Understanding The HolySpirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seven spirits are not the Holy Spirit. They are spoken of throughout revelations. They are the seven lamps of the seven churches of the seven lampstands. They are the seven lamps of the one lampstand of Israel. They are the seven lamps before the throne after the seven lampstands are removed.

They are the seven angels who pour out the seven bowls and blow the seven trumpets.

They are special angels. Maybe archangels.

D

Dave L

you don't KNOW? we're not hear to embarrass anyone, but here to learn and understand.

ok, lets see.
#1.
Revelation 1:4a "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; (IS THIS NOT THE ONE WHOM YOU CALLS THE FATHER, THE "FIRST" PERSON IN THE GODHEAD? IF NOT PLEASE TELL US WHO THIS IS?)

#2.
and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; (IS THIS NOT THE ONE WHO YOU CALLS THE HOLY SPIRIT, THE "LAST", OR THIRD PERSON IN YOUR GODHEAD? IF NOT WHO IS THE SEVEN SPIRITS.

#3.
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood. (ok this is a give me, the one whom you calls the Son.

let's see.
Person #1. Father, "him which is, and which was, and which is to come"
Person #2. Holy Spirit, "the seven Spirits".
Person #3. Jesus Christ, "The son".

is this how you see it, if not please make any correction, and we can discuss them.

so, is this correct, Yes or no? if no make corrections.

I'll be looking to hear from you soon........
Your problem is in not understanding the "deity of Christ". It basically says Jesus is body, soul and Spirit. Just as we are. But instead of having a human spirit, he is the Spirit of God, soul, and body. And God is three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus speaking as the eternal Son, second person of the trinity.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Smile), I can take this as you have no clue to God as a person.
But instead of having a human spirit, he is the Spirit of God, soul, and body. And God is three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
well you got one right, he is the Spirit, the Holy Spirit.
but second, you ERROR again, Father, is not a person, but a title of a person,,,, :) who the same person happen to have the title SON also. understand your body is not a PERSON, it's a thing your soul and spirit dwells in. for the flesh profit NOTHING, it is done away with, for corruption, (the fleshly body) must put on incorruption. so you're incorrect on the body as a person. it's just a house, or tent, tempoary.
third, you said, "he, Jesus, is the Spirit of God. well Dave, did you realized what you just said?. you just eliminated one of your person in the Godhead. if Jesus is the Spirit, (which he is), then now "YOU" have one less PERSON in your Godhead. so you are short a PERSON, you just destroyed your own belief of three person in the Godhead ... :eek:

now if you want to know the truth as to who the letter is from, just ask.

now,
The seven spirits are not the Holy Spirit. They are spoken of throughout revelations. They are the seven lamps of the seven churches of the seven lampstands. They are the seven lamps of the one lampstand of Israel. They are the seven lamps before the throne after the seven lampstands are removed.

They are the seven angels who pour out the seven bowls and blow the seven trumpets.

They are special angels. Maybe archangels.

ERROR. Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
a. horns is all "power". b. "eyes", all knowing,
Zechariah 4:10 "For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth".

question time,
"Who was sent down from HEAVEN into all the earth?" let's see..........
1 Peter 1:12 "Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
another ERROR on your part.

let's see it clearly as to who was sent.
John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
ONE MORE,
John 16:7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

and one more thing,
The “candlestick” was not the actual candle itself, but was the stand that was composed of 7 branches, a shaft, knops and bowls in which was placed the oil that burned and was referred to as a “lamp”.

so Dave eliminated one of the Persons in his Godhead belief, and CoreIssue has no clue who the Holy Spirit is.

so coreissue, the same for you, if you want to know who the Letter is from, just ask.

D

Dave L

(Smile), I can take this as you have no clue to God as a person.

well you got one right, he is the Spirit, the Holy Spirit.
but second, you ERROR again, Father, is not a person, but a title of a person,,,, :) who the same person happen to have the title SON also. understand your body is not a PERSON, it's a thing your soul and spirit dwells in. for the flesh profit NOTHING, it is done away with, for corruption, (the fleshly body) must put on incorruption. so you're incorrect on the body as a person. it's just a house, or tent, tempoary.
third, you said, "he, Jesus, is the Spirit of God. well Dave, did you realized what you just said?. you just eliminated one of your person in the Godhead. if Jesus is the Spirit, (which he is), then now "YOU" have one less PERSON in your Godhead. so you are short a PERSON, you just destroyed your own belief of three person in the Godhead ... :eek:

now if you want to know the truth as to who the letter is from, just ask.

