Trump using the Bible as a prop...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Stan B has been critical about my support for President Trump, but he does have one good point.

As Christians we are to pray for our leaders. God has placed President Trump, Vice President Pence, Speaker Pelosi, ect. in place for His purposes. God put Presidents Obama, Bush, and Clinton in place. God raises up these people for His purposes.
God placed President Trump as the leader, but He certainly did not place Pelosi into her position, as the enemy of opposition of God's choice. She was placed in position by the dark side, to oppose God's choice of leader. For the past 4 years, she has done absolutely nothing for the people of America. Her sole and singular focus, like the rest of her party, has been dedicated soley to destroying President Trump.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God placed President Trump as the leader, but He certainly did not place Pelosi into her position, as the enemy of opposition of God's choice. She was placed in position by the dark side, to oppose God's choice of leader. For the past 4 years, she has done absolutely nothing for the people of America. Her sole and singular focus, like the rest of her party, has been dedicated soley to destroying President Trump.
Scripture says otherwise. God raises up leaders and governments (even evil leaders) for His purposes. You do not get to say Scripture is true only when it applies to your candidate. Even Pelosi is there for a reason.

That said, I agree she is evil. But God has used evil people throughout history (Christ suffered and died at "the hands of ungodly men" but by "the predetermined plan of God") .

Reactions: kcnalp

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Scripture says otherwise. God raises up leaders and governments (even evil leaders) for His purposes. You do not get to say Scripture is true only when it applies to your candidate. Even Pelosi is there for a reason.

That said, I agree she is evil. But God has used evil people throughout history (Christ suffered and died at "the hands of ungodly men" but by "the predetermined plan of God") .

A Holy God does not appoint servants of EVIL!! That's a really sick idea!

Reactions: brionne

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? You get to be the judge of who God has placed in office and who He hasn't? I thought that was the Pope's job -- or used to be.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God raises up earthly leaders and uses them for His own purpose. We see this throughout the Bible.
Hosea 8:4 They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold have they made them idols, that they may be cut off.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
God raises up earthly leaders and uses them for His own purpose. We see this throughout the Bible.

yes, he has done that in past times.... Jesus being his primary leader who has been placed as the king of Gods Kingdom.

But if a world ruler of today is to be viewed as one of Gods leaders...then what purpose is Gods Kingdom with Jesus as its King?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Stan B

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As for Germany: Imho children are not property and have a right to live and learn in Society. There's a difference between parental guidance and brainwashing.

You have obviously never read the Bible, but this is a Bible Study Forum, and our God says:

"Behold, children are a gift from God,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one’s youth.
How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them;
They will not be ashamed
When they speak with their enemies in the gate.
Psalm 127:3-5

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, he has done that in past times.... Jesus being his primary leader who has been placed as the king of Gods Kingdom.

But if a world ruler of today is to be viewed as one of Gods leaders...then what purpose is Gods Kingdom with Jesus as its King?
Jesus is the ruler over His kingdom, but right now His kingdom is within believers. There will come a day when He will rule over this earth as King of kings and Lord of lords. In the meantime, I believe that He uses earthly rulers....

Revelation 11:15--Then the seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and loud voices called out in heaven: “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign forever and ever.”

Last edited:

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Jesus is the ruler over His kingdom, but right now His kingdom is within believers. There will come a day when He will rule over this earth as King of kings and Lord of lords. In the meantime, I believe that He uses earthly rulers....

Revelation 11:15--Then the seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and loud voices called out in heaven: “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign forever and ever.”

And what do you think God may be using Trump for? What has he done, or will do, exactly that makes you think God is using him?

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What? You get to be the judge of who God has placed in office and who He hasn't? I thought that was the Pope's job -- or used to be.
Yeah, God handed over that responsibility to me:

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
Matthew 7:15-20

So much for the popes! They have flunked the test.

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And what do you think God may be using Trump for? What has he done, or will do, exactly that makes you think God is using him?

“It is HE who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding." Daniel 2:21

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see a few areas of interest to Christians.

***He has made it a point to ensure that religious freedoms are protected in the U.S. I posted these links in an earlier post.
Trump's executive order allows religious organizations greater freedom in political speech

Trump issues new rule ensuring prayer in schools is protected

Religious Freedom: A Consistent Priority for the Trump Administration

Trump Defends School Prayer. Critics Say He's Got It All Wrong

Trump ordered states to open churches. Can he do that?

Trump administration announces new 'conscience and religious freedom' division at HHS

***He has supported America's only strong ally in the Middle East, Israel.
Donald Trump: Good for Israel

***He has a very strong pro-life record.
President Trump’s Pro-Life Wins - Susan B. Anthony List

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, God handed over that responsibility to me:

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits
“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
Matthew 7:15-20

So much for the popes! They have flunked the test.
That is fine if you are judging things for yourself. I don't think you can judge it for everyone else. The Popes tried that and failed.