• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother , if you look at post 87, you called Behold a “ dummy”....I wish you would both stop being immature ....I know it’s easy to say as I’ve argued myself.....we all at times get heated in the moment....take a break both of you....that’s what I do.....I’m not judging you, as I’ve been there myself and it’s fruitless, it’s all about self and zilch about God.
You are so true in your words It is unbecoming of me and I truly do try to watch my tongue but sadly I do get caught up in the motion when I perceive I am being belittled and wrongfully respond in like matter thank you fro enlightening me

Reactions: Ritajanice

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its because their Denomination is built on that verse.

Its their "core" doctrine.

If you show them that 10 yrs after Jesus was ascended back into Heaven, and Peter still didnt know that Gentiles could be saved.
That's Acts 10.
So, here we are, in the time of the Gentiles, and Peter has no idea its even started......a decade after the CROSS of Christ.
So, you can imagine the depth of theological confusion you find when the "Cult of Mary" and the Acts 2:38 denominations are built on PETER, and not on PAUL's Gospel of the Grace of God.
Excuse me but I found out why we cannot agree. You think there are two gospels the one of Peter and the one of Paul you have failed to rightly divide the word

The outpouring of the spirit on the Jews first then on the gentiles was done exactly as God had planned from the beginning of time it was first to be poured out on the Jews which did happen on the day of Pentecost but the Jews at that time still had not had the mystery given them that it was also going to be poured out on the gentiles also until God at his timing revealed it to them at the time God sent Peter to the gentiles to preach the same gospel as he did at Pentecost. When Peter started preaching the gospel God poured out the spirit (for signs to the Jews that his will is to add the gentiles by the same gospel given to Peter ) on the gentiles .

The out pouring (spirit upon) in both cases is the power for confirmation. It was when the indwelling started also through the baptism in Christ name (the spirit within )

Long story short if you seek the truth you will find that Peter did preach the words of God given him by the spirit of God and Paul did preach the same gospel of Christ and him crucified God only gave one gospel to be carried out by His Apostles one and all and to continue through his childern there has and will be only one gospel of Christ for all

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psst, no he didn't.
And, Jesus did not baptize anyone .
gezzzz i never said he Did the great commission

Matthew 28:16-20

New King James Version

The Great Commission​

16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.
18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go [a]therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” [b]Amen

since your stuck on water salvation why did john baptize Jesus ? was he lost? 2nd why did john baptize in the river Jordan

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are so true in your words It is unbecoming of me and I truly do try to watch my tongue but sadly I do get caught up in the motion when I perceive I am being belittled and wrongfully respond in like matter thank you fro enlightening me
Praise God for enlightening us Brother, he did the same to me,...I’ve taken a step back...my mouth was engaging before I was thinking...,God Bless and glad you took it in the Spirit that it was meant.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gezzzz i never said he Did ...
Oh my, then you might ask the Moderators to find out who hijacked your account and posted this under your name, the quote I referred to in my first reply to you. "psst Jesus said baptizing in the name of the father son holy ghost."

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the word of God says with out the shedding of Blood there is NO REMISSION of sins. all through the o.t Blood was shed for sin pointing towards Christ sacrifice. even in Egypt they was told to apply the Blood to the door post and the death angle would pass .

so dont give me your programed strange fire teaching water baptism is a answering of a good conscience The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

baptism in water is something man does------>

Colossians 2:11-13

New King James Version

Not Legalism but Christ​

11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body [a]of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,

you are in error

Lets try your accusation with scripture to see who is in error according to the word of God

You said "the word of God says with out the shedding of Blood there is NO REMISSION of sins. all through the o.t Blood was shed for sin pointing towards Christ sacrifice. even in Egypt they was told to apply the Blood to the door post and the death angle would pass ."

.Just what do you think Romans 6 is teaching it says it is there in the baptism into Christ where we join Christ at the cross and are baptized into the blood he shed for us so is it not what Paul is trying to get you to understand

You then say "so dont give me your programed strange fire teaching water baptism is a answering of a good conscience The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:"

Yes it is not taking a bath but the calling on the Lord for salvation where in he transforms you from being dead in Sin to alive in the spirit Romans 6

Then this is hard to read they way you posted it but I will try to make sense of it

baptism in water is something man does------>
Colossians 2:11-13

New King James Version

Not Legalism but Christ
11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body [a]of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,

you are in error
Colossians 2:11-13 This is in reference to Acts 2:38 and Romans 6:3 it says the same thing in all three places you have got to see that comparison if you are not bias each compliments the other each prove the others to be true it is not a lie but a biblical fact you just wont allow your self to follow the scriptural teaching

Now how is in error Maybe neither maybe we just need to let the scripture speak and to study to show ourselves approved we might not be following the flow of passages but trying to make them follow our train of thought.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2:11-13

As "Faith is counted as (Christ's) Righteousness......

If you give God your faith, God gives you His Salvation........
Then, you get water baptized.

Notice that the Dying Thief on the Cross, is with Jesus........ and He was not water baptized.
He's in Heaven, right now.

