Two sets of a thousand years.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you agree that the thousand years aren’t literally a thousand years?
No, Satan will be bound in the near future for a thousand literal years. The binding of Satan sets this time as fixed. Amil have no clue when Satan was loosed in their chronology. Satan could have been loosed 10 years after the Cross, according to Amil. That is an indefinite period of time, that no one kept track of. Revelation 20:1 does not claim Satan being bound was connected with the gospel going out to the earth. Many claim that happened within 30 to 40 years.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason that there is so much controversy and misunderstanding over Revelation chapter 20 is that most Christians don't understand that there are two sets of a thousand years one the reigning and one the binding.

Most Christians know that is obviously incorrect. There is one period of a thousand years mentioned in Rev 20. It is mentioned 6 times. The reigning over the nations with a rod of iron happens at the same time satan is imprisoned and no surprise that when the thousand year imprisonment ends, so does the rod of iron rule over the nations.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t see a problem with the distinction that you’re stressing. The thousand years represents a very long period; the short time represents a very short period. The short period comes after the long period.

The thousand years isn't really very long. The Greek number used is the number for exactly a thousand of something. The short season is short but no number of days, months or years is given.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They started at the beginning of the church age the binding ends when satan is released and the reigning ends at the end of our world
So you are saying 1,000 years is not 1,000 years and that Satan has been bound since Pentecost even though Peter an Paul both warned the church that Satan is running around seeking to deceive and devour? WOW! So what is the second 1,000 years and according to you is it 1,000 years or some other made up time frame.

Reactions: ewq1938

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you are saying 1,000 years is not 1,000 years and that Satan has been bound since Pentecost even though Peter an Paul both warned the church that Satan is running around seeking to deceive and devour? WOW! So what is the second 1,000 years and according to you is it 1,000 years or some other made up time frame.
Yes but what you believe the binding to be isn't what amils believe the binding to be

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason that there is so much controversy and misunderstanding over Revelation chapter 20 is that most Christians don't understand that there are two sets of a thousand years one the reigning and one the binding. This is shown in Revelation chapter 20.

The binding ends in verse 7 when satan is released for his short season before he is cast into the lake of fire.

The reigning ends at the end of our world after satan is cast into the lake of fire as shown in verse 5 when the rest of the dead stand before the throne.
This is very interesting.

One main point is Scripture never says when 2 Peter 3 exactly comes to pass. Gog and Magog are devoured by fire of God, but the earth and elements of the heavens are not mentioned.

We only know this heavena nd earth flees from the face of God and passes away, before the new heaven and earth are created by God.

Do you have any prophecy showing anything between the devouring of Gog and Magog, and the passing away of the earth?

Is it like some mid-cleansing between Millenniums?

The problem is, that the judgment of the rest of the dead, and casting Satan into the LOF, are both specifically said to be after that 'first' thousand years expires.

The key to understanding this is to realize that Jesus doesn't reign because satan is bound Jesus reigns because He is God.
This is certainly true. I haven't heard anyone suggesting otherwise.

How does it support the two Millennium theory?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This wasn’t my video that was posted if that’s what you mean

FYI I didn’t claim that his release is a thousand years

It has to be two sets of a thousand years satan is released for a short period and then defeated in verse 7.

The little season is how long he will once again be allowed to tempt man on earth against God.

There is however room for a period of time between Gog and Magog's destruction, and exactly when the heavens and earth are dissolved by fire.

Does Jesus reign because satan is bound or because He is God? That will tell you if there are two sets of thousand years.
How so?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say that there is a thousand years after satan is released I said that the thousand year reign carries on after satan is released from his binding.
So the 2 sets of a thousand years is not 2000 years, but two parts of the same thousand years?

If so, that can't be true, since Satan being loosed and Gog and Magog are after the thousand years.

Are you saying that the Lord still reigns after a thousand years, during Satan's loosing, as well as after Gog and Magog are devoured?

Are you saying there is then more time of the Lord reigning, before casting Satan into the LOF?

In verse 7 satan is released he then gathers him people is then defeated and cast into the lake of fire.

Verse 5 points to verse 11 when the rest of the dead are raised to stand before the judgment throne which after satans defeat and the end of our world
Once again, I agree that assuming Christ's reign on earth ends, when the thousand years expire, is an assumption.

And also, it needs to be proven one way or the other, Christ and His resurrected saints still reign on earth, for the little season of Satan's loosing.

We do know that at least is a thousand years + a little season, before fire of God comes down from heaven.

We don't know exactly what happens on earth after that. The Scripture of course leads us to think the fleeing earth is immediately after that.

However, Satan is loosed only when the thousand years of Christ's reign expires.

And the rest of the dead are judged after He is then cast into the LOF.

