Two sets of a thousand years.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I saw an angel descending from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the abyss and a huge chain. He seized the dragon—the ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan—and tied him up for a thousand years. The angel then threw him into the abyss and locked and sealed it so that he could not deceive the nations until the one thousand years were finished. (After these things he must be released for a brief period of time.)

The assumption and 'orthodox' opinion of course is that this is either a future event, OR it happened when Christ rose. But there's another possibility to consider:

“At that time Michael, the great prince who watches over your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress unlike any other from the nation’s beginning
up to that time. But at that time your own people, all those whose names are found written in the book,
will escape. Many of those who sleep in the dusty ground will awake— some to everlasting life, and others to shame and everlasting abhorrence. But the wise will shine like the brightness of the heavenly expanse. And those bringing many to righteousness will be like the stars forever and ever.

“But you, Daniel, close up these words and seal the book until the time of the end. Many will dash about, and knowledge will increase

They hung him on a cross and for about three hours, darkness came over the land...

Then Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and gave up his spirit. Just then the temple curtain was torn in two, from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks were split apart. And tombs were opened, and the bodies of many saints who had died were raised. (They came out of the tombs after his resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.)

*Note the commentary, which distinguishes when this happened.

When will this happen?

He said, “Go, Daniel. For these matters are closed and sealed until the time of the end.

Jesus-- there on the cross, declared-- "It is finished" and then came the end. His death and then with his resurrection, his reign began, but PRIOR to his death and resurrection-- Satan had been loosed and the battle was waged between the two of them during his ministry.

It was AFTER the period of a thousand years had ended that these dead came back to life and his reign with them began.

Reactions: Marty fox

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a lot to digest, but chew on it.

Part of the principle has to do with the concept of 'reigning' -- a word play that might help some understand is to think of it as raining. This kingdom of priests is a true kingdom of servant-hearts who rain/reign upon the earth not as some might consider the role of priests or princes, but as the spirit descended upon Jesus like a dove-- leaving behind riches and a position of power to come naked and afraid, even as a helpless babe to the comparative poverty and filth of this earth as an act of obedience in service to the will of our Father. Angels we have heard on high.... descending and ascending in service-- reigning for a thousand years until the end of an age.... then the harvest..... Rinse and repeat. Season after season as long as the earth remains.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's a lot to digest, but chew on it.

Part of the principle has to do with the concept of 'reigning' -- a word play that might help some understand is to think of it as raining. This kingdom of priests is a true kingdom of servant-hearts who rain/reign upon the earth not as some might consider the role of priests or princes, but as the spirit descended upon Jesus like a dove-- leaving behind riches and a position of power to come naked and afraid, even as a helpless babe to the comparative poverty and filth of this earth as an act of obedience in service to the will of our Father. Angels we have heard on high.... descending and ascending in service-- reigning for a thousand years until the end of an age.... then the harvest..... Rinse and repeat. Season after season as long as the earth remains.

Its good thanks and I agree

Reactions: Mr E

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but what you believe the binding to be isn't what amils believe the binding to be
Well as I have not stated what I believe teh binding to be how can you know? And as for amils, I have heard several definitions of the binding is, so what is yours?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well as I have not stated what I believe teh binding to be how can you know? And as for amils, I have heard several definitions of the binding is, so what is yours?

Because you wouldn't of asked the question.

I believe that the great chain is the power of the gospel which binds satan from deceiving who ever chooses to believes in Jesus. The Holy Spirit reveals Jesus to the believers through the proclamation of the gospel

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe that the great chain is the power of the gospel which binds satan from deceiving who ever chooses to believes in Jesus. The Holy Spirit reveals Jesus to the believers through the proclamation of the gospel

And why does an angel bring the chain down from heaven hundreds or thousands of years after the death of Christ if it was the gospel that was in the Earth through the teachings of Christ before he died on the cross? The arrival of the chain is too far in time to match being the gospel.

In the bible, the gospel exists long before an angel brings the chain down from heaven and that chain only comes down after the GT is over, and the saints were beheaded for refusing the mark etc which places the events of Rev 20 AFTER the events of Rev 13 which shows the GT starting.

