Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

If you draw a conclusion from scripture on any topic, you have a creed. If you debate your conclusion with many holding different views, and your view wins, you have the best and most reliable teaching on the topic. And this is what the creeds provide for those willing to learn from the best teachers.
Such a pity that the creeds in early Christianity had to be forced upon the church before they were accepted. Freedom of conscience under Constantine became tolerance... Until the Roman bishops decided not to be tolerant.

D

Dave L

Such a pity that the creeds in early Christianity had to be forced upon the church before they were accepted. Freedom of conscience under Constantine became tolerance... Until the Roman bishops decided not to be tolerant.
Yes, but truth is truth and it doesn't change. Have you considered God's judgement on heretics fitting? At the hands of the wicked State? While preserving the truth for us whose hands are free from bloodshed?

B

brakelite

Yes, but truth is truth and it doesn't change.
If the creeds were truth, the holy spirit would have convicted hearts to accept. As it was, because the holy spirit was absent in their making and in the promulgation, the lack thereof had to be made up for by force and coercion. Dissenters were persecuted. This process we that by which the papacy came to power. To claim them as truth, you are saying Antichrist was preaching truth.

B

brakelite

Wasnt just the Trinity that was established in such a fashion. Sunday sacredness also.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you draw a conclusion from scripture on any topic, you have a creed. If you debate your conclusion with many holding different views, and your view wins, you have the best and most reliable teaching on the topic. And this is what the creeds provide for those willing to learn from the best teachers.

With respect, Dave L, our conclusions are of no account: for we can be wrong in our conclusions. The Word of God alone is true.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasnt just the Trinity that was established in such a fashion. Sunday sacredness also.

Trinity is simply a word that means
Tri - Three
Unity - United

THUS - Three united IN ONE, and the ONE, is God.

I have NO problem whatsoever, in trusting to believe...
Tri - Three; specifically: Father, Son & HS
ARE THREE...UNITED and THEE One God.

My problem WITH Certain Religious Sects, WHO TEACH, "THE TRINITY".... FURTHER..."TEACH" ... WHAT THEY BELIEVE...the "TRI" of the "TRINITY" 'IS NOT'.

In a manner of TEACHING, "THEY" express...
The "TRI" ARE NOT "each other"....BUT that the "TRI" ARE "EACH" the same ONE GOD.

Personally, I find the "separation" of EACH of the "TRI", FALSE.

Scripture to my finding....NEVER "teaches" the "Separation" of the "TRI".

I have no problem using the word TRINITY, in regard TO: the Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

I futher do not believe, they ARE EVER "separate"...one APArT from the OTHER, thus I do not Agree with "THAT" particular explanation.....

NOR, do I believe, "THOSE" who ADHERE to THAT particular "explanation" of HOW THEY VIEW and UNDERSTAND the Trinity....
That THEY, have a copyright or patent ON word "TRINITY".

Me? The word trinity, means, Three, Father, Son, Holy Spirit "ARE" ONE united GOD....and NEVER "Separated".

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: charity
D

Dave L

With respect, Dave L, our conclusions are of no account: for we can be wrong in our conclusions. The Word of God alone is true.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
But you do not know what it says if you disagree with those who are proven correct through tedious debates and challenges from heretics.

D

Dave L

If the creeds were truth, the holy spirit would have convicted hearts to accept. As it was, because the holy spirit was absent in their making and in the promulgation, the lack thereof had to be made up for by force and coercion. Dissenters were persecuted. This process we that by which the papacy came to power. To claim them as truth, you are saying Antichrist was preaching truth.
It burdens me that many on this forum would have have been victims of the wicked State for holding false beliefs. But as Paul says, God's wrath on false teachers slumbers not. And he used the wicked State to preserve the truth just as he did in OT Israel. Most were wicked but preserved the truth of the Law for future generations by killing off heretics.

Last edited by a moderator:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your "orthodoxy test" is meaningless. Anyone can say Jesus is the Lord according to their view of who God is. But if you get God wrong, as you do, you cannot say Jesus is Lord in any true sense. Paul says it comes by the Holy Spirit who must first open your eyes before you can believe Jesus is YAHWEH. Your false concept of YAHWEH = a false Christ you say is Lord = huge sin.