At this point, I'm thinking more reigning of Christ and His saints on earth, after Gog and Magog is getting a little too much prophecy crammed into one place between 20:9 and 20:10, or 20:11.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Marty, a thousand years that symbolizes time given the Church to proclaim the Gospel, is finished when the thousand years expire. Satan is released when the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven is complete. It's true time for building and time for Satan's binding comes to an end when the thousand years end. But after the time given this Gospel age for building the Kingdom, Satan still has a "little season" to gather together Gog & Magog (antichrists & antichristians) from throughout the earth, surround the Christians still alive during his little season and hoping to destroy them. Satan desires to prevent the spiritual Kingdom of God in heaven from being complete by destroying the Church before the last Gentile to be saved comes into the Kingdom of God through the Gospel. But instead of destroying the Church, every believer is bodily resurrected immortal & incorruptible, and caught up to meet the Lord in the air. Then fire shall come down from God out of heaven to devour them all, and the devil is cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 10:5-7 (KJV) And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Revelation 11:15-19 (KJV) And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

1 Corinthians 15:52-54 (KJV) In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Yes the thousand year reign ends at the end of the proclamation of the gospel but the thousand year binding ends earlier when satan is released.

In your view here it would mean that satan can prevent the gospel from spreading but he can't he can only hinder it. Satan is one single being who isn't omniscient and even if he was he still couldn't stop the spread of the gospel because he is no match for the Holy Spirit.

The gospel still spreads when satan is released because Jesus is still reigning. Two sets of a thousand years which mostly run simultaneously one the reigning and one the binding.

Satan is bound because Jesus reigns but Jesus doesn't reign because satan is bound Jesus reigns because He is God.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the thousand year reign ends at the end of the proclamation of the gospel but the thousand year binding ends earlier when satan is released.
So, you are saying there two thousand years of reigning on earth, beginning with His coming again and binding of Satan, at midway the earth is cleansed of unbelieving Gog and Magog, and then another thousand years with Satan loose as today?

In your view here it would mean that satan can prevent the gospel from spreading
How so?

but he can't he can only hinder it.
True.

The gospel still spreads when satan is released because Jesus is still reigning.
I see. You think ending the reign with the thousand years expiring, is somehow preaching Satan overthrows His reign and gospel.

Which is what amils try to accuse Scripture of saying, when the thousand years are expired.

Two sets of a thousand years which mostly run simultaneously one the reigning and one the binding.
Confusing. How simultaneously?

Satan is bound because Jesus reigns
Jesus reigns today over His own people, as well as over all things above the heavens and below the earth, and His reign over all nations on earth begins with His coming again.

Satan is bound only so that there is no hindrance to any man being saved, except his own unbelief.

Your suggestion of there being another thousand years on earth, after Gog and Magog is devoured, is not impossible, but is only theory without some sort of proof of Scripture.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel still spreads when satan is released because Jesus is still reigning.

No. The gospel is not being spread at that time because there is no one left to save to accept the gospel. There is also no reigning needed for the same reason.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, you are saying there two thousand years of reigning on earth, beginning with His coming again and binding of Satan, at midway the earth is cleansed of unbelieving Gog and Magog, and then another thousand years with Satan loose as today?

How so?

True.

I see. You think ending the reign with the thousand years expiring, is somehow preaching Satan overthrows His reign and gospel.

Which is what amils try to accuse Scripture of saying, when the thousand years are expired.

Confusing. How simultaneously?

Jesus reigns today over His own people, as well as over all things above the heavens and below the earth, and His reign over all nations on earth begins with His coming again.

Satan is bound only so that there is no hindrance to any man being saved, except his own unbelief.

Your suggestion of there being another thousand years on earth, after Gog and Magog is devoured, is not impossible, but is only theory without some sort of proof of Scripture.

No what I’m saying is that there are two separate thousand years one the reigning and one binding. They start at the same time but the binding ends shortly before the reigning. They started at the beginning of the church age

If satan had to be bound for the gospel to spread then he could prevent it but he can’t

There is no reigning after Gog and Magog are destroyed

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No what I’m saying is that there are two separate thousand years one the reigning and one binding. They start at the same time but the binding ends shortly before the reigning. They started at the beginning of the church age

The church of Jesus Christ has already been more than two thousand years on earth.

If you are just trying to say the current reigning is spiritual, and as a thousand years from day one, then that would be fine.

But they are not two Millenniums of Jesus' rule on earth over all nations. That one Millennium of prophecy is exactly one thousand years to the day.
If satan had to be bound for the gospel to spread then he could prevent it but he can’t
No, he now hinders it, and later cannot even do that.

Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ.

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel.

There won't even be false prophets allowed to live by their own parents hands, during His Millennium.