now,

ERROR. Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Zechariah 4:10 "For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth".

question time,
1 Peter 1:12 "Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
ONE MORE,
John 16:7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

and one more thing,
The “candlestick” was not the actual candle itself, but was the stand that was composed of 7 branches, a shaft, knops and bowls in which was placed the oil that burned and was referred to as a “lamp”.

so Dave eliminated one of the Persons in his Godhead belief, and CoreIssue has no clue who the Holy Spirit is.

so coreissue, the same for you, if you want to know who the Letter is from, just ask.
You'll remain in the dark until you approach scripture in view of the historic bible doctrines of the trinity and deity of Christ.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understand? The Holy Spirit is best experienced in the heart.

1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
7 And all the men were about twelve. - Acts 19

It was not enough for Paul to explain things to them. He we went the next step and laid his hands upon them so they could experience what was explained. There are many, I fear, who understand the definition of saved, sanctified, filled with the Holy Spirit... But have they been saved, sanctified, and filled with the Holy Spirit? There is spiritual fruit that goes along with the mental definition.

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you... - Galatians 4:19

There are things that are formed in the character, that are superior to the intellectual understanding.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll remain in the dark until you approach scripture in view of the historic bible doctrines of the trinity and deity of Christ.
so you have no real answer to refute what I posted, do you.

see Dave you just eliminated one of your persons in your Godhead of three.... My , my, my.
just as I been saying. the truth will make you free.

1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

It was not enough for Paul to explain things to them. He we went the next step and laid his hands upon them so they could experience what was explained.

There are many, I fear, who understand the definition of saved, sanctified, filled with the Holy Spirit... But have they been saved, sanctified, and filled with the Holy Spirit? There is spiritual fruit that goes along with the mental definition.

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you... - Galatians 4:19

There are things that are formed in the character, that are superior to the intellectual understanding.
amen, JESUS dwells in our Hearts.

Reactions: rockytopva

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now lets understand the Holy Spirit.
Revelation 5:1 "And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

Revelation 5:2 "And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?

Revelation 5:3 "And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.

Revelation 5:4 "And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

Revelation 5:5 "And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Revelation 5:7 "And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

Dave, a hint, he who stands is he who sits........ :cool:

D

Dave L

so you have no real answer to refute what I posted, do you.

see Dave you just eliminated one of your persons in your Godhead of three.... My , my, my.
just as I been saying. the truth will make you free.

amen, JESUS dwells in our Hearts.
The real answer is that you do not understand the scriptures you try to prove your point with.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR,
Genesis 22:15 "And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,

Genesis 22:16 "And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:

who was speaking when the person speaking said, "By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD"

did the LORD speak it or the angel? which one. give your answer please. ... (smile)

"By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD" The angel speaking here is speaking of what the Lord SAID for him to say. Who's "voice" could it possibly be other than The Father? What, is Jesus the son of an angel??!!

Reactions: Dave L

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It was not enough for Paul to explain things to them. He we went the next step and laid his hands upon them so they could experience what was explained. There are many, I fear, who understand the definition of saved, sanctified, filled with the Holy Spirit... But have they been saved, sanctified, and filled with the Holy Spirit? There is spiritual fruit that goes along with the mental definition.

Paul did very little here in explaining or making the people understand the Holy Spirit.... All he did was lay hands on them! And then they experienced the Holy Spirit. Which was much better than the explanations.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No error.

Revelation 2-3

Each church has an angel. Total seven.

Revelation 4:5
5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. In front of the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spiritsa]">[a] of God.

In the Old Testament these were seven angels he sent into the world.

Revelation 5:6
The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spiritsa]">[a] of God sent out into all the earth.
In the Old Testament these were seven angels he sent into the world.

The seven angels will blow the seven trumpets and pour out the seven bowls.
question time,

ONE MORE,

Nothing to do within the seven spirits are.
and one more thing,

Candle is a KJV error. An oil lamp is not a candle. The Bible is quite clear they are oil lamps not candles.

The oil was not placed in the lamps, if fed from the top receptacle, the Holy Spirit, which was the oil.