Simply put, the chain is not the gospel nor does the gospel get locked inside the pit with satan. Truthfully, the gospel is never with satan at all. Not attached to him or inside the pit with him.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And why does an angel bring the chain down from heaven hundreds or thousands of years after the death of Christ if it was the gospel that was in the Earth through the teachings of Christ before he died on the cross? The arrival of the chain is too far in time to match being the gospel.

In the bible, the gospel exists long before an angel brings the chain down from heaven and that chain only comes down after the GT is over, and the saints were beheaded for refusing the mark etc which places the events of Rev 20 AFTER the events of Rev 13 which shows the GT starting.

Simply put, the chain is not the gospel nor does the gospel get locked inside the pit with satan. Truthfully, the gospel is never with satan at all. Not attached to him or inside the pit with him.
The chain bound satan at the cross and was never literally in the pit with satan

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The chain bound satan at the cross

That's not when scripture says satan was bound.

and was never literally in the pit with satan

Scripture says the chain is bound upon satan then satan is locked in the pit so the chain is with satan in the pit.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or it’s not a literal pit

I'm sure it's a spiritual place like heaven but it is a place that people like satan are at, also like heaven except the pit has a lock and a seal which means it can be closed and opened. Amill never seems to acknowledge that satan is more than just bound with a chain....he is imprisoned as well. That keeps him out of this world and in that dark place. Again, the gospel does not fit as the chain.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its good thanks and I agree

You say you agree, but I suspect you likely don't. Maybe you didn't fully understand what I was pointing to?

-because Daniel identifies the one who would be coming to do battle with Satan.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm sure it's a spiritual place like heaven but it is a place that people like satan are at, also like heaven except the pit has a lock and a seal which means it can be closed and opened. Amill never seems to acknowledge that satan is more than just bound with a chain....he is imprisoned as well. That keeps him out of this world and in that dark place. Again, the gospel does not fit as the chain.

We have the power through Jesus to seal him up or release him in our lives

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You say you agree, but I suspect you likely don't. Maybe you didn't fully understand what I was pointing to?

-because Daniel identifies the one who would be coming to do battle with Satan.

I believe that Michael banished satan from heaven when Jesus ascended if thats what you mean

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that Michael banished satan from heaven when Jesus ascended if thats what you mean

Not precisely...

John tells us that he saw an angel descending with the keys..... Daniel tells us who that angel is...

At that time Michael, the great prince who watches over your people, will arise.

He can't arise if he didn't first descend.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not precisely...

John tells us that he saw an angel descending with the keys..... Daniel tells us who that angel is...

At that time Michael, the great prince who watches over your people, will arise.

He can't arise if he didn't first descend.

So what are you actually saying?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what are you actually saying?

I'm saying you should think more about this.

There is binding, and there is loosing. Binding for a long period, loosing for a short period. When the angel descends, the devil is loosed. Then the battle, the harvest, the banquet and with that battle won, the binding again. But it all begins with descending.

I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth, and he was given the key to the shaft of the abyss.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And yet the NT says believers can be deceived by Satan. I am still waiting for you to define these two sets of 1,000 years.

You seem to say one of them is not 1,000 years so what about teh other?

all you have to do is look on this forum and the massive differences of believers over the Word of God to realize that believers are being de3ceived by Satan even with the Holy spirit within them.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have the power through Jesus to seal him up or release him in our lives

No, we don't. Only God through the angel imprisons satan in the pit, and releases him. That is not granted to any of us.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And yet the NT says believers can be deceived by Satan. I am still waiting for you to define these two sets of 1,000 years.

You seem to say one of them is not 1,000 years so what about teh other?

all you have to do is look on this forum and the massive differences of believers over the Word of God to realize that believers are being de3ceived by Satan even with the Holy spirit within them.

Its about who Jesus is and what He did for us. Since the cross and through the gospel the nations now have access to Him

I have defined them repeatedly one the binding and one the reigning both symbolically described as a thousand years