Two Spirits At War In America?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Without wanting to come off as slanted, this is almost exactly the way I see things here in the States. At least where the media is concerned, it is near impossible to find anyone on the Left who comes off as moderate, and I have to attribute this to a spirit at work.

A spirit doesn't want to reason with you. It has an agenda, and will vilify anyone or anything that stands in its way.
It's OK to be slanted.
The right has an agenda, and the left has an agenda.
The difference is that the left is willing to do anything to get what they want.
They want to obliterate the right to get what they want.
And, yes, it can only be a spirit for the feeling to be this strong..
Kill babies, ruin families, destroy the institution of marriage, accept any kind of sexuality, anything goes, loss of civility.
And start in kindergarten --- this is the next generation.
I feel like it's already too late, but we shouldn't stop trying.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Drain that Swamp!

Reacting to news that Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt resigned Thursday, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) released a one-word statement, attributed to Executive Director Noah Bookbinder: “Good.”
Pruitt's resignation is a direct result of Left-Liberal unhinged hatred. But it was a very serious mistake for him to resign. That gives the haters incentive to continue with their hate-filled rhetoric and nonsense. The only way to deal with bullies is to stand up to them.

As to draining the swamp, Pruitt was working on it and should have continued on that.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Pruitt's resignation is a direct result of Left-Liberal unhinged hatred. But it was a very serious mistake for him to resign. That gives the haters incentive to continue with their hate-filled rhetoric and nonsense. The only way to deal with bullies is to stand up to them.

As to draining the swamp, Pruitt was working on it and should have continued on that.

Just have to replace him with even more of a hardliner, that will show them.

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Pew Research

Conservatives:-- 85% are Christians, 3% are other faiths, 78% believe absolutely there is a God, 3% believe there is no God
Liberals: ---------52% are Christians, 10% are other faiths, 45% believe absolutely there is a God, 19% believe there is no God

73% of Republicans are white and Christian
29% of Democrats are white and Christian

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's OK to be slanted.
The right has an agenda, and the left has an agenda.
The difference is that the left is willing to do anything to get what they want.
They want to obliterate the right to get what they want.
And, yes, it can only be a spirit for the feeling to be this strong..
Kill babies, ruin families, destroy the institution of marriage, accept any kind of sexuality, anything goes, loss of civility.
And start in kindergarten --- this is the next generation.
I feel like it's already too late, but we shouldn't stop trying.

YES agree. :)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
According to Pew Research...
People should not put too much stock in Pew Research or any polling service. They all skew the results. What does *Christian* means in these polls? Probably not what the Bible means.

'A recent Grey Matter Research study showed that 44% of all Americans could not give any sort of substantive answer when asked to define what an evangelical Christian is, including 14% of the people who actually described themselves as evangelicals...

In fact, many Americans would also argue that these terms [born again and evangelical] are not the same thing. In a recent Grey Matter Research study of 1,007 American adults, 34% of all Americans would use one (or both) of these phrases to describe themselves. However, of those who would, just 40% would use both.

Forty-nine percent would call themselves a born-again Christian, but not an evangelical, and another 11% would call themselves an evangelical, but not a born-again Christian. So when a survey question asks, “Are you a born-again or evangelical Christian,” six out of ten people who say yes are only reacting positively to one of those phrases, not both. Most Americans do not see “evangelical” and “born-again” as the same thing.'

http://greymatterresearch.com/index_files/Grey_Matter_Report_Defining_Evangelicals_in_Research.pdf

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without wanting to come off as slanted, this is almost exactly the way I see things here in the States. At least where the media is concerned, it is near impossible to find anyone on the Left who comes off as moderate, and I have to attribute this to a spirit at work.

A spirit doesn't want to reason with you. It has an agenda, and will vilify anyone or anything that stands in its way.

I am liberal and moderate

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am liberal and moderate

Well I'm fine with that, LoL. You're good natured, so you don't qualify as someone who comes under the spirit I am concerned about. I have some other friends who are as well, and I respect them greatly (though we disagree like crazy, LoL). But when it is done in a Spirit of peace, healthy disagreement from different points of view can be very refreshing and beneficial for all concerned, don't you think? :)

Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump administration officials at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are reportedly suppressing a highly anticipated report that would warn Americans about the cancer risks that come with one of the most common chemicals in our environment.
The draft risk assessment, from the EPA’s Integrated Risk Information System, is expected to show that ingesting formaldehyde — breathing it in through car and furniture emissions, or slathering it on our skin via cosmetics — can cause leukemia and nose and throat cancers. The report was completed last fall, and slated to move on to the National Academies of Science for external peer review.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you my dear friend are unique ! :D

I think moderates are unique in this day and age. I hope you can see the extreme on both sides - conservatives happen to be quite organized and willing to justify the ends. Either liberals in power are woefully unable to organize true resistance or more likely, they benefit personally from the conservative agenda.

Both sides love to tinker with abortion - nothing like a good wedge issue to secure power. And anyone who knows history remembers how 19th century politicians benefited from the prohibition debate for over 100 years until they were foolish enough to actually outlaw alcohol - i doubt either side wants to repeat that mistake again! It took another 40 years to replace prohibition with abortion.

Reactions: Helen

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
According to Pew Research

Conservatives:-- 85% are Christians, 3% are other faiths, 78% believe absolutely there is a God, 3% believe there is no God
Liberals: ---------52% are Christians, 10% are other faiths, 45% believe absolutely there is a God, 19% believe there is no God

73% of Republicans are white and Christian
29% of Democrats are white and Christian
Isnt it odd that more are declared Chriatians, than the number who believe there is a God? How can one be a Christian and not believe in God?

Sounds like a screwed up poll...

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isnt it odd that more are declared Chriatians, than the number who believe there is a God? How can one be a Christian and not believe in God?

Sounds like a screwed up poll...

I know a few

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Wow, must be some crazy mental gymnastics to maintain that position lol

Peace!