Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

I think that what they are saying is that if you are really and truly born again, you will have obedience as the result of your living and saving faith in Jesus Christ.

My understanding of Oneness is that they do not teach salvation by works...however they do teach that those who are truly saved will walk in newness of life (Romans 6:4).
This is not what the UPC believes.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You disagree with God being three distinct persons simultaneously. You say God is one person who changes roles.

No, that is not what I am saying. You have been trying to peg me as a modalist this whole time and it is simply not what I even believe. You need to pay closer attention to what people are saying before you respond. A tidbit of wisdom for you: Proverbs 18:13.

This is not true.

It is true. Give thread name, page #, and post # where I said anything that makes my statement untrue.

So you think you know as much as God?

It has to do with the heart, not the mind. See context, 1 John 2:21.

D

Dave L

No, that is not what I am saying. You have been trying to peg me as a modalist this whole time and it is simply not what I even believe. You need to pay closer attention to what people are saying before you respond. A tidbit of wisdom for you: Proverbs 18:13.

It is true. Give thread name, page #, and post # where I said anything that makes my statement untrue.

If you are not a modalist now, you were when we began this discussion.

D

Dave L

I think our conversation has remained stable from the start. But with several different threads on this issue it is hard to retrace quotes. Perhaps I'm confusing you with "Taken" who is hardcore UPC.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And yet you have been trying to peg me as one of them all of this time...shame on you!

No worries. :)
They believe what they believe...by 'downing them' we try to exalt ourself as 'the perfect'.
People like Dave forget that when the chips are down...and our back is against the wall...we all taste just the same..."The Lions" wont be fussy. They are still a part of God's Church.
I never care what label anyone tries to put on me.
God hates all labels.

be blessed....H

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God the Father is the Cause of the God the Son (begotten) which together with the Father is the cause of God the Holy Spirit from eternity. If the Father becomes the Son, God ceases to exist. Why? Because without the cause the effect would not exist.
that's your ERROR, what was begotten is flesh and not spirit.

second, the Father never became the Son, but shared himself in the flesh and wore the title "Son".

see dave, you have no clue to diversity.

and as the shared spirit in flesh and blood which is the Life of the flesh, that blood (LIFE) is what he gave.

this is basic bible study, you should had know that dave.

PICJAG.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you fully agree with the historic doctrine of the trinity?
I believe what I have posted in posts #1-#4 of this thread.

shortcut: Trinity II

I am not familiar enough with men's teachings on the Trinity to tell you whether I agree with them or disagree with them.

I do know that certain Trinitarian creeds do not contradict my belief in the slightest.

D

Dave L

I believe what I have posted in posts #1-#4 of this thread.

shortcut: Trinity II

I am not familiar enough with men's teachings on the Trinity to tell you whether I agree with them or disagree with them.

I do know that certain Trinitarian creeds do not contradict my belief in the slightest.
I'll give you an overview of the historic doctrine. See if you agree with this.

the doctrine of the Trinity can be summarized in seven statements. (1) There is only one God. (2) The Father is God. (3) The Son is God. (4) The Holy Spirit is God. (5) The Father is not the Son. (6) The Son is the not the Holy Spirit. (7) The Holy Spirit is not the Father.