Trust & Obey

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
"Trust & Obey"
By Zach Wood
John 14:15
If you love me, you will obey what I command.

I remember working at a summer youth camp back in college and there was a skit performed that really stunned me. Not only did it stun me, but it was a scene that I have never forgotten about. A man is standing on stage, pretending he is hanging onto a cliff. He has a discussion with the Lord about being stuck and the Lord says, "Let go". He continues giving excuses about how far up the cliff is and how it could possibly take his life if he lets go. The Lord then asks the big question, "Do you trust Me?". To that the man answers, "Yes, Lord, I do trust You". The Lord then replies once again, "Then let go". The scene ends with him leaning back as he begins to let go and the lights go out.

All of us have situations and circumstances where we feel we have no place to go and no one to turn to during great despair and need. It is in those times when God says, "Trust me. Let go and let Me." As the scene I shared with you, God wants us to let go of the "comfort zone" we are holding onto and just put all of our trust in Him to lead us. Now, I am one to say so much of the time, "I trust You Lord", but does my life truly show that I trust Him? Not all of the time I am embarrassed to admit. However, I know most of you probably feel the same way. God tells us that if we want Him to lead us and be in charge of directing our lives, we MUST let go and let Him lead. When we continue to hang on to our own ways and not follow God's commands, we fall further away from Him directing us.

This passage is simple, yet so powerful. Jesus Christ tells us that if we truly love Him, we must obey what He commands. Even if we have no clue what is going on or what is going to happen. Following Christ is never safe or uneventful. There are going to be risks and adventures we could never have dreamed of. However, we must let go and trust Him.

Some things God asks us to do, we can understand. However, many things He asks of us we do not understand. If we trust and obey, we will discover adventures and thrills of life that no one in this world or amusement park could ever offer. Walking with Christ and trusting in Him is the greatest adventure I have ever been a part of.

Trust and obey. There is no other way.

Reactions: gregg