Nice.

I see it in the KJV as below:

Acts 2:46 KJV - "And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart . . ."
Ephesians 6:5 KJV - "Servants, be obedient to them that are [your] masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ . . ."
Colossians 3:22 KJV - "Servants, obey in all things [your] masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God . . ."

I don't quite get it, though. In my attempts to understand the Singleness of Heart, I ask myself, "What is the opposite of being singlehearted?" I can't quite find the answer, so I thought I would ask. Can one be dual-hearted? Can one possess two kinds of hearts? And if so, would this mean that a person could possibly share the Divine Nature and the Sin Nature at the same time? That doesn't make sense, so I'm stumped! :D

In your studies, what do you make of the word?

I appreciate your help, if you are willing. Thank you for this awesome insight! I hope to hear more. Thank you!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@2nd Timothy Group Indeed; and what the preceding verse says also about the human heart puts it into further context...

Wow, you're right. I'm well familiar with verse ten and use it often in my writings, but somehow verse 9 escaped me!

Why do you think that the Human Heart is "desperately wicked?" Is this a verse that demonstrates that we are born with wicked Hearts, thus needing the Holy Operation of Christ as noted below?

Colossians 2:12 KJV - "Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead."

Thank you! :)

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just blew me away. Singleness of Heart is a phrase that I don't recall hearing, and it certainly seems to support the Doctrine of Circumcised Hearts that I've discovered. You have also mentioned the state of being wholehearted, which I often refer to. Nice.

I see it in the KJV as below:

Acts 2:46 KJV - "And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart . . ."
Ephesians 6:5 KJV - "Servants, be obedient to them that are [your] masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ . . ."
Colossians 3:22 KJV - "Servants, obey in all things [your] masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God . . ."

I don't quite get it, though. In my attempts to understand the Singleness of Heart, I ask myself, "What is the opposite of being singlehearted?" I can't quite find the answer, so I thought I would ask. Can one be dual-hearted? Can one possess two kinds of hearts? And if so, would this mean that a person could possibly share the Divine Nature and the Sin Nature at the same time? That doesn't make sense, so I'm stumped! :D

In your studies, what do you make of the word?

I appreciate your help, if you are willing. Thank you for this awesome insight! I hope to hear more. Thank you!

Hi, thank you and yes, we all carry around with us the body of this death, or the body of sin... This is our fallen natures...This has not died, but we have died to it...

It is like right now if you were to fall over dead and in a few minutes Mr. Sin would come by and say, “get up and let’s go sin”... You would be incapable of following him, for you were dead...

This is what our salvation in Christ consists of, our deaths... This is why we are instructed to “reckon ourselves dead unto sin but alive unto God”.... It is this faith that is the singleminded faith that opens up this newness of life to the believer that exercises such faith..

For our salvation is a free gift from God which is all accessed by the faith of the heart turned towards it..,

Hope it helps, keep feeding and pressing into this one and one personal relationship with Christ you have, for this relationship will teach you by experience all you need and want to know and even more wonderful things we know not..

A fellow presser into Him, Not me

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, thank you and yes, we all carry around with us the body of this death, or the body of sin... This is our fallen natures...This has not died, but we have died to it...

Okay, I hear what you're saying . . . and I'm willing to change what I believe. What do you think of the below seven verses? It seems clear to me that Christ defeats the Sinful Nature. That it is through His Holy Operation that alleviates this problem. This is how I understand that we die to sin. If I'm wrong on this, then I've got to revert all of my current understandings back to my old understandings. Yikes! haha :)

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

Note that verse ten says that we are whole and complete in Christ. Thus it is through His Holy Operation, the removal of that which is dirty and filthy (like human foreskin), that renders us Clean and Purified. :)

Thank you for your insight on this! I'm always looking for ideas on this Core, Central Doctrine of the Bible.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk

Blessings Farouk and may God continually grow and enlarge Himself in your inner man...

Be blessed as we pursue Him a fellow pursuer, Not me

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@farouk

Blessings Farouk and may God continually grow and enlarge Himself in your inner man...

Be blessed as we pursue Him a fellow pursuer, Not me
@Not me Thank-you; reminds me of Ephesians 3.16: "That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man".

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I hear what you're saying . . . and I'm willing to change what I believe. What do you think of the below seven verses? It seems clear to me that Christ defeats the Sinful Nature. That it is through His Holy Operation that alleviates this problem. This is how I understand that we die to sin. If I'm wrong on this, then I've got to revert all of my current understandings back to my old understandings. Yikes! haha :)

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

Note that verse ten says that we are whole and complete in Christ. Thus it is through His Holy Operation, the removal of that which is dirty and filthy (like human foreskin), that renders us Clean and Purified. :)

Thank you for your insight on this! I'm always looking for ideas on this Core, Central Doctrine of the Bible.

Do not change any of your inner beliefs until the Spirit of Christ , who lives in you, opens up truths to and in you...

For this is how we learn and grow by an increase of Him in us...Everything I, or you hear or read from anyone always take before God for a confirmation... For until one sees things by revelation, the words or the information will remain, just that, information, but will have no effect on or against the works of the flesh or the self life... For the self life is all the evil we possess, and a dying to that is the all of our salvation...

Be blessed in your searching into the mystery of Christ in you...