Trolling Smart People With Dumb Comments For Fun

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's fun if I can sometimes match wits with my brainy husband.

But it's a lot more fun to get under his skin by saying something dumb and doubling down on it. He has the perfect reaction every time because he can't help but correct the stupidity.

At least, thats the goal. It's hard to be intentionally stupid without giving myself away and now the man often gets suspicious that Im trying to do this.

I feel like Ive lost my edge, my inspiration. I have to claim something dumb and easily disprovable...but what??? How can I pull it off without giggling? How can it be somewhat plausible?

I need inspiration. Something dumb but not too dumb. Reach back to all those times you were stuck in hopelessly dumb conversations trying to talk sense and hitting a brick wall...and help me!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But it's a lot more fun to get under his skin by saying something dumb and doubling down on it. He has the perfect reaction every time because he can't help but correct the stupidity.

At least, thats the goal. It's hard to be intentionally stupid without giving myself away and now the man often gets suspicious that Im trying to do this.

I feel like Ive lost my edge, my inspiration. I have to claim something dumb and easily disprovable...but what??? How can I pull it off without giggling? How can it be somewhat plausible?

I need inspiration. Something dumb but not too dumb. Reach back to all those times you were stuck in hopelessly dumb conversations trying to talk sense and hitting a brick wall...and help me!

Pick something that he is knowledgeable about and (most importantly) passionate about. Then, make up and cite some ridiculous statistic about that subject. You’ll have to put some thought into it— but something like 17% of people who disagree with (or don’t like) (subject x) are left-handed. It makes me wonder if right-handed people are better at (subject x)

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So there are levels to this.

The top level I haven't achieved is the quick matter-of-fact dumb side comment. I can't do this with skill.

Example:

Hubby: "Did you hear about what happened to the tallest building in America?"

Me:"Oh no! They better leave the Eiffel tower alone. It's the treasure of London!"

Usually I settle for a mid tier hypothetical question about an invention that already exists but Im feigning ignorance about.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pick something that he is knowledgeable about and (most importantly) passionate about. Then, make up and cite some ridiculous statistic about that subject. You’ll have to put some thought into it— but something like 17% of people who disagree with (or don’t like) (subject x) are left-handed. It makes me wonder if right-handed people are better at (subject x)
Wonderful! It definitely needs to be a statistic about movie quotes.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife has her own version of this, asking me inane questions as if they were serious. She's gotten me pretty good before, she can really pull it off.

But I don't have any ideas for you, sorry!

Much love!
She sounds like the real MVP :D

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonderful! It definitely needs to be a statistic about movie quotes.
Did you know that 39% of statistics are made up?

She sounds like the real MVP :D
It's that look she gives me when I say, "Why would I want to do that?" I play the straight man if I realize what she's doing, but like I said, she gets me good!

Much love!

Reactions: Wynona and Nancy

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

As a teaching tool in Children's Ministry making a deliberate error to see who picks up on it can keep the children engaged.

Examples:

# When Jonah swallowed the whale . . .
# When Noah filled the ark with people . . .
# When Jesus turned the wine into water . . .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this even fits, I'm not a brainiac! lol. But, at least I think anyhow, your hubby will at least take a couple short beats to respond...probably with a laugh at least, lol.

"You know honey, it's really only as bad as it seems" :Broadly:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's super funny @Wynona and @marks. I've had girlfriends that played stupid just to be cute, but I don't recall any of them asking dumb questions intentionally. But my memory is perhaps faulty.
Thats perceptive. Yes, girls do this on purpose. Maybe Ive done this accidentally, since I tended to giggle more when I had a crush. I don't really get it as a long term strategy though. I hated the idea of attracting a guy I couldn't have thoughtful conversation with.

Reactions: dev553344 and Nancy

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This game you play with your husband may have been passed down from the ancient Israelites?
Apparently many Jews think this of their wives, which is why they treat them so.
I was in the company of seven Rabbis for about an hour. I used to drive an airport shuttle and so one day delivered a van full of Rabbis to the Fairfax District ( Little Jerusalem) in Los Angeles. They were not friendly, very serious and downtrodden, as though they were carrying a heavy burden. Dropping off the last one, I asked him, "Where is the Joy of the Lord, you seem downtrodden?" He said, "Women are so stupid! I have been trying to please my wife for over forty years and have failed. She's always complaining ... no matter what I do, she is never satisfied... so stupid!" I was shocked. He blamed his wife for his lack of joy ... and I guess all women too. He could not find peace. Of course I knew this was not the reason, nor apparently was it for any of them not having the Joy of the Lord --- they did not have Jesus.
I am wondering if all those women throughout history played that same game with their husbands?
Maybe it's time to change that trend, play smart - try to get as many women on board with this idea ... Jewish women who are married to Rabbis especially.
That is a true story butI'm just being playful and yanking your chain ... kidding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This game you play with your husband may have been passed down from the ancient Israelites?
Apparently many Jews think this of their wives, which is why they treat them so.
I was in the company of seven Rabbis for about an hour. I used to drive an airport shuttle and so one day delivered a van full of Rabbis to the Fairfax District ( Little Jerusalem) in Los Angeles. They were not friendly, very serious and downtrodden, as though they were carrying a heavy burden. Dropping off the last one, I asked him, "Where is the Joy of the Lord, you seem downtrodden?" He said, "Women are so stupid! I have been trying to please my wife for over forty years and have failed. She's always complaining ... no matter what I do, she is never satisfied... so stupid!" I was shocked. He blamed his wife for his lack of joy ... and I guess all women too. He could not find peace. Of course I knew this was not the reason, nor apparently any of them for not having the Joy of the Lord --- they did not have Jesus.
I am wondering if all those women throughout history played that same game with their husbands?
Maybe it's time to change that trend, play smart - try to get as many women on board with this idea ... Jewish women who are married to Rabbis especially.
That is a true story butI'm just being playful and yanking your chain ... kidding.
It's all good. Not every wife can be as amazing as me. Sorry Rabbis.

I think the smart thing is to do random goofball antics with your husband. Id like to think if I passed away young, my husband would miss all those times I tried to act dumb on purpose or sing The Lion King opening at the top of my lungs.

Life doesn't have to be serious all the time. There's plenty of that. Marry your best friend and you get to stay young!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ASKED MY WORK FRIENDS HOW CAN THEY EXPECT ANYONE TO DANCERS TO FIT UP THERE...

1713647497438.png

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy