Total Lunar Tetrads Tell Us When Jesus Returns

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
For reference sake, here is a similar thread I started about the upcoming Tetrad earlier this year:

http://www.christian...__fromsearch__1

I approach it from a commonsense perspective and won't make any dire predictions, but based on past events of this nature it is something worthy to be watched.

I follow the feasts of the Lord and use the Hebrew calendar. When the Lord does something, rest assured it will be on a feast day (i.e. shadows of things to come) some year whenever that is.

savedwheat

Oct 10, 2011
Can you cite a reputable scholar/commentator ( -- other than ~yourself~, LOL) who assigns Matt. 24:36 to the end of the Millennial Kingdom?
Scholars already translated Matt. 24.35-36 into English into various Bible versions. Sorry, I don't know their names off hand.

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only" (Matt. 24.35-36).

Jesus doesn't contradict Himself when He says "you can know" (Matt. 24.33) when He returns after Israel is a nation again (v.32) then turn around and say you can't know. You're conflating two passages.

Matt. 24.32-33 refers to when Jesus returns, and Matt. 24.35-36 refers to the fact that these words of God never change, not even to the end of the earth which no one knows when will occur.

What is very special in Matt. 24.32 is that it is not when Israel turns into a great tree to the Euphrates River (Dan. 8.14) in say 30 years that then Jesus returns, but it is when the fig tree just starts budding its branches that Jesus' return is "right at the door" (v.33).

Hence, we can be confident Jesus returns before 2023 which agrees perfectly with the prophecy. 2022 from 1948 will be a full lifetime (Ps. 90.10).

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Hi tim_from_pa,

One thing that most teachers/preachers won't explain, is what the commentators argue over. The preachers boil their doctrines to a best conclusion, and so we miss the ~confidence factors~. And so when we see a given doctrine (i.e., lunar eclipses) we might have a starting point, but then when they add a Tribulation duration this adds another factor -- which I know to be untrue. So here is an honest assessment of that factor for your consideration:

1. Per Walvoord: "...Montgomery, for all of his scholarship and knowledge of the history of interpretation, ends up with no reasonable interpretation at all., P.218

2. Per Walvoord: "...as Young points out, the word ‘sevens’ is in the masculine plural instead of the usual feminine plural. No clear explanation is given except that Young feels ‘it was for the deliberate purpose of calling attention to the fact that the word “sevens” is employed in an unusual sense.’", P.217

3. Per Walvoord: "...Young finally concludes after some discussion that Keit and Kliefoth are correct when they hold that the word ‘sevens’ does not necessarily mean year-weeks, but an intentionally indefinite designation of a period of time measured by the number seven, which chronological duration must be determined on other grounds., P.218

4. Per Montgomery: "... efforts to obtain an exact chronology fitting into the history of Salvation, after these 2,000 years of infinitely varied interpretations, would seem to preclude any use of the 70 Weeks for the determination of a definite prophetic chronology.", P. 217

5. Per Walvoord: "Some amillenarians, however, use a literal year time unit for the first sixty-nine weeks but an indefinite period for the last seven years, as in the case of Philip Mauro...", P. 218

6. Per Montgomery: "... the great Catholic chronographers ... as well as those of all subsequent chronographers (including the great Scalinger and Sir Isaac Newton) have failed.. And Edward Young too, finds no satisfactory conclusion for the seventy sevens ... and leaves it without a satisfactory explanation.", P. 217

7. Per Young, regarding "the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem":
"This phrase has reference to the issuance of the word, not from a Persian ruler but from God." , P. 224 -

John Wolvoord, "Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation", Moody Press, Chicago, 1971

8. Per Newton:
"We avoid also the doing violence to the language of Daniel, by taking the seven weeks and sixty two weeks for one number. Had that been Daniel’s meaning, he would have said sixty and nine weeks, and not seven weeks and sixty two weeks, a way of numbring used by no nation."

Isaac Newton, "Observations upon the Prophecies of Daniel, and the Apocalypse of St. John (1733)", http://www.isaacnewton.ca/daniel_apocalypse/pt1ch10.html
[/size]

Thus one might consider the council of 1 Cor 14:29-30

[sup]29[/sup]Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
[sup]30[/sup]If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

And so where we can consider the "tetrad" doctrine, so too, we also must be aware that the Tribulation is NOT Daniel's seventieth week, but is the 42 months as defined in Rev. 13:5. Thus we might find that this date (~ early 2015 + 3.5 = ~late 2018) coincides with one generation (seventy years) after the international recognition of the State of Israel (i.e., 1948 + 70 = 2018). It might also coincide with the ~middle of the Bible. And it might also coincide with the Prophetic Psalms premise as proposed by J.R. Church, where this chapter could be describing the event which this "tetrad" doctrine portends.

BibleScribe

savedwheat

Oct 10, 2011
Scholars already translated Matt. 24.35-36 into English into various Bible versions. Sorry, I don't know their names off hand, but all major Bible versions agree.

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only" (Matt. 24.35-36).

Jesus doesn't contradict Himself when He says "you can know" (Matt. 24.33) when He returns after Israel is a nation again (v.32) then turn around and say you can't know. You're conflating two passages.

Matt. 24.32-33 refers to when Jesus returns, and Matt. 24.35-36 refers to the fact that these words of God never change, not even to the end of the earth which no one knows when will occur.

What is very special in Matt. 24.32 is that it is not when Israel turns into a great tree to the Euphrates River (Dan. 8.14) in say 30 years that then Jesus returns, but it is when the fig tree just starts budding its branches that Jesus' return is "right at the door" (v.33).

Hence, we can be confident Jesus returns before 2023 which agrees perfectly with the prophecy. 2022 from 1948 will be a full lifetime (Ps. 90.10).