I do indeed say that Jesus is the Lord in the truest sense. And my "orthodoxy test" is scriptural:

1Jo 4:1, Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jo 4:2, Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jo 4:3, And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jo 1:7, For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

It burdens me that many on this forum would have have been victims of the wicked State for holding false beliefs.

Can you be certain that a wicked State would have persecuted false beliefs? It seems to me that if people are under the authority of satan, they would resist the truth, and not falsehoods. Why would satan oppress people in order to preserve the truth? it seems to me that his aim would be to destroy the truth and not to bring it to exaltation over his lies; for satan is the father of lies and when lies win, he wins. When the truth prevails, he loses. Therefore wicked people under his control (a wicked State) would logically defend, and bring into exaltation, doctrine that is to his liking, not in accordance with the truth.

And I am not here defending nor denying any doctrine; but I am simply pointing out what appears to be logical concerning the subject at hand.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

I do indeed say that Jesus is the Lord in the truest sense. And my "orthodoxy test" is scriptural:

1Jo 4:1

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1Jo 4:2

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1Jo 4:3

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jo 1:7

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Can you be certain that a wicked State would have persecuted false beliefs? It seems to me that if people are under the authority of satan, they would resist the truth, and not falsehoods. Why would satan oppress people in order to preserve the truth? it seems to me that his aim would be to destroy the truth and not to bring it to exaltation over his lies; for satan is the father of lies and when lies win, he wins. When the truth prevails, he loses. Therefore wicked people under his control (a wicked State) would logically defend, and bring into exaltation, doctrine that is to his liking, not in accordance with the truth.

And I am not here defending nor denying any doctrine; but I am simply pointing out what appears to be logical concerning the subject at hand.
You need to define YAHWEH according to scripture. Which you do not. Before you can say Jesus is YAHWEH THE LORD. The Israelites did the same as you with their golden calf. Even giving it credit for leading them from Egypt.

God used the wicked State, just as he did wicked Israel to preserve the truth by killing heretics.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101G ~

What is the point you are trying to get across to me?

Glory to God,
Taken
first thanks for the reply, second, the "Creator" is the same one who is "Maker", of all things.

PICJAG

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to define YAHWEH according to scripture.
I have defined YHWH according to scripture in posts #1-#4 of this thread.

shortcut: Trinity vs. Tritheism

The burden of proof is now on you to define YHWH according to scripture; and to show how your YHWH of scripture is not the YHWH that I have defined by scripture.

May the best YHWH win.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

I have defined YHWH according to scripture in posts #1-#4.

The burden of proof is now on you to define YHWH according to scripture; and to show how your YHWH of scripture is not the YHWH that I have defined by scripture.

May the best YHWH win.
Unless you discern God in trinity, you have the same god as Islam and Judaism.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to define YAHWEH according to scripture. Which you do not. Before you can say Jesus is YAHWEH THE LORD.
let's see if we can't do that.

Isaiah 6:1 "In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

Isaiah 6:2 "Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

Isaiah 6:3 "And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Isaiah 6:4 "And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

Isaiah 6:5 "Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

QUESTION, who did Isaiah see?

let the bible speak,
John 12:41 "These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Dave, I suggest you read chapter 12 of John again, and it is the Lord Jesus who Isaiah saw.

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

let's see if we can't do that.

Isaiah 6:1 "In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

Isaiah 6:2 "Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

Isaiah 6:3 "And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Isaiah 6:4 "And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

Isaiah 6:5 "Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

QUESTION, who did Isaiah see?

let the bible speak,
John 12:41 "These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Dave, I suggest you read chapter 12 of John again, and it is the Lord Jesus who Isaiah saw.

PICJAG.
But this is only half of the picture. You leave out the NT that proclaims the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God. And also proclaims the Father is not the Son, The Son is not the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is not the Father. = You are more like Islam than Christian in your understanding of God.