uncertainty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

elmoisme99

Oct 21, 2009
I recently came across an idea which I want to share to find out is it is validall my life when I witness to people they use the question: who created god or how did god create himself and up till now I had no answer but last week I had revelation which may or may not be trueexplaining God in this way:In the beginning was perferection because nothing contaminated the world and the heavens at the beginning of time.God is perfect as clearly proven in the bibletherefore God was in the beginningso it is also true that there is nothing before the beginningfor sake of te definition of beginning itselftherefor it is beyond contestation to say that anything happeneed before GodGod was not created, molded or formed, he IS. the "I AM" period.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
elmoisme99;73803 said:
I recently came across an idea which I want to share to find out is it is validall my life when I witness to people they use the question: who created god or how did god create himself...
The best thing to tell people who ask such questions is exactly what Scripture reveals about God. No one created God nor did he create himself. He is eternal. He existed before time, space and matter. Psa 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. Psa 93:2 Your throne is established from of old; you are from everlasting. Isa 57:15 For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity...Hab 1:12 Are you not from everlasting, O LORD my God, my Holy One? 1Ti 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Nomad;73817]The best thing to tell people who ask such questions is exactly what Scripture reveals about God. No one created God nor did he create himself. He is eternal. He existed before time said:
Ok look at it this way nomad, god and gods power are eternal meaning god never had a beggining nor end right. Romans 1:20 tells us that gods power is eternal so my proposition here is that since god and gods power is eternal than why couldent his creation be eternal as well. Meaning without beggining or end.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gumby;73891]Ok look at it this way nomad said:
The answer is found in your use of the word "creation." Scripture tells us that the universe was "created" by God, which implies that the universe had a beginning. Therefore, the universe is not eternal in the same sense as God is eternal. That is, without beginning or end. Gen 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Nomad;73892]The answer is found in your use of the word "creation." Scripture tells us that the universe was "created" by God said:
The universe in iteself is not eternal i know that but im saying that god started the creation process with himself and it continues on to this day. Revelation 1:8, Revelation 21:6, Revelation 22:13, Isaiah 44:6, Isaiah 48:12, Revelation 1:17. And god even came down in the flesh though jesus as well to show the world that he was clearly here, Matthew 1:23. Thats my point, god bless :)

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
gumby;73891]Ok look at it this way nomad said:
Hi Gumby, I was taught that when God created Adam and Eve, they had eternal life until they sinned. God warned Adam and Eve that if they eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they will die. There was also the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden, which gave Adam and Eve eternal life and fellowship with God (Genesis 2:9 and Genesis 2:17). Therefore, eternal life existed until Adam and Eve sinned. When they sinned, death entered the world. Sin not only entered mankind, but it also entered the world (Romans 5:12); therefore, death also touched the world we live in. Eternal life, however, is found in God's kingdom.Peace be with you, Diana

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
[quote name='Diana;74263]Hi Gumby' date=' I was taught that when God created Adam and Eve, they had eternal life until they sinned. God warned Adam and Eve that if they eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they will die. There was also the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden, which gave Adam and Eve eternal life and fellowship with God (Genesis 2:9 and Genesis 2:17). Therefore, eternal life existed until Adam and Eve sinned. When they sinned, death entered the world. Sin not only entered mankind, but it also entered the world (Romans 5:12); therefore, death also touched the world we live in. Eternal life, however, is found in God's kingdom. Peace be with you, Diana[/QUOTE']When people ask "Who created God?" you are then in a position to say "No-one, He simply always exists, always has, and always will." If somethings about God were not beyond our comprehension then He wouldn't be God.

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
Stumpmaster;74264]When people ask [B]"Who created God?"[/B] you are then in a position to say [B]"No-one said:
If somethings about God were not beyond our comprehension then He wouldn't be God.
Where in my post did I say that someone created God? :confused: I never said such a thing.

gumby

May 29, 2009
[quote name='Diana;74263]Hi Gumby' date=' I was taught that when God created Adam and Eve, they had eternal life until they sinned. God warned Adam and Eve that if they eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they will die. There was also the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden, which gave Adam and Eve eternal life and fellowship with God (Genesis 2:9 and Genesis 2:17). Therefore, eternal life existed until Adam and Eve sinned. When they sinned, death entered the world. Sin not only entered mankind, but it also entered the world (Romans 5:12); therefore, death also touched the world we live in. Eternal life, however, is found in God's kingdom. Peace be with you, Diana[/QUOTE'] Yes i agree with you diana, for future refrence though read Daniel 12:2 and Matthew 25:46 :)

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
gumby;74295]Yes i agree with you diana said:
And could you explain the reason why I should read these verses for future references? I already know that there is an eternal life in Heaven and an eternal damnation in Hell.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Diana;74296 said:
And could you explain the reason why I should read these verses for future references? I already know that there is an eternal life in Heaven and an eternal damnation in Hell.
No real ryhm or reason to it i just found it ironic how Daniel 12:2 realtes to adam and eve.

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
gumby;74298 said:
No real ryhm or reason to it i just found it ironic how Daniel 12:2 realtes to adam and eve.
Hello Gumby, I am still a little confused. :confused: Could you explain a little more on how it is related to Adam and Eve. I don't see the names of Adam and Eve in any of that verse. Peace, Diana

elmoisme99

Oct 21, 2009
I do not wish to cause comotion or division with this post. I would like to suggest that everyone have an open mind before responding to any post but as to my postGod is everlasting - truebut what is it true that God created the heavens before the Earthsince Genisis 1:1 heven is stated before earth?