There are millions who have trusted in Christ, in countries where the Bible is outlawed, and being a Christian will get you killed.
They are born again, long before they find a way later on, to secretly get in the water.

If you have a bible, read Acts 8...

Phillip and the Eunuch..

The Eunuch wanted to get in the water, but was prohibited by Phillip, until he had assured Phillip that he had "believed with ALL HIS HEART... = FIRST"..

You said
Just read Acts 2:38
Then read Acts 10
Then read Acts 15, and find that Paul helped all the Apostles, not just Peter, to understand what im showing you.

Im assuming you have a bible.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Yes.

So, you are trying to understand some things about The Cross, and in my Class, the first day, the first week, we live here in the word..

What we do, is we go to Romans 3:21-28 and we study.

And we study Hebrews 13:9

And 2nd Corinthians 5:19

And Romans 4:8

And John 3:17

Hebrews 13:9 is so important, as this little verse shows you what you must do with your heart and theology, and if you dont, it shows you what the devil will do to you.
Its not a myth.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Peter 1:17-19
please note NO WATER BAPTISM.
New King James Version

17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your [a]stay here in fear; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with [b]corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just read Acts 2:38
Then read Acts 10
Then read Acts 15, and find that Paul helped all the Apostles, not just Peter, to understand what im showing you.

Im assuming you have a bible.

no where in any of the passages you have provided answers the question of whether Peter was baptized

1 Peter 1:17-19
please note NO WATER BAPTISM.
New King James Version

17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your [a]stay here in fear; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with [b]corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

1 Peter 1:17-19​

please note NO WATER BAPTISM.​

New King James Version​

Yes.

Without the shedding of BLOOD... there is no forgiveness, no remission, no justification, no salvation...

Water Baptism didnt die on the Cross for anyone..

Only "Jesus Saves" and He's not water baptism.....>He's the SAVIOR..

John 14:6

Reactions: Ezra

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry if some of my posting look stupid but the quote box is messing with me and I can't seem to get it to work right

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
no where in any of the passages you have provided answers the question of whether Peter was baptized

That's because the reader should understand that if water saved peter, He's have been the first one in the pool.

He would been baptizing them.

In fact, The chapter omits HIS water baptism..

Why is that? Its because there is a fact and its this...
What you don't know, you can't teach.
And Peter didnt know anything about the Grace of God, as this came from Paul, much later.

So, Peter was preaching the OT baptism of John, because that was what a Jew does, in AD = 0, on the day of Pentecost, when He's only preaching to JEWS.

He was not preaching it past Acts 15., because Paul taught all of the Apostles "the Gospel of the Grace of God".

Later, when Paul was sent to the Church to teach us all the doctrine, he tells us that Jesus didnt send Him to water baptize.

That is not because we shouldn't get water baptized......Its because Paul is showing you that its of no consequence regarding God's Salvation.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Without the shedding of BLOOD... there is no forgiveness, no remission, no justification, no salvation...

Water Baptism didnt die on the Cross for anyone..

Only "Jesus Saves" and He's not water baptism.....>He's the SAVIOR..

John 14:6
Yes that is one way to look at it but according to scripture it is the baptism in Christ name Can you really not see why Jesus commands us to be baptized it is in the baptism in his name that joins us to the work of the cross Is that not what Romans 6 is trying to get you to understand?

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because the reader should understand that if water saved peter, He's have been the first one in the pool.

He would been baptizing them.

In fact, The chapter omits HIS water baptism..

Why is that? Its because there is a fact and its this...
What you don't know, you can't teach.
And Peter didnt know anything about the Grace of God, as this came from Paul, much later.

So, Peter was preaching the OT baptism of John, because that was what a Jew does, in AD = 0, on the day of Pentecost, when He's only preaching to JEWS.

He was not preaching it past Acts 15., because Paul taught all of the Apostles "the Gospel of the Grace of God".

Later, when Paul was sent to the Church to teach us all the doctrine, he tells us that Jesus didnt send Him to water baptize.

That is not because we shouldn't get water baptized......Its because Paul is showing you that its of no consequence regarding God's Salvation.
Okay I am done trying to get you to see that there is only one gospel of Christ and yours is not it. You are not rightly dividing the word and I can't help you see the truth until you are ready to trust in the word and not your understanding You seem to have a hardened heart and only God can help you

I pray you open your heart to the truth in Gods word and see that all the Apostles taught the same gospel that there are not any more that one the one and only gospel of Christ and him crucified

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes that is one way to look at it but according to scripture it is the baptism in Christ

Look at your verse.

"Baptism IN CHRIST"..

Not in Water.

Is Christ water?

Think.

Where is Christ?
He's in heaven.. So, to be baptized INTO CHRIST, you have to be born again down HERE, Spiritually, by the Holy Spirit.
Not by water, "but by my Spirit, sayeth the Lord".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Okay I am done trying to get you to see that there is only one gospel of Christ and yours is not it.

If you die water baptized only, thinking that this saved you, and that water washed away your sin, then it'll be my Gospel that you wished you'd believed.
As my Gospel came from Paul.
Its the real one. Its the only one., and its not about water and works.