Two methods......Phillipians 1:15-17

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here is an interesting rendition of this particular scripture from the Remedy NT paraphrase. (Philippians 1:15-17)

15 It is true that some have begun to preach Christ in order to make themselves popular and draw attention and affection to themselves, but others promote Christ in humility, truly desiring to see Christ exalted. 16The latter work in self-sacrificing love, with empathy and compassion in their hearts, knowing that I am here to promote and defend the truth about God as revealed in Christ Jesus; 17 but the former preach Christ only as a way to promote themselves, without love or concern for others. Such selfishness misrepresents the truth about God's self-sacrificing character and brings grief to my heart–even more so while I am locked away and unable to actively counter their distortions.

Reactions: Lambano

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Passion Translation:

(Php 1:15-17) It’s true that there are some who preach Christ out of competition and controversy, for they are jealous over the way God has used me. Many others have purer motives—they preach with grace and love filling their hearts, because they know I’ve been destined for the purpose of defending the revelation of God. Those who preach Christ with ambition and competition are insincere—they just want to add to the hardships of my imprisonment.

Those who preached with competition and rivalry in their hearts, then and yesterday are still with us here today. They continue to one-up other preachers to be the most popular, like a vendors of products and wares that will attract the most audience and buy-in. It is a watered-down mixed message of the gospel that is not spoken in purity, in truth and love of the heart.

Paul in the next two verses says that he is still glad as these fakers are still preaching the gospel of Jesus and he may be 'delivered.' And this is what counts. At what cost? Look how many denominations we have today because of these 'competitive' religious preachers.

(Php 1:18-19) Yet in spite of all of this I am overjoyed! For what does it matter as long as Christ is being preached? If they preach him with mixed motives or with genuine love, the message of Christ is still being preached. And I will continue to rejoice because I know that the lavish supply of the Spirit of Jesus, the Anointed One, and your intercession for me will bring about my deliverance.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Passion Translation:

(Php 1:15-17) It’s true that there are some who preach Christ out of competition and controversy, for they are jealous over the way God has used me. Many others have purer motives—they preach with grace and love filling their hearts, because they know I’ve been destined for the purpose of defending the revelation of God. Those who preach Christ with ambition and competition are insincere—they just want to add to the hardships of my imprisonment.

Those who preached with competition and rivalry in their hearts, then and yesterday are still with us here today. They continue to one-up other preachers to be the most popular, like a vendors of products and wares that will attract the most audience and buy-in. It is a watered-down mixed message of the gospel that is not spoken in purity, in truth and love of the heart.

Paul in the next two verses says that he is still glad as these fakers are still preaching the gospel of Jesus and he may be 'delivered.' And this is what counts. At what cost? Look how many denominations we have today because of these 'competitive' religious preachers.

(Php 1:18-19) Yet in spite of all of this I am overjoyed! For what does it matter as long as Christ is being preached? If they preach him with mixed motives or with genuine love, the message of Christ is still being preached. And I will continue to rejoice because I know that the lavish supply of the Spirit of Jesus, the Anointed One, and your intercession for me will bring about my deliverance.
The witness of Jesus is not devoid of his Spirit. Jesus woos any way he can......even in heathen influences.
Does that justify false representation or poor representation? I don't think so.

For those who trust, they are guided from glory to glory......and our learning/ amazement will not stop when Jesus arrives. I think eternity will unfold many treasures of understanding still untapped.

Reactions: APAK

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a tremendous strength, in siding with the Faith, irrespective of its doubts or misgivings. I mean, if you can really trust the Faith, really, then the Faith will defend you, when the time comes.

For example, all the Faith, is looking forward to the coming of the Holy Spirit. If you pray that others of the Faith enjoy the Holy Spirit before you, you will find yourself elevated - its that simple!

Try to forgive, others of the Faith, ultimately the Faith faces the same challenges you do, though you might not understand it yet!

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The witness of Jesus is not devoid of his Spirit. Jesus woos any way he can......even in heathen influences.
Does that justify false representation or poor representation? I don't think so.

For those who trust, they are guided from glory to glory......and our learning/ amazement will not stop when Jesus arrives. I think eternity will unfold many treasures of understanding still untapped.
Being more positive, yes I would think that the Spirit leads witnesses for Christ, whether their intention are pure or not at times.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul wrote..

For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

For the preaching of the Cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.