And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of the LORD: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth.
There is no reigning after Gog and Magog are destroyed
That is the usual reading, since the Millennium is said to be a thousand years, and no more no less.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is very interesting.

One main point is Scripture never says when 2 Peter 3 exactly comes to pass. Gog and Magog are devoured by fire of God, but the earth and elements of the heavens are not mentioned.

We only know this heavena nd earth flees from the face of God and passes away, before the new heaven and earth are created by God.

Do you have any prophecy showing anything between the devouring of Gog and Magog, and the passing away of the earth?

Is it like some mid-cleansing between Millenniums?

The problem is, that the judgment of the rest of the dead, and casting Satan into the LOF, are both specifically said to be after that 'first' thousand years expires.

This is certainly true. I haven't heard anyone suggesting otherwise.

How does it support the two Millennium theory?

It supports it because satan doesn’t need to be bound for Jesus to reign so both thousand years don’t have to be the exact same time

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The church of Jesus Christ has already been more than two thousand years on earth.

If you are just trying to say the current reigning is spiritual, and as a thousand years from day one, then that would be fine.

But they are not two Millenniums of Jesus' rule on earth over all nations. That one Millennium of prophecy is exactly one thousand years to the day.

No, he now hinders it, and later cannot even do that.

Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ.

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel.

There won't even be false prophets allowed to live by their own parents hands, during His Millennium.

And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of the LORD: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth.

That is the usual reading, since the Millennium is said to be a thousand years, and no more no less.

I believe that The thousand year reigning is symbolic for the church age not a literal thousand years

I don’t believe in two separate thousand year reigning I’m not sure why you think that I think that

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No what I’m saying is that there are two separate thousand years one the reigning and one binding. They start at the same time but the binding ends shortly before the reigning.

Incorrect. Satan's imprisonment and binding end the same exact moment the rule with the rod of iron over the nations ends.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that The thousand year reigning is symbolic for the church age not a literal thousand years

I don’t believe in two separate thousand year reigning I’m not sure why you think that I think that
I must have missed you clarifying that point elsewhere after your first postings.

Which is why I have learned it by questioning your meaning.

I would call it two sets of thousand years, which is not literally true, nor two concurrent Millenniums.

I agree with your teaching, but would call His current spiritual reign over His saints since coming in the flesh, is not being ended but rather continuing, with the beginning of His Millennium reign with His saints.

I believe yours' is the right full teaching of how Christ is now reigning on the earth, and will continue to do so, until the thousand year Millennium is expired.

There are many believing in the first, but reject the latter, and those believing the latter and not understanding the first.

Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I must have missed you clarifying that point elsewhere after your first postings.

Which is why I have learned it by questioning your meaning.

I would call it two sets of thousand years, which is not literally true, nor two concurrent Millenniums.

I agree with your teaching, but would call His current spiritual reign over His saints since coming in the flesh, is not being ended but rather continuing, with the beginning of His Millennium reign with His saints.

I believe yours' is the right full teaching of how Christ is now reigning on the earth, and will continue to do so, until the thousand year Millennium is expired.

There are many believing in the first, but reject the latter, and those believing the latter and not understanding the first.
Thank you it’s nice to see someone getting it

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you it’s nice to see someone getting it

Have you looked at any of this with a wider lens?

During the ministry of Jesus-- Satan was on the loose. He was not 'bound' by any means. He was at work, while the Christ was similarly at work. The planting of seeds and the sowing of weeds occurs in the same soil at the same time (albeit one in the dark of night).

Then comes a season of growing and at that season's end, the harvest. The gathering, the separating, the grinding, milling, crushing, pressing --tribulations all, but all for a purpose having brought in the fruits of that harvest. (and the harvesters are angels). And with the harvest there is a great celebration-- likened to a wedding banquet also- but described in parable in places like Luke 14 where clearly there are some at the table and some who are left on the outside.

The feast itself in spiritual terms is not traditional--

Then I saw one angel standing in the sun, and he shouted in a loud voice to all the birds flying high in the sky:

“Come, gather around for the great banquet of God,
to eat your fill of the flesh of kings,
the flesh of generals,
the flesh of powerful people,
the flesh of horses and those who ride them,
and the flesh of all people, both free and slave,
and small and great!”

It's associated with a terrible battle, conflict between the rider of the white horse and the rider of the pale horse (Death) and it culminates with the victory over the beast and this binding you speak of. This, you properly associate with what happened at the resurrection of Jesus- who triumphed over death and was raised from the grave (as seen by John in Rev 5) where that lamb was slain, yet had overcome the world.

And there the reign began... the reign of people purchased with the blood of the lamb-

-and at the cost of your own blood you have purchased for God
persons from every tribe, language, people, and nation.

"You have appointed them as a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.”

Now watch what happened next....

Reactions: Marty fox