Such oil lamps have been used for centuries in various cultures. Some just exposed some of the oil to air and it burned right off the top, since oil cannot burn in its liquid form.

Others had a simple wick stuck in the oil, which wicked the oil up where it could be burned.

Raised in the antique trade I am very familiar with these kind of lamps.

CoreIssue has no clue who the Holy Spirit is.

The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity. Equal to the first and second persons in all regards. But has a different role, job, function.

I'm not the one struggling with this, you are.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul did very little here in explaining or making the people understand the Holy Spirit.... All he did was lay hands on them! And then they experienced the Holy Spirit. Which was much better than the explanations.

Being Jewish they didn't need more explanation. They have been taught things like this are whole lives.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is a human name for a human body.

It is not the name of the Godhead. I defy you to show me the name Jesus in the OT.

Plenty of proof prophetic promises, but no Jesus himself actually there in existence.
You are speaking against the truth which Jesus Himself clarified, saying, "before Abraham was, I am."

But you are toying over semantics. Jesus is synonymous with Emanuel, meaning "God with us." Certainly, you are not suggesting that God was not with us during the Old Testament period.

Last edited:
Reactions: stunnedbygrace

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD" The angel speaking here is speaking of what the Lord SAID for him to say. Who's "voice" could it possibly be other than The Father? What, is Jesus the son of an angel??!!

The angel of the Lord is a role of the second person of the Trinity.
You are speaking against the truth which Jesus Himself clarified, saying, "before Abraham was, I am."

But you toying over semantics. Jesus is synonymous with Emanuel, meaning "God with us." Certainly, you are not suggesting that God was not with us during the Old Testament period.

He never said his human body is God.

His human body died, God cannot.

His human body had a mother, God does not, unless your Mormon.

No semantics to it. His body is human, 100%. His spirit is 100% God. His spirit is eternal, meaning neither created or born. His flesh is not eternal meaning it was created and born.

Adam was the first man and he was called son of God.

Angels and saints are called sons of God.

Jesus spoke most the time as a man but sometimes as God. We are supposed to be smart enough to know the difference. Apparently you are not.

Of course God was present in the Old Testament. But Jesus Christ was not, meaning his flesh.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He never said his human body is God.

His human body died, God cannot.

His human body had a mother, God does not, unless your Mormon.

No semantics to it. His body is human, 100%. His spirit is 100% God. His spirit is eternal, meaning neither created or born. His flesh is not eternal meaning it was created and born.

Adam was the first man and he was called son of God.

Angels and saints are called sons of God.

Jesus spoke most the time as a man but sometimes as God. We are supposed to be smart enough to know the difference. Apparently you are not.

Of course God was present in the Old Testament. But Jesus Christ was not, meaning his flesh.
You insult me to say that apparently I am not smart enough to know Jesus from God.

But they are One, "the Word became flesh", "I am" (His words, not mine).

Your technical understanding is greatly lacking.

Reactions: Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply.
second, who said something is different from who spoke it. my God how hard is it to understand.
it was the angel who spoke to Abraham as to what the LORD said.
Genesis 22:15 "And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, 16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son". the angel spoke to Abraham as to what God wanted Abraham to hear. is this so hard to understand? if it is then I see why there is so much division in the Churches today.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angels and saints are called sons of God
Hebrews 1:5 "For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?".

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 1:5 "For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?".

Are you disputing angels are sons called sons of God? That Adam was called the son of God?

Once again, the KJV misleads and confuses.

Hebrews 1:5 New International Version (NIV)
The Son Superior to Angels
5 For to which of the angels did God ever say,

“You are my Son;
today I have become your Father”a]">[a]?

Or again,

“I will be his Father,
and he will be my Son”b]">[b]?

Luke 3:38 New International Version (NIV)
38 the son of Enosh,

the son of Seth, the son of Adam,

the son of God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you disputing angels are sons called sons of God? That Adam was called the son of God?

Once again, the KJV misleads and confuses.

Hebrews 1:5 New International Version (NIV)
The Son Superior to Angels
5 For to which of the angels did God ever say,

“You are my Son;
today I have become your Father”a]">[a]?

Or again,

“I will be his Father,
and he will be my Son”b]">[b]?

Luke 3:38 New International Version (NIV)
38 the son of Enosh,

the son of Seth, the son of Adam,

the son of God.
name an angel that is a son of God? scripture please.